PDA

View Full Version : Any of you hogs play paintball?

Tricky
07-Jun-2006, 09:08 PM
I did it for the first time on saturday & loved it,i think ive found a new hobby :D its got to be woods or urbanball though,i dont think i'd enjoy the tournament style speedball stuff.I pulled off an awesome flanking manouver and shot 3 of my "enemies" in the back while they were still firing forward at my squadmates who were pinned down behind treestumps & barrels in front of the compound :evil:
doesnt half sting when you get shot though,once you've been hit once you get a kind of "survival instinct" kicking in & you do your best to avoid taking more hits (unsucessfully half the time,but its all part of the fun!)

glsjaw
07-Jun-2006, 10:46 PM
i'v played for about 7 years know and i can tell you if you get a chance to join a team and start playing tourny ball its great, the thrill of bunkering other fools on the other team is great.

Pushead Jim
07-Jun-2006, 11:58 PM
in the late 80's & early 90's i played 2 to 3 times a week. this is when semi auto guns were just starting to appear (tippman SA-68). We played mostly on large outdoor wooded fields with plenty of room for ambush and flanking attacks.the speedball arena type game like on espn now never really intrested me much. For me paintball was a wonderful way to blow off some steam and work out my anti-social behaviors in a legal and safe manner.

Adrenochrome
08-Jun-2006, 12:12 AM
I ride a Hog.....does that count?:D

glsjaw
08-Jun-2006, 12:34 AM
I ride a Hog.....does that count?

geeze man, so did i once at a party but i dont brag about it.:p

Adrenochrome
08-Jun-2006, 12:36 AM
geeze man, so did i once at a party but i dont brag about it.:p
no no no.....
I have a Sportster.......it purrrrrrrs. :D (loudly)

glsjaw
08-Jun-2006, 12:39 AM
sure, a sportster, and mine was a katie and she hummed.
lol,

Adrenochrome
08-Jun-2006, 12:41 AM
sure, a sportster, and mine was a katie and she hummed.
lol,
No,....serious....you want a ride? .......bitch....LOL
I ride my fatty, you ride yours. LOL

MinionZombie
08-Jun-2006, 09:10 AM
I've only been once, that was in Autumn semester 2004, so quite a while ago now, I'd love to go again. It was a woodland setting, which was fantastic. We did an afternoon's worth, so that was five games. First match I kept my head down and tried to get used to the gun - I eventually developed a way to hold it to get an accurate shot (the design of those guns they had were retarded).

Anyway, second match and I got my first kill - a HEAD SHOT on a 'weekend warrior' - one of those sad bastards who go every week thinking they're rambo with their custom mask, a bandana and wearing URBAN camo in the WOODS like an idiot. Anyway, he tried to sneak up behind me, my right flank warned me after he slipped through but they were pinned down. I was defending the base and had been abandoned by the other guy with me. The weekend warrior snuck up but didn't do it very quietly - and I was tipped off like I said - he went for the flag but then we got into a firefight as I desperately tried to perfect my aim with those stupidly designed guns - the canister as the butt, how random! - anyway, I blasted the bastard in the head. Man, he was p*ssed alright. He shot me in the ARSE in the final game from behind ... how manly eh, I was clearly the victor, haha!

My third match was my moment of glory. I killed like four or five people, was running around like I'm in Vietnam, and I'm not at all in shape but the adrenaline and survival instinct was a-flowing. At the end of that match I'd run out of ammo and our flag was being stolen. I just said f*ck it and barged it after him, but there was one more enemy lurking and he leapt out, I ran, dived and slammed into a tree before being promptly slaughtered in a hail of paint. The referee was very impressed though and it didn't really hurt that much I thought.

Anyway, I was feeling the hurt afterwards - muscles I mean, not the paintball wounds - but it was so much fun, very worth it.

Tricky
08-Jun-2006, 09:42 AM
Rock n roll that minion!i was the same,thinking i was in the 'nam,shouting out orders & locations of the enemy,& shouting yeehaaa when i got a kill :lol: top fun!definitely going to be doing it again soon!the warden was lobbing smoke grenades & flash bangs into our compound when we were defending,really got the old adrenaline going!

p2501
08-Jun-2006, 03:28 PM
i used to play alot, but of late it's harder and harder to organize a decent game.

i was looking at prganizing an Airsoft team, but it's hard to find an area to play in in Pennsylvania.

glsjaw
09-Jun-2006, 12:08 AM
theres alot of cool fields in the ohio,kentucky, pa area that always have walk on and team practices on the weekends

Tricky
09-Jun-2006, 07:38 PM
Well,my guns arrived & my mates has as well,getting them gassed up tomorrow & then we'll be having a bit of skirmishing :D ive gone for a JT tac 5,not the greatest out there,but cheap & good for me when im only gonna do it for a bit of a laugh on a weekend

http://www.badasssports.nu/shop/images/jt_tac5.jpg

MinionZombie
09-Jun-2006, 10:05 PM
See now that's what they could have done with at Skirmish Paintball in Norfolk, but the butt of the gun was the gas canister, which made you aim off to the left (if you're right handed), which was sh*t. However, with the trigger in my right hand, if I held onto the end of the canister with my left hand I could then hold the gun straight ... albeit not very comfortable/natural, but it did the jobby alright. As soon as I started doing that I was dropping blue teamers like flies, lol.

But something like that with a grip at the front would have been nice, especially as that looks like a mini M16. :D

Tricky
09-Jun-2006, 10:28 PM
See now that's what they could have done with at Skirmish Paintball in Norfolk, but the butt of the gun was the gas canister, which made you aim off to the left (if you're right handed), which was sh*t. However, with the trigger in my right hand, if I held onto the end of the canister with my left hand I could then hold the gun straight ... albeit not very comfortable/natural, but it did the jobby alright. As soon as I started doing that I was dropping blue teamers like flies, lol.

But something like that with a grip at the front would have been nice, especially as that looks like a mini M16. :D

You can make it look like an M4 :D with these upgrades http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_list_315.htm

The canister does fit on the back of the gun,but if you buy a remote line & harness,you can have the canister tucked in a pouch on your back with just a lead going to the back of the gun,much better!could be a useful thing for your zombie films dude,no law against owning a paintball gun,mod it up to look like an M4,get some blood red paintballs,if you kept the camera at the right distance it could be quite effective! :D

DeadJonas190
11-Jun-2006, 07:50 AM
I play a bit myself. I have a Tippmann Custom 98, they run around $160 depending on what kind of package you buy with it. If you need any other gear go with extreme rage if you can find it. It is a good product at a decent price, especially if your just doing it for fun and not tourny play. Here is a cool store that I used to go to... they are now online only, but check them out, they have good prices http://www.pnppaintball.com/

Last time I played, a lot of the guys were having problems with their guns. In fact, out of the 8 of us playing, 4 of us had Tippmann guns and we were the only people who didn't have any problems with our guns. Because of that, I always recommend Tippman, plus the Custom 98 is highly upgradable and easily serviced.

Last time i played we played in an arena. We were in our last game, I was pinned down behind a bunker. I was there for about a minute being shot at from all angles, finally I leaned out and shot a few of the guys on the opposite team. There was a huge X shaped bunker in the middle of the arena and I could see a guy on the other team sneaking up to it. Since I didn't have a clear shot, I yelled over to my brother to get him. Somehow, he was taken out and I didn't realize it. A few seconds later I got my shot. The guy stepped just right so that I could see his leg from the knee down. I shot at him furiously and only hit his foot lol. We won on a foot shot, but it felt good. He had eliminated me in an earlier game with a shot to my fingers holding my front grip , which hurt more than any other place I have been shot.

In a few weeks I'll be playing some woodsball, but I need some camo first.

Tricky
11-Jun-2006, 09:55 AM
Woodsball is what its all about for me,i cant see me getting into that tourny stuff,it makes it too high pressure & "unrealistic",all me & my mates want to do is run around pretending to be soldiers blasting each other in the woods for a few hours :D i know some people take the woodsball very serious as well though,full ghillie suits & all sorts!check out some of the articles on this site!http://www.specialopspaintball.com/tactics/index.asp

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2006, 11:40 AM
Woodsball is officially "the tits" for me.

And Jonas, they should give you camo overalls I'd have thought, they did at the place I went, so everyone had the same woodland camo ... except the modified weekend warrior who was wearing urban camo in the woods ... what a n00b, at least I blasted that fool in the head - I know I've already said it, but I'm really chuffed, that was my first ever paintball kill and I took down a pro, haha!

Indeed, woodsball is the more realistic experience, everything goes all Vietnam and you start thinking you're Arnie or something. I certainly did, I was leaping around like a nutter, diving into foxholes, chatting in military speak - "I'm going for that tree, cover me!" and barged it to a massive tree for cover as my mate kept the other team at bay. I used my cover well and took out three guys from that point. I even had a great 'death scene' in that match - barging it after our flag with no ammo, by that point I was so into the game I'd forgotten it was paintball and then a gook ... sorry, blue teamer, leapt out of the undergrowth! I dashed, dived and slid on my back into a tree for cover but was promptly slaughtered in a hail of paint ... I've probably said that before, but that third match was the best ever and I was really chuffed. I guess I get really focussed and mental when the adrenaline is a-flowing. It was all slow motion and I had "Adagio for Strings" running in a loop in my head ... and I kept using the word "flank", lol, "they're advancing on the right flank, guard the middle, I'm taking the left!" and so on.

general tbag
11-Jun-2006, 11:40 AM
I play a bit myself. I have a Tippmann Custom 98, they run around $160 depending on what kind of package you buy with it. If you need any other gear go with extreme rage if you can find it.

Last time I played, a lot of the guys were having problems with their guns. In fact, out of the 8 of us playing, 4 of us had Tippmann guns and we were the only people who didn't have any problems with our guns. Because of that, I always recommend Tippman, plus the Custom 98 is highly upgradable and easily serviced.

yes tippmans are great, been using them since back in the day .even used for fun play with the auto version. which was pretty crapy imho with stripper clips .. also the sl8 series of pumps are second to none to the bud orr pumps. i used to use a 68 special, that thing was like a tank. even used the first proto shipments of tippman pro-ams, which i am guessing is pretty much the custom 98 with a few differences.

i been out of the scene for a long time so much so it seems alot fo the companies i know with paintball are long since gone and or bought out. i was pretty suprised to see tippmans at my local walmart.

Tricky
11-Jun-2006, 07:24 PM
Woodsball is officially "the tits" for me.

And Jonas, they should give you camo overalls I'd have thought, they did at the place I went, so everyone had the same woodland camo ... except the modified weekend warrior who was wearing urban camo in the woods ... what a n00b, at least I blasted that fool in the head - I know I've already said it, but I'm really chuffed, that was my first ever paintball kill and I took down a pro, haha!

Indeed, woodsball is the more realistic experience, everything goes all Vietnam and you start thinking you're Arnie or something. I certainly did, I was leaping around like a nutter, diving into foxholes, chatting in military speak - "I'm going for that tree, cover me!" and barged it to a massive tree for cover as my mate kept the other team at bay. I used my cover well and took out three guys from that point. I even had a great 'death scene' in that match - barging it after our flag with no ammo, by that point I was so into the game I'd forgotten it was paintball and then a gook ... sorry, blue teamer, leapt out of the undergrowth! I dashed, dived and slid on my back into a tree for cover but was promptly slaughtered in a hail of paint ... I've probably said that before, but that third match was the best ever and I was really chuffed. I guess I get really focussed and mental when the adrenaline is a-flowing. It was all slow motion and I had "Adagio for Strings" running in a loop in my head ... and I kept using the word "flank", lol, "they're advancing on the right flank, guard the middle, I'm taking the left!" and so on.

:lol: i was just the same "we got movement,left flank,lay down supressing fire!!" then the warden started lobbing the smoke bombs in!The "hell hill" battle zone is just like hamburger hill,with a dug in emplacement at the top,i was almost ready to call in the phantoms with a payload of napalm :lol: :lol: me & another lad were keeping the other team supressed while one of us moved further up behind the tree stumps & up-ended pallets,we came out on top as well,my team mates who took the right flank just ran up without really taking cover,& they soon got knocked out!useless!but we kept up our attack strategy & actually knocked all their team out between us without even making it to the flag :D

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2006, 09:27 PM
Damn that "hell hill" 'map' (as me and housemate Adam used to jokingly say about the different areas - like a videogame), sounds freakin' sweet. That's the thing, there's the barge it and pray types, then there's the slow and steady types, slowly advancing.

I have to admit I did the "barge it" option in my fourth round. I was in that "I'm invincible!!!" state of mind I remember from my teenage, but a wall of blue teamers were running down the flank I was running down (hoping the others on the other flank would distract them so I could do some back-shooting) ... but I was shot (a lot) mid-dive to the ground, lol.

In that glorious third round though, I was in one of those slow advances on an enemy watch tower, two versus me. I was making progress but then couldn't get any further so I had to FALLLLL BAAAAACK!!! (hehe).

It's just like in Brothers In Arms - suppressing fire while your other squad advance and likewise provide covering fire for your fire team.

And Hamburger Hill was a friggin' great movie, VIETNAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!

Tricky
11-Jun-2006, 09:49 PM
Damn that "hell hill" 'map' (as me and housemate Adam used to jokingly say about the different areas - like a videogame), sounds freakin' sweet. That's the thing, there's the barge it and pray types, then there's the slow and steady types, slowly advancing.

I have to admit I did the "barge it" option in my fourth round. I was in that "I'm invincible!!!" state of mind I remember from my teenage, but a wall of blue teamers were running down the flank I was running down (hoping the others on the other flank would distract them so I could do some back-shooting) ... but I was shot (a lot) mid-dive to the ground, lol.

In that glorious third round though, I was in one of those slow advances on an enemy watch tower, two versus me. I was making progress but then couldn't get any further so I had to FALLLLL BAAAAACK!!! (hehe).

It's just like in Brothers In Arms - suppressing fire while your other squad advance and likewise provide covering fire for your fire team.

And Hamburger Hill was a friggin' great movie, VIETNAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!

:lol: vietnam was a horrible bloody war,but to those of us who werent there,it looks god damn cool!especially when playing paintball & thinking your sgt elias from platoon when he goes on that rampage just before he dies,or animal mother from full metal jacket.Theres another paintball site not far from me,near hull,& they have a whole mock vietnamese village for one of the 'maps' (im nicking that saying he he) plus a predator who stalks players there,if he sees you you have to stay totally still or he shoots you!ive not played there but i'd like to!cant wait for my next assault on hell hill as well!

look on this page,you can see the predator costume that they have on that site :D http://www.promotionalpropsandcostumes.co.uk/costumes.htm

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2006, 10:30 AM
Screw the predator, what you want is that giant mouse thingy ... or perhaps the chicken ... running around the vietnam map, lol. It's amazing how many war movie moments (and themetunes - Adagio for Strings, big style) run through your head when you're in the game.

I remember on the last game, near the end, our left flank went down - and they didn't even alert us in the center ground (in a stalemate of pinned down-dom) so that weekend warrior tosser shot me - with my back turned - in the ass. How lame is that? Weekend Warrior - who was shot smack bang in the middle of the forehead by a first timer (and his first kill) - gets his own back by shooting that person (me) from behind, in the ass, like a coward. lol. "Needless to say I had the last laugh" (just like Alan Partridge).

Oh yeah, and my first game I didn't wipe non-visor-fog stuff inside my visor, so it steamed up good and quick, so I had to basically cower behind cover on this walkway thing and fortunately managed to avoid being shot. Also, having thought it was a great idea to wear my white trainers to paintball, I discovered the first map (foggy visor map) was less like a summer's day and more like The Somme. I almost lost my friggin' trainers in this big splodge of mud that was ankle deep, lol. Oh, and throughout the afternoon I systematically destroyed the provided woodland camo overall they hand out to everyone. Ripped the crotch wide open from all my acrobatic jiggery pokery on the battlefield. Goddamn paintball is fuggin' awesome! :cool:

Also, here's the website for the one I went to:

Plumstead, Norwich (http://www.paintballnorwich.co.uk/html.php?skirmishpaintball=home)

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 02:25 PM
,once you've been hit once you get a kind of "survival instinct" kicking in & you do your best to avoid taking more hits (unsucessfully half the time,but its all part of the fun!)

what?, like laserquest?:D

and im just guessing here but are you a british guy?, cus you talk like it.

ive never been paintballing but after the paintballing episode of spaced ive wanted to go, but when your skint and looking for a job £15 for one go is pretty steep for me.

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2006, 02:46 PM
£30 should do you for an afternoon with about 300 paintballs thrown in ... at least that's what you'd get in Skirmish Paintball - the gaff where me and my mates went to re-enact our favourite war movies. :D

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 03:54 PM
what including one dying and giving a "guess i got to be the hero afterall" speech and then you fall on your knee's plattoon style "NOOOO!".:D

Tricky
12-Jun-2006, 06:20 PM
what?, like laserquest?:D

and im just guessing here but are you a british guy?, cus you talk like it.

ive never been paintballing but after the paintballing episode of spaced ive wanted to go, but when your skint and looking for a job £15 for one go is pretty steep for me.

Good guess chief!yeah im from blighty!east yorkshire to be exact :D

MinionZombie
12-Jun-2006, 09:39 PM
The scope for war movie moment re-enactment on the paintball battlefield is untold I tell thee ... err, yeah. I had Adagio for Strings on loop in my head and Saving Private Ryan's opening sequence as my inspiration for staying alive, lol. You really get into it and it becomes reality until the game ends, it's amazing how into it you get, it's real and you cannot be shot - because you actually will die. It's a fantastic adrenaline rush, you'll feel so good afterwards.

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 09:57 PM
man it sounds cool. adn yorkshire?, man im sorry man all those fields and heartbeat jokes must drive you mad.

Tricky
12-Jun-2006, 10:09 PM
man it sounds cool. adn yorkshire?, man im sorry man all those fields and heartbeat jokes must drive you mad.

he he aint so bad,its like the jungles of 'nam out here,me & my mate had a game tonight in the woods in monsoon conditions complete with a thunderstorm!we had to call it off after a couple cos it was really hammering with rain & our visors steamed up too much.there was a couple of good firefights though,ive got a right welt on my arse where he shot me as i tried to run for cover :lol: il get him back next time ;)

Danny
13-Jun-2006, 12:45 AM
bloody hell, i was intriqued at this and looked up paintball guns on eay and they didnt have any but sold, and i aint joking, laser sights, sniper mounts, RADAR for enemies locations, camo make up and "how to make yours a double barrel" e books.

this really is for nuts to wussy for real violence or pacifists who want to enjoy way to simulated war.:lol:

Tricky
13-Jun-2006, 08:16 PM
bloody hell, i was intriqued at this and looked up paintball guns on eay and they didnt have any but sold, and i aint joking, laser sights, sniper mounts, RADAR for enemies locations, camo make up and "how to make yours a double barrel" e books.

this really is for nuts to wussy for real violence or pacifists who want to enjoy way to simulated war.:lol:

Yeah you can get some serious kit for paintballing!some of the players are better equipped than our squaddies in iraq! :lol:

Danny
13-Jun-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah you can get some serious kit for paintballing!some of the players are better equipped than our squaddies in iraq! :lol:

ZING! :lol: :lol: :lol:

glsjaw
14-Jun-2006, 02:00 AM
doesnt anyone here play tourny ball?

you need to take off the hiking boot and throw on some spikes
throw away the camy's and put on some bright colored jersys and pants
use that slow semi as a paper weight and air up a 17+ ball a second marker
strap on a pack that holds 5 to 7 pods and ditch the hip pack that holds 2
and start complaining to the reffs how you shot him first

now thats a paintball player