PDA

View Full Version : A question about b/w filming

ngm231
02-Jul-2010, 10:55 AM
For a short film i am working on i am trying to film it in black and white but still have the color red showing. Does anybody know how i could achieve this?

Danny
02-Jul-2010, 11:48 AM
recolour red portions in after effects, or film in colour and add a filter in after effects only cut away frame by frame the black and white filter layer over what red you want visible.

ngm231
02-Jul-2010, 11:52 AM
Ah good idea... Never even thought to do it that way. I will give it a try. Thanks.

MinionZombie
02-Jul-2010, 02:36 PM
YouTube is always full of great tutorial videos - search for what you want to do and what software you're using, and you'll no doubt find a good tutorial video for it. :)

krakenslayer
02-Jul-2010, 05:03 PM
Additionally to the above could create a thick, opaque, lime green solution and use chrome keying (basically greenscreening, but on the solution instead of a backdrop) to make your "blood" luminous comic-book red a la Sin City.

ngm231
02-Jul-2010, 08:10 PM
Additionally to the above could create a thick, opaque, lime green solution and use chrome keying (basically greenscreening, but on the solution instead of a backdrop) to make your "blood" luminous comic-book red a la Sin City.
That is brilliant. i think i will try that first being i'm not too savvy in AE yet.

MikePizzoff
03-Jul-2010, 04:10 AM
Also, if you're using Final Cut Studio: it's very easy to achieve this effect using Color.

Danny
03-Jul-2010, 03:50 PM

damn good idea actually. should work, depending on lighting situations very well.