PDA

View Full Version : Zombies crash on I-84, cause confusion

LouCipherr
12-Jul-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.kgw.com/news/Car-accident-victims-dressed-like-zombies-confuse-crash-witnesses-98157894.html

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A car full of people dressed as zombies crashed on Interstate 84 near downtown Portland on Friday, causing initial confusion by people who witnessed the crash.

Portland Police said the car was swerving in the eastbound lanes of the freeway just east of the Lloyd District just after 9:30 p.m. when it rolled over and crashed onto its top.

Emergency crews took five victims from the crash to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.

Police said that in their investigation they learned that the people inside the car were dressed as zombie costumes and they were headed to a party at the time of the crash.

Sgt. Greg Stewart said people who witnessed the crash initially thought the victims' injuries were much more serious, because of the zombie costumes.

"We're glad that everyone is alive, despite being 'undead'," Sgt. Stewart said, referring to the costumes.

While everyone in the car was taken to the hospital, Stewart said crews are investigating the possibility that more people were in the car at the time of the crash but fled the scene on foot.

The crash halted traffic in the eastbound lanes for about an hour, reducing travel to just one lane. All eastbound lanes were opened at around 11 p.m

BillyRay
12-Jul-2010, 02:35 PM
It seems like it's only a matter of time before somebody gets headshot...

JDFP
12-Jul-2010, 03:26 PM
I dunno about headshots, but I'd say that MANY people have been hurt (and some probably pretty badly) for scaring other people too badly and thus having their asses kicked.

When I was little (around 5 or 6) my cousins were over to visit/hang out (my oldest cousin, Dewayne, was about 9) and we were playing Nintendo in my room (oh yeah, the original, none of this newfangled stuff). Dad thought it would be a funny idea to scare us into mortal fear by putting on a workman's outfit and Jason Voorhee's hockey mask (looking ALMOST exactly like him) and come running into my room.

Of course, I started crying like a baby (I was only 5 or 6) along with my younger cousins but Dewayne (being a little older) responded with his fists out of fear. He gave my dad a hell of a shiner on his arm before dad could calm us down by removing his mask. :)

My dad used to do little things like this all the time when we were little to scare us all. After this event though he never went quite that far again though. :cool:

(On a side note: I always thought it would be fun to show someone Romero's zombie films that has never seen them and then late at night dress up as a zombie and go out to their bedroom window outside and start scratching at it until they look just for their reaction -- knowing my luck I'd probably be shot at).

j.p.

LouCipherr
12-Jul-2010, 07:23 PM
It seems like it's only a matter of time before somebody gets headshot...

I know - can you imagine the confusion when the ambulance shows up and they're trying to figure out who's hurt and in what ways?

"JIM! Get over here! This one has a HUGE gash on his face - but this one over here is missing his eye and looks like he's got leprosy! WHAT DO WE DO?!" :lol: Confusion and fun ensue.

JD - your dad sounds like mine. He'd pull that kind of shit on me all the time just to see if he could get me to crap my pants I guess. Came close a few times, but no cigar! :lol: