PDA

View Full Version : Looney Tunes theatrical return

bassman
03-Aug-2010, 12:40 AM
The famous Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner are appearing in three new shorts (http://www.joblo.com/new-road-runner-wile-e-coyote-3d-shorts-to-be-featured-before-new-wb-family-films) set to air in front of various upcoming films. In an attempt to bring the franchise into a post-cgi world, the shorts will be 3d animation. I'm a bit weary of the cgi update, but I suppose it could work....

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/looney_tunes_wile_e_coyote_01.jpg

Having met some kids that have no idea what LT is, I'm excited. And the 3D conversion looks spot on in the few photos provided. Too bad I'll most likely never see the films they're attached to.

Anyway....good to see these characters appearing on the big screen again. Hopefully this is WB testing the waters for some sort of feature.

darth los
03-Aug-2010, 02:43 AM
Having met some kids that have no idea what LT is

That's a crime

I've literally almost pissed myself watching those things.

I'm also excited about this.

They don't even give this stuff on tv anymore. However, they still give some Hanna Barbara on boomerang. It's not looney tunes but i still grew up with it.

Shit man, now you got me thinking about the old toons like Woody Woodpecker, chilly willy, heckle and jeckle and mighty mouse! :lol:

:cool:

bassman
03-Aug-2010, 02:47 AM
Shit man, now you got me thinking about the old toons like Woody Woodpecker, chilly willy, heckle and jeckle and mighty mouse! :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see adaptations of these soon. If Alvin & The Chipmunks, The Smurfs, and Yogi Bear are all "new", you know the rest will follow. I would like to give Yogi a chance as it's Dan Aykroyd, but it looks just as bad as Alvin was.

Hell....even Tin Tin is getting a movie from Spielberg!:confused:

Ghost Of War
03-Aug-2010, 07:52 AM
Looney Tunes are fucking ace, I've got all the volumes of The Golden Collection. My kids love them.

DjfunkmasterG
03-Aug-2010, 10:55 AM
If that photo is from the upcoming short... the CG animation looks great. Love the reflection of The Roadrunner in Wile's Knife. :elol:

darth los
03-Aug-2010, 02:46 PM
If that photo is from the upcoming short... the CG animation looks great. Love the reflection of The Roadrunner in Wile's Knife. :elol:

Good attention to detail. I had missed that.

But i guess to do what you do it's a requirement.

LouCipherr
03-Aug-2010, 04:52 PM
That's a crime

Isn't that the truth! I grew up on LT's. My wife, unfortunately, was a Disney nut and never got into Looney Toons, which I personally think should be considered a felony offense. :lol:

darth los
03-Aug-2010, 05:26 PM
Isn't that the truth! I grew up on LT's. My wife, unfortunately, was a Disney nut and never got into Looney Toons, which I personally think should be considered a felony offense. :lol:

Yes they were the 2 factions back in the day. It was like coke and pepsi.

And Hanna Barbara was like RC cola. :lol:

MikePizzoff
04-Aug-2010, 12:33 PM
This is an idea I'm actually all for; I get the feeling they won't screw up and tarnish the original toons.

I'm thankful to have my siblings, whom are 5 & 6 and actually know/love Looney Tunes.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Aug-2010, 05:02 PM

In some cultures... that is a death sentence

bassman
04-Aug-2010, 05:07 PM
In some cultures... that is a death sentence

Or at the very least grounds for a divorce.:D

Tricky
04-Aug-2010, 05:16 PM
Kids have no decent shows these days! Pretty much every program or cartoon aimed at kids is either trying to educate them or trying to push some message on to them about recycling, multiculturalism & global warming, what a load of crap!
Lets hope these new Looney tunes efforts stick to the old formula & havent been watered down by political correctness!

darth los
04-Aug-2010, 05:24 PM
Kids have no decent shows these days! Pretty much every program or cartoon aimed at kids is either trying to educate them or trying to push some message on to them about recycling, multiculturalism & global warming, what a load of crap!
Lets hope these new Looney tunes efforts stick to the old formula & havent been watered down by political correctness!

Yes!

Bring it back to characters being smashed by bolders, falling off cliffs and blowing themselves up with TNT I say! :lol:

bassman
04-Aug-2010, 05:54 PM
Spongebob is the only current show that isn't half bad. My kid loves it and I can also get a good laugh or two per episode.

Tricky
04-Aug-2010, 06:04 PM
Spongebob is the only current show that isn't half bad. My kid loves it and I can also get a good laugh or two per episode.

Get 'em on this :lol:

6c4OLlsy1sA

darth los
04-Aug-2010, 07:03 PM

Tell me about it.

Spongebob is the only curret toon' that can rival the old school in terms of laughs, imo.

Doc
04-Aug-2010, 10:15 PM
Are we talking about the recent Spongebob episodes? Unless, I've missed some really great episodes Spongebob's gone downhill since, Season 3 and the Movie.

bassman
13-Aug-2010, 12:01 PM
The Tunes are coming back in a bigger way (http://joblo.com/a-live-actioncg-bugs-bunny-film-from-the-writer-of-elf-its-true) than I had thought. A Bugs Bunny movie is already in the writing stages, and Cartoon Network is going to air a new Bugs/Daffy cartoon.

Let's hope it's more of the old show rather than Space Jam or Back in Action....

blind2d
14-Aug-2010, 12:34 AM
But Spongebob's been on for quite some time now...
I like the educational cartoons, but I seem to remember them being... better.
Magic School Bus, Arthur... now? I don't know... But yes, LT is where it's at-
"I got two turntables and a microphone!"
-Shut up, Beck! What was I saying? Oh yeah, LT kicks ass. Disney was best, I think, before the '80's. Snow White is awesome... Wait, no, Mulan and Lion King were great... Ahh, how can I choose?! It's like picking your favorite step-parent!
Captain Planet... he's the hero...
The power... is mine!
I'm tired... apologies...

bassman
14-Aug-2010, 02:01 AM
Blind....as usual, I have no idea what you're talking about. :lol:

Speaking of Snow White....we recently picked it up on BR and it's nothing short of amazing. I'm also looking forward to Lion King's BR release. Great flick.

Most of Disney's older stuff is great. It's just a shame how they handle this "limited time" BR crap. Put it out there and leave it out there! Whats the point in it being limited, anyway??:dead: