PDA

View Full Version : NotLD Question?

Epidemic79
25-Jul-2010, 10:13 PM
Looked back thru the last 9+ months worth of posts and didnt see an answer,so here I go.

Anybody know What Model /Year of Truck was used in the Original NotLD???

Been wondering the last 25 years. And there just happens to be one about 3 blocks down from my pad thats looks awefully close to it but Im no automobile expert.

Thanks alot!

Yojimbo
25-Jul-2010, 10:51 PM
Looked back thru the last 9+ months worth of posts and didnt see an answer,so here I go.

Anybody know What Model /Year of Truck was used in the Original NotLD???

Been wondering the last 25 years. And there just happens to be one about 3 blocks down from my pad thats looks awefully close to it but Im no automobile expert.

Thanks alot!

Can't vouch for this info since I am not a car dude and I got this off the web, but for what it is worth the internet movie car database says that it's a 1951 Chevy 3600

same year/make/model apparently used in URBAN COWBOY

But I wouldn't know it from this one used in OCTOBER SKY which is a 1953 Chevy 3600. The back end of this one looks a lot like the truck from the "my jacket's caught" scene.

Here's the link: http://www.imcdb.org/movie_63350-Night-of-the-Living-Dead.html

Hope this is of help too you, brother!

EDukes
26-Jul-2010, 05:54 AM
I think they mention the vehicle make and year on the NotLD 30th anniversary DVD commentary when they talked about finding the same vehicle for the new scenes that were shot. I got rid of that version, so I can't verify if my memory is correct or not.

Yojimbo
26-Jul-2010, 06:52 PM
I think they mention the vehicle make and year on the NotLD 30th anniversary DVD commentary when they talked about finding the same vehicle for the new scenes that were shot. I got rid of that version, so I can't verify if my memory is correct or not.

I got rid of my version of the 3oth anniversary version too. Had to take a rape shower after watching it, it made me feel so dirty.

Apologies in advance to Gary, who is a cool dude. But, 30th Anniversary Version: WTF were they thinking?

DubiousComforts
26-Jul-2010, 07:48 PM
Apologies in advance to Gary, who is a cool dude. But, 30th Anniversary Version: WTF were they thinking?

Gary had nothing to do with the 30th Anniversary version. You actually won't find a bigger critic of how the property has been handled over the years than Gary.

According to Bill Hinzman, the actual truck used in the film was green (there were two trucks used -- one for the driving scenes and another for the explosion -- so I'd assume both were green.)

Yojimbo
26-Jul-2010, 08:20 PM
Gary had nothing to do with the 30th Anniversary version. You actually won't find a bigger critic of how the property has been handled over the years than Gary.

Thanks for setting me straight. Kinda relieved to hear that Gary is still his own man.

Epidemic79
28-Jul-2010, 03:38 PM
Can't vouch for this info since I am not a car dude and I got this off the web, but for what it is worth the internet movie car database says that it's a 1951 Chevy 3600

same year/make/model apparently used in URBAN COWBOY

But I wouldn't know it from this one used in OCTOBER SKY which is a 1953 Chevy 3600. The back end of this one looks a lot like the truck from the "my jacket's caught" scene.

Here's the link: http://www.imcdb.org/movie_63350-Night-of-the-Living-Dead.html

Hope this is of help too you, brother!

Wuw,super cool info,thanks! Been doing a little web research on this subject too. Seems likely to be either a '51 or '52. Although the extra windows on the rear corners of the cab do appear to be peculiar to this truck,and I cant say I've been able to find them on many other trucks of this style. But I did read that there were minor variants on these pre 1953 models.

But once again,I am no automobile historian,but I will continue looking around.

And thanks to Dubious Comforts for that inside tip on the color of it. Would never of guessed green,it always seemed more like black or brown.

My thanks again to all!