PDA

View Full Version : Zack Snyder's Sucker-Punch

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jul-2010, 01:46 PM
http://suckerpunchmovie.warnerbros.com/

Official Website is live.

AcesandEights
22-Jul-2010, 01:48 PM
Clock started on how long it will take MZ to post on this topic...

bassman
22-Jul-2010, 01:49 PM
"Story by Zack Snyder"

Well fuck a doodle doo! Finally...

EDIT:

Scott Glenn and barely clothed women(girls?) with guns? Hrmmm...

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/sucker-big.jpg

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2010, 05:21 PM
"Story by Zack Snyder"

Well fuck a doodle doo! Finally...

Scott Glenn and barely clothed women(girls?) with guns? Hrmmm...

Barely clothed? Looks like they're too clothed! ;)

Bloody nora, it was about time Snyder tried something that wasn't an adaptation or remake!

Clock started on how long it will take MZ to post on this topic...

3 hours. :lol:

Actually I really dug Watchmen (the extended cut is even better too). Yawn04 can still officially fuck off, mind ... and 300 was just utterly stupid. No idea what this "Sucker Punch" thing is about though, but the imagery on the website looks nifty - hopefully it's got a decent script to back it up, and it's not just guns n boobs for utterly no reason ... if that makes sense ... because guns and boobs are both awesome generally, but just some teenage masturbatory load of old cobblers won't do - there's got to be a purpose to it all.

Visually speaking it looks nifty ... but visuals haven't really been Snyder's problem, well, apart from too much of that slow-mo stuff.

AcesandEights
22-Jul-2010, 08:09 PM
Visually speaking it looks nifty ... but visuals haven't really been Snyder's problem, well, apart from too much of that slow-mo stuff.

Too true. We'll see. I read the plot outline and thought it sounded like it could be okay, but he is oh so a visual director, so even though I don't have a huge problem with ZS, the jury is still out on whether he can deliver a decent plot and script that aren't wholly derived from pre-existing source material.

Then again, a movie---any movie nowadays--not based on a comic book, tv series or remake of an earlier film? You've got my attention...at least till I see the first promo trailer.

rongravy
22-Jul-2010, 11:06 PM
Ha, Scott Glenn. I wanna see one of those chicks dump his pack of smokes on the floor, then have him make her pick it up like Sissy in Urban Cowboy...
With his hand firmly holding her by the back of the neck.
My wife always gets pissed when we watch that one, because I'm always like, "See? That's what you get..."
A joke, of course, but apparently not her kind.
Yes, I know it's masochistic.
And wtf is this movie about, anyway?
A bunch of hotties surrounding a dried up old raisin?

acealive1
22-Jul-2010, 11:13 PM
is that vanessa hudgens? baby batter special!!

bassman
23-Jul-2010, 12:06 PM
Character posters (http://www.joblo.com/hi-res-banners-of-the-beautiful-and-lethal-sucker-punch-girls)

Hubba Hubba....Tarantino calling

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/SP_sm-BABYDOLL.jpg

LouCipherr
23-Jul-2010, 01:35 PM
Ha, Scott Glenn. I wanna see one of those chicks dump his pack of smokes on the floor, then have him make her pick it up like Sissy in Urban Cowboy...
With his hand firmly holding her by the back of the neck.
My wife always gets pissed when we watch that one, because I'm always like, "See? That's what you get..."

Because that's how they learn! :lol: :lol: :p

Wrong Number
23-Jul-2010, 01:47 PM
When I saw "Zack Snyder's Sucker-Punch" I figured it had to be about DotD04.

WN

MikePizzoff
23-Jul-2010, 07:41 PM
Whoa, the girl second from the right looks like one of my ex girlfriends.

Is this movie gonna be like a futuristic WWII alternate reality type thing?

AcesandEights
23-Jul-2010, 07:46 PM
Whoa, the girl second from the right looks like one of my ex girlfriends.

Is this movie gonna be like a futuristic WWII alternate reality type thing?

The premise from wikipedia, somewhat light on spoilers, I think, but just in case proceed at your own risk:

Premise

Snyder has described the film as "Alice in Wonderland with machine guns", including dragons, B-52 bombers and brothels. Snyder's wife and producing partner Deborah Snyder concludes, "in the end, it's about this girl's survival and what she needs to do to be able to cope."[9]

In February 2009, Snyder released a short synopsis of Sucker Punch which states: "Set in the 1950s, it tells the story of Baby Doll (Browning), who is trying to hide from the pain caused by her evil stepfather and lobotomy. She ends up in mental institution and while there she starts to imagine alternative reality. She plans to escape from that imaginary world but to do that she needs to steal five objects before she is caught by a vile man. She has 5 days to escape before being lobotomized. In order to cope with the situation, she enters the hyper-real world of her imagination, and the lines between reality and dream begin to blur. She is joined with friends who are inmates from the institution. Lessons learned in the said fantasy world could help the girls escape their real-world fate."

BillyRay
23-Jul-2010, 08:13 PM
Just clicked the site addy....

(http://suckerpunchmovie.warnerbros.com/)

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/suckerpunchsite.jpg

GIANT.
BUNNY.
MECHS.
(!!!!!!!)

bassman
27-Jul-2010, 02:08 AM
Teaser...

-n5YXx5wHdw&hl=en_US&fs=1

I'm not sure what I saw....but it was visually interesting. But that's never been Snyder's problem.

With a bit of luck, it could be a fun no brainer...

MinionZombie
27-Jul-2010, 09:59 AM
Teaser...

-n5YXx5wHdw&hl=en_US&fs=1

I'm not sure what I saw....but it was visually interesting. But that's never been Snyder's problem.

With a bit of luck, it could be a fun no brainer...
Well, it looks the part - but as we've said before, that's not Snyder's problem. It'll come down to whether the plot is decent enough to justify all this visual stuff. Visual stuff is all well and good, but if it's got sod all to back it up then it's just a bunch of visuals - you've got to be connected to what you see to make it worthwhile ... so that remains to be seen.

Hopefully it'll work out in the end, but so far we're not seeing anything 'new' in that trailer, if that makes sense. I'm interested though.

bassman
04-Nov-2010, 12:36 PM
Trailer

Q8K6g6cRhQc?fs=1&hl=en_US

I think it would've been better if they used Zeppelin all through the trailer like they did with Watchmen and the Pumpkins....

As said before.....it's definite eye candy. But will it be anything else? I'm interested. Most likely wait for Blu Ray, but i'm interested in some way.

soulsyfn
04-Nov-2010, 02:55 PM
I will be watching this specifically because it IS eye candy... throw in some horrible theater popcorn with butter and salt... and it will be grand!

MinionZombie
04-Nov-2010, 03:25 PM
The previous trailer was more interesting. This doesn't look all that interesting. The key thing will be if it has a script that's interesting, witty and smart. If it's just a bunch of bullshit happening that looks pretty then what the hell is the point, you know?

Time will tell, I guess.

AcesandEights
04-Nov-2010, 03:51 PM
MZ, you hear the words 'Sucker-Punch' and 'Zack Snyder' and rush in here to get a good lick in on him? ;)

I do like his visual styling, but whether he can bring something worthwhile of his own to the table without relying on highly touted source material is the big question!