View Full Version : Any Devo fans here?

Tricky
05-Jul-2010, 09:40 PM
They've always been a bunch of crackpots on stage, but the quirkiness is part of their charm & they have been a massive influence in music since the 70's, anyway they're back with a new album, im hoping to catch them live if they do any UK dates!
hPJV2M5HXZ8

clanglee
05-Jul-2010, 09:49 PM
Had no idea they were still together. Awesome!! They havn't changed their style that much. Good stuff.

bassman
05-Jul-2010, 09:55 PM
I often see one of their members (Mark Mothers-something. He also did the Rugrats theme and others) on one of my kid's tv channels. Weird dude.

I also had no idea they were still together. If they can get back, I'm holding out hope for an Oingo Boingo reunion...

Tricky
05-Jul-2010, 09:57 PM
ZRENoPisFYk

:D

Trin
06-Jul-2010, 12:26 PM
I've been a Devo fan for years. They reunited a couple of times in the past 10-15 years, but never with a studio album. They most recently played at the Winter Olympics.

There are a couple of different commercials featuring their latest music. Dell ran a campaign featuring them and their new song "Watch us work it" which officially rocks, and the video is fantastic.

For the new studio album they posted parts of 16 songs and let fans choose their top 12. It was pretty cool. As you listened to each clip there was this video of a guy wearing headphones listening to the clip too.

The best Devo stuff is when they get interviewed, especially by the MTV generation. The interviewers rarely realize they are getting punked.

It's just good stuff.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm holding out hope for an Oingo Boingo reunion...

me too. :D

major jay
06-Jul-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm not a fan, BUT they did do a version of one of my favorite monster movie songs.

original version

5P6EN4xg6qY&feature=related

Devo's version

0kcQEv_mYwE&feature=related

jscott
06-Jul-2010, 06:52 PM
Uncontrollable Urge is one of the greatest album openers, and greatest songs, of all time!

Neil
06-Jul-2010, 09:08 PM
They've always been a bunch of crackpots on stage, but the quirkiness is part of their charm & they have been a massive influence in music since the 70's, anyway they're back with a new album, im hoping to catch them live if they do any UK dates!
hPJV2M5HXZ8

Not read good things about their new album. People complain it's all a bit "safe" and "heard it all before".

For me their 1980s stuff is just priceless and timeless...
1ZUQ59UjCR0
56u6g0POvo0
P_dbZyuG0RU

...and probably one of their best song ever...
zSMDcLRWQkg

Tricky
06-Jul-2010, 09:15 PM
And dont forget this one!

Xbt30UnzRWw

Or this...
utyDw4rvli8

:cool:

Trin
07-Jul-2010, 01:21 AM
Beautiful World is a just a classic song. A song written to correspond to a video inspiration. Just classic.

3pidemiC
07-Jul-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm more of an Oingo Boingo fan myself. Not that they two should be compared though.

MikePizzoff
07-Jul-2010, 05:16 AM
She's just a girl! She's just a gi-irl! A girl you want!

clanglee
07-Jul-2010, 07:01 AM
She's just a girl! She's just a gi-irl! A girl you want!

Yep that's my favorite one there Mike. . . . . here ya go

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cadA5iANN2o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cadA5iANN2o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Here's an odd homage. . . . .Pearl Jam doing whip it. . .in full DEVO getup. . . .

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e0MtvJZU920&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e0MtvJZU920&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Tricky
08-Jul-2010, 07:10 PM
VWl6HqNYFXg

Middle aged but still massively talented! Some retards on the youtube comments claim that Devo are ripping off Lady GaGa :lol: kids who dont realise its the other way round no doubt!
Interesting to see Nine Inch Nails drummer John Freese now performing with them!

Sammich
08-Jul-2010, 08:32 PM
I was at the concert where they recorded Now It Can Be Told: Devo at the Palace.

Trin
08-Jul-2010, 08:42 PM
I was at the concert where they recorded Now It Can Be Told: Devo at the Palace.
There is a very very small number of people who are very very impressed by that.