PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3(d)

Tricky
02-Aug-2010, 06:16 PM
Who else has seen this then? I went at the weekend & really enjoyed it, probably the first light hearted film I've been to see in a long time so it was refreshing, and as with Avatar, the 3D worked very well with this one :)
Without wanting to give too much away, a lot of the story is based around growing up & leaving childhood behind, which kinda touched me really, and made me feel both sad & nostalgic about my early/mid teens when I started growing up, outgrew my toys & they ended up packed away in boxes, and are still there to this day!
Its full of laughs, has some great moments & is well worth a watch. There was just as many adults as kids in the cinema too :p

Neil
16-Aug-2010, 10:47 AM
Thought it was good, but not as good as 1 & 2. Thought those felt tighter and more original...

Danny
16-Aug-2010, 07:49 PM
Better than the first, not as good as the second, a little overlong and bloated but the accepting group hand holding during the stuff at the place with the thing and the guys and the big thing....well, i didn't cry btu my eyes watered a little.
-bear in mind i was 7 when the first came out. this was very much a childhood revisitation for me.

darth los
16-Aug-2010, 08:02 PM
Thought it was good, but not as good as 1 & 2. Thought those felt tighter and more original...

That normally happens by the third installment in a trilogy.

Sometimes the question must be asked. Did they really need to make this film?

Probably not.

Did they really need to make 300 million dollars?

Can i get a hell yeah!

And that's really the motivation behind it. Critical acclaim is just icing.

:cool:

Neil
17-Aug-2010, 08:10 AM
It was worth making just for the final line in the film. Jesus! I well up just thinking about it!!