PDA

View Full Version : YES! big butter jesus burns...

Mike70
15-Jun-2010, 01:09 PM
in irony that is so delicious, the tacky ass, giant statue of jesus in monroe has been struck by lightning and burned to its frame.

yes, you read that right - struck by lightning.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

unfortunately, this eyesore will probably be rebuilt.

a before shot:
http://eviljwinter.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/heshuge.jpg

http://www.wlwt.com/news/23900484/detail.html

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jun-2010, 01:22 PM
You think the man upsatirs was pissed off by that unflattering portrayal of his son?

Seriously a 62ft statue? WTF.

bassman
15-Jun-2010, 01:35 PM
The after pictures are hilarious. Looks like a robot reaching up now.:lol:

AcesandEights
15-Jun-2010, 02:15 PM
I can't believe the foolish actions of a few men brought into existence the necessity to string the words 'Big', 'Butter' and 'Jesus' together.

Now, dashboard Jesus is cool in my book. He has an understated, middle-American kitsch factor going for him, and I like that.

LouCipherr
15-Jun-2010, 02:20 PM
There is only one Jesus......

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics1/buddy_christ.jpg

:D

acealive1
15-Jun-2010, 08:46 PM
this sucks, i wanted to go see this

BillyRay
15-Jun-2010, 08:48 PM
this sucks, i wanted to go see this

Just wait 3 days, it should be good as new by then.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Pqpmm2T6j4g/ScnJTZmjgaI/AAAAAAAAHeo/lJLLQtM-Ido/s400/JesusDinosaur.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jun-2010, 11:34 PM
Just wait 3 days, it should be good as new by then.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Pqpmm2T6j4g/ScnJTZmjgaI/AAAAAAAAHeo/lJLLQtM-Ido/s400/JesusDinosaur.jpg

LMAO... Billy Ray for the win. :D

JDFP
15-Jun-2010, 11:53 PM
Tacky and trashy. There's tasteful admiration/veneration and then kitschy trash like this.

I hate crap like this. It ranks up there with people that attempt to 'cash-in' on holy sites like Fatima, Lourdes, etc. "A special vile of holy water blessed in the water of Lourdes with healing properties! For only $9.99!". There's a special place in Hell for people who cheapen sacred places for their own profit and gain relying on the suffering of people. Christ threw the money-changers out of the Temple for a reason.

j.p.

Danny
16-Jun-2010, 12:02 AM
I AM CONFUS.

was the jesus made of butter? :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jun-2010, 12:27 AM
Tacky and trashy. There's tasteful admiration/veneration and then kitschy trash like this.

I hate crap like this. It ranks up there with people that attempt to 'cash-in' on holy sites like Fatima, Lourdes, etc. "A special vile of holy water blessed in the water of Lourdes with healing properties! For only $9.99!". There's a special place in Hell for people who cheapen sacred places for their own profit and gain relying on the suffering of people. Christ threw the money-changers out of the Temple for a reason.

j.p.

yeah, they weren't sharing the wealth. i would have kicked their ass to the curb too.

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Just kidding of course

or was i? :p

LouCipherr
18-Jun-2010, 01:39 PM
Y'know, I've been thinking about this, and I figured out why God was so pisssed off he burned this bastard to the ground.

He doesn't like copyright infringement either. :lol:

blind2d
18-Jun-2010, 10:37 PM
:lol:
Yeah... JDFP, I'm with ya all the way on that.

strayrider
20-Jun-2010, 05:29 PM
I AM CONFUS.

was the jesus made of butter? :lol:

No, styrofoam and fiberglass. That is why it burned.

I live about 20 miles north of this thing, had I known it was burning when it was burning, I would've trucked down there and got some video footage ... then added anguished screams to the soundtrack.

(and yes, they are going to rebuild ... someone told me that there is currently a sign reading: HE'LL BE BACK at the site.

:D

-stray-

ps-- they ought to just fulfill Oral Roberts' "vision" and build a 900 foot Jesus with an elevator ride to his halo and a bungee jumping platform on one of his hands. Maybe put rotating spotlights in his eye sockets.

I'd be able to see my house from up there.

JDFP
20-Jun-2010, 08:16 PM
ps-- they ought to just fulfill Oral Roberts' "vision" and build a 900 foot Jesus with an elevator ride to his halo and a bungee jumping platform on one of his hands. Maybe put rotating spotlights in his eye sockets.

I'd be able to see my house from up there.

Oh dear Christ (no pun intended), I can hear the rednecks now:

"Don't worry Peggy Sue, we'se shorely are in the arms of the savior! HAW! HAW!"

Shoot me now...

j.p.

SymphonicX
21-Jun-2010, 03:18 PM
I know America likes to do things bigger, brasher and better than the rest of the world...

but I think we've found a line now...!

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 03:29 PM

j.p.

It would seem that hypocracy is timeless.

But what's worse? The people who charge or the people who fork it over like idiots?

:cool:

MikePizzoff
21-Jun-2010, 03:34 PM
I was visiting my Grandparents yesterday (as it was Fathers' Day) and noticed my Grandmother has a book called "How To Avoid Going To Hell". That shit made me laugh pretty damn hard. Silly Christians.

SRP76
21-Jun-2010, 03:37 PM
my Grandmother has a book called "How To Avoid Going To Hell".

Just don't take that left turn at Albequerque. Job done.

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 04:07 PM
I was visiting my Grandparents yesterday (as it was Fathers' Day) and noticed my Grandmother has a book called "How To Avoid Going To Hell". That shit made me laugh pretty damn hard. Silly Christians.

It's funny how old people get scared when they know they're nearing the end of their lives.

They think about all the sins they've committed and suddenly want to make up "points".

You think they spoil grandchildren for their health? :rolleyes:

JDFP
21-Jun-2010, 04:30 PM

As opposed to silly Atheists or silly people from other walks of life? We're all human and guess what? None of us have it completely figured out. Some people prefer to live by faith than none, I think it's more admirable than foolish myself -- but it's all a matter of opinion.

j.p.

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 04:35 PM
How to avoid going to hell. Easy, don't sin.

You don't need a book. However, since all of us have sinned and therefore fall short of the glory of god, we're all fucked anyway.

I'm sure the mythology goes something like that.

bassman
21-Jun-2010, 04:49 PM
You don't need a book. However, since all of us have sinned and therefore fall short of the glory of god, we're all fucked anyway.

:lol:

If the Bible ever needed a summary for the back cover - This is it.

JDFP
21-Jun-2010, 04:54 PM
It would seem that hypocracy is timeless.

But what's worse? The people who charge or the people who fork it over like idiots?

I'd say maliciously manipulating people is always worse than people being ignorant (even of their own devices choosing to be ignorant). That's not to say that ignorance isn't harmful (it certainly is) or shameful in cases where people choose ignorance instead of educating themselves. :)

j.p.

darth los
21-Jun-2010, 05:03 PM
I'd say maliciously manipulating people is always worse than people being ignorant (even of their own devices choosing to be ignorant). That's not to say that ignorance isn't harmful (it certainly is) or shameful in cases where people choose ignorance instead of educating themselves. :)

j.p.

Again, it's hard to disagree with anything you said there.

Me thinks I'm going to have to start just disagreeing with you, even if I do, just to maintain my street cred with the left. :lol: