PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Living Dead Blu-Ray (10% off with Free shipping)

Mr.G
04-Aug-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm getting NOTHING from posting this. I got this forwarded and thought I'd share.

ROTLD Blu-Ray is up for preorder for $17.99, which is a dollar cheaper than Amazon and there's a link to sign-up for FoxConnect emails with a coupon for 10% off, plus free shipping.

http://www.foxconnect.com/return-of-the-living-dead-the-blu-ray-and-dvd-widescreen.html

fulci fan
04-Aug-2010, 04:36 AM
Damn, can't wait. Should make a good blu-ray.

rongravy
05-Aug-2010, 04:23 AM
So...
what has this any different than the newest DVD of RotLD dvd?
I know I'm easily sold and bought, but still...

CooperWasRight
05-Aug-2010, 04:34 AM
So...
what has this any different than the newest DVD of RotLD dvd?
I know I'm easily sold and bought, but still...

480i and 1080p

rongravy
05-Aug-2010, 04:45 AM
480i and 1080p

So mein stoned eyes will see it a little less blurry?
I won't ever be sold on Blu Ray until I can afford it, which will be... never?
:elol:

CooperWasRight
05-Aug-2010, 04:56 AM
So mein stoned eyes will see it a little less blurry?
I won't ever be sold on Blu Ray until I can afford it, which will be... never?
:elol:

If you got a small tv then there isn't a great argument to convince you to go hd... If you don't have a bitty box then hd isnt just about seeing better...it's also about what you wont see...Sheering..pixelation... line skipping... But it's also about the range of reproducible colors...

Not that your idea is the following...but many people arguement goes something like this and I just dont get it..
"I like my source image to be shitty... I like my audio to be compressed and and I prefer a subpar experience!" I mean nobody goes to the theater and says.... "Man I wish the picture and audio was 1/4 or the resolution." So why are these people really arguing for such in there homes?

DjfunkmasterG
05-Aug-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm getting NOTHING from posting this. I got this forwarded and thought I'd share.

ROTLD Blu-Ray is up for preorder for $17.99, which is a dollar cheaper than Amazon and there's a link to sign-up for FoxConnect emails with a coupon for 10% off, plus free shipping.

http://www.foxconnect.com/return-of-the-living-dead-the-blu-ray-and-dvd-widescreen.html

Ordered when I first heard about this... Street Date is 3 days before Monster Mania in Baltimore and the 25th Anniversary of the ROTLD cast... which will be at MM. :D

Already dug my original and rolled 27x40 theatrical out. :elol:

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 05:07 PM
Always looking to blu-rayify my zombie collection.

Thnx for the info. :thumbsup:

:cool:

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 06:10 PM
Any word on the special features? New things for BR or just a port from the standard DVD?

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 06:19 PM
Any word on the special features? New things for BR or just a port from the standard DVD?

Hopefully they'll have them. The extras just add so much value to the purchase.

Nothing can top that BTTF set though!

The replay value on that one is through the roof.

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah, if there are no new features i'll probably pass. Unless of course the old lady talks me into it. She's the fan of this one in our house....

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah, if there are no new features i'll probably pass. Unless of course the old lady talks me into it. She's the fan of this one in our house....

I like her better than you already. :p :D

I'm not saying it's the greatest flick ever but you make it sound as bad as contagium. :dead:

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm not saying it's the greatest flick ever but you make it sound as bad as contagium. :dead:

No...it's not that bad. I can watch it if I have to, it's just not my cup of tea. Sometimes the 80's nostalgia feel to it is fun, but overall I just personally don't like it or understand the praise. Anyway, we've been through all that...

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 06:41 PM
No...it's not that bad. I can watch it if I have to, it's just not my cup of tea. Sometimes the 80's nostalgia feel to it is fun, but overall I just personally don't like it or understand the praise. Anyway, we've been through all that...

You don't even like the punky soundtrack!?!

C'mon. I even like it and I'm a brown guy! :shifty:

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 06:44 PM
Nah. Actually this soundtrack has always been lackluster to me. Nothing really memorable outside of the main theme.

I've warmed up to ROTLD in a weird kind of "I don't like most of it...but I'll watch it" way. It's like Dawn04. I've cooled my hatred for that one as well, but that doesn't mean it's good. Difference of opinions and all. I just try to be nicer about it now.:p

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 07:03 PM
Difference of opinions and all. I just try to be nicer about it now.:p

We need more of that on the boards these days...

rongravy
05-Aug-2010, 09:33 PM
Not that your idea is the following...but many people arguement goes something like this and I just dont get it..
"I like my source image to be shitty... I like my audio to be compressed and and I prefer a subpar experience!" I mean nobody goes to the theater and says.... "Man I wish the picture and audio was 1/4 or the resolution." So why are these people really arguing for such in there homes?
Nahhh, I'm just cheap.
:lol:
I'm sure I'll eventually get one. I just like to fight technology from time to time. That, or wait until the prices become a little more reasonable...

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 09:38 PM
That, or wait until the prices become a little more reasonable...

Blu Rays are cheaper than DVD. Just throwing that out there. Again.

rongravy
07-Aug-2010, 03:55 AM
Blu Rays are cheaper than DVD. Just throwing that out there. Again.

I mean the player. They aren't, and I have an extensive collection of dvds to boot. And I always wonder if the next big thing will go bust. Do blu ray players even play regular dvds?
I unfortunately don't have the money to go get the newest technology, though it'd be nice. If this is the future, then I will get it when it's a little more financially attainable to me.
It kinda pisses me off that they do things like make blu ray only special features you can't get on dvd, like they are trying to MAKE me move on to this. Not fair. If it's so good, then it should sell on its own.
I'm sure blu ray is the bomb, dood. Maybe if I get my old bulky bigscreen TV fixed, I might splurge somewhere.
:lol:

bassman
07-Aug-2010, 01:20 PM
I mean the player. They aren't, and I have an extensive collection of dvds to boot. And I always wonder if the next big thing will go bust. Do blu ray players even play regular dvds?

You can find players for under 200 bucks now. Your extensive DVD collection can remain your extensive dvd collection. Blu Ray players play dvds and actually ramp up the resolution to make them better. So there's no need in replacing your collection. If replacing your entire dvd collection was part of the deal, there's no way I would've bought into blu ray...

rongravy
07-Aug-2010, 02:02 PM
You can find players for under 200 bucks now. Your extensive DVD collection can remain your extensive dvd collection. Blu Ray players play dvds and actually ramp up the resolution to make them better. So there's no need in replacing your collection. If replacing your entire dvd collection was part of the deal, there's no way I would've bought into blu ray...

Cool, my kid was wanting one, and that was what was holding me back. I guess I can kill two birds with one stone if XBOX puts out a new thang with blu ray like I've heard.
It's just like cassettes and cd's, but at least this time it isn't gonna make what I have obsolete.
Sweeeeet.