PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead 28 (spoilers ahead)

Pushead Jim
07-Jun-2006, 08:41 PM
issue 28 finely came out today. I just got through reading it.Very interesting indeed.It seems the others do feed strangers to the zombies.We get to witness an arena( mad maxish) type battle between two of the "local" living folks as the baddies try to torture the prisons location out of Rick. Michonne attempts to help Rick out but she is in for some torture herself.... after the last few soap opera issues it good to see kirkman and co. get back to the old ultra violence. Good zombie feeding scene too.:elol:

Michonne is definitly wired and in contact with a third party. military perhaps???

Danny
08-Jun-2006, 12:15 AM
i think she's ''scitzo'' and couldnt take the stress of the situation and sees like family members and stuff around her.

cant wait to see it but calling them "the others" is too much like lost for my liking:D

Tullaryx
08-Jun-2006, 03:46 PM
It would be a nice twist if Michonne's talking to herself was not her being crazy but something else entirely, but it's too cloak-and-daggerish. I think her having a few screws loose is the better way to go since it shows how the crisis has affected some in ways thats more believable. I mean I wouldn't blame someone for starting to go abit crazy after seeing everyone they cared for eaten or at least turned into one of the zombies.

Finally, I'm glad issue 28 is out. Now hopefully issues 29 and 30 will be released right away so I they can start selling the 5th TPB collection.

Pushead Jim
08-Jun-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah i guess the "others" is a bit lostly of a term. maybe "the psyhco b*stards that live down the road" would of been better:lol: as far as Michonne notice how she only talks to "herself" when she thinks she is alone. I still think there is transmitter/reciever under that headband.

AcesandEights
09-Jun-2006, 10:23 PM
Long wait, but it was for a great issue! I kept thinking I "must have missed the lastest issue (or two even)," but luckily it was just one of their production/distribution hiccups.

It would be a nice twist if Michonne's talking to herself was not her being crazy but something else entirely, but it's too cloak-and-daggerish. I think her having a few screws loose is the better way to go since it shows how the crisis has affected some in ways thats more believable.

I agree. The idea of Michonne being wired in would be cool, but it's a bit too out there of an option for me to really appreciate.

Danny
10-Jun-2006, 10:50 PM
as far as Michonne notice how she only talks to "herself" when she thinks she is alone. I still think there is transmitter/reciever under that headband.

thats a bit too '355' for my liking.

and for those who dont know look up the comic "y the last man".

Rottedfreak
11-Jun-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't think Michonne's insane or deluded, some people do talk to themselves. This is a character who suffered heavy loss, she lost her boyfriend, ex husband, children, parents and everyone else and when she does talk to herself she's well aware, it's jsut her way of coping.

What happened with Rick was shocking, I'm praying Kirkman doesn't do a reset button there.
The fact the governer is forcing no one to watch those games was a twist, him saying they only turn up to see who'll suffer or die rung true, after all the pain and loss they suffered, it's only natural they'd want someone to pay. Any bets Rick and co will do a Migual?

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 02:22 PM
this is all going a bit too fiddlers green for my liking, next up we see a black zombie in overalls near a gas station....:D

Tullaryx
12-Jun-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't know about it being abit Fiddler's Green. It's almost become a staple of any apocalyptic-based story to have some sort of survivor camp that's gone all Lord of the Flies on its own population and those they find. I really don't think that plot device is one that's wholly LOTD's.

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 03:55 PM
okay in that case a pigs head on a stick telling michone to kill all her enemies.:D

Tullaryx
12-Jun-2006, 05:16 PM
okay in that case a pigs head on a stick telling michone to kill all her enemies.:D

Bah! and still you get it wrong. That's rotting, fly-infested pig's head. But getting back to the issue. I really think that it sets up the rest of series pretty well. Just when everyone was getting abit too much of the interpersonal conflicts within the group for the last 5-6 issues, Kirkman suddenly changes gears starting with issue 25 and hasn't let up. I can see the two groups becoming rivals for the limited resources and for any wandering survivors that enter their area.

The one question that's popped up for me is how could this other community have not known of the prison complex. Could they have been so isolated from everyone (the new community) that they never set out scouts, or did the powers in charge of the place keep them isolated in purpose?

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 05:45 PM
no doubt there wont be a straight answer to that and they give us a twist ending.
and dont you hate how sometimes the covers make you by the comic but then the cover event never occurs in the comic?, like issue 17 (i think) famous hanging cover but no one actually got hung, ever.

kingofmonsters2
12-Jun-2006, 05:58 PM
damn i liked this issue, i have a feeling that we are going to see a classic horror movie moment when rick gets his **** together and whips some ass
am i the only one who sees rick rick pulling an "ash" and arming himself, litterally, when its time to kick ass, it seems like the doctor doesnt like the governer and may help rick "arm" himself when the time is right

i also cant help but wonder what is going to happend to michonne after what we saw at the end of the issue, i cant see anybody playing hero and stepping up in time, i have a feeling she may just go nust afterwards, she is badass now, wait until she goes through this.

Pushead Jim
12-Jun-2006, 08:03 PM
I agree that the Doc is going to help Rick. The governers plans for michonne seem fairly standard(rape,torture,etc.etc.).the wild card is glen will he become zombie kibble or arena entertainment?

the governor told rick and company he knew they had a home base close by based on the fact that they had no food or water with them. could'nt this same logic help explain where michonne came from? If i remember right she had no provisions either when she showed up at the prison.

Hellsing you where right escape of the living dead was a stinker of a story.

Tullaryx
12-Jun-2006, 08:24 PM
The one theory that someone came up with was that Michonne may have come from the camp itself and escaped or left the place when she saw the direction it was heading in. It's abit of a longshot since the guv'nor acted as if he just saw Michonne for the first time.

One scenario I think is possible are some in the camp itself tiring of the guv'nor's tactics and rules and helping Rick and company either escape or create a disturbance within the compound that allows those in power to get munched on, etc...

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 10:02 PM
Hellsing you where right escape of the living dead was a stinker of a story.

DAMN STRAIGHT.:D