PDA

View Full Version : pontypool

Sammich
10-Jul-2010, 08:02 PM
ce qui la baise? avez-vous vu ce film?

JDFP
10-Jul-2010, 08:33 PM
ce qui la baise? avez-vous vu ce film?

Okay, Sam, I have to give you kudos on this one. Based upon the subject of the film this was a witty comment asking about it. :)

I have seen it and I wasn't terribly impressed. The first half of it is really good but I felt the second half really ruined it by going somewhere really silly with something that could have been a much sharper and interesting/entertaining story.

j.p.

Sammich
11-Jul-2010, 12:25 AM
I thought it was a bollywood movie from the title.

Eyebiter
11-Jul-2010, 12:58 AM
Story started off fairly decent but I got bored with it 1/3 of the way through.

Actors did a good job considering it was a low budget picture. Wish they could have done more with it, rather than staying in a single location through the whole film.

Sammich
11-Jul-2010, 02:15 AM
I think the social commentary of the movie was a swipe at the non-quebec canadians who are considered as having no national identity and just mere lemmings that parrot the u.s. If you spoke only french then you were most likely quebec and were not subject to the pandemic culture of violence and brutalization that is so commonplace in the states.

JonOfTheShred
11-Jul-2010, 06:01 PM
Witty post, although I didn't bother to translate it.

I rather liked Pontypool. That main actor is hilarious, there was two good looking girls for eye-candy (a cougar and a younger lady) and I enjoyed the 'use your imagination' phone calls that kept coming in. Also, really loved the way the zombie plague was spread, and the creepiness of hordes all repeating what you say. (Awesome!) Also thought the way people start to turn into zombies was pretty awesome too. The insanity brought about by two words sharing similarities...

Similar insanity? The insanity of similarities? Similarity insanity!