PDA

View Full Version : Harvey Pekar Dead at 70.

BillyRay
12-Jul-2010, 05:34 PM
Harvey Pekar, creator of American Splendor, is dead.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/12/AR2010071202413.html

One of the great Misanthropes of our time.

He will be missed.

Mr.G
12-Jul-2010, 05:53 PM
Great man and author. American Splendor is a great film. RIP...

Danny
12-Jul-2010, 06:04 PM
The man was a legend and american splendor was the shit, both comics and movie wise. im gonna read some of the issues ive got otnight and then watch the movie.

-currently there are 3 trending topics on twitter about Harveys death. and all the trendies are whining that its knocked hanna montana and twilight off the most tweeted top ten.
Yeah, Harvey beat twilight. more power to him.:lol:

BillyRay
12-Jul-2010, 06:18 PM
Now maybe Cleveland will forget about LaBron James, and moarn a REAL loss to their city...

Yojimbo
12-Jul-2010, 06:37 PM
Sad to hear that Harvey Pekar has passed. He was a unique fellow and hilarious. Worth 10 times more than Le Bron. Harvey Pekar RIP!

Yojimbo
06-Aug-2010, 07:58 AM
If you are on Facebook and are a Harvey Pekar fan, please visit the "Harvey Pekar Tribute" page on Facebook which my wife put together.

I never have never posted spam before, so forgive me in advance for this transgression, but I know that a lot of my fellow members here are Pekar fans so I hope that you will check out the page, linked here

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harvey-Pekar-Tribute/144279005587670

It's not as if she or I stand to make money if you look at the page, but you can feel free to post there if you want.

Also, if you would like to donate money to Pekar's widow to help her defray the funeral costs, please PayPal her at:

hpekar@aol.com

Thanks folks, and sorry in advance for the spammy nature of my post.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Aug-2010, 01:24 PM
If you are on Facebook and are a Harvey Pekar fan, please visit the "Harvey Pekar Tribute" page on Facebook which my wife put together.

I never have never posted spam before, so forgive me in advance for this transgression, but I know that a lot of my fellow members here are Pekar fans so I hope that you will check out the page, linked here

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harvey-Pekar-Tribute/144279005587670

It's not as if she or I stand to make money if you look at the page, but you can feel free to post there if you want.

Also, if you would like to donate money to Pekar's widow to help her defray the funeral costs, please PayPal her at:

hpekar@aol.com

Thanks folks, and sorry in advance for the spammy nature of my post.

Your wife put that page together? I joined it 2-3 weeks ago when it was pretty new. Spent a few hours the other night roaming through posts when I couldn't sleep from a coughing hacking attack at 2am.

AcesandEights
06-Aug-2010, 03:45 PM
Your wife put that page together? I joined it 2-3 weeks ago when it was pretty new. Spent a few hours the other night roaming through posts when I couldn't sleep from a coughing hacking attack at 2am.

Yeah, I also joined a little while back and then last week saw you guys were active on it.

MikePizzoff
07-Aug-2010, 11:33 AM
This guy had some classic moments on Letterman. Most are viewable on YouTube.

rongravy
07-Aug-2010, 02:04 PM

That's where I recognized the name. Funny clips...

Yojimbo
08-Aug-2010, 06:27 PM

My wife and I have been big fans of Harvey Pekar for a long while, and it was really sad to hear that he passed - almost as if we lost a family member - so my wife put that page together. Thanks for visiting there, brother Gary! BTW: Hope that cough has tapered down and your feeling better!

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Yeah, I also joined a little while back and then last week saw you guys were active on it.
Hope it grooved with you, brother. thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Those clips are hilarious. Pekar actually keeps up with letterman, shooting him back every time. My wife culled a few of those clips for the tribute page - gotta admit that I hadn't seen most of those before YouTube!

Thanks, Brother Mike!