PDA

View Full Version : HTC EVO vs. iPHONE 4 parody Cartoon

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jul-2010, 12:48 PM
UAOtC9QfXac

Appeanrtly the dude who made these was fired from his JOB at Best Buy over these vids. (that is the rumor)

Anyway its funny as hell.

LouCipherr
21-Jul-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey, Dj... you need to post the other, the iPhone 4 vs. the HTV EVO..

This is the one that started all the trouble:

FL7yD-0pqZg&

The HTC EVO is better than the iphone 4
"I DON'T CARE"
It has a bigger screen
"I DON'T CARE"
It has turn-by-turn GPS
"I DON'T CARE"
It's prints fucking money
"I DON'T CARE"

Classic.

:lol:

BTW: it's not a 'rumor' about him getting fired - well, sorta. He was "suspended" and Best Buy is doing their best to try and fire him. Not sure if its happened since he was suspended, will have to check in on it. Funny thing is, why does Best Buy care? Best Buy wasn't mentioned ONCE in the video above.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jul-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey, Dj... "I DON'T CARE"

LMGDAO... That vid is freaking hilarious

LouCipherr
21-Jul-2010, 01:08 PM
Here's a link to the story on the employee - they "suspended" and they were taking the steps to get him fired. Unreal... all because they think Apple might get upset at the video. Why? It's not Apple they're making fun of, it's the stupid iphone slaves they're making fun of.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/01/best-buy-iphone-4-evo-4g/

Ohhh, edited to add an update:

Apparently Best Buy decided NOT to fire him, but he's not going back to work for them:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/06/best-buy-htc-iphone-videos/

Tricky
21-Jul-2010, 01:49 PM
I cant watch the videos at work! However, I have had the brand new HTC Desire for a couple of weeks and have to say its an awesome phone! It does so much stuff and compared to my friends iPhone I think its actually better! I wouldnt have bothered with a smartphone, but I was paying £30 a month for my old contract on an old sony ericsson, and when I asked in the shop about it they said they could do the HTC desire with 600 minutes,unlimited texts & unlimited internet for the same price as I was paying, so I went for it & its been a good move! I've got google maps sat nav, megadrive & snes emulators (downloaded all the classics, they look & play brilliant on the phone, and the touchscreen joypad is nice!), loads of other cool apps & features, great toy with a lot of practical uses, and best of all not tied to apple!

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jul-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah I should of posted the 1st vid, but people getting the point is what I meant.

Ghost Of War
21-Jul-2010, 07:16 PM
I cant watch the videos at work! However, I have had the brand new HTC Desire for a couple of weeks and have to say its an awesome phone! It does so much stuff and compared to my friends iPhone I think its actually better! I wouldnt have bothered with a smartphone, but I was paying £30 a month for my old contract on an old sony ericsson, and when I asked in the shop about it they said they could do the HTC desire with 600 minutes,unlimited texts & unlimited internet for the same price as I was paying, so I went for it & its been a good move! I've got google maps sat nav, megadrive & snes emulators (downloaded all the classics, they look & play brilliant on the phone, and the touchscreen joypad is nice!), loads of other cool apps & features, great toy with a lot of practical uses, and best of all not tied to apple!

I've had one of those bad boys for a couple of weeks now, it's the best phone I've ever used. I borrowed my cousin's iphone for a week, it's a decent piece of kit, but the Desire pisses all over it. I've got the same deal as you, on Orange, funnily enough it was cheaper to upgrade through Carphone Warehouse than directly through Orange. I can't stop playing with it, it's just so fucking awesome.

LouCipherr
21-Jul-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah I should of posted the 1st vid, but people getting the point is what I meant.

I DON'T CARE.

Tricky
21-Jul-2010, 07:21 PM
I've had one of those bad boys for a couple of weeks now, it's the best phone I've ever used. I borrowed my cousin's iphone for a week, it's a decent piece of kit, but the Desire pisses all over it. I've got the same deal as you, on Orange, funnily enough it was cheaper to upgrade through Carphone Warehouse than directly through Orange. I can't stop playing with it, it's just so fucking awesome.

Good move! The google shopper app that scans CD/DVD/Book covers & barcodes through the camera & then comes back with the best prices online is genius! I've got a fair few apps that i know iphone users have like a compass, light saber etc, but also a lot I know they havent, the metal detector is pretty cool, i'd probably never use it, but was still impressed I could have it on there & it works! and I've got a fair few daft ones like soundboards, sniper scopes, fart machine etc
If you happen to download the snes or megadrive emulators, this is the best site for the games http://www.roms4droid.com/ :cool:

Ghost Of War
21-Jul-2010, 07:24 PM
Cheers for the link. I downloaded the Tricorder app before, it's cool, if you're a Star Trek geek. I'm most impressed with how fast it is, the Android system never ever slows down, no matter how much you've got running at once. The battery could be better, but it's quite normal to have to charge modern smartphones every day.

Tricky
21-Jul-2010, 07:33 PM
I downloaded a task killer app so I can turn off anything that didnt need to be running in the background, thats got my battery lasting a full day with medium use now, turning off the live wallpapers helps too, but they look so pretty I have to leave them on :lol:

Ghost Of War
21-Jul-2010, 07:37 PM
First thing I got was an app killer.
By the way, the videos at the top of this thread were funny.
Now, back to the Desire...I know a good few people with iphones, and most of them who I've showed the Desire to are very impressed. One or two of them are going to get one instead of the iphone 4.

Tricky
21-Jul-2010, 07:46 PM
I showed my apple cult friend my desire at the weekend & he didnt even try to pick holes in it, which he had with my previous phone, he just had a troubled look on his face, grunted & shook his head as i swished around my apps & fancy screens :lol: he got his first iphone around 2 years back & was ridiculously smug about it ever since, then he queued up for ages the other week for the iphone 4, and now he cant accept theres a new kid in town which can do everything his does without the restrictions of apple!