PDA

View Full Version : Why guns and weddings are a bad mix...

Neil
09-Aug-2010, 12:18 PM
Seems his wedding night went off with the wrong sort of a bang!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10908830

bassman
09-Aug-2010, 12:23 PM
They should look into blanks....

DjfunkmasterG
09-Aug-2010, 01:12 PM
Damn... that sucks.

From reading that it seems to be a common occurrence.

Surprised they haven't outlawed it.

Poor guy, was supposed to be a happy day in his life instead it turned into a full blown nightmare. I would never want my soul or conscience to carry around the knowledge I shot and killed my Father and Family members... even if it was an accident.

AcesandEights
09-Aug-2010, 03:33 PM
Kemal would not be pleased! :(

darth los
09-Aug-2010, 03:58 PM
What a moron.

It never ceases to amaze me how much in the dark ages these people are.

:cool:

AcesandEights
09-Aug-2010, 04:07 PM
What a moron.

It never ceases to amaze me how much in the dark ages these people are.

The scary thing is, Turkey is relatively modern, forward-thinking and secular, for that part of the world. Obviously, having to classify my last statement makes it sound bad, but it's kind of interesting how raw all the backwoods parts of our respective countries can be. I'm assuming the Southeastern/Southcentral part of Turkey is pretty 'out in the country', for lack of a better term, and considering it's on the border with Syria I can understand weapons being more common place in the day-to-day lives of the people there.

darth los
09-Aug-2010, 04:11 PM
The scary thing is, Turkey is relatively modern, forward-thinking and secular, for that part of the world. Obviously, having to classify my last statement makes it sound bad, but it's kind of interesting how raw all the backwoods parts of our respective countries can be. I'm assuming the Southeastern/Southcentral part of Turkey is pretty 'out in the country', for lack of a better term, and considering it's on the border with Syria I can understand weapons being more common place in the day-to-day lives of the people there.

Well, now that you put it that way this story could have said rural kentucky and wouldn't have even batted an eye.

Publius
12-Aug-2010, 09:25 AM
I remember reading of one of those incidents a few years ago where a couple of people were killed at a wedding due to someone firing into the air in celebration. The shooter forgot that the wedding was being held indoors. With a concrete ceiling.

slickwilly13
12-Aug-2010, 01:36 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that AK-47s were easier to use and control compared to other assault rifles. I wonder how in the hell he lost control of the weapon? From what I have been told and read the AK-47 can be used by a small woman or child with little to no problems.

bassman
12-Aug-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah, but mix guns with alcohol and anything is possible....

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 01:49 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that AK-47s were easiery to use and control compared to other assault rifles. I wonder how in the hell he lost control of the weapon? From what I have been told and read the AK-47 can be used by a small woman or child with little to no problems.

That's assuming he knew how to handle the weapon.

You ever see these gangsta thug wanna bees holding a "gat"?

They have it cocked sideways. Yeah it looks really cool and all but they couldn't hit the side of a barn a 20 yards. :rolleyes:

AcesandEights
12-Aug-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, but mix guns with alcohol and anything is possible....

Listen to the man, he's a Southerner--he knows these things!

:D

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 02:31 PM
Listen to the man, he's a Southerner--he knows these things!

:D

I peg him for a Jim Beam/Jack daniels man.

bassman
12-Aug-2010, 03:28 PM
I peg him for a Jim Beam/Jack daniels man.

Jack Daniels, shotguns, and KFC! Now that's a shindig of a weddin, son!:p

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 03:48 PM
Jack Daniels, shotguns, and KFC! Now that's a shindig of a weddin, son!:p

Sounds like everyday at my house. :D

Publius
13-Aug-2010, 09:53 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that AK-47s were easier to use and control compared to other assault rifles. I wonder how in the hell he lost control of the weapon? From what I have been told and read the AK-47 can be used by a small woman or child with little to no problems.

They're easy to use in the sense that it takes little instruction to teach someone how to operate the controls, and they're certainly easy to maintain, but they're not particularly controllable in full-auto. They have more recoil than an M-16, for example. And at least in normal operation you have gravity working to pull the gun back down level when recoil is working to kick the muzzle up. If you're shooting up into the air, the muzzle is already pointing up, recoil tends to kick the gun off to the side and gravity amplifies the effect.