PDA

View Full Version : American Dad 'Raptures Delight'

Rottedfreak
13-Aug-2010, 12:29 PM
I know this is late but did anyone see this episode? The Christmas one where the rapture happens, Stand and Francine are left behind, they seperate and armageddon occurs.
I couldn't believe the ending, it throws continuity into question either AD is now set in Stans personal heaven or this was the final episode and everything after is set before.

bassman
13-Aug-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm not familiar with this episode in particular, but if Family Guy is any kind of indication - there's no such thing as continuity in McFarlane's shows.

slickwilly13
13-Aug-2010, 03:33 PM
I think it was a one-shot episode. There was another one that is a James Bond parody with Roger as the main villian.

Danny
13-Aug-2010, 04:12 PM
yeah, american dad starts to go downhill from around that season, shark jumping abounds don't worry about it. it just turns into the usual seth mcfarlane stuff.

But honestly all of them have gone downhill this year, even the current south park season was probably the worst one yet. its what happens when creators dont take breaks and just vomit constant shows year after year. I call it simpsons syndrome.

bassman
13-Aug-2010, 05:04 PM
it just turns into the usual seth mcfarlane stuff.

"Like that one time...." :rolleyes:

The first couple of seasons of Family Guy were great, but by the time it was cancelled and brought back the charm had faded and the repetitive jokes just killed it. If I have to see the fucking chicken fight or "ahhhh, shhhh, ahhhh" one more time I'm going to put a price out on McFarlane's head. :lol:

Never cared much for American Dad. The german fish was funny, but that was about it. And don't get me started on the Cleveland Show. Jesus....does McFarlane OWN fox now?

LouCipherr
13-Aug-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm not familiar with this episode in particular, but if Family Guy is any kind of indication - there's no such thing as continuity in McFarlane's shows.

*nods head in agreement*

I really, really like Family Guy, but AD? Not so much. I watch it once in a while, but I don't go out of my way to catch it like I do FG.

I've seen the episode in question, too, but to be honest, I don't remember how it ended! Damn the short-term memory loss! :lol: :D

BillyRay
13-Aug-2010, 05:59 PM
"Like that one time...." :rolleyes:

The first couple of seasons of Family Guy were great, but by the time it was cancelled and brought back the charm had faded and the repetitive jokes just killed it. If I have to see the fucking chicken fight or "ahhhh, shhhh, ahhhh" one more time I'm going to put a price out on McFarlane's head. :lol:

Wow that's harsh...We need a distraction...

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty...

PK5qKhPBnlA

(and the Residents)

bassman
13-Aug-2010, 06:32 PM
Ugh....exactly. Sometimes I think they recycle these jokes like Conway Twitty just because they don't have anything new and funny to do. So just use that to take up a good 5 minutes of the 20 minute show!:rolleyes:

Rottedfreak
13-Aug-2010, 07:25 PM
*nods head in agreement*

I really, really like Family Guy, but AD? Not so much. I watch it once in a while, but I don't go out of my way to catch it like I do FG.

I've seen the episode in question, too, but to be honest, I don't remember how it ended! Damn the short-term memory loss! :lol: :D

Stan dies and ascends to heaven he is given a door to his own personal heaven, which is what his heart most desires, he steps through and finds himself back to before the Rapture started only the rapture won't happen.

Funny that people bring up Conway Twitty and the Giant chicken...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyiyj85BtwE

I think it was a mistake to bring back the Giant chicken, sprained foot and Kool Aid Man but it's likely through the change in writers in seasons 3, 4, 7 and now 9.

LouCipherr
13-Aug-2010, 07:55 PM
Ugh....exactly. Sometimes I think they recycle these jokes like Conway Twitty just because they don't have anything new and funny to do. So just use that to take up a good 5 minutes of the 20 minute show!:rolleyes:

They're what I call "MacFarlane Time Wasters" - it's like when Peter falls down and huts his knee and sits there holding it and whining about it for 2 minutes.. I mean, WTF? GET BACK TO THE SHOW ALREADY! :lol:

They utilize a LOT of these in FG... no idea if it's supposed to be funny (most of the time it's not) or just to waste time... *shrugs shoulders*

Doc
13-Aug-2010, 08:06 PM
Don't forget the random and pointless, and somtimes overly long flashbacks!

Danny
13-Aug-2010, 08:19 PM
its all a money sink at the end of the day. hell the latest season of family guy has a 3 minute long conway twiddy cutaway of a rehashed joke simply becuase fox owns the twiddy footage and now has to animate 3 minutes less of a 22 odd minutes long show.

bassman
13-Aug-2010, 08:39 PM

its all a money sink at the end of the day. hell the latest season of family guy has a 3 minute long conway twiddy cutaway of a rehashed joke simply becuase fox owns the twiddy footage and now has to animate 3 minutes less of a 22 odd minutes long show.

Anyone else getting an echo in here?:p;)

Danny
13-Aug-2010, 08:51 PM
Anyone else getting an echo in here?:p;)

Yeah it reminds me of that time when-

Rottedfreak
14-Aug-2010, 08:17 PM
Has anyone noticed the writers now refer to their gags as manatee jokes as a reference to South Park Cartoon Wars? I was really surprised they took it in good humour.