PDA

View Full Version : Survival DVD extras

Fecunditatis
24-Jun-2010, 01:18 PM
Quite a lot of them, apparently:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1244:complete-survival-of-the-dead-dvdblu-ray-specs&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=167

paranoid101
24-Jun-2010, 01:50 PM
Might import the 2 disc version DVD, would have liked the blu ray though, wonder if uk is getting the same realise?

LouCipherr
24-Jun-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow, looks like the disc has a lot of features/extras.

Not sure if that will help push sales here in the US though. I still think they completely screwed themselves releasing it in the UK way before it was released in the US. Everyone I know has already seen it and it's not even out yet, and there's only one way that was possible.

I hope for George's sake I'm wrong, but it just seems like a FUBAR'd release all the way around.

bassman
24-Jun-2010, 02:04 PM
I hope the special features are good. Otherwise i'm getting this just as a collector/fan. Have to complete the set, ya know?

Mr.G
24-Jun-2010, 02:23 PM
Really nice extras. I have the bare bones UK edition with the superior cover art.

bloodletter
24-Jun-2010, 02:50 PM
just saw that amazon has blueray preorders for $16.99! :)

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2010, 03:11 PM
That is a thick chunk of extras, which is nice to see since I'm still waiting on an official US BR release to see it for the first time.

MinionZombie
24-Jun-2010, 06:07 PM
KICK ARSE!

I got the vanilla R2 disc when it came out and have watched it twice now, and being a GAR/DVD extra feature whore, I'll be picking up this fancy edition as well - two discer, natch.

A tasty selection of extras right there, should be lovely - I'm especially looking forward to the feature length making of documentary - that sort of shit gets me wet. ;)

bassman
24-Jun-2010, 06:12 PM
A tasty selection of extras right there, should be lovely - I'm especially looking forward to the feature length making of documentary - that sort of shit gets me wet. ;)

I'm gonna play the jaded guy here and say...."yeah, I can't wait to see them blabber on about how they make those quality, top-notch cgi effects".:lol:

CooperWasRight
25-Jun-2010, 05:42 AM
Really nice extras. I have the bare bones UK edition with the superior cover art.

As far as I know the uk cover looks like a no budget 2 dollar dvd. I can get some of the backlash of the new cover looking abit like previous otd dvd cases but just because the uk version looks different doesnt make it better... Crap is crap.

SymphonicX
11-Jul-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm gonna play the jaded guy here and say...."yeah, I can't wait to see them blabber on about how they make those quality, top-notch cgi effects".:lol:

"yeah we went on the torrents and downloaded this program called Adobe After Effects...then the lead visual FX artist went to videocopilot.net...."

rongravy
11-Jul-2010, 03:55 PM
Sweeeeet, I can't wait for this to come out so I can finally fucking see it. Shame it wasn't on the bigscreen anywhere around me.
I liked reading the comments on that page for Fangoria.
Haters gonna hate.

CooperWasRight
11-Jul-2010, 07:00 PM
"yeah we went on the torrents and downloaded this program called Adobe After Effects...then the lead visual FX artist went to videocopilot.net...."

AE is pretty much industry standard.... So then is this a swipe at Andrew Kramer?

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 11:41 PM
The blu ray release is scheduled for the 24th of August.

I'm one of the few who hasn't seen it yet. Couple that with the extras and I'm there.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
06-Aug-2010, 05:38 AM
no amount of extras included on the dvd release would make this worth buying, not even for the "completionist" (that's not even a word, i realize) rationale....and this is coming from a guy who owns every romero dead film before this one.

maybe one of these days i'll get around to watching the rest of it, but i seriously had to shut it off after 30 minutes it was so fucking awful. i'd like to see romero release something to redeem himself of this turd of a film, but given the law of diminishing returns and the downward slide his work has taken over the last decade or so, i'm not holding my breath.....

...except for THE WALKING DEAD, motherfuckers. (we should just change the name of this site since that's the topic that seems to find its way into every thread here these days)

darth los
06-Aug-2010, 02:21 PM
That's because we want a good product. If it happens to come from GAr, so be it, all the better.

But if someone lese gives us what we been waiting years for then that's what we're gonna get excited about.

:cool:

bassman
23-Aug-2010, 05:09 PM
Just thought I would remind everyone that this will be released on dvd/br in the states tomorrow(Aug 24th). I had forgotten about it until I ran across it on an upcoming blu ray listing.

That coupled with the fact that nobody has mentioned it in weeks shows how anticipated this one is.:lol:

MoonSylver
23-Aug-2010, 05:17 PM
Just thought I would remind everyone that this will be released on dvd/br in the states tomorrow(Aug 24th). I had forgotten about it until I ran across it on an upcoming blu ray listing.

That coupled with the fact that nobody has mentioned it in weeks shows how anticipated this one is.:lol:

I've been out of the loop so long I didn't even realize the DVD date had been ANNOUNCED! Shame. I've been waiting for the "official" release to see it, & now that it's coming out, I can't afford it...:(

bassman
23-Aug-2010, 05:18 PM
I've been waiting for the "official" release to see it, & now that it's coming out, I can't afford it...:(

Check your pm.

MinionZombie
23-Aug-2010, 05:46 PM
It's on my wish list ... I'll be importing it, naturally, but I've already got the R2 vanilla disc, so I've seen the movie twice now ... but yeah man, I'm rather looking forward to seeing the extra features. :)

tkane18
26-Aug-2010, 09:29 PM
AE is pretty much industry standard.... So then is this a swipe at Andrew Kramer?

I think what he meant was that every AE expert wannabe goes to Kramer's site and instead of learning the techniques and applying them in a creative way, these people just copy his tutorials step by step and turn in their "original" work.

I've even seen this on TV commercials and intros.

I just sit there and say, "There's another Kramer website groupie."

Alzombiehunter
09-Oct-2010, 05:09 PM
It's a bit ironic that sometimes the best the movie is the worse the extras are, and sometimes the worse the movie is the better the extras are with hour long documentaries and all that. Survival of the dead is getting better with repeat viewings though.

MinionZombie
10-Oct-2010, 09:41 AM
My copy of Survival's "Ultimate Undead Edition" is on its way, so I'm eager to check out these extra features. Personally I really dug the flick from the first viewing, and I still dug it the second time around. Is it perfect? No, but I really enjoyed it.

Interesting that you go on about the bad movie/good extras and vice versa thing ... I've had an ever-changing opinion of Diary of the Dead (which is my least favourite of the new GAR zed flicks), but the extra features on the 2-disc DVD were quite good. I enjoyed them more than the movie in some cases ... I don't hate Diary, not at all, but I do have a hard time with it and I've gone from loving it, to being disappointed by it, to being a bit bored by it, to thinking actually it's not bad - not great, but alright.

Anyway, I look forward to checking out the SOTD extra features when my copy arrives.