PDA

View Full Version : Neuroeconomics on 'The Planet of the Apes'

Eyebiter
28-Jul-2010, 03:12 PM
New poll: Which of Wall Street's 25 primate species is the greediest?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/whos-the-greediest-primate-on-wall-street-planet-of-the-apes

JDFP
28-Jul-2010, 03:42 PM
Greediest?

That would be the Federal Government.

It also ranks as the most ineffiicient and often times stifles corporations from succeeding and building on the greatness of our nation.

Oh wait... I forgot... it's popular now to diminish the fact that private corporations are the backbone of this nation which have made America and provide employment for most Americans. It's now popular to ridiculously imply that all companies are "evil!" and people who support them are "evil!". My bad, I almost forgot.

j.p.

Danny
28-Jul-2010, 08:55 PM
Greediest?

It also ranks as the most ineffiicient and often times stifles corporations from succeeding and building on the greatness of our nation.

I would've said the hollywood entertainment machine myself dude :lol:

JDFP
28-Jul-2010, 09:30 PM
I would've said the hollywood entertainment machine myself dude :lol:

Close second. :D:p

j.p.

Mr.G
28-Jul-2010, 11:26 PM
Greediest?

Oh wait... I forgot... it's popular now to diminish the fact that private corporations are the backbone of this nation which have made America and provide employment for most Americans. It's now popular to ridiculously imply that all companies are "evil!" and people who support them are "evil!". My bad, I almost forgot.

j.p.

I like corporations but I don't like them entitled to most of the legal rights of a person...which they are not.

SymphonicX
29-Jul-2010, 12:58 PM
Slightly off topic,...

While watching planet of the apes you're confronted with a point about the difference between monkeys and apes - the apes hate being called monkeys and frequently order people to refer to them as apes, and NOT monkeys...famously the film has dialogue consisting of "we are NOT monkeys, we are APES!" the viewer things, "hmm. that's a very good point".

Apparently the french have the same word for Ape as they do for Monkey, which is "Sange" - this must have made planet of the apes very confusing...
"we are not sange, we are sange! how dare you call us sange!"
to which the french viewers can only have said "hmm, that's a very good point"

bassman
29-Jul-2010, 01:16 PM
Apparently the french have the same word for Ape as they do for Monkey, which is "Sange" - this must have made planet of the apes very confusing...
"we are not sange, we are sange! how dare you call us sange!"
to which the french viewers can only have said "hmm, that's a very good point"

The writer of the novel, Pierre Boulle was French, actually.:lol: