PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Dawn

chuckroast
05-Jul-2010, 07:12 AM
A while back I re-encoded a version of Dawn to look like a cartoon or a live action comic book. I posted some screenshots but a few people didn't think such a version really existed. They just through a few screen captures were photoshopped. So tonight while watching it again after having several ice cold adult beverages. I decided to toss up a small video clip as an example.

The quality of this clip is really poor since I just used screencast-o-matic to make a short clip. The audio is almost no existent.

Anyway I thought some of you would enjoy seeing what it looks like.
I'm sure you've never seen Dawn like this.. By the way it looks great on a bigscreen tv.

rkUBzw9sfa4

bassman
05-Jul-2010, 01:03 PM
So it's just the film with an effect layed over it?

Rubenstein will be knocking on your doors shortly....

fartpants
05-Jul-2010, 01:32 PM
the clip was ok but i dont think my eyes could handle watching the whole movie like this

sandrock74
05-Jul-2010, 03:33 PM
So it's just the film with an effect layed over it?

Rubenstein will be knocking on your doors shortly....

Exactly what it is. You can do this in Windows Movie Maker.

krakenslayer
05-Jul-2010, 06:45 PM
the clip was ok but i dont think my eyes could handle watching the whole movie like this

This^

I think there is a seed of an interesting idea here. If you play around with the brightness, contrast, colour and saturation, you could give each shot a separate, individual, artistic look, like panels in a comic strip.

Marie
05-Jul-2010, 07:30 PM
A while back I re-encoded a version of Dawn to look like a cartoon or a live action comic book. By the way it looks great on a bigscreen tv.

rkUBzw9sfa4

Im my decidely inexpert opinion it needs something, maybe a bigger format is one of those things but youre not quite there yet. Keep trying things. At least it dosent make me sick like Blair Witch did.<G>

M_

Rancid Carcass
05-Jul-2010, 10:14 PM
I think there is a seed of an interesting idea here.

I agree, but rather than slapping a filter on the exisiting footage I'm thinking a proper kick ass old school hand drawn 2D animated version. In fact I'd quite like to see the original trilogy done that way. C'mon Rubenstein - there money in it for ya!

krakenslayer
05-Jul-2010, 10:47 PM
I agree, but rather than slapping a filter on the exisiting footage I'm thinking a proper kick ass old school hand drawn 2D animated version. In fact I'd quite like to see the original trilogy done that way. C'mon Rubenstein - there money in it for ya!

Yeah I totally agree, but bear in mind that this is just chuckroast, a 17 year old kid, test driving, if you like, the idea. Yes, it's ridiculously easy to do, but there is a cool idea there: can you imagine if someone rotoscoped these movies? :D

bassman
05-Jul-2010, 11:10 PM
but bear in mind that this is just chuckroast, a 17 year old kid, test driving, if you like, the idea.

17 posts. 44 years old. :p

krakenslayer
05-Jul-2010, 11:11 PM
17 posts. 44 years old. :p

Oh yeah. Oops! :lol::lol:

DEAD BEAT
06-Jul-2010, 03:32 PM
A while back I re-encoded a version of Dawn to look like a cartoon or a live action comic book. I posted some screenshots but a few people didn't think such a version really existed. They just through a few screen captures were photoshopped. So tonight while watching it again after having several ice cold adult beverages. I decided to toss up a small video clip as an example.

The quality of this clip is really poor since I just used screencast-o-matic to make a short clip. The audio is almost no existent.

Anyway I thought some of you would enjoy seeing what it looks like.
I'm sure you've never seen Dawn like this.. By the way it looks great on a bigscreen tv.

rkUBzw9sfa4

that looks like that would hurt your eyes after awhile.....its already hurts my ass! doesn't really look like a comic book looks like old film that someone had crammed up there ass for 30 yrs and decided to put it back on a projector! lol:clown:

Mr.G
07-Jul-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm thinking a proper kick ass old school hand drawn 2D animated version. In fact I'd quite like to see the original trilogy done that way. C'mon Rubenstein - there money in it for ya!

Yes! Excellent idea. Get the original cast together and do voice overs.