View Full Version : Gimme a make over!

DEAD BEAT
15-Jul-2010, 03:41 PM
We all know by now that flicks such as Dawn of the Dead should never have been touched for remakes....but there are some out there that can easily be done better due to the failure of the original!

Case in point just saw "THE CRAZIES" remake great job and the movie sure as hell needed that!

ill start "Hard Rock Zombies"...cool movie but a lot of cheese. Great story idea that yet has been done today i think that one revamped could really do something.

I mean Rock & Zombies match made in heaven i think....what do you guys think?:rockbrow:

JDFP
15-Jul-2010, 03:48 PM
ill start "Hard Rock Zombies"...cool movie but a lot of cheese. Great story idea that yet has been done today i think that one revamped could really do something.

I mean Rock & Zombies match made in heaven i think....what do you guys think?:rockbrow:

Rock is dead -- unless you're going to return back in time 20 years when Rock still existed as a musical form that was played/performed/created or set the film 20 years ago I don't see how this could work.

j.p.

BillyRay
15-Jul-2010, 04:08 PM
I have to >gasp< agree with JP on this one.

I think Rock may have officially died with the Sex Pistols had that reunion tour in the '90's.

I also agree (with the Kids in the Hall) that it started dying around the release of the first Bad Company albuum.

JDFP
15-Jul-2010, 04:17 PM
I have to >gasp< agree with JP on this one.

I think Rock may have officially died with the Sex Pistols had that reunion tour in the '90's.

I also agree (with the Kids in the Hall) that it started dying around the release of the first Bad Company albuum.

What? Someone agreeing with something I say? :stunned:

I'm like the guy in the milk commercial with all the chocolate chip cookies and empty milk boxes in the 'fridge: "Wait? Where am I?" :cool:

j.p.

DEAD BEAT
15-Jul-2010, 04:41 PM
you dudes missed the point there are still bands and music on this planet right?
Im just saying the concept of a band dying and coming band for revenge!

besides that's my movie opinion...i had originally asked what flicks you think that can be done better than the original!:moon:

you know Zombi was a close contender to becoming as well known as Dawn but lacked something the first time around that could be done better today!:cool:

and for the record rock isn't dead...it's just taken a vacation!

BillyRay
15-Jul-2010, 04:50 PM
Look, I see your Benny Hill pic and all's I can think of is running zombies to the tune of "Yakkity Sax"...

fulci fan
15-Jul-2010, 06:02 PM
If you make it silly, no one will take it seriously.

krakenslayer
15-Jul-2010, 10:20 PM
The problem with a Zombi/Zombie 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters remake is that it would have running screaming rage-infected zeds, Tisa Farrow and Auretta Gay would be replaced by sassy, sunbed-tanned clones who do karate, Al Cliver would be replaced by a goofy Seann William Scott-knockoff who complete with dick jokes for comic relief, Ian McCulloch would be replaced by an 18 year old with pointy cheekbones and no bald patch, at least one of them would have to do an impossible slow motion backflip between two moving vehicles while blasting zombies with a shotgun, the shark would be CGI, and the whole thing would be in 3D.

MikePizzoff
15-Jul-2010, 11:06 PM
Funny you mention Hard Rock Zombies as I used to have it on DVD years ago. Two nights ago I was in the super market and spotted a zombie DVD for $1.99 - on the DVD is NOTLD, Revolt Of The Zombies, and Hard Rock Zombies. Naturally, I snatched that up.

Despite how terrible it is - I love the shit out of it.

DEAD BEAT
15-Jul-2010, 11:23 PM
Funny you mention Hard Rock Zombies as I used to have it on DVD years ago. Two nights ago I was in the super market and spotted a zombie DVD for $1.99 - on the DVD is NOTLD, Revolt Of The Zombies, and Hard Rock Zombies. Naturally, I snatched that up.

Despite how terrible it is - I love the shit out of it.

ha! that's the one i have! i don't know if ive ever seen it by itself....i did have it for vhs!

Interesting foot note you wanna hear something funny? The lead zombie actor in the movie plays bass for a No Doubt cover band here in Los Angeles...there called No Duh! google them up he looks completely different now!:lol::eek:

MikePizzoff
17-Jul-2010, 06:06 PM
Funny about the No Doubt cover band - you never would have guessed.

As for Hard Rock Zombies being a stand-alone DVD, that's how I originally owned it. You can find it for around $4 usually. However, where ever I look online, it's over $10. Just keep your eyes open.

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2010, 01:08 AM
The problem with a Zombi/Zombie 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters remake is that it would have running screaming rage-infected zeds, Tisa Farrow and Auretta Gay would be replaced by sassy, sunbed-tanned clones who do karate, Al Cliver would be replaced by a goofy Seann William Scott-knockoff who complete with dick jokes for comic relief, Ian McCulloch would be replaced by an 18 year old with pointy cheekbones and no bald patch, at least one of them would have to do an impossible slow motion backflip between two moving vehicles while blasting zombies with a shotgun, the shark would be CGI, and the whole thing would be in 3D.

Right on Kraken! Perfect Zac Effron vehicle.