PDA

View Full Version : My mate might be a murderer....

LoSTBoY
07-Jun-2006, 11:38 PM
The police swarmed a friends place (opposite my house) Wednesday and have taken him into custody. That was around 12 Noon and they left around 10PM after boarding up the door they busted in.

My brother phoned me up saying Scotland Today (Local news program) have announced they have charged someone with the murder. I checked the BBC site and found this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5057686.stm

It might not be him, they could have arrested someone else at the same time. Honestly, though.... the guy is soft as s*it. I can't imagine him hurting a fly. I've been in his house a number of times. I've got his Max Payne 2 here. :(

Mike70
07-Jun-2006, 11:48 PM
since this happened 11 years ago - did you know him back then? it is such a cliche but a true one - you never know just what goes on inside another person's head or what dark things might be lurking there.

growing up i knew these two brothers that lived near me really well. they were tight as brothers could be- i mean total best friends. i damn near fainted a few years ago when i heard that one of them had murdered the other one over a woman.

shocking the curves that life can throw at you sometimes isn't it?

i'm sorry to hear about this and the anxiety it is causing you. hopefully you'll find out that the dude had 300 outstanding parking tickets or 15 pounds of weed in his house. quite literally anything would be better than to find out a friend is a murderer.

glsjaw
08-Jun-2006, 12:36 AM
looks like you got a copy of max payne for free, good deal, and the quite ones always are the wacko's, dahmer,gacy,bundy, heck evan manson was nothing more than a dirty hippy and we all know how peace loving they are

Rottedfreak
08-Jun-2006, 08:43 AM
Sometimes quiet folk who keep to themselves are merely quiet folk who keep to themselves. Otherwise they are the likely suspect.

LoSTBoY
08-Jun-2006, 01:18 PM
since this happened 11 years ago - did you know him back then? it is such a cliche but a true one - you never know just what goes on inside another person's head or what dark things might be lurking there.

growing up i knew these two brothers that lived near me really well. they were tight as brothers could be- i mean total best friends. i damn near fainted a few years ago when i heard that one of them had murdered the other one over a woman.

shocking the curves that life can throw at you sometimes isn't it?

i'm sorry to hear about this and the anxiety it is causing you. hopefully you'll find out that the dude had 300 outstanding parking tickets or 15 pounds of weed in his house. quite literally anything would be better than to find out a friend is a murderer.

Hopefully it is about weed and it's just a coincidence, I doubt it though.

I didn't know him that well 11 years ago, but my brother did and he does say he kind of changed.

I just creeps me out that I've been in his house with him, alone, fixing his computer or something.

Zombie-A-GoGo
08-Jun-2006, 03:17 PM
Is your friend 33 years old?

LoSTBoY
08-Jun-2006, 04:53 PM
Is your friend 33 years old?

He was 20 when the murder happened, and it's been...12 years. I'm thinking he may have had his birthday recently, which would make him 33.

My brother knows his better than me probably, they are about the same age. He definetly knew him better 12 years ago, I just knew 'of him' like most of my brothers mates.

I haven't really seen him around for ages, but there was one time I would go over to his house and help him with his computer reguarly.

Dawg
08-Jun-2006, 06:18 PM
According to the BBC site, the murderer's name is: William Arthurs. Is this the name of your brother's friend? Also it said he was from Kirkliston. Is this were you live?

:dead: Dawg

LoSTBoY
08-Jun-2006, 08:11 PM
According to the BBC site, the murderer's name is: William Arthurs. Is this the name of your brother's friend? Also it said he was from Kirkliston. Is this were you live?

Yep and yep.

William Arthurs, A.K.A Billy Arthurs, A.K.A 'Buff'

Lives(lived) right across from me.

The guys real age is 35, got that from my brother.

Want me to post a google map link to where we live and where the murder was?

EvilNed
08-Jun-2006, 09:02 PM
Is he already convicted? If he's not, why are the publishing his name?

MinionZombie
08-Jun-2006, 09:13 PM
Daaaaaaaamn, that must be well freaky. You helped him with computer problems and the guy was a nutter ... :eek:. Like they say, it's always the quiet ones, which just makes it all the more "WTF!?" when something like that comes out.

*shudders*

I hope nobody I know is a murderer or similar...:rockbrow:

Zombie-A-GoGo
08-Jun-2006, 09:38 PM
Is there a motive yet for the killing?

LoSTBoY
09-Jun-2006, 11:27 AM
Is there a motive yet for the killing?

None that I know of.

Here is a better link with video footage of the report on the local news.

Scotland Today (http://scotlandtoday.scottishtv.co.uk/content/default.asp?page=s1_1_1&newsid=11799&newsType=)

Just in case they release a photo, I can tell you he is skinny with a bulbous head (Nephew nicknamed him Balloon head). Doesn't look disimilar to the guy he murdered. Also got a lump on the side of his head where a tumor was taken out.

Also, I think he is 33, it was Higgins who was 35.

prettycorpses
09-Jun-2006, 12:46 PM
I grew up with druggies, rapists, paedophiles, murders etc...the other year someone I knew since nursery killed a girl on new year(Rachel Moran)...again like many he was so quiet and wouldnt hurt anyone! how people change!

Dawg
10-Jun-2006, 03:56 PM
Is he already convicted? If he's not, why are the publishing his name?

Honestly, that is how are f**king Justice System works in the states at least. They will publish your name, drag you through the mud and you aren't even proven guilty yet!

Anyone remember that Ricard Jewel guy who was the security guard who found the one package at the Atlanta Olympic Games in 1996 who the FBI declared was the suspect before he was even charged?! He sued and made moolah amount I believe.

EvilNed
10-Jun-2006, 04:01 PM
Honestly, that is how are f**king Justice System works in the states at least. They will publish your name, drag you through the mud and you aren't even proven guilty yet!

That sucks ass. In Sweden, there's a law against that. When Mijailo Mijailovich murdered our Foreign Minister, his name or face wasn't published until he admitted to the crime. Even so, there was another suspect before Mijailo who's family was questioned and such, and afterwards when it was realized that he had nothing to do with it, he got a handsome check of money from the goverment for all the inconvenience.

Publishing someones name in Sweden before they were convicted would end up in the complete bankruptcy of the magazine that did it.

kortick
10-Jun-2006, 09:30 PM
that is pretty unsettling to say the least

at least the people i know who have killed
everyone knew they were wackos

it is scary when you have no idea that
person is like that

LoSTBoY
11-Jun-2006, 01:00 AM
at least the people i know who have killed
everyone knew they were wackos

Whish I could say that...:shifty:

Publius
13-Jun-2006, 09:39 AM

Something similar happened with my brother's friend. When we were kids some of the best friends of my brothers and I (three of us) were these three other brothers who were the same ages. My one brother and his friend were great friends from about 10-13. Nice kids, real quiet, well-mannered and everything. Then a couple years later we hear that my brother's friend, at age 15, was in a boarding school for troubled kids where he ended up smacking another kid in the head with a brick and slitting his throat. Turns out he and another kid had a plan to find a gun, take over the school, kill the staff, form a cult and turn the female students into sex slaves or something. Now he's in prison for life without parole *plus* fifty years.