PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010 Thread

Minerva_Zombi
14-Jul-2010, 05:22 AM
I'm bored...

Division Winners and Wildcard teams :

AFC

West : Raiders (With a Quarterback now, I see Oakland making some pretty big strides)
North : Ravens (Solid Defense and improving offense will beat out Cincy very narrowly)
East : Dolphins (With off season additions, this will be a very dangerous team. But it all depends on Chad Henne)
South : Colts (No Super Bowl hangover. But they won't be as dominant as last year.)

WILDCARD TEAMS
1. Titans (They'll finish a solid 10-6 and will be a force in winter conditions with a GREAT running game and much improved defense.)
2. Patriots (Never count out Brady and the Pats. Up and Down Season but in the end will make a wildcard birth)

NFC
West : 49ers (They seem to be set to make a run. Will Alex Smith finally show up?)
North : Packers (Second year to improve on the 2nd ranked defense and a solid O-Line for A-Rod. The Packers are sure Super Bowl contenders.)
East : Cowboys (All the tools are in place. It is time for Dallas to make a run.)
South : Falcons (Saints suffer hangover and Falcons move past them to take the South)

WILDCARD TEAMS
1. Vikings (Not division champs, but only 1 game behind Green Bay. Vikes are in with a solid 10-6 or 11-5 record)
2. Saints (Suffer the hangover but are still a good enough team to make the playoffs and defend the title)

What do you guys think?

SRP76
14-Jul-2010, 06:16 AM
Bah. Dolphins ain't doing shit.

AFC:
Patriots
Colts
Bengals
Chargers
- Ravens
- Broncos

NFC:
Cowboys
Vikings
Saints
49ers
- Cardinals
- Redskins

As for who wins the tournaments, can't tell you. But I expect those 12 teams to be there.

Minerva_Zombi
15-Jul-2010, 04:25 AM
Bah. Dolphins ain't doing shit.

AFC:
Patriots
Colts
Bengals
Chargers
- Ravens
- Broncos

NFC:
Cowboys
Vikings
Saints
49ers
- Cardinals
- Redskins

As for who wins the tournaments, can't tell you. But I expect those 12 teams to be there.

Okay, I cant agree with you on Arizona. They lost WAY more than they realize. And Washington will be much better but they are still 3rd or 4th in the division.

SRP76
15-Jul-2010, 04:33 AM
Okay, I cant agree with you on Arizona. They lost WAY more than they realize. And Washington will be much better but they are still 3rd or 4th in the division.

Schedule. Arizona and Washington will be going down a much softer road than teams like, say, Green Bay or New York. Especially the Redskins, with their last-place schedule. In the end, it's not which team is necessarily better, but who has piled up more wins.

rongravy
15-Jul-2010, 04:57 AM
Watch out for the Chiefs. The rest of the pieces fell into place in KC, coaching staff-wise?
Only time will tell, and admittedly I'm superbiased. I saw someone put the Raiders to win the division. Balderdash. Chiefs will win the division, and if they don't get caught up in the media this time, they will at least make it to the final. They were on the verge of greatness last year, and I think they will find it alot easier this go round...
All I can say is that if they'd went to the dark side instead of Seattle, they'd probably be in the Superbowl yearly as the NFC is always weak as shit...

SRP76
15-Jul-2010, 06:05 AM
I don't see how the Raiders or Chiefs are going to even stay on the field with San Diego, say nothing about win more games than them.

I'm hoping the Raiders go 0-16, for that draft pick New England will be getting from them. Nothing personal.

major jay
15-Jul-2010, 09:43 AM
Training camps start next week! It's sure been a rough off season for the Steelers.(that's my team!) With Big Ben getting busted trolling college bars for easy prey, Santonio getting busted again for smoking the hippie lettuce (then getting cut), and Willie Colon blowing out his achilles tendon. But I think it's still going to be a good season. Why? They drafted two more linebackers this year and then signed back Larry Foote from the Lions and that's what the Steelers are really all about DEFENSE. More specifically linebackers that can blitz the hell out of the quarterback.
Ahh, I love the fall!

Minerva_Zombi
15-Jul-2010, 06:17 PM
You can't really go by who has the "Easy" Schedule because we dont really know who is going to be good or bad this early in the year.

And I do think the Chiefs can win 7 maybe 8 games this year, but they'll still fall short.

But as for why I like Oakland over San Diego, I think Chargers have lost some critical pieces and the whole Vincent Jackson/Marcus McNeil thing isn't really helping matters. I just think Oakland has potential to really surprise alot of people this year. I think The running game will be solid. They obviously upgraded at Quarterback. And The defense will step up and be a top 10 D.

rongravy
15-Jul-2010, 08:40 PM
And I do think the Chiefs can win 7 maybe 8 games this year, but they'll still fall short.
D.
Fall short of the Superbowl, maybe...

I don't see how the Raiders or Chiefs are going to even stay on the field with San Diego, say nothing about win more games than them.

I'm hoping the Raiders go 0-16, for that draft pick New England will be getting from them. Nothing personal.
The Chiefs will surprise everyone. They were on the cusp of something big, then he, the coach, shitcanned his offensive caller.
All but a couple games were close as fuck. They even buttraped the Champs.
San Diego? Nahhhhhhhhhhh...

major jay
15-Jul-2010, 09:36 PM
The Chiefs will surprise everyone. They were on the cusp of something big, then he, the coach, shitcanned his offensive caller.
All but a couple games were close as fuck. They even buttraped the Champs.
San Diego? Nahhhhhhhhhhh...

I'll say this, usually teams that do a huge overhaul of there organizations don't have any real success till the 2nd or 3rd year in, so this year should tell a lot.

SRP76
15-Jul-2010, 10:22 PM
I think Denver's a lot closer than Oakland or KC. Defense. Way more important than offense. And if their defense improves as much between '09 and '10 as it did between '08 and '09, look out. That drastic an upgrade probably won't happen, but even a small improvement will make them incredibly tough to score against.

BillyRay
16-Jul-2010, 02:07 PM
GO PACK.

That is all.

major jay
16-Jul-2010, 07:03 PM
I think Denver's a lot closer than Oakland or KC. Defense. Way more important than offense.

Don't forget they drafted the Golden Boy!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/tcrine_photos/superman.jpg

SRP76
16-Jul-2010, 09:12 PM
Ohhhhh. I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan. I could get all wound up on Teabag if I had to.

But, the system Josh McDaniels brings from New England is the best chance for him to succeed in. Lots of shotgun, spread the defense out, lot of motion. It's not that far from what he had in college.

Only problem is, the system may fit, but he doesn't have a good QB in front of him to learn from. Now if he were actually in New England, hanging with Tom Brady, he could turn into something dangerous. But he's not going to have that in Denver.

major jay
16-Jul-2010, 11:01 PM
But, the system Josh McDaniels brings from New England is the best chance for him to succeed in. Lots of shotgun, spread the defense out, lot of motion. It's not that far from what he had in college.

But he has no arm.

Minerva_Zombi
17-Jul-2010, 03:51 PM
Don't forget they drafted the Golden Boy!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/tcrine_photos/superman.jpg

Tebow will a Goal line Gimmick if anything. If you remember, Pat White could run circles around Tebow in college. And that hasn't translated to the NFL at all.

rongravy
08-Aug-2010, 05:09 PM
Daamnnnn...
I just saw the Chiefs schedule.
If they can't wrap up the division, they don't deserve to even be suited up...
Other than Indy on the road, and Denver at home, it looks to be easy pickin's...

SRP76
08-Aug-2010, 05:38 PM
FOOTBALL IS FINALLY BACK!!!

Tonight, 8PM, Bengals and Cowboys. Can't wait. It's been a loooooooooooong 6 months.

I enjoyed the HOF inductions last night. Emmitt's speech was greatness. And I watched on NFL Network, so they had Emmitt and Jerry Rice on the set afterward along with Irvin, Jerry Jones, and DeBartolo. Good stuff.

rongravy
31-Oct-2010, 12:41 AM
What a good time to bring this thread back up and see where we stand today.
My Chiefs are surprising everybody. The losses they had were lost at the end pretty much, so they could have easily went 6-0 by now.
I'm predicting a pretty tough beating of Buffalo tomorrow with their double headed rushing attack. It's not going to be pretty.
Only Oakland seems to be hanging on to our tails so far in our division still, and we are going to meet up with them soon enough.
Things seem to be looking up this year, hope nothing bad happens along the way. I'm also glad to see Favre eating it regularly. Green Bay took care of them well enough. Now he's got broken bones in his ankle or something? And Romo is pretty much out for the season?
Ha!