17-Jun-2010, 02:12 PM
BS7xj78t4dk

Huh.

Kaos
17-Jun-2010, 02:18 PM
Looks good to me.

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 04:33 PM
The vibe was very Alan wakish to me, which is a good thing.

:cool:

Andy
17-Jun-2010, 04:58 PM
Woah.. Hold on a minute, silent hill 8?!

Where are 5,6 and 7? I'm not that out of touch with silent hill am I?

CoinReturn
17-Jun-2010, 05:16 PM
Looks like a reboot rather than an outright sequel. Hopefully they clean the framerate up a bit before release.

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 05:33 PM

Perhaps they're counting things like S.I. Origins and homecoming and such.

Danny
17-Jun-2010, 06:50 PM

Homecoming's 5, origins is 6 and shattered memories is 7- and the best of the 3.

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 07:13 PM
Homecoming's 5, origins is 6 and shattered memories is 7- and the best of the 3.

You really thought so? Homecoming was my fav.

We had an exchange a while back about the SH canon and I mentioned that they all seemed the same to me. You kindly broke it down to me but this post illustrates alot of my thought on it.

Every franchise has to let go at some point and head in a new direction to avoid getting stale:

Imo, alot of the SH games seem very similar to each other. Having the trade-mark fog really makes all the games seem the same to me. You're walking through a town were you can't see more than 10feet in front of you, all the buildings are abandoned and creepy looking, and monsters creep up on you because you can't really see anything. That happens in all of their games. I'm not saying the games are bad at all, in fact the gameplay is fun. But I think they need to evolve past the same old scenery for once.

Danny
17-Jun-2010, 07:18 PM
They do need to change it. thats what i loved about shattered memories its a total breath of fresh air and the twist good ending almost made me shed a tear it was so sad for the 'good ending'.

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 07:34 PM
They do need to change it. thats what i loved about shattered memories its a total breath of fresh air and the twist good ending almost made me shed a tear it was so sad for the 'good ending'.

Yeah, multiple endings is what i like about the series as well. It makes it feel as if what you do really matters i the characters lives, like in homecoming when i had to decide whether or not to show mercy and the dude's mom or not so i wouldn't have her blood on my hands but watch her suffer and die anyway.

Damn, talk about a no win situation.