PDA

View Full Version : anyone still do halloween?

acealive1
04-Jul-2010, 01:25 AM
i admit people do say "you're too old for dressing up"

but it must just be a short couple years where its not cool cuz i see people 25 years older than me doing it.

anyone going to any parties dressed up this year?

Mike70
04-Jul-2010, 01:29 AM
dude, it's july 4th weekend. are you so bored with summer that you are already looking to autumn? :lol::lol:

acealive1
04-Jul-2010, 01:33 AM
dude i have to go to work monday. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JDFP
04-Jul-2010, 02:34 AM

but it must just be a short couple years where its not cool cuz i see people 25 years older than me doing it.

I didn't know Halloween was something you "did" so much as something you experienced?

As far as dressing up, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. This really isn't the point of it at all for me. Though I do dig seeing some folks costumes (especially the costumes of some naughty, naughty girls :D:sneaky:), and what different people come up with to wear.

I dunno. I might dress up, I may not. If I do it won't be anything expensive. I always thought I'd enjoy dressing up as a peasant and buy two coconuts to bang them together and have another guy dress up like a knight. That would be a fun costume (if I could get someone else to do the knight). Likewise, if I could get two or three friends together it would be fun as hell to dress up like Alex and his "droogs" from "A Clockwork Orange". Work may frown upon that though (although most of the idiots wouldn't get the reference anyway).

I always take vacation for Halloween and usually take 3-5 days off in a row. It's my most favorite holiday of the year as I love the atmosphere, horror festivals, haunted houses, corn mazes, etc. etc. -- it's just a fun as hell time to be a horror fan. I also enjoy getting together a ton of good horror films together to watch.

j.p.

acealive1
04-Jul-2010, 02:48 AM
(especially the costumes of some naughty, naughty girls :D:sneaky:),

:eek::eek:

i must come to your area :elol:

Tricky
04-Jul-2010, 10:04 AM
I'll always dress up for halloween i think, my friends always make a big thing of it, usually starting with a houseparty where the house is all decked out in cobwebs etc & we all drink a load of booze, then we all head out into town to the pubs & clubs to shock everyone/make them laugh with our costumes! I got some funny looks with my Dr Tongue one last halloween :lol:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3219/tonguey.jpg

acealive1
04-Jul-2010, 06:57 PM
i think im gonna go as a member of the MFP from mad max, the boots and jacket look pretty easy to find

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jul-2010, 09:06 PM
I love Halloween. While I don't always dress up I just enjoy the overall atmosphere that surrounds this semi sort of holiday. Last year i went as a bobble headed grim reaper... this year... probably go without costume.

acealive1
04-Jul-2010, 09:41 PM
I love Halloween. While I don't always dress up I just enjoy the overall atmosphere that surrounds this semi sort of holiday. Last year i went as a bobble headed grim reaper... this year... probably go without costume.

man its always fun to have a party with people your age, im 27 and last year i swear it was just as much fun if not more having this party now as opposed to when i was a kid. this year i'll be ready though, best costume for sure

Marie
05-Jul-2010, 12:17 AM

Depends on which friend really, I'll make up an old mask, or I might stay home and freak the kids. I'm seldom drunk, its dangerous to wander drunk,
M_

darth los
06-Jul-2010, 04:01 PM
Like most holidays it's all about the kids.

:cool:

JDFP
06-Jul-2010, 04:43 PM
Like most holidays it's all about the kids.

:cool:

Ah, but I guess it depends on how much of a kid we still are at heart. :D

I know horror movies don't scare the crap out of me like they did when I was little (usually, every now and then is the exception to the rule where it can still manage to get through my jaded adult cynicism and desensitized nature) but I'll be the first to admit I appreciate a good horror movie now more than when I was little -- and it's always a pleasure to get in tune with that childish wonder/fear/excitement like it was when I was little again.

j.p.

acealive1
06-Jul-2010, 07:15 PM

EXACTLY! i was in full on JUST dead zombie get up last year......in pennsylvania and no one got it.....damn idiots

Chic Freak
06-Jul-2010, 11:15 PM
Though I do dig seeing some folks costumes (especially the costumes of some naughty, naughty girls :D:sneaky:)

Ah, the repressed girls staggering around in their crappy Ann Summers-esque costumes and drinking alcopops. What would Halloween be without them? *le sigh* I've got nothing against slutty clothing, but if you're too ball-less to dress like a slutty wierdo every day of the year it's kind of pathetic to reserve it for Halloween, in my book :p

Likewise, if I could get two or three friends together it would be fun as hell to dress up like Alex and his "droogs" from "A Clockwork Orange".

Oh. My. God. I am absolutely stealing that idea for this Halloween. Sorry. I missed out last year because I was in Malta and they don't celebrate Halloween at all. The year before that I went as a zombie prom queen in a vintage 50s dress and Marilyn Monroe wig *nods*

Absolutely!

Debbieangel
07-Jul-2010, 05:48 PM
We have a lot of fun at Halloween, we put deco's outside to scare the kiddies..all in good fun....the kids love it.
This yr I am planning on dressing up to greet the kids, I haven't decided what kind of costume yet. But, probably something a zombie or a witch, not sure yet, still abit early to think of it.
Fun thread ace!

acealive1
07-Jul-2010, 07:22 PM
We have a lot of fun at Halloween, we put deco's outside to scare the kiddies..all in good fun....the kids love it.
This yr I am planning on dressing up to greet the kids, I haven't decided what kind of costume yet. But, probably something a zombie or a witch, not sure yet, still abit early to think of it.
Fun thread ace!

i try,deb. looks like i'll be in your state again for halloween this year ;)

DeadJonas190
07-Jul-2010, 08:05 PM
I had a friend ask me to do the make up so he could be Kakihara from Ichi the Killer, so I need to work on getting the cut face prosthetics made (I had a friend show me how to do a lot of effects, I have not yet perfected the art form, but am working on it) so I will be doing that earlier and then I plan on being a zombie or a person in the stages of turning into a zombie.

bassman
07-Jul-2010, 08:08 PM
Trying to complete my colonial marines(aliens) costume for this year. It may not happen because I started a few other projects at the same time and they're dragging out.

If it doesn't work out, I always have my paranormal investigations and elminations costume to fall back on!:cool:

acealive1
07-Jul-2010, 08:45 PM
Trying to complete my colonial marines(aliens) costume for this year. It may not happen because I started a few other projects at the same time and they're dragging out.

If it doesn't work out, I always have my paranormal investigations and elminations costume to fall back on!:cool:

man, i just looked at that link u sent me........i guess the USCM will wait til next year LOL 8 months!! yikes!

bassman
07-Jul-2010, 09:10 PM
man, i just looked at that link u sent me........i guess the USCM will wait til next year LOL 8 months!! yikes!

movie props and costumes isn't a cheap hobby, that's for sure. You should see how much i'm sinking into a new Ghostbusters proton pack. It will be roughly two grand by the time i'm finished...

acealive1
07-Jul-2010, 09:30 PM
i may just get motocross equipment and spray it myself with some cheap stencils. or visit the old armory :D:D:D

bassman
07-Jul-2010, 09:57 PM
i may just get motocross equipment and spray it myself with some cheap stencils. or visit the old armory :D:D:D

My moto is: If it's not close to screen accurate - it's not worth showing off. :p

acealive1
07-Jul-2010, 10:06 PM
My moto is: If it's not close to screen accurate - it's not worth showing off. :p

i'll only be wearin it for a night........

bassman
07-Jul-2010, 10:22 PM
i'll only be wearin it for a night........

Not if you're me. :lol:

acealive1
07-Jul-2010, 11:48 PM
Not if you're me. :lol:

ok, mark my words.......u do a spin off of aliens or a fan made remake of that film............i'll buy the expensive version of the costume and be in it :p

Debbieangel
08-Jul-2010, 12:03 AM
i try,deb. looks like i'll be in your state again for halloween this year ;)

GREAT now u can go to the Monroeville Mall!! The zombiehead mecca!!
Don't forget to slide down the escalator! I still haven't grown any balls to do it yet!

bassman
08-Jul-2010, 02:01 AM
ok, mark my words.......u do a spin off of aliens or a fan made remake of that film............i'll buy the expensive version of the costume and be in it :p

:lol: You got it.

I'm just a fan. It's nice having replicas to populate my man cave. Especially when people come over and appreciate it.

acealive1
08-Jul-2010, 03:50 PM
i know whatu mean, if i had the cash, i'd definitely buy a real one. i'd have to add some paint to it tho. and then walk around saying 'they're comin outta the god damned walls!!!""