PDA

View Full Version : UK folks... "Misfits" sound fun/interesting...

Neil
08-Jul-2010, 10:34 AM
Starts this Saturday...

When five young outsiders on community service get caught in a strange storm they quickly discover that they have developed superpowers. Kelly, who gets judged her on her chavvy appearance, gains the ability to hear peoples' thoughts; shy Simon turns invisible whenever he is ignored; Curtis, who is filled with remorse for his crime, turns back time when he feels regret, and anyone who touches the Alisha falls in lust with her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfits_%28TV_series%29

fartpants
08-Jul-2010, 04:48 PM
well since Amy Pond got her crack filled iv been missing a bit of sci-fi on a saturday so hopefully this will keep me going for a while :lol:

Ghost Of War
09-Jul-2010, 07:24 AM
I watched this, I thought it was shite, to be honest. Skins with super powers.

Neil
09-Jul-2010, 09:19 AM

Oh :(

Danny
09-Jul-2010, 11:57 AM

^This, a thousand times this.

Neil
09-Jul-2010, 12:11 PM
^This, a thousand times this.

More :(

fartpants
10-Jul-2010, 02:23 PM
looks like i will have to get my weekly sci-fi fix somewhere else then :rockbrow:

MinionZombie
10-Jul-2010, 04:51 PM
I'll have a squizz at the first episode, but the idea of "Skins with superpowers" doesn't fill me with interest. Also, being that it's a bunch of "ruffians" with ASBOs and living on a council estate, it sounds like it could be ... I don't know ... a bit throat-shovey, a bit hmmm ... like, it's as if the only young people in Britain are ASBO kids on estates according to these shows.

I'll take The Inbetweeners over Skins any day of the week.

fartpants
10-Jul-2010, 06:08 PM
I'll take The Inbetweeners over Skins any day of the week.

now thats quality....cant wait for series 3

Neil
10-Jul-2010, 09:56 PM
now thats quality....cant wait for series 3

Not seen it...

Ghost Of War
11-Jul-2010, 10:27 AM
Not seen it...

You're missing out, it's one of the funniest things that's been on TV in the past few years.

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2010, 10:47 AM
Agreed - Neil, you have to check out The Inbetweeners. It's ruddy good fun.

Initially I was a bit "pfft, Skins rip-off" when I saw the trailers for it around the time of Skins series 2, but then I saw clips on TV now and then and it made me laugh, so I caught up on series 1 before 2 aired, and then saw series 2 and it's ruddy good.

It's painfully realistic at times, and far better for it. The characters aren't a bunch of overly serious and self-involved emo kids who are intensely self-aware about being on a 'cool' TV show - the cast reflects, far more accurately, exactly what the vast majority of Britain's teenagers are really like, and it's both hilarious and cringe-worthy at the same time.

I have watched The Inbetweeners and sat there thinking "I've done that" or "I know someone just like that" or "that's awfully familiar" ... both in terms of fond memories, but also in terms of the stupid things you do as a teenager that you look back on and just cringe about. :p

So really, The Inbetweeners is the anti-Skins.

Oh yes, and *ahem*, "BUS WANKERS!" :lol: