View Full Version : Gaming's Most Obsessive Moments

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 06:11 PM
Fuuny stuff in there. Mostly because I'm guilty of a few of them. :lol:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1110362p1.html

:cool:

Tricky
05-Aug-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm guilty of a few of them! :lol: I'm also guilty of for some reason always playing a level in the same way, even in newer open world games where you have plenty of choice! I downloaded a megadrive emulator for my new phone recently, and still play the games the same way I did when I was 10 years old :confused:

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm guilty of a few of them! :lol: I'm also guilty of for some reason always playing a level in the same way, even in newer open world games where you have plenty of choice! I downloaded a megadrive emulator for my new phone recently, and still play the games the same way I did when I was 10 years old :confused:

Hey, if it ain't broke right?

But i had no idea these were obsessions until they were pointed out to me. :lol:

I've sent that article to a few people and all the responses were just like ours. lol

AcesandEights
05-Aug-2010, 07:41 PM
I definitely saw a few that I'm guilty of. :shifty:

Tricky
05-Aug-2010, 07:47 PM
The most glaring one for me in that list though is the ammo clip one, I ALWAYS do that :lol:

darth los
05-Aug-2010, 07:52 PM
I definitely saw a few that I'm guilty of. :shifty:

Or how about in L4D when a dude is still relatively healthy, still has their healthpack and pills but will still heal or drink his pills and take another one when a teamate needs it more. :mad:

That's a kickable offence in my book.

MikePizzoff
06-Aug-2010, 12:55 AM
:lol: That was pretty good - I'm completely guilty of a lot of those.

SymphonicX
06-Aug-2010, 05:12 PM
yep, at least 7 of those for me especially the "ammo up, save, health up, save, etc etc"

It just makes sense so u don't have to start the game fresh and have to ammo up and sort all your belongings out before setting off!

Danny
06-Aug-2010, 05:20 PM
Guilty of every single one. :lol:

darth los
06-Aug-2010, 05:37 PM
Back in the day i was defnitely a completionist. I know hells is definitely one.

However, I don't have time for that sorts stuff anymore, but i would if i could. :(

MinionZombie
06-Aug-2010, 06:13 PM
From that list, four for definite, but add three as "sort ofs" ... so, hehe.

Tricky - yeah, I've done that, playing the same level in the same way over and over again - on titles such as COD2, for example.

And yes, the ammo clip thing - I want to pick the fucker up, damnit! :lol:

Also, as an extension, even if I fire off like one round I have to reload - because you never know when you might have to fire off an entire clip, and need that one missing bullet that you fired but didn't reload after! :D I recently played Splinter Cell Conviction and I was always doing that - "whoosh, headshot, RELOAD!" :lol:

Trin
06-Aug-2010, 06:25 PM
I really figured when I saw the title I was in trouble. But I'm guilty of absolutely none of them.

MikePizzoff
07-Aug-2010, 11:37 AM
Also, as an extension, even if I fire off like one round I have to reload - because you never know when you might have to fire off an entire clip, and need that one missing bullet that you fired but didn't reload after! :D I recently played Splinter Cell Conviction and I was always doing that - "whoosh, headshot, RELOAD!" :lol:

YES! I'm surprised this one wasn't on the list. This is my biggest flaw in gaming. Completely my downfall in multiplayer FPS's.

darth los
07-Aug-2010, 09:28 PM
YES! I'm surprised this one wasn't on the list. This is my biggest flaw in gaming. Completely my downfall in multiplayer FPS's.

Guilty as charged. :lol:

The risk you take is that in that 3 seconds things could go to shit and you for all intents and purposes have no weapon.