PDA

View Full Version : apartment help

acealive1
21-Jul-2010, 07:44 PM
theres a few of u guys that are older than me so i need some help. been livin in this apartment complex for 6 months now and im just now able to use the washer and dryer because well for lack of a better phrase, lazy fucking people dont want to wash clothes til i get home from work no matter if they stay home all day.

i put my clothes in the washer today, then waited about 35 minutes......went back to dry them and some fucking asshole decided to move them to ON TOP of the washer. what kind of retarded shit is that? are you in that big of a rush? or were u just mad u had all day to wash and decided to do it when i got home?

maybe it had something to do with the fact i called the landlord about assholes letting freeloaders who dont live here park in my parking spot.

i dont work my ass off to get treated like shit by jobless fucks who skim off my check every time i get paid.

Legion2213
21-Jul-2010, 07:56 PM
Is it a communal washing machine and dryer?

You have two options as far as I can see it...

1: Buy your own washer dryer.

2: Visit your mum a few times a week with a big bag of washing (mums love this, it makes them feel valued)

There is a third option, but it involves lots of shooting and spending the rest of your life behind bars. :D

Mr.G
21-Jul-2010, 07:56 PM
This was a common occurence for me in college. Doesn't make it right, but you learn to adapt.

bassman
21-Jul-2010, 07:57 PM
sooo....whats the question?:confused:

acealive1
21-Jul-2010, 08:05 PM
There is a third option, but it involves lots of shooting and spending the rest of your life behind bars. :D

:lol::lol:

i LOVE this place dont get me wrong. only 8 units, its hidden in plain sight so its less likely to get robbed. rent is only 425 in a nice neighborhood and its a 2 bedroom. the only thing i cant stand is the fucking neighbors. the ones that moved my shit. ask next time before i kick your fuckin door in. im from los angeles, i dont play that shit. i see something fucked up, im calling 911 and reporting a disturbance in apartment 2.

i keep to myself and i go to work every day.

now i know my landlord wouldnt wanna lose 2 good tenants over these 3 units in my building,right? he's already lost one guy because of these idiots and he was basically the lawn dude too. he seriously moved out in like 45 minutes 2 weeks ago.

cant have our own washer and dryer or dishwasher which sucks.

but its close to work. i'd hate to have to move further but i will if need be

the visitng mom thing doesnt seem like a bad idea if she doesnt start askin for help with the water bill like shes done before.

Debbieangel
21-Jul-2010, 08:21 PM
ace visiting mom as long as YOU are the one doing the laundry wouldn't be bad,and yes ponying up some cash for the water bill prob would be the other thing.
The only suggestion I would have for you is to stay there while your laundry is being done. Read a book, take a portable dvd player and watch a movie.
Personally, I would never leave my clothes unattended. Especially with jerks like you have living in the complex. You might end up with missing clothes or them just to be smart throw something in your laundry to stain your clothes.
I have my own washer/dryer and I am glad. I hope they hold out for five more years. lol
Good luck with the situation ace!!

acealive1
21-Jul-2010, 08:27 PM
ace visiting mom as long as YOU are the one doing the laundry wouldn't be bad,and yes ponying up some cash for the water bill prob would be the other thing.
The only suggestion I would have for you is to stay there while your laundry is being done. Read a book, take a portable dvd player and watch a movie.
Personally, I would never leave my clothes unattended. Especially with jerks like you have living in the complex. You might end up with missing clothes or them just to be smart throw something in your laundry to stain your clothes.
I have my own washer/dryer and I am glad. I hope they hold out for five more years. lol
Good luck with the situation ace!!

yea i totally agree with u on all of this. the door to the laundry room is like 3 feet from my door. so not far,but its nothing ud wanna stay in for the duration of ur washing. night of the living dead basement comes to mind.

idk, im not too tied down to ohio. so moving is a VERY real option

Yojimbo
22-Jul-2010, 02:45 AM
:lol::lol:

im from los angeles, i dont play that shit.

I used to have that happen at my old apartment laundyroom. People don't mean anything by that, at least usually.

Los Angeles rules don't apply everywhere, though. In New york, dudes in traffic talk shit at each other and flip other drivers off without any expectation of danger- that kind of shit would get you shot in LA.

acealive1
22-Jul-2010, 03:59 AM
I used to have that happen at my old apartment laundyroom. People don't mean anything by that, at least usually.

Los Angeles rules don't apply everywhere, though. In New york, dudes in traffic talk shit at each other and flip other drivers off without any expectation of danger- that kind of shit would get you shot in LA.

yea but listen to this shit........as of me taking all my shit outta the dryer, they hadnt put theirs in. so in a hurry for no reason and trying to be a dick for no reason. i forsee the karma truck coming back around LOL

Skippy911sc
22-Jul-2010, 12:29 PM
In college this was normal... no big deal.

Go to a laundry mat and the problem is gone.

All the apartments that I owned had their own W/D in the units, but the tenants still fought.

I would just forget about it. The one thing a landlord is more bothered with is a tenant who calls all the time to complain about nothing. Deal with things yourself or else it just gets worse.

I am not saying your the one with the problem, but this is a business, what is right and wrong has very little to do with it. All that matters is who pays their rent on time and who will complain less.

bassman
22-Jul-2010, 01:02 PM
Got a sink and a window/deck? Wash em and hang em out to dry.

It's more work, but you won't have to worry about the machines and tenants.:D

Eyebiter
22-Jul-2010, 01:43 PM
Just be glad they didn't steal your blue jeans. Used to have to sit and watch the washer and dryer because of constant thefts.

Best solution is to move into an apartment that has it's own washer and dryer unit. That way you can do laundry at your leisure.

soulsyfn
22-Jul-2010, 02:39 PM
I used to just go check on my laundry every 10 minutes and since you are so close that is not a big issue. On the third time I would just wait for it to finish... but I am more patient than most.

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2010, 07:15 PM
Dude, people have shit to do. I used to live in an apartment complex and I'd wait in the laundry room for people's clothes to finish. If they weren't there when their wash ended and it was the only open machine, I'd put their shit on top of it so I could use it. I had shit to do and couldn't be waiting around.

However, one time the guy in which whose clothes I was taking out of the machine walked in on me doing it. He was pretty unhappy. "You couldn't have waited?!?!" - I did wait; 10 minutes is plenty time.

acealive1
22-Jul-2010, 07:17 PM
In college this was normal... no big deal.

Go to a laundry mat and the problem is gone.

All the apartments that I owned had their own W/D in the units, but the tenants still fought.

I would just forget about it. The one thing a landlord is more bothered with is a tenant who calls all the time to complain about nothing. Deal with things yourself or else it just gets worse.

I am not saying your the one with the problem, but this is a business, what is right and wrong has very little to do with it. All that matters is who pays their rent on time and who will complain less.

oh no i understand,man. im one of the few that pay their rent on time if not early. i dont bitch about dumb things. only if its something that needs attention. like my linoleum floor is coming up. probably been that way since the last people moved out. the landlord said "it wasnt like that when u moved in" but then again, slobs never complain.

ah well, looks like i found a prospective apartment less than a mile away. 350 a month and its a one bedroom with security entry and a pool. central air and heat. kiss this fuckin monkey farm goodbye. sorry,landlord...... u had a good tenant, now he's moving.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Dude, people have shit to do. I used to live in an apartment complex and I'd wait in the laundry room for people's clothes to finish. If they weren't there when their wash ended and it was the only open machine, I'd put their shit on top of it so I could use it. I had shit to do and couldn't be waiting around.

However, one time the guy in which whose clothes I was taking out of the machine walked in on me doing it. He was pretty unhappy. "You couldn't have waited?!?!" - I did wait; 10 minutes is plenty time.

dude, so u didnt read my post earlier about how their shit was still in the washer as of 10 pm last night. i wonder what they have to do since neither of them work. sit around and smoke weed all day? probably.