PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't the smell in the Monroevillle Mall have been unbearable?

JDFP
17-Jul-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah, so last night I was trying to sleep at 3 a.m. (insomnia) and the thought came to me (because yes, weird-assed thoughts come to me) that the smell in the Monroeville Mall in "DAWN" would have been almost unbearable.

Think about it... hundreds (if not more) of rotting zombies walking around the place. Even if the mall had had a great ventilation system there's still no masking the smell of just one dead body -- much less HUNDREDS Of them.

Wouldn't the smell in there have almost been unbearable to walk around in like "normal times"? I don't think there would have been enough lysol cans in the place to help with that issue -- and it would only be masking that stench (I am supposing after they "cleaned up" the mall of the ghouls they would have handed Fran some janitorial cleaning supplies and told her to clean the floors like a good woman in 1978 :D:sneaky:). I don't know that people ever would become accustomed to the stench of dead bodies even if they are around it all day/night.

Anyway, just some thoughts...

j.p.

Ghost Of War
17-Jul-2010, 02:26 PM
You know, in all the years I've been watching zombie movies, I've never considered what the smell would be like. I'd imagine the smell in the basement of the tenement block would have been much worse, the mall is a big open space compared to the basement. That would have been rank. I suppose even further into the outbreak the stench of death would hang in the air, you'd probably just get used to it.

Back to the mall, though... maybe after the clean up, they actually did have a good clean up. I mean, at first, the smell is the least of your worries. You're spending most of your energy trying not to be eaten.

bassman
17-Jul-2010, 02:41 PM
I think Yojimbo would know the best answer to this, but I always imagined after they cleaned it up and put all the zombies into the freezer that the smell would've faded after a while.

It's funny that Romero didn't really address the smell of walking corpses until Land...

You think the mall would've been bad? Imagine the cave and offices in Day. :barf:

Mr.G
17-Jul-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah, so last night I was trying to sleep at 3 a.m. (insomnia) and the thought came to me (because yes, weird-assed thoughts come to me) that the smell in the Monroeville Mall in "DAWN" would have been almost unbearable.

Think about it... hundreds (if not more) of rotting zombies walking around the place. Even if the mall had had a great ventilation system there's still no masking the smell of just one dead body -- much less HUNDREDS Of them.

Wouldn't the smell in there have almost been unbearable to walk around in like "normal times"? I don't think there would have been enough lysol cans in the place to help with that issue -- and it would only be masking that stench (I am supposing after they "cleaned up" the mall of the ghouls they would have handed Fran some janitorial cleaning supplies and told her to clean the floors like a good woman in 1978 :D:sneaky:). I don't know that people ever would become accustomed to the stench of dead bodies even if they are around it all day/night.

j.p.

I have no doubt the mall included a Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works to neutralize the zed smell. :p

paranoid101
17-Jul-2010, 03:59 PM
But do zombies rot I mean go soggy or do they dry out?

Legion2213
17-Jul-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm convinced that zacks don't rot in the normal corpsy kinda way...and I think 9 out of 10 Monroville dead were the mobile kind.

krakenslayer
17-Jul-2010, 07:36 PM
Legion is near the mark, I reckon.

A zombie is not the same as a normal dead body. A zed obviously has some kind of physiology (although it may be different to that of a normal human) since it can walk around and whatnot. They probably don't smell too hot, but nothing like a rotting carcass. I imagine they probably smell something like processed meat (beef jerky, pepperami, or whatever).

Rancid Carcass
17-Jul-2010, 07:46 PM
They probably don't smell too hot, but nothing like a rotting carcass.

Easy on the insults dude, that's my brother you're talking about! :lol:

Mr.G
17-Jul-2010, 09:04 PM
I imagine they probably smell something like processed meat (beef jerky, pepperami, or whatever).

Mmmmm...beef jerky! :p

Danny
17-Jul-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm convinced that zacks don't rot in the normal corpsy kinda way...and I think 9 out of 10 Monroville dead were the mobile kind.

True, you don't see zombies all bloated and venting shit out of every orifice. They seem to be more than just a corpse thats walking, there is still some fundamental difference from zombies and the dead.
Course its different per franchise but its usually something like the jellied core of the brain survives and like a puppeteer in some movie set animatronic it has a semblance of savage, primal control over its dead prison. If its enough to animate it and remember things like hunger, basic tool use and such maybe its something similar but much more basic for the cells themselves.
Not counting the trillions of life forms that live inside the human body. Maybe they get affected by the same thing that causes the dead to rise? thats the thing we will never really know with romero. All we know is there is some difference that keeps them...solidified so maybe they dont smell as bad?

krakenslayer
17-Jul-2010, 10:19 PM
Easy on the insults dude, that's my brother you're talking about! :lol:

LMAO! :lol:

acealive1
17-Jul-2010, 11:58 PM
bleach and warm water woulda make the place smell better after cleanup. and putting em in the cooler helped

Debbieangel
17-Jul-2010, 11:59 PM
"DRIED ZOMBIE MEAT" on sale NOW at your favorite Mall!!!! YUMMMMM Buy one and get one free!! Offer is limited! Get yours today!!:dead::dead::dead:

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2010, 12:29 AM
I think Yojimbo would know the best answer to this, but I always imagined after they cleaned it up and put all the zombies into the freezer that the smell would've faded after a while.

:barf:

Good post, never really occured to me!

Brother Bassman is correct that if they were hauled into the freezer any bad smells would have dissapated, especially considering the large interior area of the Monroeville Mall.

Decomposing flesh can smell different, depending on the weather and other enviromental factors. It can smell like body odor, or sometimes like salami, but always with a distinct undertone- strong cheese of necrotized flesh. I would imagine too that they would smell of feces, since it is common for the bowels to void after clinical death.

SRP76
18-Jul-2010, 12:34 AM
Definitely wouldn't have the "rotting" smell. Frankenstein told you that the decay process is slowed to near-stop (decades for a zombie to "melt"). So the odors associated with that would not exist.

Of course, there are other unpleasant smells clinging to the zombies, but bodyrot shouldn't be one of them.

EDukes
19-Jul-2010, 07:35 AM
I've always thought about that too. Like if the real reason for the gas was to cover the scent, since it didn't appear to have any real effect on the living tenants. In a couple little stories I've written I always have the characters wearing dust mask that are smeared inside with things like peanut butter, or other strong pleasant scents.

I'm sure that in reality the characters would be covering their faces a lot more before they cleaned up the mall. But as far as the movie goes, I don't think people would enjoy seeing characters running around with their faces covered half the time.

Mr.G
19-Jul-2010, 12:08 PM
Decomposing flesh can smell different, depending on the weather and other enviromental factors. It can smell like body odor, or sometimes like salami, but always with a distinct undertone- strong cheese of necrotized flesh. I would imagine too that they would smell of feces, since it is common for the bowels to void after clinical death.

I hope to Christ you're a medical examinar or something along that line....your insight is a little TOO good. :D

SymphonicX
19-Jul-2010, 12:54 PM
You gotta assume the decomposition rate is dramatically slowed down in the zombie world - otherwise after just a few weeks they would be far easier to dispatch - baseball bat to chest would knock a hole into a rotted corpse, let alone a bullet. If it was a normal rate of decomposition, there would be nothing stopping humanity from mowing them down day and night in armoured cars - just park it in the town centre, honk the horn then line 'em up for a massive bowling game.

If normal decomposition ocurred in the zed world, surely the muscles would flop off the flesh eventually, having rotted into nothing, leaving just walking bones - which obviously wouldn't happen - even Logan alludes to this in Day with his statement about the decay attacking the central nervous system last - implying that the normal decay process could be extended to somewhere near "15 years"

AcesandEights
19-Jul-2010, 01:59 PM
I hope to Christ you're a medical examinar or something along that line....your insight is a little TOO good. :D

Yojimbo is a professional, but not a doctor. He deals with them, if I recall correctly, after the doctors are through with them and they've shuffled off that mortal coil.

Trin
19-Jul-2010, 02:09 PM
Let's remember, too, that Peter mentioned after the hunt that the place was going to start to smell. Implying that it didn't already smell. So walking corpses must not be that horrible. And once they "die" they become so. That makes sense since (as others have pointed out) the smell comes from the decay, and the decay in zombies isn't as much of an issue.

Here's an interesting thought. It may be that one reason why they let them continue to exist outside the mall was because they knew they couldn't deal with the smell.

You never see people use sense of smell as a zombie warning system either. It didn't help Peter in the airport with two little zombies in the next room. It didn't help Cholo and crew in the liquor store even though there were two zombies in the room with them.

Legion2213
19-Jul-2010, 02:11 PM
You never see people use sense of smell as a zombie warning system either. It didn't help Peter in the airport with two little zombies in the next room. It didn't help Cholo and crew in the liquor store even though there were two zombies in the room with them.

That is a cracking point to make.

Hate to admit that I never thought of that when watching any zombie movies.

SymphonicX
19-Jul-2010, 02:37 PM
Does it throw a spanner in the works to remind people that Cholo referred to the zeds as "stenchers" throughout land.....

bassman
19-Jul-2010, 02:42 PM
"Stenches" ;)

But that just makes it even more odd that they didn't sense the two zombies in the liquor store before they attacked. At least the cop that was evidently crouched behind the counter and waiting for the right moment to spring his trap.:lol:

But maybe the characters in the movies are just used to the smell? If you're around a horrible odor long enough, you become used to it and barely notice it. Plus....in a world where most of the people are dead, I imagine it stinks everywhere....

BillyRay
19-Jul-2010, 04:01 PM
Does it throw a spanner in the works to remind people that Cholo referred to the zeds as "stenchers" throughout land.....

He was referring to the movie in General?

acealive1
19-Jul-2010, 07:26 PM
"Stenches" ;)

But that just makes it even more odd that they didn't sense the two zombies in the liquor store before they attacked. At least the cop that was evidently crouched behind the counter and waiting for the right moment to spring his trap.:lol:

But maybe the characters in the movies are just used to the smell? If you're around a horrible odor long enough, you become used to it and barely notice it. Plus....in a world where most of the people are dead, I imagine it stinks everywhere....

fireworks,kids. stenches can't keep their eyes off of them.

bassman
19-Jul-2010, 07:50 PM
fireworks,kids. stenches can't keep their eyes off of them.

Maybe I missed something.....are you responding to my post or just quoting the film? I ask because you quoted my post and I can't see why....

krakenslayer
19-Jul-2010, 08:03 PM

I don't think so. They probably don't smell too sweet, regardless of decomposition. Spend a few months without taking a bath, and see how you smell. On top of that, they probably have a funny odour of dried or dessicated meat, but nothing like the long-range pungency of truly putrid flesh.

acealive1
19-Jul-2010, 08:15 PM
Maybe I missed something.....are you responding to my post or just quoting the film? I ask because you quoted my post and I can't see why....

just quoting since the film was mentioned

Debbieangel
19-Jul-2010, 09:37 PM
I am wondering with all the flies and maggots and other bugs that would be landing,eating at the zombies, if that might help decomp and smell?
Especially maggots they smell rancid! Yojimbo what are your thoughts? Would that be a factor?:dead:

krakenslayer
19-Jul-2010, 10:57 PM
I am wondering with all the flies and maggots and other bugs that would be landing,eating at the zombies, if that might help decomp and smell?
Especially maggots they smell rancid! Yojimbo what are your thoughts? Would that be a factor?:dead:

When did we ever see that in a Romero movie? Flies (and therefore maggots) are attracted to decomposing flesh, but not if its still semi-fresh and moving around. The only time I remember flies anywhere near a zed in the whole series was the scene with the zombies at the gates in Day, in the Florida keys on a hot day.

Debbieangel
19-Jul-2010, 11:10 PM
When did we ever see that in a Romero movie? Flies (and therefore maggots) are attracted to decomposing flesh, but not if its still semi-fresh and moving around. The only time I remember flies anywhere near a zed in the whole series was the scene with the zombies at the gates in Day, in the Florida keys on a hot day.

I was thinking it logically not from Romero movies. I don't agree with you kraken about them being attracting to just decomposing flesh. If you have an open sore and(and uncovered), you are say outside, they will come buzzing around you. So, my point in a zombie acop that would be a real prob, atleast I think so anyway.

krakenslayer
19-Jul-2010, 11:44 PM
I was thinking it logically not from Romero movies. I don't agree with you kraken about them being attracting to just decomposing flesh. If you have an open sore and(and uncovered), you are say outside, they will come buzzing around you. So, my point in a zombie acop that would be a real prob, atleast I think so anyway.

I don't know. Flies are attracted to neurotic flesh on living people, i.e. tissue that is rotting and sloughing off, which is why hospitals use maggots to clean infected wounds of dead matter: they eat only the bad stuff and won't eat anything that isn't already rotting and infected, since their mouth parts can only chew soft, pulpy material (unlike the leathery, dessicated-looking zeds of the Romero films).

But who knows? :)

Yojimbo
20-Jul-2010, 05:11 AM
I don't know. Flies are attracted to neurotic flesh on living people, i.e. tissue that is rotting and sloughing off, which is why hospitals use maggots to clean infected wounds of dead matter: they eat only the bad stuff and won't eat anything that isn't already rotting and infected, since their mouth parts can only chew soft, pulpy material

Kraken is correct again - maggots eat necrotized flesh(which on it's own smells pretty bad) and they are indeed used in a clinical environment to remove dead flesh from a wound to prevent infections.

Debbie: I don't believe that maggots themselves have much of an odor, but have to admit that I've never taken the time to sniff one, so they could reek something awful. My assumption, though, is that they would smell like whatever they were rooting around in, and that if they were festering in necrotic flesh they would probably smell like necrotized flesh. There are specific flies, btw, that are known as "Corpse Flies" and also as "Flesh-flies" that only feed on dead flesh, and they have a distinctive look, if not a disinctive odor. Ask any nurse that has done time in a Wound Care Clinic, cleaning diabetic abcesses - these flies are easy to spot because they look so distinctive. There are some flies that will bite anything that they can, but not the corpse flies. The corpse flies are typically the ones that do most of the maggot egg laying on a decedent, but I assume that there could be other flies that are simply attracted to any digestible matter that might also lay their eggs on a corpse for the hell of it. Corpse Flies, however, are the predominant cause of maggots on a corpse though there are other flies that will also light and lay eggs on any sort of carrion.

EDIT: here's a link, if you have any faith in wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcophagidae

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I've always thought about that too. Like if the real reason for the gas was to cover the scent, since it didn't appear to have any real effect on the living tenants. In a couple little stories I've written I always have the characters wearing dust mask that are smeared inside with things like peanut butter, or other strong pleasant scents.

I'm sure that in reality the characters would be covering their faces a lot more before they cleaned up the mall. But as far as the movie goes, I don't think people would enjoy seeing characters running around with their faces covered half the time.
Metholatum or Vicks Vaporub in a dust mask or smeared on the upper lip can make it this a lot more bearable. I personally sent a collegue of mine a case of Vicks at her request when she volunteered after Katrina for removals.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Nothing that nefarious or interesting, I assure you. I am a funeral director.

Admittedly, I still find it strange and kind of sad that this type of knowledge is my professional speciality. Who ever thinks that they are going to end up doing this type of gig for a living?

Cinerary
20-Jul-2010, 10:09 AM
If flies are attracted to poverty stricken folks in poor countries then I think flies would be attracted to stenches.:sneaky: And the poor people in those countries are alive (sort of)

SymphonicX
20-Jul-2010, 10:27 AM
Spend a few months without taking a bath, and see how you smell.

that sounds like a challenge....

Cinerary
20-Jul-2010, 10:36 AM
He is cool looking.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TrQx8SUVJA0/SZIvuPl0ItI/AAAAAAAAAIM/LgBZqSz5E2E/s200/fly.jpg

DEAD BEAT
20-Jul-2010, 03:44 PM

j.p.

not to mention the smell upstairs their hideout didn't look very well ventilated @ all...remember they wer there 4 sometime ever think..."WHERE THE FUCK DID THEY TAKE A SHOWER...IF ANY!" :barf::dead:

SymphonicX
20-Jul-2010, 04:20 PM
not to mention the smell upstairs their hideout didn't look very well ventilated @ all...remember they wer there 4 sometime ever think..."WHERE THE FUCK DID THEY TAKE A SHOWER...IF ANY!" :barf::dead:

Worst comes to worst they would take baths in the sinks in the bathroom that fran was puking into....

you'd have to assume there was a shower there of some kind though - or maybe they just plumbed one in from the bathroom showroom shop - not that I saw one - and where did the hot water come from anyway?

BillyRay
20-Jul-2010, 04:37 PM
You'd have to assume there was a shower there of some kind though - or maybe they just plumbed one in from the bathroom showroom shop - not that I saw one - and where did the hot water come from anyway?

You'll remember that the path to the Mall Proper took the gang through the maintenance corridors, mechanical rooms & other assorted 'behind the scenes" portions of the Mall.

Stands to reason that there'd be some kind of Locker Room for Maintenance & Janitorial in there. Probably included a shower as well, dont'cha think?

DEAD BEAT
20-Jul-2010, 08:08 PM
You'll remember that the path to the Mall Proper took the gang through the maintenance corridors, mechanical rooms & other assorted 'behind the scenes" portions of the Mall.

Stands to reason that there'd be some kind of Locker Room for Maintenance & Janitorial in there. Probably included a shower as well, dont'cha think?

true...but remember shopping mall's wer new in the 1970's and they never shaved their bush either....so you can assume it was funk time! lol:hyper:

bassman
20-Jul-2010, 08:12 PM
Showers weren't always around. Even if the mall didn't have any, they could do it the old fashioned way with a barrell and some water.

A whore's bath as i've heard it referred to. :lol:

Legion2213
20-Jul-2010, 08:32 PM
Plenty of ventilation with those opening skylights.

And they had a little stream thingy and a fountain to take a dip in if it got bad. :D

Debbieangel
21-Jul-2010, 02:10 AM
Kraken is correct again - maggots eat necrotized flesh(which on it's own smells pretty bad) and they are indeed used in a clinical environment to remove dead flesh from a wound to prevent infections.

Debbie: I don't believe that maggots themselves have much of an odor, but have to admit that I've never taken the time to sniff one, so they could reek something awful. My assumption, though, is that they would smell like whatever they were rooting around in, and that if they were festering in necrotic flesh they would probably smell like necrotized flesh. There are specific flies, btw, that are known as "Corpse Flies" and also as "Flesh-flies" that only feed on dead flesh, and they have a distinctive look, if not a disinctive odor. Ask any nurse that has done time in a Wound Care Clinic, cleaning diabetic abcesses - these flies are easy to spot because they look so distinctive. There are some flies that will bite anything that they can, but not the corpse flies. The corpse flies are typically the ones that do most of the maggot egg laying on a decedent, but I assume that there could be other flies that are simply attracted to any digestible matter that might also lay their eggs on a corpse for the hell of it. Corpse Flies, however, are the predominant cause of maggots on a corpse though there are other flies that will also light and lay eggs on any sort of carrion.

EDIT: here's a link, if you have any faith in wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcophagidae

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Metholatum or Vicks Vaporub in a dust mask or smeared on the upper lip can make it this a lot more bearable. I personally sent a collegue of mine a case of Vicks at her request when she volunteered after Katrina for removals.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Nothing that nefarious or interesting, I assure you. I am a funeral director.

Admittedly, I still find it strange and kind of sad that this type of knowledge is my professional speciality. Who ever thinks that they are going to end up doing this type of gig for a living?

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I have wondered about the flies and zombies! Very Very Interesting!!!

Trin
21-Jul-2010, 02:48 PM
The way I see it there are just some conflicting pieces of information:

The most compelling piece of evidence that zombies smell bad is that they're called Stenches in Land. Otherwise everything points to them not smelling that bad.

While I agree that there is some possibility that the people in Land might've just gotten used to the smell, I would counter that the bulk of Fiddler's Green was zombie free, and according to the military the zombies almost never come around any more. Take the kid who died in the liquor store for instance. It was his first night on the job and he didn't smell anything. It stands to reason he wasn't around zombies much at all prior to that. To him the smell should've been horrid. While Uniontown in general probably had a smell to it, walking into a room with a zombie behind the counter should've been a dead-giveaway, so to speak.

It's also noteworthy that zombies were used in the streets for photographs and in the bar for fight games. I struggle with how that would work if they smelled terrible.

In Survival we see people keeping zombies in their homes. No nose plugs required. In Diary we see them get surprised and attacked by zombies constantly in enclosed areas where the smell would quickly permeate. In Day they kept zombies throughout the facility. There's just so much pointing to them not smelling too bad.

Mike70
21-Jul-2010, 02:55 PM
i've always been uber disgusted by the scene where they are loading up one of the freezers, which obviously still holds edibles, with dead bodies.

not the smartest group of survivors were they?:D

JDFP
21-Jul-2010, 03:56 PM
i've always been uber disgusted by the scene where they are loading up one of the freezers, which obviously still holds edibles, with dead bodies.

not the smartest group of survivors were they?:D

The food in the freezers probably wasn't still edible. Stuff that was edible they probably had already moved to a different freezer or moved upstairs with them. The way I understand it is that "Dawn" is set about 2-3 weeks into the 'event'.

Would you want to eat some lemon pie that's been in a freezer for 3 weeks? :)

j.p.

BillyRay
21-Jul-2010, 04:29 PM
Would you want to eat some lemon pie that's been in a freezer for 3 weeks?

No, but I'd like it to be handy for a pie fight later on...

http://www.terrortube.com/images/articles/top10_fight_dawn.jpg

Mike70
21-Jul-2010, 04:31 PM
Would you want to eat some lemon pie that's been in a freezer for 3 weeks? :)

j.p.

i'm not in a position to break out the movie (i don't even know where my copy is) but i'm pretty sure that what was shown in that freezer was meat.
meats will keep for over a year (some longer) in a freezer. i seriously, seriously doubt that any of the meat in there would've spoiled. again, we are faced with either idiotic character choices or poor writing. given that it is dawn we are talking about, it is probably both.

sandrock74
21-Jul-2010, 04:57 PM
Zombies are dead, so they would stink, plain and simple. A zombie could never "surprise" anyone, as their stench should give them away ahead of time. You'd smell a group of approaching zombies before you ever saw them. I always assumed this was overlooked in the movies because, until they invent smell-o-vision, scents are something that cannot be "shared" with an audience in movies/tv, so it is usually glossed over.

I had always thought that if any of us were suddenly transported into the Romero-verse, the first thing we'd notice is the stench. It would most likely be everywhere, in everything. Gross. :eek:

bassman
21-Jul-2010, 06:16 PM
I too always thought it was silly to stash the bodies in the freezers. Why not load them up and drive them out of there? Or throw them from the roof? Something other than stacking them next to your dinner.

And the "outbreak" time frame can be argued all day, but the fact is that they didn't give a shit while filming. There is all sorts of foods shown throughout the movie which should have gone bad. The bread comes to mind.

Dawn is litered with some pretty amateur problems and inconsistencies. That's a fact...

Trin
21-Jul-2010, 06:57 PM
The bodies in the freezer thing... I never liked it. In addition to your food being there, there's the inevitable problem of the power going off... icky.

But look at the alternatives. Do you drag each and every dead body up three flights of stairs, through your living area, and up the ladder to get to the roof? How else would you get them outside? If they're destined to be left inside where else could you keep them? Mr. Bulky's? Furr's Cafeteria?

JDFP
21-Jul-2010, 07:03 PM
I always thought it was obvious for them to keep the bodies in the cooler because the rotting smell would be kept inside the cooler since it's confined and probably seal-tight?

At least, it always seemed logical to me. Where else except the cooler would be a seal-tight area to keep the smell away?

j.p.

bassman
21-Jul-2010, 07:04 PM
Well.....the ice skating area would've been better than the friggin freezer...

Yojimbo
22-Jul-2010, 02:06 AM
I always thought it was obvious for them to keep the bodies in the cooler because the rotting smell would be kept inside the cooler since it's confined and probably seal-tight?

At least, it always seemed logical to me. Where else except the cooler would be a seal-tight area to keep the smell away?

j.p.

Funny thing - in the Sparrow novelization they locked the bodies up in the vault at the bank during their cleanup process, if I remember correctly.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

The bread comes to mind.

Dawn is litered with some pretty amateur problems and inconsistencies. That's a fact...

Peter baked the bread in his spare time, as a means of distracting himself from the loss of his special friend Roger.

Mike70
22-Jul-2010, 02:55 AM
Peter baked the bread in his spare time, as a means of distracting himself from the loss of his special friend Roger.

:lol::lol::lol:

do you think he went in for cookies too?

Mr.G
22-Jul-2010, 12:27 PM
I guess my assumption was that placing the bodies in the freezer would at least hide several dozen dead zeds from outside people looking for other surviviors. I wouldn't show my position by having a huge dump pile outside my safe house.

I realize the helicopter/semi issue, but the bodies would be around in a pile 24/7.

krakenslayer
22-Jul-2010, 12:29 PM
Well.....the ice skating area would've been better than the friggin freezer...

Then... where would they skate? :D

bassman
22-Jul-2010, 12:57 PM
Then... where would they skate? :D

On the roof in the winter? I could see Fran and her baby skating around on the roof of a mall surround by frozen dead bodies.:lol:

Mike70
22-Jul-2010, 01:39 PM
surround by frozen dead bodies.:lol:

aw shit, you might've just kicked off a thread digression.

DEAD BEAT
23-Jul-2010, 03:32 PM
The bodies in the freezer thing... I never liked it. In addition to your food being there, there's the inevitable problem of the power going off... icky.

But look at the alternatives. Do you drag each and every dead body up three flights of stairs, through your living area, and up the ladder to get to the roof? How else would you get them outside? If they're destined to be left inside where else could you keep them? Mr. Bulky's? Furr's Cafeteria?

why didn't they just stash them in JC Penny's...nobody really shops there anymore! lol:D:lol: