View Full Version : Foxconn factory suicides

LouCipherr
30-Jun-2010, 03:04 PM
Not sure if everyone has heard about this, but as of June 1st, there has been 13 attempts at suicide (10 successful attempts) at the Foxconn factory in China this year. Foxconn, in case people don't realize this, make the chips for the iphone as well as a ton of other electornics (motherboards, chips, all kinds of shit). Well, apparently there some weird stuff going down there.

I was digging around for some info on the company and came across this website - not sure how true it is, but if it is, it's no WONDER these people are doing what they're doing:

http://www.szcpost.com/2010/05/foxconn-suicides.html

:stunned:

Should I be surprised at this?!

fartpants
30-Jun-2010, 05:12 PM
i know i will now think twice before i complain about "a bad day at work"

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 12:51 PM
i know i will now think twice before i complain about "a bad day at work"

No shit... however, with the amount of suicides and knowing China's record on human rights I will never buy an iPhone or Mac product. Nor will I ever buy another PC or PC component manufactured by Foxconn.

Danny
06-Jul-2010, 12:55 PM
No shit... however, with the amount of suicides and knowing China's record on human rights I will never buy an iPhone or Mac product. Nor will I ever buy another PC or PC component manufactured by Foxconn.

Nintedo's worse dude. In fact if memory serves theyve had just as many right now at there main factories, if not more so.

-actually, upon inspection of the articles its the same damn factory!.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 02:12 PM
And to think my PS3 came from those fuckers