PDA

View Full Version : So did anyone go see The Omen Tuesday night?

DjfunkmasterG
08-Jun-2006, 11:41 AM
Just curious? and if you did can you please reply with a somewhat but spoiler free summary, and a comparison to the original.

Tri0xin
08-Jun-2006, 04:46 PM
Just curious? and if you did can you please reply with a somewhat but spoiler free summary, and a comparison to the original.

Yeah, I went to see it. It was a lot like the first one with the exception of the dream sequences they added to this one. It also lacked the scary film score of the original. All in all, not a bad remake, but Julia Stiles was quite a stretch as Ambassador Thorne's wife. In the original, she was an older woman who had miscarriaged before.

bassman
08-Jun-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I went to see it. It was a lot like the first one with the exception of the dream sequences they added to this one. It also lacked the scary film score of the original. All in all, not a bad remake, but Julia Stiles was quite a stretch as Ambassador Thorne's wife. In the original, she was an older woman who had miscarriaged before.

So basically.....just watch Donner's original?

zombie04
08-Jun-2006, 07:51 PM
I liked it. They didn't cheese it up and try to make it flashy. Liev Schrieber in my opinion did a good job despite the fact he isn't Peck. Plus that kid was just creepy.

Eyebiter
08-Jun-2006, 08:00 PM
dupe

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1519

DjfunkmasterG
08-Jun-2006, 08:26 PM
Whoops my apology, didn't see the original post. I did a good look through. So my bad.