PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster.com now has games...

CooperWasRight
10-Aug-2010, 07:01 AM
I hate to schill for a company but blockbuster.com now offers games.. 20.00 for 3 out at a time and the ability to rent games and movies and go to your local store...if there is one near by to swap out anytime.

bassman
10-Aug-2010, 11:31 AM
This is new?:confused:

Danny
10-Aug-2010, 11:51 AM

CooperWasRight
10-Aug-2010, 12:56 PM

Yes this is new... They are now competitors of gamefly... Before they were just in the movies by mail.

bassman
10-Aug-2010, 01:40 PM
Blockbuster has had games available for quite some time....

BillyRay
10-Aug-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes this is new... They are now competitors of gamefly... Before they were just in the movies by mail.

Well, they're in the same business as Gamefly, but I'm not sure I'd call them a competitor...

CooperWasRight
10-Aug-2010, 04:10 PM
Blockbuster has had games available for quite some time....

I cant respond without sounding like an asshole... Read the post.

here is a legend:

Blockbuster.com is not the same as your local blockbuster
Gamefly sends games through the mail

I would not post this stating blockbuster.com now offers this service if it wasnt new.

bassman
10-Aug-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm not trying to be an ass, I just thought that BB has had games available for a while? Both in store and online.

My mistake.

Mr.G
10-Aug-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm not trying to be an ass, I just thought that BB has had games available for a while? Both in store and online.

My mistake.

I'm surprised BB exists given they compete with netflix and redbox.

CooperWasRight
10-Aug-2010, 04:39 PM

Them adding games to there by mails service may be there swan song or it may just save em. They have been treading water for so long and they got into the film by mail service abit late in the game... They also now have there own equivalent to the redbox.

It is kind of crazy to watch the birth of an industry and in a few short decades watch it go extinct... Especially one I grew up on and has a special place in my heart.. If blockbuster does not pull through then pretty much all thats left is the death rattle of the video store industry.

Broadband speeds are just around the corner when you could dl a dual layer blu-ray in under a minute... Here is a dated example http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1042158/japanese-offer-gigabit-per

They have already past such speeds. The day of physical mediums for films and music are near an end.. With on demand through cable providers and legal streaming/downloading of film and the not so legal it is really only a matter of time.

That whole technological exponential curve thing sometimes is really brought into tangible example.

darth los
10-Aug-2010, 04:42 PM

I hate to schill for a company but blockbuster.com now offers games.. 20.00 for 3 out at a time and the ability to rent games and movies and go to your local store...if there is one near by to swap out anytime.

What's brilliant is that they now have their hands in both the game and movie rental biz while netflix is just movies and gamefly is just games.

I happen to subscribe to both and if I can get the same service from one place and have it be cheaper that sounds like the way to go.

This might actually resurect them from the dead, who knows?

All it takes is one good idea. Let's not forget apple was a dead company until the i pod did the same for it so...

:cool:

CooperWasRight
10-Aug-2010, 05:05 PM
What's brilliant is that they now have their hands in both the game and movie rental biz while netflix is just movies and gamefly is just games.

I happen to subscribe to both and if I can get the same service from one place and have it be cheaper that sounds like the way to go.

This might actually resurect them from the dead, who knows?

All it takes is one good idea. Let's not forget apple was a dead company until the i pod did the same for it so...

The reason I put the thread up is I suspected there maybe a few that had both or maybe wanted both but had to choose one or the other...

darth los
10-Aug-2010, 05:15 PM
The reason I put the thread up is I suspected there maybe a few that had both or maybe wanted both but had to choose one or the other...

I appretiate it. You can best believe I will be inquiring further...

Anything to trim the fat off the budget, especially nowdays.