PDA

View Full Version : Writing on the Monroeville Mall Wall

Yojimbo
24-Jul-2010, 10:11 AM
DOTD never ceases to provide me with little things to focus on and wonder about.

I recently was watching one of my theatrical cut DVD's of DOTD - this is the one that I ended up paying way too much for back in the days before other DVD versions had become avaliable - and I had popped it in to check out the differences between the dock scene on this DVD and other theatrical version cuts I have, when I noticed that there was grafitti on the drywall on the corridor wall behind David Emge in the scene that leads up to his boiler room office discovery of the all too important maps and his .22 Ruger Blackhawk. Here is the image from which I cannot figure out what is written behind Stephen. Apologies in advance for the all too shitty quality of the following capture, but it is what it is.

I have zoomed in, but given that this is not Bluray, I cannot decipher what is there. Looks like standard mall worker corridor grafitti and hieroglyphics (like "I wanna do Jessica from the Gap in her Gap!!!" with the appropriate stick figure representation done in felt tip) that I remember from my mall slave-gig days, but I am curious if one of our blueray version owning members might be able to enhance this and hip me and my wife to what is written on that wall. Looks like some sort of cube, and what appears to be a face drawn next to insults about folks, with some names curiously crossed off, but now that I took a look at it the desire to know more is as annoying now as a persistent cough.

Any ideas or thoughts? Any illumination will be appreciated!

Neil
24-Jul-2010, 01:09 PM
Played around in an image package to bring out some of the detail.

The top line appears to be "Bailey Banks Rd" or "Bailey Beaks Rd"?

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5010/69545935.gif

bassman
24-Jul-2010, 01:12 PM
:lol:

Before he was born they already knew....

Trin
24-Jul-2010, 06:17 PM
That is priceless...

Legion2213
24-Jul-2010, 06:37 PM
Heh. Brutal. :D

axlish
24-Jul-2010, 06:51 PM
According to the prestigious www.mallofthedead.net, the writing at the top says Bailey Banks and Biddle, which is the name of a store in the mall at that time.

It is on the second floor and it is one of the stores that I only have a very shitty photo of.

Love the work Neil!

Yojimbo
24-Jul-2010, 08:09 PM
Neil, that's too hilarous! Well executed brotherman!