PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Explosive Disorder??????

Adrenochrome
07-Jun-2006, 01:51 AM
WTF???
So, this is what was once called "losing your temper"????
So, next time anyone here starts flaming a thread, it may cause " Intermittent Explosive Disorder"

- A disorder of impulse control characterized by several episodes in which aggressive impulses are released and expressed in serious assault or destruction of property although no such impulsiveness or aggressiveness is shown between episodes.

zombie04
07-Jun-2006, 01:53 AM
ah, liberal excuses for everything. You know some wife-beater will use this as a defense in court very soon. After all, it's not his fault, he has a disease and needs to be cured, just like all those pedophiles.

Adrenochrome
07-Jun-2006, 02:06 AM
ah, liberal excuses for everything. You know some wife-beater will use this as a defense in court very soon. After all, it's not his fault, he has a disease and needs to be cured, just like all those pedophiles.
Exactly!!!!
I heard this terminology for the first time today on Rush Limbaugh (don't ask why I was listening to this fool).....soooooo, I looked it up. Lo and Behold, thar it be!!!! It's an actual definition!!!

**sings**
...And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death

Zombie-A-GoGo
07-Jun-2006, 02:06 AM
ah, liberal excuses for everything.

Not from this liberal. That's ridiculous. Can't human beings just act like human beings? Pretty soon the whole of being a human being will be considered a disorder.

Adrenochrome
07-Jun-2006, 02:10 AM
Pretty soon the whole of being a human being will be considered a disorder.
You're not too far off the mark, my friend....there is a "disorder" for every NORMAL human action now.
Not for me! I will always be a Human, being.

Danny
07-Jun-2006, 07:49 AM
i tend to get this from my pc combined with the words "virtual memory to low" and an mmorpg.

i funking hate lagging!

Bunker65
07-Jun-2006, 12:42 PM
Intermittent Explosive Disorder"

- A disorder of impulse control characterized by several episodes in which aggressive impulses are released and expressed in serious assault or destruction of property although no such impulsiveness or aggressiveness is shown between episodes.

I would have thought that Intermittent Explosive Disorder was something caused by eating large quantaties of baked beans or maybe corned beef & cabbage. If that were the case I get that all the time :D.

On topic though, this is another example of society not wanting to take responsibility for their actions. There "has" to be some chemical or psychological reason for EVERYTHING that morons do these days. In some cases that may be true but most people are just looking for an excuse for their actions.

If I snap because some jackass cuts me off while driving there is no disorder to blame. Plain & simple I just lost my temper. It happens to the best of us & we have to face that we are human & react badly at times. When we do, we have to face up to it & deal with the consiquences.

deadwrtr
07-Jun-2006, 12:54 PM

It's called Rage, and it originates from the primordial ooze that is our brains. If you have ever thrown something in anger, screamed in frustration or kicked something in disgust, congratulations, you're human.

Or, it was something cooked up in a British lab, accidentally released on unsuspecting citizens turning them into the blood crazed infected, forcing the quarantine of Britain.