PDA

View Full Version : Sell Me On The Movie: Alien Dead (1980)

carpetbeggar
27-Jun-2010, 03:12 AM
I've never seen the 1980 movie 'Alien Dead' directed by Fred Olen Ray and starring the late, great...Buster Crabbe. I actually don't know much about the movie in general, like the plot, original release information, background, aftermath of it or any releases it had on video or DVD except I saw the cover for a 25th Anniversary DVD of it online. That would have made that DVD released during 2005 I guess. If they bothered to release a 25th anniversary copy of the movie then there must have been some interest in it I assuming as a cult classic?
So guys, what can you tell me about the movie, is it worth searching out to watch?
Is the anniversary edition worth picking up if I was to decide to get it as far as having a good selection of extras on it?
What is the basic plot and how is the gore factor?
Actually who did the s/fx on the film?
I don't think I've ever heard this movie discussed before really, or on any "best of" lists of zombie movies...Maybe that's telling me all I need to know right there. :lol:;):lol:
Thanks guys!!!

EvilNed
27-Jun-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/aliendead/

Mr.G
27-Jun-2010, 02:27 PM
Sorry, I can't sell you on it. I blind bought the dvd using your logic of an anniversary edition....don't copy my mistake! Instead, buy a quality bad zombie movie titled Children of the Living Dead.

carpetbeggar
28-Jun-2010, 03:18 AM
Thanks guys, I don't think I'll rush too hard to see this movie, let alone actually purchase a copy of it.