PDA

View Full Version : La Horde

Ghost Of War
10-Jul-2010, 02:01 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183276/

Just watched this little French film, more infected olympic screechers ala 28 Days Later than zombies, but it was an ok flick. Kind of a cross between Rec and Dawn '04, silly as fuck in places, but an ok way to waste an hour and a half. Anyone else seen this? It's not brilliant, but it's not bad, either.

paranoid101
10-Jul-2010, 05:02 PM
Not heard of it before but I might give it a go tbh

Thanks for the link.

Ghost Of War
10-Jul-2010, 06:14 PM
Be warned, if you're completely anti-runner, I'd steer well clear. I will say, though, it's got one of the best head shots I've seen.

paranoid101
10-Jul-2010, 06:32 PM
Don't mind running zombie or infected, like shamblers better, but no hatred for their speedy cousins

clanglee
11-Jul-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, it was alright. Just mindless fun. But I really couldn't get past the fact that, even though they knew that the only way a zombie would go down was with a shot to the head, they NEVER SHOT THE DAMN HEAD!!!

paranoid101
12-Jul-2010, 03:01 AM
Thanks for putting me onto that film, it was Bloody (pun intended) good fun.

It was almost like a companion piece to (dare I say it on these forums) Dawn 04, same kind of zombies, It wouldn't be hard to almost say it was what was happening in France at the the time of Dawn 04.

The scene in the underground garage with one of the people standing on top of the car surrounded by the horde could have been taken straight out of the Dead Rising game.

Do agree what was said about the cast not aiming for the head enough, can only think its was a parallel universe where zombies films were never made.

Please give this movie a try, don't be put off by the running zombies or me comparing it to Dawn 04, its a really enjoyable zombie film.

A solid 7/10 from me.

Ghost Of War
12-Jul-2010, 07:28 AM
Yeah, it was alright. Just mindless fun. But I really couldn't get past the fact that, even though they knew that the only way a zombie would go down was with a shot to the head, they NEVER SHOT THE DAMN HEAD!!!

Yeah, that kinda pissed me off too.

Boogiedowndead
07-Sep-2010, 01:35 AM
Awesome zombie flick

Just watched it on demand

Now I want a Blu-Ray/DVD lol

soulsyfn
07-Sep-2010, 04:20 PM
Damn it I cant find it over here... its not out on netflix and amazon doesnt have it. I must find it!

clanglee
07-Sep-2010, 08:03 PM
Damn it I cant find it over here... its not out on netflix and amazon doesnt have it. I must find it!

I um. . . .ahem. . . aquired it. . . . .you could too. . .if you are so inclined.

soulsyfn
08-Sep-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah I typically do that... but lately I have been been trying to support movies that I would like by purchasing it or netflixing (is that even a word) it.

But I wouldnt mind a PM...

I will just have to purchase it at a later date.

I just hope Hollywood doesnt redo it with Shia Lebouf and release it before the original comes out here.

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2010, 02:53 PM
I um. . . .ahem. . . aquired it. . . . .you could too. . .if you are so inclined.

The makers of La Horde fart in your general direction, Monsieur!

http://poietes.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/french-knights1.jpg
:D