PDA

View Full Version : Going Out of Business Raid

SRP76
16-Jul-2010, 09:42 PM
I just took part in one at a Hollywood Video store. My first DVD purchases in about 2 years. Not bad; 10 flicks for $20.

Well, I nabbed both Day '08 and Contagium. I've never seen either one, but I've obviously heard the horror stories.

To prove I'm a real man, I plan on watching both of them, back-to-back, no break. Will I go the distance? Or will these movies beat me into submission?

Wish me luck...

clanglee
16-Jul-2010, 09:44 PM
If you must . .. . . . . . fare thee well my friend. . . . . . .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hKw3rtMC0Zw/Si_dw0UyPHI/AAAAAAAAAKE/Sl6tZBpzdEU/s400/mistake.jpg

JDFP
16-Jul-2010, 09:50 PM
I just took part in one at a Hollywood Video store. My first DVD purchases in about 2 years. Not bad; 10 flicks for $20.

Well, I nabbed both Day '08 and Contagium. I've never seen either one, but I've obviously heard the horror stories.

To prove I'm a real man, I plan on watching both of them, back-to-back, no break. Will I go the distance? Or will these movies beat me into submission?

Wish me luck...

I wonder if Cockbusters will have a great sale like this when they bite the bullet here in the next few years. I'm hoping so as I'd love to get a great deal like this and there isn't a Hollywood going out of business around me. :)

j.p.

DEAD BEAT
16-Jul-2010, 10:10 PM

Wish me luck...

Day '08 i'd keep for a good laugh and watch it stoned!:stunned:

Contagium? well the world needs toliet paper too!;):moon:

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I wonder if Cockbusters will have a great sale like this when they bite the bullet here in the next few years. I'm hoping so as I'd love to get a great deal like this and there isn't a Hollywood going out of business around me. :)

j.p.

it would serve them right for all the late fee's they use to dick people around with in the past b4 they lost there power!:annoyed:

ProfessorChaos
16-Jul-2010, 10:15 PM
cuntagium sucks total ass, won't see ghey08. good luck, srp. may the force be with you.

LouCipherr
16-Jul-2010, 10:19 PM
Well, I'll say this... I hated both, but I could watch Day08 again (stoned was a great idea DB.. :lol:) whereas Contagium? No thanks.

Glad to see you're taking one for the team. Good luck! :D

bassman
16-Jul-2010, 10:21 PM
Day08 is great if you're into shitty movies for fun. I've had a lot of fun with it.

Sammich
16-Jul-2010, 10:28 PM
Cockbuster and Rat Shack are not expected to make it through 2011. Economy is going to shit. Wait until the tax cuts expire at the end of the year. It will destroy what is left of the middle class and it will go into a free fall.

Buy long term storage food, guns, ammo and if you can afford it silver and gold. That is all that will matter soon.

Mr.G
16-Jul-2010, 10:42 PM
Cockbuster and Rat Shack are not expected to make it through 2011. Economy is going to shit. Wait until the tax cuts expire at the end of the year. It will destroy what is left of the middle class and it will go into a free fall.

Buy long term storage food, guns, ammo and if you can afford it silver and gold. That is all that will matter soon.

And the sunshine poster of the day goes to......SAMMICH ;););)

ProfessorChaos
16-Jul-2010, 10:43 PM
more words of wisdom from sammich the doomsayer.

DEAD BEAT
16-Jul-2010, 11:30 PM
other uses for Contagium are as follows:

1.) toilet paper (my fav)
2.) drink coaster
3.) skeet shooting disc (if you play that)
4.) engagement ring (if your a cheap motha fucka)
5.) cock ring (if u suffer from lil dick syndrome)
6.) nipple ornaments for a stripper
7.) use the box 4 a better movie
8.) dog shit scooper
9.) a gift (4 someone you hate)
10.) cocaine mirror

:D

Rancid Carcass
17-Jul-2010, 12:30 AM
In fact Contagium is so bad if BP had used it to try and stem the flow of oil in to the Gulf of Mexico the damn thing would have been gushing for centuries.

When the Earth spits out the dead indeed...

:D

blind2d
17-Jul-2010, 12:38 AM
Hey now! Wait just one minute here! I liked Contagium!
I mean, where else can you see such a blatant example of a movie that laughs at itself right from the beginning straight on until the very end? It's got everything! Action, drama, romance, drugs, the insane, zombies, Franken-hoes, blood, guts, mysterious births, a cast of tens, and alien/Russian technology that makes no fucking sense! Much better than Returnotld, imo.
Wow, unscramble that last sentence, and win a cookie.

SRP76
17-Jul-2010, 07:40 AM
Well, I did it. I got through both of them.

I watched Day '08 first. Big mistake. Contagium was much, much worse. Should have taken that hard uppercut of a movie first, then coasted through the jabs and straights of Day '08.

As it is, I feel like I'm dying. My shitty movie gland has swollen to an unsafe size.

And for the record, I call into question the "fact" that Contagium is a zombie movie at all. These are alien parasite things or some shit, not zombies. Or at least, not full-blooded zombies.

Wrong Number
17-Jul-2010, 10:08 AM

I watched Day '08 first. Big mistake. Contagium was much, much worse. Should have taken that hard uppercut of a movie first, then coasted through the jabs and straights of Day '08.

As it is, I feel like I'm dying. My shitty movie gland has swollen to an unsafe size.

And for the record, I call into question the "fact" that Contagium is a zombie movie at all. These are alien parasite things or some shit, not zombies. Or at least, not full-blooded zombies.

Contagium was just painful and dull to watch, even worse than Children of the Living Dead (and that's saying something!). Day "08 was bad to be sure, but at least watchable.

WN

fartpants
17-Jul-2010, 01:24 PM

oh mate....sooo many of us warned you but you still had to watch them
hope you now realise you have to get your d.v.d player exorcised to remove all traces of these awful name rapes :elol::elol:

SRP76
18-Jul-2010, 12:38 AM
I did also snag Land in this haul, so I didn't go totally "namerape" with all my selections. Though it's shitty by Romero standards, it's much better than almost every non-Romero zombie movie.

I think I just found the secret to enjoying Land. Watch those other two first, then Land looks like one of the greatest movies ever made by comparison.

Unfortunately, any copies of Night, Dawn, or Day were all scavenged from the store before I got there. I looked for them, but I guess this sale's been going on for about a week or more.

Trin
18-Jul-2010, 02:12 PM
As it is, I feel like I'm dying. My shitty movie gland has swollen to an unsafe size.I hope you die and come back as a zombie and then do what you did in life over and over again like the zombies in Survival. Which for you would be to watch those two movies over and over again. rofl

EDukes
19-Jul-2010, 07:48 AM

You better stocking up on something like Deodorant. When people start looting, they'll go for expensive shit, and edible shit. Two weeks later an item like deodorant will be a great bargining tool, because it'll remind the person you're bargining with of a world before the horror.

Did the Hollywood sale just start for you? The one near my place lasted about 2 months. The Hollywood employees said that the prices where expect to drop dramaticlly each week so that they could get rid of inventory, but I barley notice any significant change in price. Month one regular movies where 3 for $20. A month later they were 3 for $17.

Skippy911sc
19-Jul-2010, 01:48 PM

Glenn is that you?

AcesandEights
19-Jul-2010, 02:38 PM
Glenn is that you?

:lol: Sorry but that started my Monday of perfectly! Thanks for the laugh, Skippy.

DEAD BEAT
19-Jul-2010, 03:45 PM
I did also snag Land in this haul, so I didn't go totally "namerape" with all my selections. Though it's shitty by Romero standards, it's much better than almost every non-Romero zombie movie.

I think I just found the secret to enjoying Land. Watch those other two first, then Land looks like one of the greatest movies ever made by comparison.

Unfortunately, any copies of Night, Dawn, or Day were all scavenged from the store before I got there. I looked for them, but I guess this sale's been going on for about a week or more.

im surprised you lived through that! lol that flick has the Medusa effect...."don't look at it, don't look at it!" lol:eek::stunned::dead:

acealive1
19-Jul-2010, 07:27 PM
Contagium was just painful and dull to watch, even worse than Children of the Living Dead (and that's saying something!). Day "08 was bad to be sure, but at least watchable.

WN

whats funny is i took contagium way more serious that day 08. even with all those stars, it stunk

DEAD BEAT
19-Jul-2010, 08:27 PM
whats funny is i took contagium way more serious that day 08. even with all those stars, it stunk

i don't know dude i wouldn't exactly call that an all star cast!:rockbrow::confused:

Ving "im in way too many zombie flicks Rhames & Nick "we couldn't get anybody else" Cannon?

krakenslayer
19-Jul-2010, 08:29 PM
One after the other!? :eek:

Jesus, you're a braver man than I, SRP. A hero! :eek:

DeadJonas190
21-Jul-2010, 08:49 AM
Did the Hollywood sale just start for you? The one near my place lasted about 2 months. The Hollywood employees said that the prices where expect to drop dramaticlly each week so that they could get rid of inventory, but I barley notice any significant change in price. Month one regular movies where 3 for $20. A month later they were 3 for $17.

I had 5 of them within 5 miles of me go out of business in February and they all went fast. By the last week the sales were 5 dvds for $10 and 3 blu ray for $20 and then that was it.

I picked up a few dvds, but there was not much of a selection.

As for Blockbuster, they aren't going out of business any time soon, they are pretty much all that is left and there are a ton of people who will not use the extremely limited selection at a red box and do not like ordering dvds online then having to wait 2-7 days to get them. If anything, bankruptcy would come first and they are not as bad off as Yahoo has been reporting for the past 2 years.

As for SRP, I give you respect for being able to sit through that garbage back to back.

Mike70
21-Jul-2010, 11:58 AM
And the sunshine poster of the day goes to......SAMMICH ;););)

sammich appears to have gone mentally pear shaped.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jul-2010, 12:33 PM
Well now you know what most of us went through 5 years ago when it came out on DVD.

Day08 is watchable... barely. Contagium... Christ... To this day i can't erase that from my memory.

Thorn
21-Jul-2010, 02:44 PM

Wish me luck...

I have been doing the same thing, basically gobbling up crappy zombie flicks for a pittance. I would never be able to justify full price but 2-3 bucks. Why the hell not.