View Full Version : Ah, dear? I think it's time to head inside!

LouCipherr
11-Aug-2010, 12:34 PM
A massive storm approaching Finland, caught on video.

I've never seen something so ominous in my life - and this is not time-lapse, either, this is in real time! If I saw that approaching a beach I was sitting on, I don't know what I'd do. :stunned:

Check it out: http://www.hs.fi/thickbox/video/1135259206031?KeepThis=true

Danny
11-Aug-2010, 12:38 PM
Jeesus Kristus, miten kauhistuttavia

Mr.G
11-Aug-2010, 12:39 PM
Now that's a storm!

bassman
11-Aug-2010, 12:42 PM
Reminds me of the spaceships coming down in Close Encounters/Independence Day.:lol:

LouCipherr
11-Aug-2010, 12:43 PM
Jeesus Kristus, miten kauhistuttavia

You can say that again! :lol:

Reminds me of the spaceships coming down in Close Encounters/Independence Day.:lol:

:lol: I have to agree now that you've mentioned it!

DjfunkmasterG
11-Aug-2010, 01:40 PM
I can't believe the amount of people just standing there...

Run you dumb fucks. Can't you see the large bolts of lightning shooting from the Dark cloud of death?

bassman
11-Aug-2010, 01:46 PM
Run you dumb fucks. Can't you see the large bolts of lightning shooting from the Dark cloud of death?

Some people don't care about lightening. I've got a friend that LOVES being outside in the middle of lightning storms. Once had one hit a tree so close to the house that it made my computer monitor change colors for about a week, and his ass was sitting out on the front porch. I go running out there to make sure he's alive and he's just sitting there with a big grin on his face smoking a cigarette. Moron.:lol:

AcesandEights
11-Aug-2010, 01:54 PM
That's real footage, completely unaltered??? :eek:

BillyRay
11-Aug-2010, 02:10 PM
If I saw that approaching a beach I was sitting on, I don't know what I'd do.

Scream "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" just to be on the safe side...

DjfunkmasterG
11-Aug-2010, 02:28 PM
That's real footage, completely unaltered??? :eek:

I believe the safe bet from all of us is to assume it is un-altered.

OFF TOPIC:

Billy Ray your signature has so much significance especially when considering the Leaving Romero Thread

ON TOPIC:

Sorry but if I see the cloud of death heading my way... I run for cover I have seen and read too many sci-fi books and horror films to know that anything that could possibly come from clouds that menacing and dark... can't be good.

darth los
11-Aug-2010, 02:33 PM
I can't believe the amount of people just standing there...

Those are the same yo yo's that stand on rooftops praying to be evacuated after they've been warned about imminent death for 3 days. :rolleyes:

:cool:

bassman
11-Aug-2010, 02:45 PM
Those are the same yo yo's that stand on rooftops praying to be evacuated after they've been warned about imminent death for 3 days. :rolleyes:

HA! Los said yo yo's! Coolest insult ever....

You should work in lame brains as well. :lol:

LouCipherr
11-Aug-2010, 03:23 PM
I believe the safe bet from all of us is to assume it is un-altered.

Sorry but if I see the cloud of death heading my way... I run for cover I have seen and read too many sci-fi books and horror films to know that anything that could possibly come from clouds that menacing and dark... can't be good.

It sure seems unaltered to me, and it's certainly not time-lapse, either. I don't know, but I'm assuming it's as real as real can get. I've seens storms similar (not as menacing) approach the beaches here, but this one is just unruly!

I agree with Dj - the second I see that shit heading my way? I'll be stepping ON those lame-brains (hah! there ya go, bassman!) sitting on the beach screaming "RUN YOU DUMB FUCKS! DON'T YOU HAVE EYES?!" :lol:

darth los
11-Aug-2010, 03:40 PM
HA! Los said yo yo's! Coolest insult ever....

You should work in lame brains as well. :lol:

It just seemed appropriate at the time. :lol:

MikePizzoff
11-Aug-2010, 04:15 PM
Holy shit. Thats some freaky shit. I've never seen anything like that and I'm sure if I witnessed that in person I'd be about 2 seconds away from shitting my pants. "The bastards have landed!"

darth los
11-Aug-2010, 04:20 PM
Holy shit. Thats some freaky shit. I've never seen anything like that and I'm sure if I witnessed that in person I'd be about 2 seconds away from shitting my pants. "The bastards have landed!"

You just know there were some evangelicals praying to their god on that one. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
11-Aug-2010, 04:53 PM
or Bill Murray preaching about dogs and cats living together... Mass Hysteria :lol:

darth los
11-Aug-2010, 05:08 PM
or Bill Murray preaching about dogs and cats living together... Mass Hysteria :lol:

That scene is one of the greatest in moviedom, imo.

That whole bit in the mayor's office, from calling him lenny to calling peck dickless is absolutely priceless. Comedic genius at it's finest.

"Is this true?"

"Yes it's true. This man has no dick." ROLMAO! :lol::lol:

bassman
11-Aug-2010, 05:34 PM
I agree. Great comedy.:D

"Is this true?"

"Yes it's true. This man has no dick." ROLMAO! :lol::lol:

Ever seen the tv version? Makes no sense.

"The power grid was shut off by wally wick, here"

"Is this true?"

"Yes....this is mr wally wick":confused:

This was all actually filmed...

darth los
11-Aug-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree. Great comedy.:D

"Is this true?"

Really? :lol:

That's almost as funny as the DOTD version they show on sy-fy.

JDFP
11-Aug-2010, 06:47 PM
If I saw that coming my way...

I'd reach into my cooler and pull out another beer and start downing it as quickly as I could. Then I'd reach for another beer... and another...

:)

j.p.

Legion2213
11-Aug-2010, 07:06 PM
Honestly, would any of you been suprised if some gigantic Mecha had emerged from that shooting lasers and missiles all over the place? :D

BillyRay
11-Aug-2010, 07:12 PM
Honestly, would any of you been suprised if some gigantic Mecha had emerged from that shooting lasers and missiles all over the place? :D

Probably not, since it would have been all over the news by now...:p

JDFP
11-Aug-2010, 07:16 PM
Unless... the Finnish government is attempting to suppress the rest of what really happened. :sneaky:

j.p.

Legion2213
11-Aug-2010, 07:19 PM
Unless... the Finnish government is attempting to suppress the rest of what really happened. :sneaky:

j.p.

http://www.itulip.com/images/tinfoilhat300.jpg

LouCipherr
11-Aug-2010, 07:23 PM

j.p.

It was the Blues and the Grays! I swear! http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/images/emoticons//tinfoilhatsmile.gif

MikePizzoff
11-Aug-2010, 11:01 PM

"Is this true?"

:lol: WTF?! They actually FILMED them saying that?! :confused: If it wasn't a dub-over, why didn't they just think of something to say that made more sense...?

You've stumped me this time, Mr Raimis/Reitman/Aykroyd.

bassman
11-Aug-2010, 11:54 PM
:lol: WTF?! They actually FILMED them saying that?! :confused: If it wasn't a dub-over, why didn't they just think of something to say that made more sense...?

Yup. For both films they actually filmed "tv friendly" dialogue that was later cut in for broadcast. Most of these alternate takes can be found on youtube, and every one of them is as bad as "Wally wick".

It must've been sent by the higher ups at the studio....

darth los
12-Aug-2010, 12:40 AM
It seems as if every artist kneels and blows the money god sooner or later. :rolleyes:

Rancid Carcass
12-Aug-2010, 01:12 AM

Actually I was thinking along the lines of a big-ass flying saucer like Independence Day.

CooperWasRight
12-Aug-2010, 01:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing... Then when it started to get close it was reminding me of The Mist

acealive1
12-Aug-2010, 10:05 AM
do you hear that? thats me shitting myself

Kaos
12-Aug-2010, 12:06 PM
What happened after the mist overtook everything? I mean how did you handle the giant bugs sticking to your windows and such?

Wyldwraith
12-Aug-2010, 01:01 PM
The interesting thing was,
That 7-8 more people didn't move back into frame/closer to the storm until the storm had all but engulfed the airspace over the beach.

As someone that lives in FL (a lightning-strike hot spot) I can say that NO WAY, NO HOW am I moving TOWARDS a storm like that unless I have to skirt its edge to reach better shelter.

It's an ambition of mine not to have hundreds of thousands of volts course through my body, what can I say?