PDA

View Full Version : Romero's tattoo and piercing

thxleo
05-Aug-2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.romerostattooandpiercing.com/

George is scheduled to be at the shop on Saturday, August 7 with Tom Savini.
I guess George is cashing out in his golden years. I don't blame him...why not?

Mr.G
05-Aug-2010, 02:06 PM
That's certainly a random way of getting your name/image out in the public.

soulsyfn
05-Aug-2010, 03:30 PM
I saw this place on my way home from Kennywood... I thought it was just my imagination!

I might have to make it to the shop on Saturday just to see what its like. I will take pictures if I can!

krakenslayer
05-Aug-2010, 08:34 PM
Kind of bizarre that he would even be asked to lend his name, let alone agree to do so, since, as far as I'm aware, Romero has no tattoos (or if he does, he keeps them well hidden). How can he "endorse" a business he has quite clearly never used?

I'm guessing the whole thing is either a favour to a friend, or a new tattooist in town trying to cash in on a piece of local history.

bassman
05-Aug-2010, 08:38 PM
Maybe I'm over looking it, but it seems to me that a place endorsed and named after Romero would advertise tattoos based on his work?
And whats with the random picture of the guy holding his BC Rich? :confused:

If it's this easy, i'm going to see if Romero will endorse my upcoming lingerie shop. That will probably be more related than this...

krakenslayer
05-Aug-2010, 08:54 PM
You know, I'm no body modification connoisseur, but those tats don't even look particularly well done.

EDIT: Look at us, we're so mean to poor GAR now, that we're even slagging off the quality of a tattoo studio that merely bears his name. :p

I still love you really, George! :D

DubiousComforts
06-Aug-2010, 03:38 PM
Maybe I'm over looking it, but it seems to me that a place endorsed and named after Romero would advertise tattoos based on his work?
No, it appears they would rather rip-off a much-maligned image of Kyra Schon and also demonstrate how awful their logo is by forcing a comparison with the ultra-awesome NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD logo.

The web site is confusing.

And whats with the random picture of the guy holding his BC Rich? :confused:
He's the tattoo artist. From Kansas City, MO. Now working in a shop over 800 miles away in western PA.

We'll forgive his crappy taste in guitars since nowhere does he actually claim to be able to play the instrument.

thxleo
07-Aug-2010, 05:59 PM
I went today to check out the place and see George. It turns out that the shop is going to be run by George's son Andrew. He is being taught how to become a tattoo artist by the owner. The shop is filled with memorabilia like old movie posters that once belonged to George.
I hope the shop works out for Andrew.

Rancid Carcass
07-Aug-2010, 06:57 PM
i'm going to see if Romero will endorse my upcoming lingerie shop.

You'll have to call it Aunt Aleisha's Lingerie though, just so (and for no other reason), when people phone the shop you can say "hello, Aunt Aleisha's". That'd amuse the hell outta me all day long... :D

MikePizzoff
07-Aug-2010, 07:29 PM
At first I was psyched and thought I'd go there for another tattoo. After looking at all of the samples, there's no way I'm setting foot in that place.

JDFP
08-Aug-2010, 12:31 AM
You'll have to call it Aunt Aleisha's Lingerie though, just so (and for no other reason), when people phone the shop you can say "hello, Aunt Aleisha's". That'd amuse the hell outta me all day long... :D

God, just so freakin' wrong... and yet I couldn't help almost spitting my fine Milwaukee's Beer out when reading this...

As far as tattoos and Romero, why not? I've never met anyone with tattoos who didn't like zombies.

j.p.

rongravy
08-Aug-2010, 02:01 PM
As far as tattoos and Romero, why not? I've never met anyone with tattoos who didn't like zombies.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one.
:elol:

SymphonicX
08-Aug-2010, 04:28 PM
Spaceballs the FLAMETHROWER!

The kids love that one....

3pidemiC
09-Aug-2010, 12:38 PM
Yikes. Not the place I'd want to go to get a tattoo. Just look at those examples!

DEAD BEAT
09-Aug-2010, 03:29 PM
That's pretty bitchen....guess us west coasters have to just daydream bout this!:(

kinda like a geek that can't get none! lol:D

DjfunkmasterG
09-Aug-2010, 04:11 PM

I suppose the amount of hang up calls from you alone would be 5-10 a day? :lol:

soulsyfn
09-Aug-2010, 04:23 PM
You know I went to this place on saturday also and it wasnt bad, the memorabilia was pretty cool on the walls and all... but the quality of the tat's they show as samples is pretty poor.

The other thing I thought was odd was the location... the area has at least 5 competing shops in a few mile radius. These shops are actually really good... hope he can make it work!

darth los
09-Aug-2010, 04:36 PM
That's certainly a random way of getting your name/image out in the public.

Hey and independent artist has to get creative. :D

:cool:

DEAD BEAT
09-Aug-2010, 06:17 PM

true words my friend!;)

Or you can just whip it out in public....that'll get attention! lol:moon::eek::clown:

bassman
09-Aug-2010, 06:20 PM

After seeing his "art".....can we really call this guy an artist?:lol:

I've seen some prison tattoos that look better than this...

DEAD BEAT
09-Aug-2010, 06:39 PM

true my 10 month old nephew can finger paint better than this! lol:hyper:

darth los
09-Aug-2010, 06:58 PM
true words my friend!;)

Or you can just whip it out in public....that'll get attention! lol:moon::eek::clown:

Biggest piece of meat in the cave! :lol:

And i would know. The bad thing is that your exactly right! LMAO! :lol:

Trin
12-Aug-2010, 04:16 AM
"Hey man, I asked for a bitchin' tattoo of a chick with a snake. WTF is this?"

"Ah, well, what you wanted isn't really what I had in mind. But this tattoo I gave you is commenting on society..."

:lol::moon:

AcesandEights
12-Aug-2010, 02:20 PM
"Hey man, I asked for a bitchin' tattoo of a chick with a snake. WTF is this?"

"Ah, well, what you wanted isn't really what I had in mind. But this tattoo I gave you is commenting on society..."

:lol::moon:

:lol:

Well played, Trin! Just the sort of thing I need to kick the morning off with.

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 02:31 PM
true my 10 month old nephew can finger paint better than this! lol:hyper:

You get what you pay for...:lol:

DEAD BEAT
12-Aug-2010, 03:39 PM
You get what you pay for...:lol:

lol i guess so...looks like ill have to be more selective with my hooker's as well!;)

"man these crabs itch!" :eek::lol::clown:

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 03:53 PM
lol i guess so...looks like ill have to be more selective with my hooker's as well!;)

"man these crabs itch!" :eek::lol::clown:

Off topic:

I see your a Benny Hill fan. You have good taste. He's definitely not for everyone. I don't actullay know anyone in "real life" who digs him. Perhaps they can't get into british comedy. Netflix actually has a treasure trove of his old stuff if you wanna check it out and don't already own them.

Do you know of any sites that sell them on dvd?

My dad put me on to him when I was like 5. That man is like the funniest dude ever. An absolute master of slapstick.

For some reason, it doesn't come off as corny when he does it.

DEAD BEAT
12-Aug-2010, 05:15 PM
Off topic:

I see your a Benny Hill fan. You have good taste. He's definitely not for everyone. I don't actullay know anuone in "real life" who digs him. Perhaps they can't get into british comedy. Netflix actually has a treasure trove of his old stuff if you wanna check it out and don't already own them.

Do you know of any sites that sell them on dvd?

My dad put me on to him when I was like 5. That man is like the funniest dude ever. An absolute master of slapstick.

For some reason, it doesn't come off as corny when he does it.

oh yeah dude i use to watch it when i was a kid with my pop as well!

You know for some reason since the 90's his stuff is falling outta print its gettin harder to find his good stuff...one of the top off my head is called Benny Hill Spotlight...fuckin funny as hell!:evil:

Nobody has done comedy like that again...im totally into slapstick humor luv when they speed the film up..plus you cant go wrong with all the barely dressed girls all over the video's!:eek::cool::clown:

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 05:29 PM
oh yeah dude i use to watch it when i was a kid with my pop as well!

You know for some reason since the 90's his stuff is falling outta print its gettin harder to find his good stuff...one of the top off my head is called Benny Hill Spotlight...fuckin funny as hell!:evil:

Nobody has done comedy like that again...im totally into slapstick humor luv when they speed the film up..plus you cant go wrong with all the barely dressed girls all over the video's!:eek::cool::clown:

Ah yes, I believe those are called the "hills angels years".

The BBC American channel used to air eoisodes a couple years back that has been taken off the air as well.

But like i said check netflix out. They have atleast 10 seperate dvd of his stuff.

Trin
12-Aug-2010, 06:14 PM
The man was the master of facial expressions. Very good stuff.

DEAD BEAT
12-Aug-2010, 08:01 PM
The man was the master of facial expressions. Very good stuff.

Yeah! not everyone can act like a perv and make it funny..but he surely did!:hyper::moon:

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah! not everyone can act like a perv and make it funny..but he surely did!:hyper::moon:

And for some reason or another he was always getting hit in his nuts! :lol:

And it was funny every single time!

They just don't make comedy like that anymore man. :(

Trin
12-Aug-2010, 10:01 PM
Ah yes, I believe those are called the "hills angels years".

I crusted many a sock to those lovely ladies.

darth los
13-Aug-2010, 08:03 AM

I swore those were my girlfriends. Probably the first ones to make my pants feel tight. :lol:

Fecunditatis
13-Aug-2010, 09:34 AM
I guess the Benny Hill discussion is not really an off topic: after all, he is the father of running zombies, isn't he?

(When I was living in the UK I watched a Channel 4 special entitled "TV Moments from Hell" or something like that. It included "The Benny Hill Show" in one of the first positions. So it seems over time it has ended up being embarassing for them, which is a pity).

DEAD BEAT
13-Aug-2010, 03:41 PM

LMAO

I hear ya.....I "white knuckled" them many a night myself!;)

darth los
13-Aug-2010, 04:04 PM
I guess the Benny Hill discussion is not really an off topic: after all, he is the father of running zombies, isn't he?

(When I was living in the UK I watched a Channel 4 special entitled "TV Moments from Hell" or something like that. It included "The Benny Hill Show" in one of the first positions. So it seems over time it has ended up being embarassing for them, which is a pity).

Wow, now that's something i didn't know.

Good bit of trivia dude.

+1. :thumbsup:

DubiousComforts
13-Aug-2010, 06:59 PM
My favorite Benny Hill gag was the signmaker that would always get the word placement wrong -- i.e. FRITZ, THE RAPIST instead of FRITZ, THERAPIST.

I don't know if they'd get away with that on TV today.

AcesandEights
13-Aug-2010, 07:15 PM
My favorite Benny Hill gag was the signmaker that would always get the word placement wrong -- i.e. FRITZ, THE RAPIST instead of FRITZ, THERAPIST.

I don't know if they'd get away with that on TV today.

A few years ago Arrested Development ran with the same gag, with a character who wanted to make a name for himself in the mental health and wellness field by combining both his background as a therapst and analyst...

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4phw5aCFn1qcwgk1o1_500.jpg

Tattooudrew
12-Nov-2010, 08:18 PM
Kind of bizarre that he would even be asked to lend his name, let alone agree to do so, since, as far as I'm aware, Romero has no tattoos (or if he does, he keeps them well hidden). How can he "endorse" a business he has quite clearly never used?

I'm guessing the whole thing is either a favour to a friend, or a new tattooist in town trying to cash in on a piece of local history.

OK after reading this thread seeing where everyone is from an all the negative comments about MY SHOP, yes this is Andrew Romero, one of the owners. George is my dad. IS THAT HARD TO BELIEVE THE MY FATHER GEORGE A.(ndrew) ROMERO WOULD ENDORSE HIS OWN SONS SHOP?

as for the comments regarding the artwork on our website, we had artwork from Tattoo dons old shop in GARFIELD, one of the roughest neighborhoods in pittsburgh, and we have changed the work out since then.. those where only on the site temporarily while our site was being constructed.

soon we will be uploading my work to the site, considering i can sell a drawing for 250$ and i specialize in ZOMBIES, all you zombie lovers should at least stop in before taking some ones advice from NYC who hasn't even taken the time to call the shop, walk in and check things out for themselves, and who would rather troll on forums all day about topics they are ignorant on.

"he other thing I thought was odd was the location... the area has at least 5 competing shops in a few mile radius. These shops are actually really good... hope he can make it work!'

I have to much professional courtesy to talk bad about other shops but since we have moved in an settled 2 of those shops have closed and an artist an piercer from the 3rd shop quit and is working for us now. Im not sure about the other shops you are talking about.

And making fun of don for his guitar only made me smile, because he's a drummer an his true love is a 30 thousand dollar drum kit, he just started playing guitar but thats so irrelevant.
Don has tatt'd several rock stars since the opening of this shop, and many more to come, Don has manny connections in the music industry from when he toured as a drum tech for bands such as iron maiden dream theater WASP, an many many more... one the many things you can talk to us about when you come to the shop :)
If it wasn't for don their would be no shop, no Romero's summer concert series, Romero's would not be on The metal shop or have any plugins to the music community.

feel free to email me at tattooudrew@gmail.com for any information about the shop, i will most likely not return to this forum for any more posts.

bassman
12-Nov-2010, 08:59 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/Diebold89/ohsnap.gif

CoinReturn
12-Nov-2010, 09:15 PM
Hah, cool.

MikePizzoff
15-Nov-2010, 01:14 AM
I wanted to check out their website to see the updated work but it's down... ugh.

Trancelikestate
15-Nov-2010, 10:20 AM
OK after reading this thread seeing where everyone is from an all the negative comments about MY SHOP, yes this is Andrew Romero, one of the owners. George is my dad. IS THAT HARD TO BELIEVE THE MY FATHER GEORGE A.(ndrew) ROMERO WOULD ENDORSE HIS OWN SONS SHOP?

as for the comments regarding the artwork on our website, we had artwork from Tattoo dons old shop in GARFIELD, one of the roughest neighborhoods in pittsburgh, and we have changed the work out since then.. those where only on the site temporarily while our site was being constructed.

soon we will be uploading my work to the site, considering i can sell a drawing for 250$ and i specialize in ZOMBIES, all you zombie lovers should at least stop in before taking some ones advice from NYC who hasn't even taken the time to call the shop, walk in and check things out for themselves, and who would rather troll on forums all day about topics they are ignorant on.

"he other thing I thought was odd was the location... the area has at least 5 competing shops in a few mile radius. These shops are actually really good... hope he can make it work!'

I have to much professional courtesy to talk bad about other shops but since we have moved in an settled 2 of those shops have closed and an artist an piercer from the 3rd shop quit and is working for us now. Im not sure about the other shops you are talking about.

And making fun of don for his guitar only made me smile, because he's a drummer an his true love is a 30 thousand dollar drum kit, he just started playing guitar but thats so irrelevant.
Don has tatt'd several rock stars since the opening of this shop, and many more to come, Don has manny connections in the music industry from when he toured as a drum tech for bands such as iron maiden dream theater WASP, an many many more... one the many things you can talk to us about when you come to the shop :)
If it wasn't for don their would be no shop, no Romero's summer concert series, Romero's would not be on The metal shop or have any plugins to the music community.

feel free to email me at tattooudrew@gmail.com for any information about the shop, i will most likely not return to this forum for any more posts.

I don't think any harm was meant by kraken at all there Andrew. Tattoos are one of those things people just happen to be uber critical on. I'm sure given time your shop will (if not already did) have built up the reputation and portfolio that it deserves.

As for the forum goes, welcome! Were obviously happy to have you here even if you don't return it was cool to see a Romero on the boards.

general tbag
16-Nov-2010, 07:19 AM
About Me...
Hey im Andrew Romero, i work at Romero's tattoo and piercing.. george romero is my dad, and iv bin waiting for this moment my whole life....

MYSTERY SOLVED!
http://www.lostzombies.com/profile/DrewRomero

Thorn
16-Nov-2010, 01:15 PM

This was hysterical