PDA

View Full Version : Capn Dallow

Pages : [1] 2

Andy
12-Jun-2010, 11:26 PM
After a recent incident the management here (myself and neil) thought it was time for the super moderator capn dallow to leave HpotD and he has been removed accordingly.

We have a policy here of not discussing what has happened with any banned member except with the parties involved and this is no exception.

At the moment, we are not considering recruiting a replacement super moderator as we feel our current team are not being put under any pressure by capn's departure.

mista_mo
13-Jun-2010, 06:30 PM
awww lord, shit just got real.

fartpants
13-Jun-2010, 06:59 PM
anyone else get a feeling of deja-vu here

Debbieangel
13-Jun-2010, 07:41 PM
Holy cow... one of the best mods here and you let him (Brett) go????
What is up with that???
You should be reconsidering the ban, Brett is well liked here by the members and he does his job well, that's more than you can say for some, me included.
I believe this is a good site to be on.. what is going on here lately?
I drop out for alittle while and bam the ban hammer goes down.
All I can say is BRING BACK BRETT!!!

fartpants
13-Jun-2010, 07:56 PM
Holy cow... one of the best mods here and you let him (Brett) go????
What is up with that???
You should be reconsidering the ban, Brett is well liked here by the members and he does his job well, that's more than you can say for some, me included.
I believe this is a good site to be on.. what is going on here lately?
I drop out for alittle while and bam the ban hammer goes down.
All I can say is BRING BACK BRETT!!!

hear hear

Trancelikestate
13-Jun-2010, 08:26 PM
All of his posts appear to have been removed as well?

fartpants
13-Jun-2010, 08:35 PM
it appears somebody wants todelete his existence on these forums....gotta say though we members have very long memories

Trancelikestate
13-Jun-2010, 09:25 PM
Not only that but it seems a tad immature to totally delete someone. Like when you break up with someone and trash everything they ever gave you? :p He must've done something pretty bad.

acealive1
13-Jun-2010, 10:08 PM
as much as i like the guy, i guess we can't question their logic. it's their site,guys. we're just visitors.

but since he's gone,doesn't that mean my non expiring warning from him is gone as well?

Andy
13-Jun-2010, 10:32 PM
Unfortunatly ace is right, beleive me brett was a very close friend of mine (off the forums too) and this decision was not taken lightly or over frivalous circumstances, i did not get any sleep the night that i had to ban brett but i was placed in a impossible situation.

I wish i could go into detail over what happened with you guys and set out the whole story but we have a very strict non-disclosure policy regarding banned members and we cant make an exception, as much as i would like to.

Regrettably, i see very little chance of this being revised or overturned.

krakenslayer
13-Jun-2010, 10:43 PM
Believe me, these two guys are/were extremely close friends in real life. I am intensely disappointed that this situation has arisen. I really don't want to get involved in any of the conflict, as I consider both Andy and Capn to be my friends off the forums as well as on and I don't want to jeapordise that, I can only hope that there will eventually be some peaceful resolution between Capn, Andy and HPotD, if such a thing is possible :(

clanglee
14-Jun-2010, 12:10 AM
Well damn!!! I am not going on vacation again or anything!!! As soon as I leave for a few days some crazy shit happens!!

Publius
14-Jun-2010, 10:33 AM
Very sorry to hear this. Don't have a basis to second-guess the ban decision, not knowing the reason for it, but I've got to say that deleting all his old posts reminds me of nothing more than people who fell out of favor with Stalin getting airbrushed out of photos of May Day parades and whatnot.

bassman
14-Jun-2010, 02:35 PM
Basscunt does not like.:(

AcesandEights
14-Jun-2010, 02:39 PM
Jesus! Horrible news.

Debbieangel
14-Jun-2010, 04:46 PM
woww.. all of Brett's posts have disappeared...I have seen other banned members posts still be here.
I mean someone might bring up an old thread and you will see the banned members name with a linecrossed through it.
I am just asking cause he had A LOT of posts! I just don't understand it!

bassman
14-Jun-2010, 04:48 PM
It's like he's been erased. Erased from existence!!!

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s333/davepelfrey/DocBrown.jpg

I think I did the same thing with some ex girlfriend's photos when I was about 14...

Debbieangel
14-Jun-2010, 05:44 PM
exactly bass..wowww I am struggling to get over 1,000 posts..can you imagine over 12,000 erased? I think he had that or over, I know he was one of the top posters! Thats a shame..all gone! Imagine!

darth los
14-Jun-2010, 05:48 PM
Unbelievable.

Once the mods minds are made up it's rough guys. :(

:cool:

AcesandEights
14-Jun-2010, 07:16 PM
It's like he's been erased. Erased from existence!!!

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s333/davepelfrey/DocBrown.jpg

I think I did the same thing with some ex girlfriend's photos when I was about 14...

http://www.acepilots.com/mt/commissar-vanishes.jpg

Debbieangel
14-Jun-2010, 11:18 PM
What is erased in this day and age can be restored!!!
Let fairness prevail!

strayrider
15-Jun-2010, 07:25 AM
Does anyone have Cap's Email ad? If so, please send it to me at: strayrider@fuse.net

Kindly

-stray-

Mike70
15-Jun-2010, 03:29 PM
jesus am i glad i've taken a few weeks off from here. drama, drama, drama. always drama on the interwebz and always surrounding the same few folks.

darth los
15-Jun-2010, 03:55 PM
Things like this suck and the community is usually o.k. with a ban because the person probably had it coming.

However, in this case it didn't seem to be anything overt so me figures it's internal politics that those who are not in the inner circle are not privvy to.

Tricky
15-Jun-2010, 05:34 PM
Well I thought the inner circle had gone, but clearly not from things I've been hearing...:shifty:
Anyway, shame to see the capn gone, he's been one of those posters on here thats like part of the furniture

zombie04
15-Jun-2010, 05:48 PM
I take a little break from visiting the forum and this happens? All I can say is I agree about the deleting of his posts. It all seems a bit unnecessary and overkill.

fartpants
15-Jun-2010, 05:50 PM
if any new members spring up with CAPN in their name....:evil:

DubiousComforts
15-Jun-2010, 05:58 PM
I miss Brett already. :(

bassman
15-Jun-2010, 06:25 PM
Well I thought the inner circle had gone, but clearly not from things I've been hearing...:shifty:

http://www.thecrypt.co.za/images/Tales_from_the_crypt_title_shot.jpg???

:sneaky::lol:

darth los
15-Jun-2010, 06:33 PM
I would have went with Tales From the darkside, but hey, that's just me. :D

bassman
15-Jun-2010, 06:34 PM
Trust me....crypt works just fine.

fartpants
15-Jun-2010, 06:51 PM
Trust me....crypt works just fine.

B.C you kill me man :lol::lol::lol:

Tricky
15-Jun-2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.thecrypt.co.za/images/Tales_from_the_crypt_title_shot.jpg???

:sneaky::lol:

Indeed bass, indeed!

Danny
15-Jun-2010, 07:05 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/carousel-486-logo.png

Debbieangel
15-Jun-2010, 07:29 PM
i miss brett already. :(

me too dub!!! :(

darth los
15-Jun-2010, 07:30 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/carousel-486-logo.png

It's about as impenetrable as the pentagon as well.

Danny
15-Jun-2010, 07:32 PM
It's about as impenetrable as the pentagon as well.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/1276594667481.jpg

fartpants
15-Jun-2010, 08:15 PM
im sure Brett will be pleased to know hes gone but not forgotten :elol::elol:

mista_mo
16-Jun-2010, 04:26 PM
Basscunt, ur doing mah head in.

Debbieangel
16-Jun-2010, 08:25 PM
Does anyone have Cap's Email ad? If so, please send it to me at: strayrider@fuse.net

Kindly

-stray-

Here is Capn's email addy: brett.666@hotmail.co.uk

I know he would love to hear from you or anyone else that wants to email him. :)

darth los
16-Jun-2010, 08:51 PM

I know he would love to hear from you or anyone else that wants to email him. :)

I think I'll do that.

Thnx buddy. :)

Debbieangel
16-Jun-2010, 09:16 PM
I think I'll do that.

Thnx buddy. :)

LOL buddy???...ah last time I checked I was more of a buddy-ette!! Anyway, darth.. yw ;) lol

SymphonicX
17-Jun-2010, 09:41 AM
No idea what this is about but I can't think of a single reason why he'd deserve it? He's probably one of the least offensive people on here! hahaha

darth los
18-Jun-2010, 07:37 PM
LOL buddy???...ah last time I checked I was more of a buddy-ette!! Anyway, darth.. yw ;) lol

You know what i mean. You know it's all love.

But yeah, imo, it doesn't feel the same around here. He's one of the stabilizing forces here. Never petty.

a real person you know. As much as a bandwith relationship allows me to determine that that is. :lol:

bassman
18-Jun-2010, 07:38 PM
Brett is the man. Bring him back!:cool:

darth los
18-Jun-2010, 07:42 PM

Like i said it's gotta be something either personal or inside politics.

It's going to have to be solved amongst the heiarchy.

Debbieangel
18-Jun-2010, 09:39 PM

Yessssss. Bring Brett back!!!!!

Chic Freak
18-Jun-2010, 11:27 PM
as much as i like the guy, i guess we can't question their logic. it's their site,guys. we're just visitors.

Don't be ridiculous ace, of course we can question it.

Unfortunatly ace is right, beleive me brett was a very close friend of mine (off the forums too) and this decision was not taken lightly or over frivalous circumstances, i did not get any sleep the night that i had to ban brett but i was placed in a impossible situation.

I wish i could go into detail over what happened with you guys and set out the whole story but we have a very strict non-disclosure policy regarding banned members and we cant make an exception, as much as i would like to.

If it's your site, surely you can do what you want? :rolleyes:

Debbieangel
19-Jun-2010, 02:02 AM
neil + all three mods + agreed = one man

darth los
19-Jun-2010, 02:47 AM
It's just crazy that on a whim any of us can just be erased.

It's also sad that the input of long time members holds no weight whatsoever.

Again, we know it's not our site but we keep this place alive and running too and the wishes of the community should atleast be factored into the decision

Everyone wants him back so it's obvious that's not the case.

strayrider
19-Jun-2010, 08:16 AM

Thank you, Deb.

:D

-stray-

fartpants
19-Jun-2010, 10:15 AM
its sad to know that the people who keep this forum going...ie the members really have no say, surely its all of us and especially the big, regular posters who make this forum wat it is and i find it sad that management care so little for our feelings...

BRING BACK BRETT !!!

Andy
19-Jun-2010, 11:21 AM
Becuase of the level of interest from members, ive been asked to go into a little more detail with everybody, remove the 'cloak and dagger' aspect as it were.

Firstly, i know about the PM's/Emails circulating and have seen a couple, for those who havnt it reads:

You all may be wondering what happened with Brett being banned.
Brett asked me to message you. He hopes all of you are doing well
And wishes you all the best.
I hope these emails between Andy and Brett help explain things.

This is a message to all of you from Brett himself:

'After being threatened with a ban if I 'opposed' the administrator, I decided that wanted no more of it, and decided to air my feelings in the crypt (the name of the homepage of the dead secret forum where they slag off the members.) I was then banned.’

And includes a couple of screenshots from bretts email. As i have explained to a couple of people now, this is only half of the actual story and a very skewed view.

The actual incident started in the staff forum, and yes we do have a staff forum aswell, big suprise. Im not going to go into detail on the topic under discussion but it was starting to get heated and i replied asking brett not to take it any further. I Believe he had been drinking that night but am not 100% sure, either way, he responded to me (via msn) with a tirade of abuse, going absolutly mad, accusing me of 'censoring' him and 'accussing him of shit stirring' both of which were untrue and i tried to convince him of that but he wouldnt have it and continued giving me abuse, then he said he was going to post a reply to me here and i told him it was a bad idea as i couldnt overlook it on the forums.'

Now let me explain that last sentence becuase it seems to have been intererpated differently between myself and brett..

From my point of view, i am trying to protect brett from anything like this happening becuase we're good friends. Brett had had alot of warnings and second chances in the past becuase he was so popular and mostly becuase id stuck my neck out for him, i know what he is like when he's had a drink and am used to it and was perfectly willing to overlook it over MSN and not bring it here at all as it was a personal argument, but with brett now threatening to bring it here, i cant overlook it then or else it brings my job into question, especially considering his previous history.

From bretts point of view, as far as i understand it, he thought i was threatening him with that last line and thought i was out to get one over on him. Similar to the story im sure alot of you have already been given.

I didnt see his reply that night anyway but the argument continued over MSN until he decided to block/delete me, i still took no action at this point as i thought it would be a end to the matter apart from maybe a awkward conversation the next day, anyway i came online the next day and brett has made his reply at some point during the night, giving me more abuse this time in front of everybody, i must stress at this point, after being asked not to bring it on the forums and told that no further action would be taken as long as it stayed over msn, brett chose to post his reply himself and much to my dissapointment.

That is the original incident that got him banned, after his ban i was willing to talk to him and maybe work it out, i would of been willing to lift it at that stage but since then he has sent me a particullarly nasty email, spread rumours around about me and revealed certain details about how the backend stuff works around here, which in my opinion reinforces the call for a permanent ban.

Couple of footnotes..
1. This was not done on a whim or to get one over on brett, like i said he was a very good friend of mine and i did not want to do this, but he had more warnings than anyone else would get and he had left the forums 'never to return' a couple of times in his history, he had only been allowed back previously becuase i pushed so hard for him. So i feel like the way i am being villified is unfair.

2. Bassman, i am sorry you heard about the basscunt thing, i didnt actually make the name up myself (im not saying who did) and brett participated in that conversation aswell, something which he probably omitted when he told you about it. Not point scoring or anything. There was never any real threat of you being banned, it was just blowing off steam which we are all entitled to do, Anyway, i do genuinely apologise.

3.Members calls and pleas for bretts return are not being ignored, everything has been considered in what has been a very difficult decision, i have just yesterday let brett know (through a mediator) that i am willing to talk to him, i want to salvage some of our friendship if possible and i would consider allowing him back once we have cleared the air, but brett has made it very clear that he will only return if i meet some very unrealistic conditions of his.

4.This was my decision and mine entirely and as forum owner and manager that is my prerogative, the super mods and neil were not involved directly but support my decision.

5. Finally, Chic, no it is not my site.. its neils site, i own the forums, the software and license but neil owns the site and the name 'homepageofthedead'.

fartpants
19-Jun-2010, 11:31 AM
are you saying that Brett had had a drink....no surely not :lol::lol:

on a lighter note who wants to guess what bretts " unrealistic conditions " were

Mike70
19-Jun-2010, 01:46 PM
on a lighter note who wants to guess what bretts " unrealistic conditions " were

some undoubtedly involve underage girls.

JDFP
19-Jun-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry to see Brett go too, but I'm sure Andy did what he had to do. I, for one, greatly appreciate this site and truly enjoy being a member here. This is a great place and while I sometimes "get into it" with some folks, it's always a matter of great respect to others and appreciation for being a part of this place -- this is the ONLY forum I am a regular member at, as I don't think any other place has nearly as interesting or unique group of people from all different walks of life and backgrounds.

With that said...

We have a secret underground forum here called the "Crypt"?

Say what?

j.p.

AcesandEights
19-Jun-2010, 02:36 PM
With that said...

Say what?

j.p.

I know, right!?

I'd heard about it before and I assume it's a mod/dem only board, which isn't unusual, as most web communities have them to discuss staff/mod/site matters (infraction adjudication etc.). I'd always heard bad things about 'the crypt', and assume we all get 'slagged off' to one degree or another eventually, but it's kind of normal from what I've seen of web board communities and not so much a bad thing, but natural consequence of having to police a community on the web. I mean, when a subset of any community gather a certain amount of candid candor (<--sounds weird just typing it) is going to pop up.

Anyway, it's nice to see fences might get mended. I will say that hpotd is a great community and great mods and support from the staff is a big part of that. I miss Brett, as he was a solid, very active mod (from my member's eye view, anyway) and a good guy who is sorely missed by a lot of us.

Here's to hoping it works out best for all parties involved.

EvilNed
19-Jun-2010, 02:57 PM
...but I've got to say that deleting all his old posts reminds me of nothing more than people who fell out of favor with Stalin getting airbrushed out of photos of May Day parades and whatnot.

You are misinformed. That never happened. Those people were never there.

Tricky
19-Jun-2010, 03:04 PM
I heard about the crypt from a former poster on here & also heard some things had been said about me in there :shifty: I guess now I know i'll be "going for a walk in the woods" soon ;)

JDFP
19-Jun-2010, 03:10 PM
I heard about the crypt from a former poster on here & also heard some things had been said about me in there :shifty: I guess now I know i'll be "going for a walk in the woods" soon ;)

Whatever you do,

Stay out of the Woodshed!

:elol:

j.p.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jun-2010, 03:10 PM
Apparently I was on the receiving end of one of Capn's famous outbursts some time ago, but never saw the original post as it was deleted before I logged on that day, but how I learned about it was from Capn himself. He actually PM'd me and apologized... when I said asked what he was apologizing for he gave me the story of what transpired and I said to him... No worries... Since I didn't see it for myself and you were man enough to PM me and say something about I considered it water under the bridge.

I hadn't really brought it up or thought about it until I read the topic, but... to me if someone is man enough or woman enough to apologize they are ok in my book.

I can forgive just about anyone... only a few people will never get my forgiveness, and that is a very very short list (3 people)

Now, since I am lately known as the forum asshole.... thanks for the title BTW, I wear it proudly, I say if Capn is man enough to apologize again and everyone is willing to forgive and forget let him back in... but ... and this is just my opinion... maybe let him back with restrictions or removal of certain powers, title whatever, until he learns to handle himself (Nod to Peter in DAWN)

Just my 2 cents. I know HPOTD isn't a democracy, but I say lets be democratic about it and put it to a vote. Since Capn is a very popular member and well liked... maybe we should all give him the benefit of the doubt.

Debbieangel
19-Jun-2010, 04:41 PM
If Brett were to reply through another person, would that person be banned? I believe he has a right to reply!

Andy
19-Jun-2010, 05:51 PM
With that said...

Say what?

j.p.

Its very common practice for any webboard to have a mod/staff only forum, i would put money on it that everyboard everyone of you guys visits has one.

Its simply the most effective way for the 5 of us to communicate, for example if you report a post, it dosnt send a message to each of us individually, it just posts an alert in our staff forum so all 5 of us see the same topic, avoiding confusion over who's dealing with it.

Apparently I was on the receiving end of one of Capn's famous outbursts some time ago, but never saw the original post as it was deleted before I logged on that day, but how I learned about it was from Capn himself. He actually PM'd me and apologized... when I said asked what he was apologizing for he gave me the story of what transpired and I said to him... No worries... Since I didn't see it for myself and you were man enough to PM me and say something about I considered it water under the bridge.

I hadn't really brought it up or thought about it until I read the topic, but... to me if someone is man enough or woman enough to apologize they are ok in my book.

I can forgive just about anyone... only a few people will never get my forgiveness, and that is a very very short list (3 people)

Now, since I am lately known as the forum asshole.... thanks for the title BTW, I wear it proudly, I say if Capn is man enough to apologize again and everyone is willing to forgive and forget let him back in... but ... and this is just my opinion... maybe let him back with restrictions or removal of certain powers, title whatever, until he learns to handle himself (Nod to Peter in DAWN)

Just my 2 cents. I know HPOTD isn't a democracy, but I say lets be democratic about it and put it to a vote. Since Capn is a very popular member and well liked... maybe we should all give him the benefit of the doubt.

I feel your fustration DJ but our banning system isnt based on 'he's popular, we wont ban him' its based on warnings, and chances, and oportunities and if you miss those, your out. no matter who you are, including me, the only person who is truely exempt from banning under our system is neil himself and i think thats fairer than basing it solely on popularity and to be honest, brett has had more than his fair share of warnings due to his friendship with me, ive put off taking action against him for a long time.

Brett also hasnt apologised or even accepted any wrong doing on his behalf as far as im aware.

If Brett were to reply through another person, would that person be banned? I believe he has a right to reply!

Yes to your question, brett does not have the right to reply, he is a banned member. he no longer has the right to access this board or any of its features until such time as he is unbanned. Allowing him to access the board through your account will result in infractions or a potential ban. Sorry debs.

If brett really wants to talk, he has my email address but i am not prepared to engage him in a public display.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jun-2010, 05:54 PM
I feel your fustration DJ but our banning system isnt based on 'he's popular, we wont ban him' its based on warnings, and chances, and oportunities and if you miss those, your out. no matter who you are, including me, the only person who is truely exempt from banning under our system is neil himself and i think thats fairer than basing it solely on popularity and to be honest, brett has had more than his fair share of warnings due to his friendship with me, ive put off taking action against him for a long time.

Brett also hasnt apologised or even accepted any wrong doing on his behalf as far as im aware.

Understandable... I was just trying to find an amicable and hopefully agreeable to all parties way to help the situation, but if what you are saying is the final and done answer I respect it and will move on.

Debbieangel
19-Jun-2010, 09:14 PM
no no..u got me wrong..I wont give my account to anyone to post here.
I meant relay a message. But, ok thank you for answering me, Andy.

DubiousComforts
20-Jun-2010, 05:35 PM
This is all very sad for me because I like Andy, Neil and Brett very much.

Eyebiter
20-Jun-2010, 06:30 PM
Banning a HPOTD moderator has created a buzz among former board members.

Bongholio called yesterday and mentioned this incident several times.

Neil
20-Jun-2010, 07:11 PM

Virtually any forum you find will have an admin forum, just for mods where forum related stuff is posted!? I'm surprised if anyone thought that one would not exist?

Anything from system generated messages, to 'do we need a new forum about X', to 'I'm on holiday next week' etc etc... goes on in there...

fartpants
20-Jun-2010, 07:12 PM
Banning a HPOTD moderator has created a buzz among former board members.

Bongholio called yesterday and mentioned this incident several times.

wow how did he hear about it...just goes to show no-one ever really leaves the hpotd

Trin
20-Jun-2010, 07:35 PM
Virtually any forum you find will have an admin forum, just for mods where forum related stuff is posted!? I'm surprised if anyone thought that one would not exist?

Anything from system generated messages, to 'do we need a new forum about X', to 'I'm on holiday next week' etc etc... goes on in there...
I think the concern/surprise is more about things like ranting about members and coming up with insulting (but perhaps highly funny) alternate names for members.

fartpants
20-Jun-2010, 07:37 PM
just ask bassman :lol::lol::lol:

ProfessorChaos
20-Jun-2010, 08:10 PM
yeah, what the fuck's up with that? bassman seems to be one of the more balanced and even-tempered guys around here and it's sorta odd that he gets called "basscunt"...wonder what they come up with for the rest of us?:confused:

fartpants
20-Jun-2010, 08:12 PM
yeah, what the fuck's up with that? bassman seems to be one of the more balanced and even-tempered guys around here and it's sorta odd that he gets called "basscunt"...wonder what they come up with for the rest of us?:confused:

it think its best if we never know :lol:

Trin
20-Jun-2010, 08:29 PM
it think its best if we never know :lol:Are you kidding? If they're all that entertaining then we all deserve one. I demand my insulting name!!

JDFP
20-Jun-2010, 08:34 PM
I found out in our severely drunken chat room last night (there was more alcohol involved in that chat than an evening down at my pub) that I'm just not important enough to be discussed in the Crypt.

I have mixed feelings about this -- yay, it's good that nothing negatively is being said about me. But, at the same time, just not "being important enough" to be discussed? Sniffle... I'm going to go whine in my whining thread in the lounge now...

j.p.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jun-2010, 08:43 PM
Start shit like I do and I am sure you will be talked about daily. :D

Kaos
20-Jun-2010, 09:00 PM
JD - I will make a point of talking about ya. Where should I start? Paying women to cry during sex maybe? ;)

clanglee
20-Jun-2010, 09:01 PM
Now I am curious. what is my insulting nickname? Have I pissed enough people off to garner one? Come now. . .out with it.

Kaos
20-Jun-2010, 09:02 PM
Isn't clanglee bad enough?

JDFP
20-Jun-2010, 09:03 PM
JD - I will make a point of talking about ya. Where should I start? Paying women to cry during sex maybe? ;)

Who said anything about paying for it? :shifty::p

It's actually a pretty damn funny song by Bloodhound Gang I was referencing called: ""A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When The Stripper Is Crying". Because it's a funny song. Wrong on so many levels, but funny. Mostly funny because it is so wrong. :cool:

j.p.

rongravy
20-Jun-2010, 09:03 PM
Dammit, I just now read this thread and realised you guys offed one of only two friends I even had here, and the other one never comes anymore.
:lol:\
I was chatting with the Capn and snatching some PiL off of him on New Years when I broke the fuck outta my hand. I was the one drunk off my ass that night and beliggerent...

So what's my pet name?
Or am I worthy of one yet?

clanglee
20-Jun-2010, 09:06 PM
Isn't clanglee bad enough?

yeah, but I CHOSE that insulting nickname!!

Debbieangel
20-Jun-2010, 09:10 PM
yeah, but I CHOSE that insulting nickname!!

ok clang i'll bite....why did u pick clanglee? or should I even ask?lol ;)

clanglee
20-Jun-2010, 09:14 PM

LOL. . . .it's actually just an odd spelling of my first initial and my last name. C. Langley. Boring. . .I know.

Debbieangel
20-Jun-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL. . . .it's actually just an odd spelling of my first initial and my last name. C. Langley. Boring. . .I know.

ooooooh I thought it might be part of some kindof pornstar name or something? lol jk

clanglee
20-Jun-2010, 09:24 PM
ooooooh I thought it might be part of some kindof pornstar name or something? lol jk

Well no. . my porn name's Harry Hammerhard.

Debbieangel
20-Jun-2010, 09:27 PM

LOL....I am not gonna ask!:stunned:

rongravy
21-Jun-2010, 03:47 AM

Mine's Richard Buttley. Yeah,: Dick for short. How do you think I knew all about Evil Ed...?
:moon:

SymphonicX
21-Jun-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow, way too political for me.
In terms of "the crypt" - ignorance is bliss.

Mike70
21-Jun-2010, 01:44 PM

clang is actually a klingon who has been trapped on earth for sometime. in his time here, he has picked up addictions to hentai, dr. pepper, and games of nude tiddlywinks.

Debbieangel
21-Jun-2010, 04:31 PM
Really tho wouldn't want to be a 'fly on the wall' to see what has been said about each of us? It would be pretty interesting to see don't you think?

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 04:37 PM
Really tho wouldn't want to be a 'fly on the wall' to see what has been said about each of us? It would be pretty interesting to see don't you think?

Everyone says stuff behind each other's back deb, it's just the way people are.

SymphonicX
21-Jun-2010, 04:45 PM

Nope.....honestly I wouldn't. When doors are closed people can be very unforgiving and nasty. That such a place even exists on this board is a shame, really.

bassman
21-Jun-2010, 04:47 PM
Being the one that was actually made aware of his "hate" thread.....why does it look like everyone else cares more than I do?:lol:

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 05:00 PM
Being the one that was actually made aware of his "hate" thread.....why does it look like everyone else cares more than I do?:lol:

It's the principle. If such a thing even exists anymore.

Trin
21-Jun-2010, 05:06 PM
We get protective when our women-folk are threatened. :p

Debbieangel
21-Jun-2010, 05:09 PM
Everyone says stuff behind each other's back deb, it's just the way people are.

I agree people do talk behind each others back but, most likely it comes back to bite them on the ass later on. That is what I have seen anyway.

bassman
21-Jun-2010, 05:10 PM

You men make me feel safe.

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 05:11 PM

You know I'm jealous that you thought of that zinger and I didn't right? :lol:

I agree people do talk behind each others back but, most likely it comes back to bite them on the ass later on. That is what I have seen anyway.

Well, as Jesus says deb: What is in the dark will always come to light.

BillyRay
21-Jun-2010, 05:11 PM
Here, Bass, This'll kill the pain:

Ghostbusters Burlesque. (http://io9.com/5567682/ghostbusters-burlesque-foists-a-busty-slimer-upon-the-audience-slightly-nsfw)

(Kill the pain or cause your head to assplode)

bassman
21-Jun-2010, 05:23 PM
Their proton packs look like shit. That's all I got outta that.:lol:

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 05:27 PM

something tells me that's not what they focussed on. :lol:

BillyRay
21-Jun-2010, 05:32 PM

>Sigh<

You try and do something nice for some people...

You have nobody to blame for this but yourself:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/2376/medium/ghostbusters_Larry_Storch_Forrest_Tucker.jpg

The ORIGINAL Ghostbusters...

bassman
21-Jun-2010, 05:34 PM
You're on my shit list now, Billy.:p

I can imagine Brett reading this thread saying "Ghostbusting queer".:lol:

JDFP
21-Jun-2010, 05:38 PM
>Sigh<

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/2376/medium/ghostbusters_Larry_Storch_Forrest_Tucker.jpg

Woah, wait a second... is that Burgess 'freakin Meredith?

I didn't realize that Burgess Meredith was a ghostbuster! That's freakin' awesome...

The guy MADE the original "Twilight Zone" as having like 5 different guest appearances on the show and each episode was among the series best (of course the least of the show would still rank a 4.5 out of 5 stars for quality). Man, you just don't have actors like Meredith any longer...

"No, it isn't fair! I had all the time I wanted and all the time I needed! Time enough at last!"

http://readingisbreathing.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/time_enough_at_last.jpg

j.p.

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't believe that's him but what you said about him being in the TZ is spot on.

Claude Atkins (The guy who played aldo in Planet of the apes) was in a few gems as well in that series.

Come to think of it who WASN'T on that show? :lol:

I can remember Robert Duvall And Chareles Bronson as well.

CHARELS

FREAKIN'

BRONSON

DUDE

Nuff said.

BillyRay
21-Jun-2010, 05:44 PM
Woah, wait a second... is that Burgess 'freakin Meredith?

I didn't realize that Burgess Meredith was a ghostbuster! That's freakin' awesome...

Sorry, JDFP, Not the Penguin.

Just 2 guys from F-troop and a guy in an ape suit.

But it gets Bass geechy, so there you go.

Trin
21-Jun-2010, 05:50 PM
Meredith is clearly the guy in the ape suit.

JDFP
21-Jun-2010, 06:26 PM
>Sigh<

Meredith is clearly the guy in the ape suit.

Okay, I'm crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy, if that's not Burgess in the center of the picture there, it's CLEARLY his twin brother -- the man looks just like the older Burgess Meredith.

I'm calling them as cloned at birth.

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/27/2770/L8XTD00Z.jpg

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/Movies/Actors2/Meredith_WM88183147_150x200.jpg

j.p.

AcesandEights
21-Jun-2010, 06:39 PM
the man looks just like the older Burgess Meredith.

+ about 50 pounds and a few inches. I don't think Tucker looks much like Meredith, though there is a certain older, jowliness they both share in the picture. Hell, I always thought Tucker looked more like the Skipper from Gilligan's Island, than anyone else.

http://www.jwayne.com/costars/Forrest.JPG

http://gunsmokenet.com/GunsmokeTGAW/Marks-Stuff/Gunsmoke/hale.jpg

But now side by side, meh...both hefty fair-skinned white dude's.

BillyRay
21-Jun-2010, 07:20 PM
Tucker looks more like Sam the Butcher from Brady Bunch to me:

http://www.commonsensejunction.com/xtras/wwii-movie-stars/forrest-tucker.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yPn45KkKQ-k/SjRkfs9VxgI/AAAAAAAACk4/bayBKZnd71g/s400/sam.jpg

AcesandEights
21-Jun-2010, 07:23 PM
Tucker looks more like Sam the Butcher from Brady Bunch to me:

Blast! I wish I could think of someone who Sam the Butcher reminds me of.

clanglee
21-Jun-2010, 07:27 PM
clang is actually a klingon who has been trapped on earth for sometime. in his time here, he has picked up addictions to hentai, dr. pepper, and games of nude tiddlywinks.

Dammit Mike!!! Quit reading my Diary. . . um. . . I mean Captains Log.

AcesandEights
21-Jun-2010, 07:28 PM
That second choice of pic for Sam the Butcher is a great match to the one of Tucker.

bassman
24-Jun-2010, 03:34 PM
So is this fucker back yet, or what?

Listen to tha people! Bring him back!:D

Debbieangel
24-Jun-2010, 03:51 PM
ditto bassman....bring back brett!

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2010, 03:53 PM
I was thinking about bumping/checking in on this topic earlier this morning. Glad to see this is still on other people's minds, as well.

darth los
24-Jun-2010, 03:59 PM
Of course it is. Brett's my guy. I only wish there was more we could do man.

JDFP
24-Jun-2010, 04:02 PM
Agreed, Los/Aces/Basscunt/Debbie, et. al.

Bring Brett back finally! I miss his drunken ramblings!

My drunken ramblings aren't nearly as funny or interesting... his are fantastic!

j.p.

bassman
24-Jun-2010, 04:11 PM
Hells yeah. Brett is family around here. You can't just kick out a family member over an argument and expect the other members to take it lying down.

Hopefully the leaders will pay attention to the community's thoughts on the subject....

darth los
24-Jun-2010, 04:13 PM
Agreed, Los/Aces/Basscunt/Debbie, et. al.

Bring Brett back finally! I miss his drunken ramblings!

My drunken ramblings aren't nearly as funny or interesting... his are fantastic!

j.p.

They were drunken? :confused: :lol:

JDFP
24-Jun-2010, 04:20 PM
They were drunken? :confused: :lol:

Only the times I actually make sense -- that's how you know I'm drunk, you can read something I say and say to yourself: "Hey, he's being logical. The hell?"

:D:p:cool:

j.p.

Debbieangel
24-Jun-2010, 04:23 PM
Hells yeah. Brett is family around here. You can't just kick out a family member over an argument and expect the other members to take it lying down.

Hopefully the leaders will pay attention to the community's thoughts on the subject....

Well said bass! I hope the leaders will listen to us, I hope it counts what we have to say?

BillyRay
24-Jun-2010, 04:42 PM
I've been keeping my mouth shut about this so far, trusting that Admin has a good reason(s) for the good Capn's bannination.

I'm not particularly close to the Capn on these boards, and I've never met the fellow in the real world. So if'n they say it's Private, I have to respect that. But I liked the guy - he makes me laugh. That counts for a lot with me.

But, after all, it's technically someone else's Parlor that we're kidding around and arguing and criticizing in. There is such a thing as House Rules.

But the Capn's dismissal does seem arbitrary without an explanation. And that makes me a little nervous that any one of the regulars on this board could be "next". especially if there's an "Unwritten Code" that we're breaking.

I'm not demanding an explanation, just noting that there's a degree of erosion of trust that's happening in this case.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jun-2010, 04:54 PM

Well keep this in mind folks, if they let him back we have to open the door to the other asswipes who made this place miserable for some people, plus I believe Andy and Neil made a final ruling on it.

Seriously we just need to move on. It's not like Brett has vanished forever, I am sure you all have his email or befriend him on FB if you are on FB. However, the more complaining is just going to probably get the thread closed.

Danny
24-Jun-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm not demanding an explanation, just noting that there's a degree of erosion of trust that's happening in this case.

Erosion is the key word here. Its probably happened before for good reason, but thats the trouble, it gets people thinking its happened before. its cumulative in terms of trust issues and on a small circle of regulars forum like this where plenty of us are on a first name basis that is the kind of stuff ive seen lead to forums becoming ghost towns many times before. Situations always arise where something may have happened for a reason or not, but the not knowing and higher profile nature of it gives more attention to the fact that it does happen and more big brother paranoia. like i said, it's a slippery slope of behind the back talking and distrust and grouping that should be left at the high school lunch room when picking a table. but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen on forums.

darth los
24-Jun-2010, 05:23 PM
And again it's the process in by which it was done that's worrysome as well.

Was it blatant violations that got him banned or was it totally random?

The former there's no excuse for, the latter well...

Who's to say one day it won't be hells, deej, bassman or me that pisses someone off whose higher in the pecking order one day?

BAM, no more darth and that's just the way it is. :(

No life is not fair. Yes this forum is their deal, not ours. Understood.

But we put alot of time into this thing here as well.

I guess it's just a shock to the system is all. If it can happen to brett then it can certainly happen to me and it's disconcerting if the proccess by which it was done was capricious and arbitrary.

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2010, 05:24 PM
Well keep this in mind folks, if they let him back we have to open the door to the other asswipes who made this place miserable for some people...

Not necessarily. If you mean it opens the door from a policy standpoint, I suppose so. But that presupposes a lot on the part of the higher ups.

Then again, it presupposes alot that the higher ups would take into account our opinions, but it sounded like it was factored into the decision making process, per earlier statements in this thread.

t's a slippery slope of behind the back talking and distrust and grouping that should be left at the high school lunch room when picking a table.

Agreed.

http://tomatotalk.earthfare.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/KidSchoolLunch2.jpg

bassman
24-Jun-2010, 05:33 PM
Well keep this in mind folks, if they let him back we have to open the door to the other asswipes who made this place miserable for some people.

See that's where the difference is, imho. Those other asswipes were just that - asswipes to the community. The community as a whole was affected by their trolling, or whatever nonsense got them banned. In this case, it's a member that was largely respected and cared for by the majority of the community. Rather than most of the community being united for the banning of a member because of his problems, in this case most of the community is against it because of his helpful and friendly contributions.

As mentioned before by several people, of course we don't all know the full story. Whatever happened between Andy and Brett is their business and we have no right to know about it. All of these cries for Capn's return are based on what he's done in the past for ALL of us and how he's played a hand in the grand scheme of things. I mean...Capn's a staple of this place, imo. It's like MZ or Hellsing. These guys have all been here since before me and are very much a part of the HPotD experience. With any of those guys gone...it just wouldn't be the same.

I just hope that the problem can be worked out between the involved parties, as I think it would benefit the community in the long run. Here's hoping for the best!:)

Tricky
24-Jun-2010, 05:52 PM
Its not the banning of capn that really concerns me here, I do personally think he is a good lad and am sad to see him go, but the reasons are down to those involved so i'll keep out of that. Its the crypt that concerns me more, I would rather any problems people had with me were just said straight to me, even if they are insulting, both on forums and out there in the real world :)

Danny
24-Jun-2010, 06:01 PM
Its not the banning of capn that really concerns me here, I do personally think he is a good lad and am sad to see him go, but the reasons are down to those involved so i'll keep out of that. Its the crypt that concerns me more, I would rather any problems people had with me were just said straight to me, even if they are insulting, both on forums and out there in the real world :)

I disagree. The moderators are not kings and queens, they are a group who moderate forum discussion and its members. they need a private area to review complaints and come to a group consensus like "okay we all agree khardis has to go?" that is private to hide any in arguing, derailing or for the sake of the member if the raised punishable action is dismissed. -Or just to talk about forum management. We aren't the management and you don't go into the staff room of a restaurant or a library and listen in on a meeting just because your using the public facilities.

Tricky
24-Jun-2010, 06:22 PM
I disagree. The moderators are not kings and queens, they are a group who moderate forum discussion and its members. they need a private area to review complaints and come to a group consensus like "okay we all agree khardis has to go?" that is private to hide any in arguing, derailing or for the sake of the member if the raised punishable action is dismissed. -Or just to talk about forum management. We aren't the management and you don't go into the staff room of a restaurant or a library and listen in on a meeting just because your using the public facilities.

Thats fair enough, but its messages like this that I received this year from elsewhere that bother me...

dont like the way there is a lot of 2 facing going on behind the scenes.
if u got a facebook page let me know.
and i dont wanna start trouble but watch urself
someone proposed to make u a mod cuz ppl like u are
a responsible guy but someone pretty much back stabbed u.
some people who u think are ur friends may not be.

Now I wouldnt want to be a mod anyway, I have neither the time for it in my everyday life or the desire to be involved in the internal running of the forums, but if what was mentioned in that message is fact then it means somebody in the inner circle on here doesnt like me for whatever reason, and I would rather be aware of any problems I may have caused so I can moderate my behaviour if im being out of order anywhere and apologise to anyone if I have caused upset or offence, even if it is through PM's rather than in open discussion! :dead: Im also pretty thick skinned, so if people want to take the piss out of me it doesnt have to be done in secret, just throw it at me, I've probably heard worse :lol:

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2010, 06:22 PM
"okay we all agree khardis has to go?"

Hear, hear!

Oh, wait...sorry, gut reaction. :D

I agree with you in principle, Hellsing, but that only lasts till the practicalities of ownership and maintenance fees/responsibilities and the like come into play. This is a community, but it's not a community owned site and there's little that can be done when those with the keys to the kingdom make a decision. We can appeal, hope, support, offer practical ideas etc., but little else.

In general the mods and Neil & Andy have always been cool (from my point of view) when it comes to supporting a community atmosphere, so we'll see how things progress. Maybe some good can come from this; lessons learned etc.

In the meantime, I will continue to support the idea of fostering a community and hope Brett somehow gets brought back into the fold, but if there were personal issues that took a hand in things, that may mean that cooldown time is required.

Danny
24-Jun-2010, 06:28 PM
Thats fair enough, but its messages like this that I received this year from elsewhere that bother me...

Now I wouldnt want to be a mod anyway, I have neither the time for it in my everyday life or the desire to be involved in the internal running of the forums, but if what was mentioned in that message is fact then it means somebody in the inner circle on here doesnt like me for whatever reason, and I would rather be aware of any problems I may have caused so I can moderate my behaviour if im being out of order anywhere and apologise to anyone if I have caused upset or offence, even if it is through PM's rather than in open discussion! :dead: Im also pretty thick skinned, so if people want to take the piss out of me it doesnt have to be done in secret, just throw it at me, I've probably heard worse :lol:

Wanna no a secret?

everyone on here hates a few of everyone else. sure we all thing we are great, why would anyone dislike us? but honestly because we are who we are the nature of this diverse world wide culture means there are people who hate every thing we post. and they put up a nice front because lets face it were all opinionated dick heads but few of us are genuine tossers to spend 5 pages just back and force constantly "being the bigger man". But in chats, online games and private areas i am sure some of us rag on others. i dont personally but like ive said before there aint anyone i hate enough to rag about and only 2 or 3 i dislike due to big, racist opinions. but yeah some people are gonna talk and bitch. its the internet. I'm sure people have said im an uppy little prick but i dont care and it shouldn't bother you either. If people didnt like you or want you here we wouldn't respond to your posts ad ignore you.
No ones a saint, people will always bitch to let off steam, people meaning it is another matter entirely.

Trin
24-Jun-2010, 06:30 PM
BAM, no more darth and that's just the way it is.
Not only no more darth in the future... but no record of there ever being a darth. The whole destruction of the history seems like an overreaction. Why diminish his lifetime contribution to the site?

The Crypt doesn't bug me. If people are going to talk about me they don't need a special forum to do it in. And they ARE going to talk. You just gotta have some thick skin about it. However, the admins need to do a better job of keeping it private, or keep the content limited to site business that is non-inflammatory and not particularly interesting.

BillyRay
24-Jun-2010, 06:34 PM
The whole destruction of the history seems like an overreaction. Why diminish his lifetime contribution to the site?

Because we've always been at war with Eastasia?

JDFP
24-Jun-2010, 06:37 PM
Not only no more darth in the future... but no record of there ever being a darth. The whole destruction of the history seems like an overreaction. Why diminish his lifetime contribution to the site?

The Crypt doesn't bug me. If people are going to talk about me they don't need a special forum to do it in. And they ARE going to talk. You just gotta have some thick skin about it. However, the admins need to do a better job of keeping it private, or keep the content limited to site business that is non-inflammatory and not particularly interesting.

The issue with the Crypt (at least initially with me) was the whole principle of "talking behind our backs" that could be transpiring there. However, after thinking about it, other than Brett when he's drunk off his rocker saying things he doesn't really mean, I can't imagine Neil / Andy / Kaos or any others here being unprofessional in speaking about us behind our backs.

We all get into it and bicker at each other from time to time, I've gotten into it a few times with Los / Ned and a few others as well, but it's all been between us members and all these little "arguments" are nothing more than disagreements that we ultimately resolve by either agreeing to disagree or just bowing out of the discussion. I have * NEVER * seen Neil / Andy / Kaos or other mods here act unprofessionally or say uncouth things to any of us no matter how much we may squabble from time to time amongst ourselves.

As far as "talking about us behind our backs" in the Crypt -- I don't think so. From everything I've experienced here I've never seen anything but professionalism from our moderators and don't see this as being something that happens. This isn't kissing ass or sucking up, it's just a fact.

j.p.

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2010, 06:49 PM

I totally agree. I do actually refer--maybe too often, as has been pointed out--back to older posts for clarification. I guess I'm just a sucker for that continuity & referencing/recall ability that message boards provide and there's a lot of people here who know a lot of interesting info, so losing that does suck. More importantly it's pretty insulting to just scrub out like that someone who has been a friend to a lot of us.

And as someone mentioned above (Bassman?), I can't imagine what would happen if both MZ and Hellsing were ever banned and their posts deleted. Aside from the server letting loose a shuddering sigh of relief from the massive freeing up of so much virtual space and memory, it'd be like: A) losing good friends and B) losing massive amounts of information and good conversations.

Debbieangel
24-Jun-2010, 07:36 PM
The issue with the Crypt (at least initially with me) was the whole principle of "talking behind our backs" that could be transpiring there. However, after thinking about it, other than Brett when he's drunk off his rocker saying things he doesn't really mean, I can't imagine Neil / Andy / Kaos or any others here being unprofessional in speaking about us behind our backs.

We all get into it and bicker at each other from time to time, I've gotten into it a few times with Los / Ned and a few others as well, but it's all been between us members and all these little "arguments" are nothing more than disagreements that we ultimately resolve by either agreeing to disagree or just bowing out of the discussion. I have * NEVER * seen Neil / Andy / Kaos or other mods here act unprofessionally or say uncouth things to any of us no matter how much we may squabble from time to time amongst ourselves.

As far as "talking about us behind our backs" in the Crypt -- I don't think so. From everything I've experienced here I've never seen anything but professionalism from our moderators and don't see this as being something that happens. This isn't kissing ass or sucking up, it's just a fact.

j.p.

bassc*t would disagree with you JD

darth los
24-Jun-2010, 07:54 PM
bassc*t would disagree with you JD

Holy shite, when debbie is onto it you know it's big !! :lol:

Trin
24-Jun-2010, 07:55 PM
I can't imagine what would happen if both MZ and Hellsing were ever banned and their posts deleted.
We'd lose all the Land-lubber defendments plus a dictionary addendum of great new words!! Perzactly!! :lol::p

fartpants
24-Jun-2010, 08:45 PM
and we would have to go to all the trouble of finding our own meme's :lol::lol:

Danny
24-Jun-2010, 08:50 PM
and we would have to go to all the trouble of finding our own meme's :lol::lol:

even worse, you would just forget how 2 internet.

Chic Freak
25-Jun-2010, 11:42 AM
Is he on FB?

SymphonicX
25-Jun-2010, 04:34 PM
because we've always been at war with eastasia?

win!!!

fartpants
28-Jun-2010, 01:42 PM
just a thought to the mods...we know cap aint coming back but maybe you could consider re-instating all caps posts as a show of good faith and im sure this would go a long way to making people on here feel a bit better about the situation

i know its your forums and i dont mean to tell you how to run it

bassman
28-Jun-2010, 01:50 PM
just a thought to the mod

Fixed. Just one.

fartpants
28-Jun-2010, 02:09 PM
Fixed. Just one.

yep...my bad

Debbieangel
28-Jun-2010, 03:32 PM
nope u aren't bad..just being honest.
The thing that bothers me is when a person is wrong they are wrong, atleast I can admit when I am wrong. Then I try to correct what I did wrong.
I am just saying its always been fair around here, til now.
The answer we all want is why delete an entire account, to do that, nothing can justify that sort of action.
He didn't have infractions against him!
I am seriously not gonna let this go and I am sure others won't either, it is TOTALLY wrong.

JDFP
28-Jun-2010, 04:16 PM
nope u aren't bad..just being honest.
The thing that bothers me is when a person is wrong they are wrong, atleast I can admit when I am wrong. Then I try to correct what I did wrong.
I am just saying its always been fair around here, til now.
The answer we all want is why delete an entire account, to do that, nothing can justify that sort of action.
He didn't have infractions against him!
I am seriously not gonna let this go and I am sure others won't either, it is TOTALLY wrong.

Maybe Brett requested to have all his previous posts deleted? Has anyone actually spoken with him to ask? I would assume that if all of someone's previous posts have been deleted after a ban then it was something the individual requested to be done. Unlike say Khardis who we are still all overjoyed to have his posts on the board to go back and read for entertainment purposes.

j.p.

Danny
28-Jun-2010, 04:20 PM
Maybe Brett requested to have all his previous posts deleted? Has anyone actually spoken with him to ask? I would assume that if all of someone's previous posts have been deleted after a ban then it was something the individual requested to be done. Unlike say Khardis who we are still all overjoyed to have his posts on the board to go back and read for entertainment purposes.

j.p.

They are good.

I remember one who hated me because ,back when the ps3 launched i didnt think it had enough decent games, god forbid that they would be coming out later. the guy was grade a crazy.

darth los
28-Jun-2010, 04:24 PM
This thread is still on huh?

Keep hope alive people !

Debbieangel
28-Jun-2010, 04:50 PM

j.p.

"you are really not in the loop are you?":rolleyes:
a number of us are in daily contact with Brett. trust me he did not order the decimation of his account. If he did, then we would've been informed like last time, which incidentally is the only time in his 5 year membership that he did.

darth los
28-Jun-2010, 04:55 PM
a number of us are in daily contact with Brett. trust me he did not order the decimation of his account. If he did, then we would've been informed like last time, which incidentally is the only time in his 5 year membership that he did.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/images/smilies/ohsnap.jpg

Danny
28-Jun-2010, 05:04 PM
A number of us are in daily contact with brett. Trust me he did not order the decimation of his account. If he did, then we would've been informed like last time, which incidentally is the only time in his 5 year membership that he did.

[x] told
[ ] not told.

bassman
28-Jun-2010, 05:05 PM
Anybody around here good with making signature images? We need an official support Capn signature that we could all sport.:cool:

One guy's personal decision against the entire community? LAME.

JDFP
28-Jun-2010, 06:02 PM

No, I guess I'm not. To which a good response to my question would have been "No, he didn't request to delete his posts" instead of making a smart ass remark to my sincere question and putting an eye rolling smile. I wasn't attempting to be facetious in asking my question as I really appreciated having Brett here as the rest of you did.

I was just asking, Debbie, that's all.

j.p.

Debbieangel
28-Jun-2010, 06:35 PM
No, I guess I'm not. To which a good response to my question would have been "No, he didn't request to delete his posts" instead of making a smart ass remark to my sincere question and putting an eye rolling smile. I wasn't attempting to be facetious in asking my question as I really appreciated having Brett here as the rest of you did.

I was just asking, Debbie, that's all.

j.p.

Sorry, I apologize! But, I wasn't to be a smartass!
Don't take that emitcon so seriously, anyway sorry I offended you.

JDFP
28-Jun-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry, JD that was out of line of me! I truly apologize!

It's all good, Debs, you're cool. I just get a little worked-up sometimes. I'm with the rest of the folks here arguing that we should have a custom signature for "BRING BRETT BACK!" -- I'd add it too.

j.p.

fartpants
28-Jun-2010, 07:21 PM
wat about Thorn, he made Debs picture he should be able to make something
i for one would be honoured to have a BRING BACK BRETT logo on my posts

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jun-2010, 07:23 PM
Seriously guys... I really don't think all this is going to help. I believe Andy and Neil made their decision, and just pressing the matter is not going to help one bit.

One of you already re-signed your moderator post and that didn't help get anyone anywhere, nor has it brought Brett back.

I dig Capn too, but lets be realistic here, a decision was made and unless there is a serious change of heart on the administrating parties I doubt that decision will change, plus if I was Brett... I don't think I would want to come back knowing my total existence was wiped off the entire board history.

Digging this up more and more may just lead to the thread being locked. None of us know 100% what happened and since this is a private matter between the three parties it really isn't any of our business. Honestly, it is probably best to give it a rest and let things simmer down for a while... keep this in mind... Adreno was invited back after a long banishment... maybe the same courtesy will be bestowed upon Brett.

Trin
28-Jun-2010, 07:42 PM
As someone who is not in the loop, and barely knew Capn, my entire opinion has been formed based on what is posted here in this thread. From Andy's disclosure of the events surrounding the ban and the history of abuses I have to wonder why anyone is questioning it? Sounds pretty cut and dried to me. There is obviously another side to the story which the average forum-goer doesn't see, and from the gist of it, that other side casts some doubt.

I suppose I wish I were either in the loop, or oblivious to the discussion. Getting half of the story blows.

darth los
28-Jun-2010, 07:43 PM
keep this in mind... Adreno was invited back after a long banishment... maybe the same courtesy will be bestowed upon Brett.

True. There was a no way, no how attitude about his ban as well and look waht happened.

There is a counter argument that so much nagging about it could have the opposite intended effect and make andy and neil hunker down even more on their positions just to prove a point about who's boss around here.

Just some food for thought.

bassman
28-Jun-2010, 08:20 PM
What makes everyone so sure that all or even more than one of the mods are behind this? There's usually one playground bully, and if he controls the monkey bars he can kick you off. Regardless of what the other kids say.That's all I'm sayin....

Danny
28-Jun-2010, 09:10 PM
Check please.

fartpants
29-Jun-2010, 05:59 PM
What makes everyone so sure that all or even more than one of the mods are behind this? There's usually one playground bully, and if he controls the monkey bars he can kick you off. Regardless of what the other kids say.That's all I'm sayin....

gotta agree Bass...the more i hear about this situation the more it sounds like a certain person is just digging there heels in and i quote " its my forum "

BRING BACK BRETT

darth los
29-Jun-2010, 06:14 PM
gotta agree Bass...the more i hear about this situation the more it sounds like a certain person is just digging there heels in and i quote " its my forum "

BRING BACK BRETT

This remonds me of the trump card my mom used to pull everytime she was losing an argument with me.

"It's my house and I say what goes around here and if you don't like it well..."

fartpants
29-Jun-2010, 06:18 PM
This remonds me of the trump card my mom used to pull everytime she was losing an argument with me.

"It's my house and I say what goes around here and if you don't like it well..."

EXACTLY DARTH.... and there aint a hell of a lot we can do about it
( just like with mom )

JDFP
29-Jun-2010, 06:21 PM
EXACTLY DARTH.... and there aint a hell of a lot we can do about it
( just like with mom )

Sure we can, we can continue to whine about it as we have successfully done for 12 full pages now. I agree though, it's become a bit much (this thread) -- if it happens in the future it happens, but it really rests on Brett's shoulders from the way I understand it.

j.p.

fartpants
29-Jun-2010, 07:54 PM
well maybe if we whine for another 12 pages the message might get through

BRING BACK BRETT

darth los
29-Jun-2010, 08:02 PM
To be fair/honest, nobody likes a whiner.

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

fartpants
29-Jun-2010, 08:05 PM
To be fair/honest, nobody likes a whiner.

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

i agree but i dont see any other course of action :D:D

BillyRay
29-Jun-2010, 08:13 PM
i agree but i dont see any other course of action :D:D

How about Mindless Violence?

hfjGRBFd7mQ

fartpants
29-Jun-2010, 08:32 PM
great idea.....lets go all Vyvyan on his ass

Debbieangel
29-Jun-2010, 09:20 PM
Can I have some cheese with my whine?

BRING BACK BRETT!!!!

darth los
30-Jun-2010, 02:06 AM
http://www.kstvfm.com/MPj03864160000%5B1%5D.jpg

:D

BillyRay
30-Jun-2010, 02:20 PM
Can I have some cheese with my whine?

BRING BACK BRETT!!!!

http://unsportsmanlikecomment.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/brett-favre-mouth-open1.jpg

Yeah! Bring Brett back!

For Cheese!

Uh...Hold on...I'm mixed-up, now....

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jun-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh, what is this, thread moved so no one gets a higher post count?

Ooooooo, see people, this is what happens when you upset the balance in the magic kingdom. :lol::shifty:

AcesandEights
30-Jun-2010, 02:27 PM
Oh, what is this, thread moved so no one gets a higher post count?

Ooooooo, see people, this is what happens when you upset the balance in the magic kingdom. :lol::shifty:

Oh nooooooos, my posts! :lol:

Nah, it's probably best that it go to the lounge, anyway.

Mike70
30-Jun-2010, 02:49 PM
and now for a devil's advocate:

whatever my personal feelings about brett are, this ban must stand.

1. the mods would very soon find themselves with zero credibility if bans can be overturned because the offender is "popular" with other members.

2. the policies and rules of the board must be enforced without regard to the popularity (or lack thereof) of a particular board member.

3. people don't get to set conditions for their return to the board. that is utter and complete bullshit. you either want to participate or you don't. period.

let the ban stand. drama is for soap operas.

Tricky
30-Jun-2010, 03:04 PM
and now for a devil's advocate:

whatever my personal feelings about brett are, this ban must stand.

1. the mods would very soon find themselves with zero credibility if bans can be overturned because the offender is "popular" with other members.

2. the policies and rules of the board must be enforced without regard to the popularity (or lack thereof) of a particular board member.

3. people don't get to set conditions for their return to the board. that is utter and complete bullshit. you either want to participate or you don't. period.

let the ban stand. drama is for soap operas.

I actually agree Mike, as said earlier I like Brett and think he's a sound bloke, but the ban should stay for the reasons you stated.
Besides, does the capn actually want to come back? or would he rather stay away due to this fallout? If I was in a similar situation & I have been with another forum in the past, I'd just let it go & get on with my life

AcesandEights
30-Jun-2010, 03:21 PM
While I agree the whole list of conditions thing is overboard, from what little I can tell the ban was not in keeping with number 2 on your list, Mike. The ban seems like an extraordinary occurrence, as most banned members don't have their posts completely removed, and I tend to believe Brett when he says no official warnings were given in their usual manner.

I agree there is very little that can be done, but people being annoyed by what is perceived as lopsided implementation of policy is a pretty natural repercussion. Long term members should at least be treated as fairly as short-term troublemakers when there's a problem and not shuffled off arbitrarily because of bad blood if policy & rules are to mean anything.

Again, not that big of a deal, just explaining how I view the situation. It seems like Brett could be back if he wanted to be, so it is what it is. Anyway, who the fuck knows the full story anyway? Brett and Andy and they don't seem likely to agree on how/what/why things happened the way they have, so we're at an impasse, as we have been since the thing started.

Andy
30-Jun-2010, 03:37 PM
Mike70 has hit the nail directly on the head with his post and yes this topic has been moved to the lounge, you guys by all means can whine, moan, post pictures of cheese and have your say, each post will be read and taken on board and you can add another 12 pages, another 12,000 pages if you like.. nobody will stop you, but you aint all using it to build your postcounts :p

fartpants
30-Jun-2010, 05:05 PM
unbelievable........you think this is about postcounts :rant:

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jun-2010, 06:21 PM
unbelievable........you think this is about postcounts :rant:

I think that was a joke. At least i took it as one, especially after I threw the match in the puddle of gasoline by saying it was about post counts.

JDFP
30-Jun-2010, 06:26 PM
Mike70 has hit the nail directly on the head with his post and yes this topic has been moved to the lounge, you guys by all means can whine, moan, post pictures of cheese and have your say, each post will be read and taken on board and you can add another 12 pages, another 12,000 pages if you like.. nobody will stop you, but you aint all using it to build your postcounts :p

Well, shit, Andy, I'm only 4500 posts away from being a "Zombie Flesh Eater". This is just unacceptable. Now I have to make more posts in less whining threads to help me get to my goal there. I figure at the rate I'm going it should only take a good 7 years or so.

j.p.

Andy
30-Jun-2010, 07:30 PM
No I thought it was a serious and deep philosphoical argument, especially when I saw the picture of cheese and the young ones YouTube clip. ;)

BillyRay
30-Jun-2010, 07:47 PM
No I thought it was a serious and deep philosphoical argument, especially when I saw the picture of cheese and the young ones YouTube clip. ;)

Ahhh...so it's philisophical arguments you want.

Here you go, then:

_f_p0CgPeyA

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jun-2010, 08:03 PM
ahhh...so it's philisophical arguments you want.

Here you go, then:

_f_p0cgpeya

lmgdaowrotfl

AcesandEights
30-Jun-2010, 08:28 PM
No I thought it was a serious and deep philosophical argument, especially when I saw the picture of cheese...

Come on, Andy. A nice brie at room temperature?

That is about as deep as it gets!

darth los
30-Jun-2010, 08:38 PM

Tell me about it. This is certainly one Bree I'd like to get deep into. :elol:

http://talkingmakeup.com/pics/news5/bree1.jpg

Danny
30-Jun-2010, 08:40 PM

in the words of William Shakespear FUCK THAT SHIT CRACKA, FIERY DRAGON IS GOD TIER CHEESE.

AcesandEights
30-Jun-2010, 08:40 PM
Tell me about it. This is certainly one Bree I'd like to get deep into. :elol:

http://talkingmakeup.com/pics/news5/bree1.jpg

Wow, I've seen her before. What's her last name, Darth?

BillyRay
30-Jun-2010, 09:08 PM
She looks like Winona Ryder crossed with my hot downstairs neighbor...

Trin
01-Jul-2010, 02:04 PM
It is about post counts. Not wanting yours to go to zero when you piss off the wrong person.

fartpants
01-Jul-2010, 04:02 PM
It is about post counts. Not wanting yours to go to zero when you piss off the wrong person.

EXACTLY ..... all these videos and cheese pics are amusing but lets not forget the serious situation behind this frivolity

BRING BACK BRETT

Debbieangel
01-Jul-2010, 04:14 PM
EXACTLY ..... all these videos and cheese pics are amusing but lets not forget the serious situation behind this frivolity

BRING BACK BRETT

I couldn't have said it any better!
BRING BRETT BACK!!!!!!!!!!

JDFP
01-Jul-2010, 04:19 PM
BRING KHARDIS BACK!!!

err... I mean... Brett... yeah...

j.p.

darth los
01-Jul-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow, I've seen her before. What's her last name, Darth?

Turner.

Yeah, she's smoking hot.

http://talkingmakeup.com/celebrity-beauty-style/interviews/bree-turner-interviews-with-marta-walsh-2/

DjfunkmasterG
01-Jul-2010, 06:27 PM
Still talking about Dallow eh?

http://forums.jetcareers.com/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif

fartpants
01-Jul-2010, 07:11 PM
Still talking about Dallow eh?

http://forums.jetcareers.com/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif

gone but not forgotten deej....

Debbieangel
02-Jul-2010, 01:08 AM

Not worried about postcounts Andy, we are thinking of how Brett was deleted and banned. Why be so harsh? We all still respect your authority. I am also wondering why his IP address was blocked, he can't even get on hpotd now.
I am asking out of respect, hoping that you will give this further thought on your part? I know when it comes down to it, you will do what is best.
In fairness you know what is the right thing to do. I am asking this respectfully.
Thanks

Andy
02-Jul-2010, 09:20 AM
I know its not about postcounts and im not being harsh, im humouring you guys becuase ive lost interest in this crusade of yours if you must know, if i wanted to be harsh id close this topic but that would give you more to complain about wouldnt it?

As for brett, ive offered the olive branch and am fully prepared to speak to him, but at the moment there are too many people involved and stirring and spreading lies and rumours about 'what somebody told them that they heard somebody else mention that somebody else was told andy said this...'

To be honest the whole situation is ridicolous and nobody else needs be involved but me and brett. If left to it. we could of resolved this and he would of probably been back by now. so yes, im humouring you guys. its beyond pathetic.

DjfunkmasterG
02-Jul-2010, 01:46 PM
I know its not about postcounts and im not being harsh, im humouring you guys becuase ive lost interest in this crusade of yours if you must know, if i wanted to be harsh id close this topic but that would give you more to complain about wouldnt it?

As for brett, ive offered the olive branch and am fully prepared to speak to him, but at the moment there are too many people involved and stirring and spreading lies and rumours about 'what somebody told them that they heard somebody else mention that somebody else was told andy said this...'

To be honest the whole situation is ridicolous and nobody else needs be involved but me and brett. If left to it. we could of resolved this and he would of probably been back by now. so yes, im humouring you guys. its beyond pathetic.

Damn, that is cold.

And I know cold cause I am a heartless prick

fartpants
02-Jul-2010, 05:24 PM
Damn, that is cold.

And I know cold cause I am a heartless prick

and we love ya for it deej...cos you got the balls to admit it

fartpants
03-Jul-2010, 02:13 PM
UPDATE...just spoke to brett and he has asked to come back with no mod or vip status, just as a regular member and his offer was refused...POINT BLANK
so much for being willing to sort out the situation :annoyed:

Debbieangel
03-Jul-2010, 04:37 PM

I wasn't trying to be ridiculous, I was trying to ask questions and get the answers. Because it is really important to us to know the why he was blocked,deleted? What rules could any one of us break that would require the entire account being removed?

fartpants
03-Jul-2010, 06:27 PM
sadly its looking more and more like this is just one big power trip....:(

Mr_Shadow
04-Jul-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't really post much, but i've been here awhile. Been a lurker for years before I eventually registered. But I have to post this.....

BRING BACK BRETT!!!

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jul-2010, 09:00 PM
and we love ya for it deej...cos you got the balls to admit it

I don't understand why more people don't just admit what assholes they are or can be... really this whole PC culture makes me sick. tell people how you really feel don't sugar coat it. If they do something stupid I mean without thinking something out stupid, they should be called out on it.

I have had people sneer me on the forums but they of course don't read my entire post or look at the context in which I post so therefore they get snippy.

As for me and my attitude... I know people here can't stand me and you know what i say... who the fuck cares? I probably don't like you either.

krakenslayer
04-Jul-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't understand why more people don't just admit what assholes they are or can be... really this whole PC culture makes me sick. tell people how you really feel don't sugar coat it. If they do something stupid I mean without thinking something out stupid, they should be called out on it.

I have had people sneer me on the forums but they of course don't read my entire post or look at the context in which I post so therefore they get snippy.

As for me and my attitude... I know people here can't stand me and you know what i say... who the fuck cares? I probably don't like you either.

In principle I agree, but in practice most people don't respond to direct belligerent criticism. In life I have found that the best way to make people realise their stupidity or dickishness is to deal with them more gently.

You call someone a motherfucking shitebag and they're likely to just shut off and throw you into the "asshole file" of people whose opinions don't matter. So you actually achieve nothing other than creating an unpleasant environment for yourself. If you subtly question their logic instead, you have a much better chance of getting in past their defenses and actually effecting a change in their behaviour.

Just my experience.

EDIT: Just in case you're wondering, I'm not intentionally using the above technique on you now, DJ :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jul-2010, 09:14 PM
In principle I agree, but in practice most people don't respond to direct belligerent criticism. In life I have found that the best way to make people realise their stupidity or dickishness is to deal with them more gently.

You call someone a motherfucking shitebag and they're likely to just shut off and throw you into the "asshole file" of people whose opinions don't matter. So you actually achieve nothing other than creating an unpleasant environment for yourself. If you subtly question their logic instead, you have a much better chance of getting in past their defenses and actually effecting a change in their behaviour.

Just my experience.

EDIT: Just in case you're wondering, I'm not intentionally using the above technique on you now, DJ :lol:

LOL, even if you were it doesn't work on me. I am immune

fartpants
06-Jul-2010, 05:17 PM
LOL, even if you were it doesn't work on me. I am immune

wow and you dont even need a tinfoil hat

BRING BACK BRETT

SymphonicX
06-Jul-2010, 05:35 PM

Just my experience.

that^^

Debbieangel
06-Jul-2010, 09:53 PM

Just my experience.

I agree with you like the old saying " you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar". That is why I am not attacking anyone, I am asking q's. Really who needs to get nasty anyway? We are adults not children.
I hope as adults we can talk like adults and in some way help get this all resolved. I am not saying anyone is not acting like an adult. I don't want to come off sounding that way. Cause really you are all my friends and friends can disagree aimably(sp) or otherwords, agree to disagree.
as kids say...'peace out'!;)

BillyRay
06-Jul-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree with you like the old saying " you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar".

You can catch more flies with Bullshit than you can with Honey...

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 10:42 PM
Are we talking about Brett, Bullshit, Honey, or Flies? I am so confused :D

fartpants
07-Jul-2010, 05:10 PM

everything comes back to Brett deej...........gone but not forgotten

Debbieangel
07-Jul-2010, 05:39 PM

everything comes back to Brett deej...........gone but not forgotten

Yes, soo true that is what this thread is all about. I was in my post agreeing with kraken. Yes, ....gone but not forgotten.

PLEASE BRING BRETT BACK!!!

fartpants
07-Jul-2010, 05:54 PM
Yes, soo true that is what this thread is all about. I was in my post agreeing with kraken. Yes, ....gone but not forgotten.

PLEASE BRING BRETT BACK!!!

HEAR HEAR....the hpotd aint the same without the Capn

LouCipherr
07-Jul-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't understand why more people don't just admit what assholes they are or can be... really this whole PC culture makes me sick. tell people how you really feel don't sugar coat it.

You're right, and since that's the case... EAT ME DJ, YOU PRICK!

:lol:

Ok, so, I'm an admitted asshole (see below) and I didn't surgar coat it. Does that pass the Un-P.C. Dj test? :lol: :lol:

darth los
07-Jul-2010, 07:07 PM
Holy shit!

I just found lou and deej's theme song.

Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6-vsHgHJg

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jul-2010, 07:16 PM
You're right, and since that's the case... EAT ME DJ, YOU PRICK!

You're slim pickin's boy...

Now go fuck yourself douchebag :D

LouCipherr
07-Jul-2010, 07:17 PM
Holy shit!

YES! I love that song - and live it to the fullest. :D

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jul-2010, 07:17 PM
Holy shit!

Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6-vsHgHJg

Shit that has been my theme song since 1993 :D

LouCipherr
07-Jul-2010, 07:20 PM
You're slim pickin's boy...

Now go fuck yourself douchebag :D

Are you an asshole who approved of the above message? :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jul-2010, 07:20 PM

Are you an asshole who approved of the above message? :lol:

YOU GODDAMN RIGHT :lol:

darth los
07-Jul-2010, 07:25 PM
Shit that has been my theme song since 1993 :D

Sweet!

I also am a card carrying member of the asshole club.

I also can't stand all the p.c. crap that goes on nowdays if I have something to say I'll say it even if it's to my wife's family which you know is something big. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jul-2010, 07:29 PM
Sweet!

I also am a card carrying member of the asshole club.

I also can't stand all the p.c. crap that goes on nowdays if I have something to say I'll say it even if it's to my wife's family which you know is something big. :lol:

I like my inlaws better than I did my ex-wife. in fact i still talk to them. :lol:

krakenslayer
07-Jul-2010, 07:50 PM
Just an addendum to the last message I posted (about being tactless versus being tactful), to avoid anyone getting the wrong idea (since the whole topic of this thread is an explosive one and I don't want to light any fuses that aren't already lit), that post was strictly off-topic and does not apply to any of the parties involved in this dispute... well, not the two peeps actually at the centre of the issue, anyway.

I have my own thoughts on what happened, but I won't air them here in this thread, which is going in circles anyway. Both Andy and Brett are good friends of mine, and this dispute has not, and will not, affect that. Both parties have an understanding of my feelings about the situation, and there's really nothing I can do or add to the discussion here, without pissing anyone off (while achieving nothing). I'm gonna leave it at that. This will be my last post in this thread.

Cheers. :)

Trin
07-Jul-2010, 08:14 PM
@Kraken - so what you're saying is that you're not saying anything?

darth los
07-Jul-2010, 08:20 PM
@Kraken - so what you're saying is that you're not saying anything?

And in only 100 words ! :lol:

bassman
07-Jul-2010, 08:21 PM
He pleads da fif.

one, two, three, fo, fiiiiif!

Mike70
09-Jul-2010, 03:06 PM
i thought it was called taking the fizzle nowadays.

rongravy
10-Jul-2010, 12:18 AM
i thought it was called taking the fizzle nowadays.

I likez a lil fizzle in mah sizzurp personalizzlydizzlechizzlefrizzle.
Werd to ya mutha.

Wow, this thread still lives?

Debbieangel
10-Jul-2010, 02:08 AM
I likez a lil fizzle in mah sizzurp personalizzlydizzlechizzlefrizzle.
Werd to ya mutha.

Wow, this thread still lives?

Yup, still alive and kicking to bring back Brett. Hopefully soon!!!!

fartpants
10-Jul-2010, 10:42 AM
yup, still alive and kicking to bring back brett. Hopefully soon!!!!

bring back brett

zombiegirl
10-Jul-2010, 11:38 PM
I may not be a top poster around here but I have been a member of this board from quite some time and have cared about the people and friendships that circulate here. I understand that Brett may have overstepped his bounds but to completely delete everything he has ever contributed to this board over several years time gone!? Everything he has ever done here as your moderator or every time he has been there as your friend done for?! Just for that you should be ashamed of yourself. What the hell has happened to this place? Are we really going to draw the line at petty indifferences and play childish games? You can delete this post, warn me or ban me, because I don't really care. I'm not sure this is a place I want to be a member of anymore. Basscunt? If we can't respect each other as people with differences of opinion and not playchildish games when the other persons back is turned then what the hell is a discussion board for anyway. This is supposed to be a place to voice differences of opinion whether they are popular or not. I'm with debbieangel BRING BRETT BACK ALONG WITH HIS POSTS. :mad:

Danny
11-Jul-2010, 04:49 AM
I just been browsing some threads and some of them don't make sense since the great purge. For example brett spoke in a thread about poutine. Now someone will read the thread and wonder why me and mo' are randomly telling "MEMBER DOES NOT EXIST" to 'kill it with fire'.

Banning us is up to Neil, it's his site at the end of the day, but deleting all the posts is a personal gripe and not the right thing to do. Even the likes of khardis still have all there trolling, vicious posts remaining. archived and intact.
Whatever went on behind the scenes for you to ban him was not present in any of his posts and has served only to make many of the threads at best disjointed, and at most likely, confusing for new visitors and regular members alike.
I'm not going to add to the sentiments to bring him back again. You guy's make the choices and if we don't like it nothings keeping us here, but i would recommend restoring the posts. if not for saving face and undoing what looks like a severely petty action, but to keep many threads intact and coherent.

Not to mention the dozens of threads he made that we were all posting in that are now gone and with it all the posts contained within them.

As i said, your free to ban any of us at any time, life will go on for all of us. But in banning any of the posters AND deleting there content you can take any regular like me, dj, mz, bassman, or just about any of us and only serve to lose a substantial amount of threads and content from this forum.

At the end of the day you banned brett to stop him coming to the site. He is banned. he will not post anything to break whatever rules you enforce. So why DID you delete any and all record of him on the site? there were no rules broken by the years of posts you erased yet i can just type khardis in search and find pages of foul content that got him his deserved ban.

fartpants
11-Jul-2010, 12:58 PM
i tinink Hellsing is saying what we are all thinking.........WHY :confused:

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2010, 01:16 PM
I've kept myself removed from this entire situation, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I've been told that the wiped posts apply to "CapnDallow" ... so the "CapnCnut" posts still remain.

When his name was changed, the post count on "Dallow" was augmented, so the wipe affected the posts after the name change.

For example:
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=15570&highlight=capncnut

Rather than get myself involved in this issue (my personal opinions on the whole thing will remain my own and I'll stay out of it), I just wanted to pop in briefly to impart that one piece of information.

fartpants
11-Jul-2010, 01:47 PM
well thats confused me even more, why some but not the others.....
the more this situation continues the less sense it makes....

BRING BACK BRETT

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2010, 08:07 PM
well thats confused me even more, why some but not the others.....
the more this situation continues the less sense it makes....

BRING BACK BRETT
It's because they're technically two different accounts.

The Dallow account had the post count augmented from 0 to 12000 or whatever it was (to represent the Cnut account), as a starting point, and so it was the posts after this point that got wiped.

I don't understand why it worked out this way, I was confused by it all too, so I asked and I'm just passing on the info I got.

Debbieangel
11-Jul-2010, 10:13 PM
It still doesn't negate his posts were deleted and still no answers why?
Why ok for some to be left and the rest be gone? I am just saying.

MinionZombie
12-Jul-2010, 09:52 AM
It still doesn't negate his posts were deleted and still no answers why?
Why ok for some to be left and the rest be gone? I am just saying.
I didn't come in to the thread to get into the issue, I was just popping in to put forward a piece of information connected to it.

Not to excuse it, not to explain it, but just to say that some posts remain because of the two name/two account thing - the mechanical explanation connected to the forum's setup and coding etc ... this is not, and was never intended to be, a theoretical or ethical explanation or excusing at all.

As I've said - my personal opinions regarding this whole thing will remain my own and I'm keeping myself out of it, especially as I was never involved in it in the first place.

Debbieangel
12-Jul-2010, 11:15 PM
I didn't come in to the thread to get into the issue, I was just popping in to put forward a piece of information connected to it.

Not to excuse it, not to explain it, but just to say that some posts remain because of the two name/two account thing - the mechanical explanation connected to the forum's setup and coding etc ... this is not, and was never intended to be, a theoretical or ethical explanation or excusing at all.

As I've said - my personal opinions regarding this whole thing will remain my own and I'm keeping myself out of it, especially as I was never involved in it in the first place.

I apologize if it seems like I am dragging you into it MZ..not in my intentions at all. I was just saying that the other ones (Capn Dallow's) were deleted. I really am sorry if I made sound like you are dragged into it!

fartpants
14-Jul-2010, 07:43 PM
17 pages and still going....bet thats suprised a few people

BRING BACK BRETT

Debbieangel
14-Jul-2010, 08:42 PM
17 pages and still going....bet thats suprised a few people

BRING BACK BRETT

fp i only see 13 pages? But still glad thread still going to BRING BACK BRETT

zombiegirl
14-Jul-2010, 10:06 PM
Has anyone ever seen this many posts to bring back a banned board member? Obviously he is well liked and we all know this board will never be the same without him. I still say BRING BRETT AND HIS POSTS BACK!

Debbieangel
15-Jul-2010, 12:24 AM
Has anyone ever seen this many posts to bring back a banned board member? Obviously he is well liked and we all know this board will never be the same without him. I still say BRING BRETT AND HIS POSTS BACK!

not just well liked zg..he was an asset when he was a mod!

BRING BRETT BACK!!