PDA

View Full Version : 'Zombies vs Vampires' TV series...

Neil
05-Aug-2010, 09:21 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46027

EDukes
05-Aug-2010, 03:24 PM
This sounds like utter shit.

Mr.G
05-Aug-2010, 03:27 PM
Sounds f***ing terrible!

soulsyfn
05-Aug-2010, 03:28 PM
I bet it will be on the CW... :blood:

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 03:30 PM
It's no "The Walking Dead" That's for sure...

:cool:

EDukes
05-Aug-2010, 03:32 PM
It's no "The Walking Dead" That's for sure...

Instead it's being done by the guys who wanted Walking Dead cut down to a PG version. Looks like NBC got their wish.

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 03:39 PM
Instead it's being done by the guys who wanted Walking Dead cut down to a PG version. Looks like NBC got their wish.

Not only Pg version but MTV version as well.

Zombies controlled with medication!?!

What.

The.

Fuck.

It's the release of shit like this why the genre i largely a joke nowdays.

BillyRay
05-Aug-2010, 03:56 PM
I got as far as Zombies vs. Vampires is described as a "fun buddy cop procedural." before I had to run away.

It's obvious that this empty-suits-with-ponytails crowd is picking show ideas randomly out of a hat, now.

These geniuses are getting HOW much money to produce...no....PROCESS this drek, and Deej has to go on Kickstarter to fund his next Zombie Epic?

Not cool, Hollywood.

I think we can distract these guys easily. Just point and shout:

"Look! Over there! A toy from the 70's or 80's that hasn't been turned into a movie franchise yet! GOGEDDIT!!!"

The good news is that I'll have more time to get my own Zombie-Vampire masterpiece produced....:shifty:

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 03:58 PM
"Look! Over there! A toy from the 70's or 80's that hasn't been turned into a movie franchise yet! GOGEDDIT!!!"

Yes, I'm so looking forward to:

SLINKY: Stairway to DOOM!

Muhahahahahahahahaha! :elol:

Neil
05-Aug-2010, 04:44 PM
This sounds like utter shit.

Maybe it could be another 'Fido'?

DjfunkmasterG
05-Aug-2010, 04:56 PM
If they wanna see how successful it will be they should watch this first: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408309/

POSTER ART!
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4118912256/tt0408309

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 05:06 PM
And what's up with the whole homosexual vampire thing?

Is that a pre requisite or something?

Because lestat was gayer than all hell too.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that) :)

DjfunkmasterG
05-Aug-2010, 05:09 PM
Where is that pic of the old guy I used in the Twilight thread... it is around here somewhere... Goddamn it.

OH Found it. :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs049.ash2/35819_124440644265998_100001001884589_136410_73742 22_n.jpg

BillyRay
05-Aug-2010, 05:19 PM
Maybe it could be another 'Fido'?

Before I get snarky, Neil, are you in the Pro-Fido or Anti-Fido camp?

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 05:35 PM
Where is that pic of the old guy I used in the Twilight thread... it is around here somewhere... Goddamn it.

OH Found it. :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs049.ash2/35819_124440644265998_100001001884589_136410_73742 22_n.jpg

I'm sorry but that just elicited this mental image. :lol:

http://memegenerator.net/SGTHARTMAN/ImageMacro/660628/SmallThumbnail.jpg

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman is one of the most kickass movie characters ever.

I wonder how he and rhodes would get along? :confused:

Rancid Carcass
05-Aug-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm guessing this is the start of that slippery slope towards teenage zombie heartthrobs, I can just see it now - will Kimberly get her dream date to the highschool prom with Troy, the totally buff zombie jock? Find out next week on Beverly Hills Graveyard 90210...

I feel sick... :barf:

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm guessing this is the start of that slippery slope towards teenage zombie heartthrobs, I can just see it now - [I]will Kimberly get her dream date to the highschool prom with Troy, the totally buff zombie jock?

Yeah, if she can just get his nose and ears to stop falling off. Not to mention his Johnson! :lol:

BillyRay
05-Aug-2010, 06:01 PM
Swear to Gawd, I'd rather see "Abbott and Costello meet the Living Dead".

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 06:06 PM

Atleast we would get intentional laughs out of it.

We'd be laughing with it instead of at it.

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 06:13 PM
Who wants to bet that Walking Dead wipes the floor with this shit?

ProfessorChaos
05-Aug-2010, 06:19 PM
yeah, the TWD will be beyond epic, i don't think there's any doubt about that. in fact, given how captivating both mad men and breaking bad are, i think that TWD will be off-the-charts and unlike anything we've ever seen.

i'm not even bothering looking up the link about this, as the recent mainstream vampire craze and the silly title of this project are enough to make me aware of what kind of shit this will be.

no thanks.

Neil
05-Aug-2010, 06:26 PM

Dude... I'd not build up expectations too much!

And can we remember one of the most enjoyable zombie flicks in the past decade was a farcical black comedy (Shaun of the Dead)? So why condemn this new idea so quickly?

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 06:26 PM
The effects are awesome but that's not what's getting me worked up about it.

An ongoing series FINALLY gives the chance to explore scenarios that we've discussed ad nauseum here and can give a sense of scope and epicness to the whole thing.

How are diffent gov'ts reacting to this like China, North Korea, the Muslim World.

What are the religious implications?

Would countries actually use nukes when they feel that all is lost?

That would be utterly fascinating to watch unfold.

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 06:27 PM
Dude...it's called Zombies Vs Vampires. When was the last time you saw anything with VS in the title that turned out good?

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 06:54 PM
Monsters vs. Aliens?

BillyRay
05-Aug-2010, 07:00 PM
Obama vs McCain. :D

Epidemic79
06-Aug-2010, 12:06 AM

No shit!

Hell i'd sooner throw money to see the "Three Stooges of the Dead".

NBC at it again,huh. The creator of Who in Progress??? Dont remember hearin about that one. Of course it would be Pathetically hilarious if they did stick Stamos in this steaming monkey turd of an exuse for a show premise.

WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD!

darth los
06-Aug-2010, 12:22 AM
WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD! WALKING DEAD!

I don't think it's an exageration to say that this is the best thing to happen to the genre in...I can't even remember when.

Seriously, when was the last really good zombie film made?

Most of our nerdom on this subject comes from what the genre potentially could be not what it really is.

CAuse let's face it the genre is by and large a joke at present time.

bassman
06-Aug-2010, 12:33 AM
I don't think it's an exageration to say that this is the best thing to happen to the genre in...I can't even remember when.

As far as anticipation, it hasn't been this high since Land. The end result was varied obviously, but the anticipation leading up to it was HUGE. That's how I feel about TWD.

darth los
06-Aug-2010, 12:39 AM
As far as anticipation, it hasn't been this high since Land. The end result was varied obviously, but the anticipation leading up to it was HUGE. That's how I feel about TWD.

Well, let's hope it turns out better than land. I'd like to think the genre's best days are still ahead.

MikePizzoff
06-Aug-2010, 12:59 AM
Finally! While you guys are wasting time watching that utter rubbish "The Walking Dead" I'll be relaxing and enjoying the Zombies VS Vampires TV series. I'm even starting up a forum for it. WHOS COMING WITH ME?!?!

Epidemic79
06-Aug-2010, 01:03 AM
A huge reason why the genre is such a joke now is because most modern film/TV makers the last 10+ years dont want to just make one kind of movie/show. They want to do movies that appeal to Everyone!

So that means anything they make,despite its subject matter,Has to be part Horror/Drama/Romance/Action/Kiddie/Comedy!

Let no man forget how menacing THE WALKING DEAD is,it will be a Lion amongst sheep

darth los
06-Aug-2010, 01:10 AM
Finally! While you guys are wasting time watching that utter rubbish "The Walking Dead" I'll be relaxing and enjoying the Zombies VS Vampires TV series. I'm even starting up a forum for it. WHOS COMING WITH ME?!?!

I got your back!

http://media.photobucket.com/image/i%20got%20your%20back/ItsMyTurn00/BS/Ivegotyourback.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
06-Aug-2010, 01:58 AM

Are you seriously making that statement?

Someone taking a dump and filming it would get higher ratings.

EDukes
06-Aug-2010, 05:08 AM

Not it.

Neil
06-Aug-2010, 06:21 AM
Are you seriously making that statement?

Someone taking a dump and filming it would get higher ratings.

Ummm, you're actually right... "two girls one cup" :stunned:

Ragnarr
20-Sep-2011, 04:42 PM
It never fails to screw with my brain. You have idiots that somehow are in a position to sell their bizarre ideas to clueless execs sitting on piles of money but not knowing what to do with it. "Yes, let's make GAY zombies! That'll surely sell!" **...morons...**