PDA

View Full Version : Mission Impossible 4 (film)

Neil
06-Aug-2010, 07:37 AM
I thought MI3 was a pretty great flick! Certainly far better than than pile of poo that was released under the name of MI2 :)

So it seems we're going to get MI4, directed by Brad Bird no less :)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tom-Cruise-Took-A-Pay-Cut-To-Get-Mission-Impossible-4-Made-20006.html

SymphonicX
06-Aug-2010, 07:47 AM
Oh no! I don't share the sentiment unfortunately Neil :(

I thought number 1 was an espionage adventure of genius - great movie, intense, political, and fun - even Cruise was palatable...

Then they turned it into an action movie with number 2 - and number 3 killed me, I hated it - gimmicky, stupid and deliberately vague to the point of the audience asking "what was the point in that?" - not finding out about the thing they were supposed to be chasing around the world was frustrating and made the movie pointless.

If they inject some of what number 1 had in this new one I'll be happy, unfortunately so far 2 and 3 have been the most similar with number 1 being the most original out of the 3...

Neil
06-Aug-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh no! I don't share the sentiment unfortunately Neil :(

I thought number 1 was an espionage adventure of genius - great movie, intense, political, and fun - even Cruise was palatable...

Then they turned it into an action movie with number 2 - and number 3 killed me, I hated it - gimmicky, stupid and deliberately vague to the point of the audience asking "what was the point in that?" - not finding out about the thing they were supposed to be chasing around the world was frustrating and made the movie pointless.

If they inject some of what number 1 had in this new one I'll be happy, unfortunately so far 2 and 3 have been the most similar with number 1 being the most original out of the 3...

2 and 3 were light years apart IMHO!

2 was rediculous over the top nonsense. Where as at least 3 tried to keep at least one toe on the ground! And everytime I saw a slow-mo dove in MI2, I nearly vomited! And the rediculous scooby doo mask scenes were priceless :annoyed:

ps: I think I prefered 3 to 1!

bassman
06-Aug-2010, 12:00 PM
And the rediculous scooby doo mask scenes were priceless :annoyed:

Now it's been a while since I've seen any of the three films, but aren't there "realistic" masks in every one of them?

I'm not too excited about this. I'll see it, but I'm not holding out any kind of hope for a great film.

And I like MI2, btw. It's fun! :moon:

wayzim
06-Aug-2010, 12:11 PM
I thought MI3 was a pretty great flick! Certainly far better than than pile of poo that was released under the name of MI2 :)

So it seems we're going to get MI4, directed by Brad Bird no less :)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tom-Cruise-Took-A-Pay-Cut-To-Get-Mission-Impossible-4-Made-20006.html

Being of a generation who watched the TV series with Peter Graves when it originally aired, I was deeply PO'd by the vile movie script choice to make Mr. Phelps(otherwise ably played by Jon Voight )into a villain. Enough trouncing on the TV heros of my youth. Bastards.

Nuff said.

Wayne Z

SymphonicX
06-Aug-2010, 12:30 PM
yeah everyone says they hate what happened to Jim Phelps. I still love the original series, just one episode walks over any of the 3 movies...

DjfunkmasterG
06-Aug-2010, 01:22 PM
Well Brad Bird is a competent guy, so I will give him the benefit when I rent it on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Sorry but I am not spending $12.50 to go see this, I will rent it for $1.50 from REDBOX Blu-Ray services.

However, I will blow my $12.50 to go see Tom play Les Grossman when they get that out, if they do. :sneaky:

JDFP
06-Aug-2010, 01:40 PM
Eh, zero interest...

Haven't seen the third one and don't really intend to, just not my cup of tea.

Mindless non-realistic action films just don't do anything for me.

I prefer mindless non-realistic horror films instead. :)

j.p.

bassman
06-Aug-2010, 01:42 PM
Mindless non-realistic action films just don't do anything for me.

Your testes have been revoked.:D

JDFP
06-Aug-2010, 01:59 PM
Your testes have been revoked.:D

Eh, at least I have them where they can be taken, Bass. :p

I dunno, I guess I'm getting old -- but seeing big booms of shit blowing up and the like just doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather see an independent film with character development and a plot that seems logical as opposed to most Hollywood films today.

j.p.

bassman
29-Jun-2011, 12:20 PM
V0LQnQSrC-g

The rap song seems like a sad attempt to make the movie look "da bomb" or some such nonsense, but the movie itself looks alright. It should fit in nicely with the previous entries.

Neil
16-Dec-2011, 09:11 AM
AICN loves it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52307

AcesandEights
16-Dec-2011, 05:33 PM
Am I overlooking previous plot points or is every movie about Ethan Hunt and his team being disavowed?!

zombie04
17-Dec-2011, 02:06 AM
Am I overlooking previous plot points or is every movie about Ethan Hunt and his team being disavowed?!

Don't worry, it's just the plot of 1 and now 4. It's been a while since I've seen MI2, but all I remember is slow motion and doves.

Bad Ronald
17-Dec-2011, 07:09 AM
This Neil bot loves his spamming.

Trim that sig uncle.

Neil
17-Dec-2011, 08:55 AM
Cinema Blend loves it too - http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Mission-Impossible-Ghost-Protocol-5589.html

Neil
17-Jan-2012, 12:37 PM
Watched it last night.

Enjoyed it, but have to say I enjoyed no.3 more...