PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay - Explosions

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jul-2010, 05:53 PM
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/michael-bay-presents-explosions.html?cid=vplayer_robot-chicken_michael-bay-presents-explosions

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2010, 10:22 AM
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/michael-bay-presents-explosions.html?cid=vplayer_robot-chicken_michael-bay-presents-explosions
ha, I love that skit on RC (got the seasons 1-3 boxset recently). Love it when the words all mash together in an over-excited blur. :D

bassman
05-Jul-2010, 01:14 PM
Everyone's jealous because they can't do action and explosions like Bay.:p

Seriously. The guy can stage some beautiful action sequences...

JDFP
05-Jul-2010, 01:30 PM
Seriously. The guy can stage some beautiful action sequences...

Yes he can, I'll certainly give him credit for that. It's unfortunate that he can't also stage a compelling story, plot, or character development to create characters that aren't one dimensional.

What was Megan Fox's role in "Transformers" again? OH yeah, to run around and look hot as eye candy. It certainly wasn't a sequel to Jessica Tandy from "Driving Miss Daisy". :)

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/megan-fox-transformers.jpg

j.p.

bassman
05-Jul-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everyone bitches about Transformers, but his earlier films were better. Bad Boys 1&2 and The Rock are great, imo. Probably some of the best action films of the 90's.

And what kind of character development are people expecting robots to have? The development is in the boy...

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2010, 09:45 AM
The Rock was, and still is, effin' badass ... same goes for Bad Boys 1&2.

Pearl Harbour was gash though, and The Island (while it did have a rather lush Scarjo in it) was just product placement and daftness throughout, but I thought the first Transformers was pretty good.

Transformers 2 though, wtf was that all about? I do hope TF3 is a damn sight better than that - and indeed Megan Fox was fired for being "too thin" apparently, so she's been replaced with someone who's apparently shagging Jason Statham.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't care that much for Bad Boys 2. It was too long and felt like it ended 20 minutes before it ended. Bad Boys 1 I dig... The Rock I dig... I even sort of like Transformers 1, but Transformers 2 sucked big time.

BillyRay
06-Jul-2010, 02:32 PM
I hear Michael Bay keeps a packet of firecrackers next to his writing desk.

For Inspiration...

LouCipherr
06-Jul-2010, 03:27 PM
"Point Break or Bad Boys II?"

"Which one do you think I'll prefer?"

"No, I mean which one do you wanna watch first?"

:D

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2010, 05:20 PM
"Point Break or Bad Boys II?"

"Which one do you think I'll prefer?"

"No, I mean which one do you wanna watch first?"

:D
"You ain't seen Bad Boys 2?!" :D

BB2 is indulgent, over-long, and over-sized ... but it's like a double bacon cheeseburger, sometimes you just want a big old bite of it. It's huge, dumb fun and is clearly not supposed to be anything else.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 05:42 PM
"You ain't seen Bad Boys 2?!" :D

BB2 is indulgent, over-long, and over-sized ... but it's like a double bacon cheeseburger, sometimes you just want a big old bite of it. It's huge, dumb fun and is clearly not supposed to be anything else.

Dumb being the key word.

LouCipherr
06-Jul-2010, 07:18 PM
Dumb being the key word.

Sometimes "Dumb" is fun.. look at Zombieland - it's dumb (in concept) but it's fun... :D

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 10:37 PM
Sometimes "Dumb" is fun.. look at Zombieland - it's dumb (in concept) but it's fun... :D

Ok well, then what happened to bad boys 2... it wasn't fun it was just dumb over produced over the top schlock.

At least the first one was great and entertaining. 2 is like having your teeth pulled without Novocaine

bassman
06-Jul-2010, 10:44 PM
Ok well, then what happened to bad boys 2... it wasn't fun it was just dumb over produced over the top schlock.

At least the first one was great and entertaining. 2 is like having your teeth pulled without Novocaine

I enjoy the hell out of both films, but Bad Boys 2 gets the most viewings. As MZ said, it's just fun. Kick ass action, good looking women, laughs,....whats not to like? Check your brain at the door and just be entertained for two hours.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 10:50 PM
I tried Basscunt I really did... but the goddamn movie is just too fucking long and it gets old and tired quick. i think it is Martin Lawrence for me being the biggest problem. He just wasn't as funny as he was in the first one. His Woosah shit was getting annoying... although i do run around and say Woosah to people having a bad day... but in the end I feel he ruined the flick

bassman
06-Jul-2010, 10:54 PM
I thought Lawrence brought even more comedy to the second film. Just the Ecstacy scene shows more comedy than he did in the first film.

"This is a nice fish. Big fuckin eyes.....but a nice fuckin fish!"

acealive1
06-Jul-2010, 11:11 PM
people love hating on bay, he resurrected THREE classic franchises in the last 5 years and people still talk shit, not to mention he did bad boys( you aint seen bad boys 2?) transformers 1 and 2, countless others are not named cuz i cant think of them off the bat. this man could probably remake flash gordon and make it a block buster money winner.

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2010, 09:40 AM
I thought Lawrence brought even more comedy to the second film. Just the Ecstacy scene shows more comedy than he did in the first film.

"This is a nice fish. Big fuckin eyes.....but a nice fuckin fish!"

haha, I love that bit in the movie! :D Always makes me laugh.

The whole electronics store bit where they talk about his shot arse and everyone outside thinks they're a gay couple, and then that big lady says "you two motherfuckers need to find Jesus" :lol: ... there's just so many good lines like Will Smith stealing that car of Dan Marino 'oh he should definitely buy a car like this, but not this one, I'm gonna fuck this one up!' or however it goes.

Lots of great action - the muscle car shootout, the shootout in the house, the massive fucking explosion in the mansion, the shanty town downhill smash-em-up, etc etc. SO. MUCH. FUN.

Like I said, it's a Bacon Double Cheese Burger of a movie. You don't want one all the time, but now and then it really hits the spot.

LouCipherr
07-Jul-2010, 12:16 PM
i think it is Martin Lawrence for me being the biggest problem.

I've always had a problem with him - much like I have a problem with Tracy Morgan. Loud & obnoxious? Check. Not as funny as they think they are? check. :lol:

That being said, I still liked BB2 (and CopOut.. :D), even though I understand what it is - full of velveeta cheese. :D