PDA

View Full Version : Next Terminator flick...

Neil
13-Aug-2010, 03:49 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/3D-Animated-Terminator-Movie-In-The-Works-20141.html

LouCipherr
13-Aug-2010, 03:57 PM
There's 2 problems with this:

1) They're making another Terminator movie

and

2) It's animated.

No thanks. NEXT! :lol: :D

In all seriousness, I lost interest after T2. I did see T3 and the latest one, but they just weren't all that IMO. Quit while you're behind I say! :D

MikePizzoff
13-Aug-2010, 04:03 PM
I hated T3. I didn't see Salvation (in fear of it sucking) until about 2 weeks ago, but I ended up thoroughly enjoying it.

I will definitely see this. If this is done in the same way Resident Evil: Degeneration was (visuals wise) then it will certainly have potential to kick major ass.

darth los
13-Aug-2010, 04:11 PM
There's 2 problems with this:

1) They're making another Terminator movie

and

2) It's animated.

No thanks. NEXT! :lol: :D

In all seriousness, I lost interest after T2. I did see T3 and the latest one, but they just weren't all that IMO. Quit while you're behind I say! :D

I hated T3. I didn't see Salvation (in fear of it sucking) until about 2 weeks ago, but I ended up thoroughly enjoying it.

I will definitely see this. If this is done in the same way Resident Evil: Degeneration was (visuals wise) then it will certainly have potential to kick major ass.

I also enjoyed salvaition except for the giving up my heart to save this guy i don't even know fantasy. :rolleyes:

I mean, who's doin' that?

T3 was a carbon copy of T2 except it failed on every level the T2 succeded in.

:cool:

JDFP
13-Aug-2010, 04:30 PM
Liked T1 and loved T2 and loved T3.... thought "Salvation" was just awful...

Any live-action new Terminator film I'll check out from Netflix, unless it's animation or digital animation in which case I'm not interested.

j.p.

bassman
13-Aug-2010, 04:48 PM
Terminator in 3D? It's been done. It was called Terminator 2: 3D and I saw it at Universal Studios 15+ years ago.

Salvation wasn't all that bad, but at this point they should just give it up. But hey....at least they aren't trying to remake Cameron's two films. Yet.

MinionZombie
13-Aug-2010, 06:06 PM
Terminator 3000? :rockbrow:

Also - PG-13 - laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Terminator 1 - classic.
Terminator 2 - classic.
Terminator 3 - eyeball rape, franchise rape.
Terminator 4 - "Super Terminator" elements totally at odds with T1 and T2 (T3 had the same Super Terminator nonsense going on), the script is generally pish, and various other things were stupid/annoying/utter nonsense ... it was "okay-I-suppose" on the first viewing, but on second viewing it's a decidedly worse experience and you really see how flawed the movie is.

There were cool things about T4's set-up and look and scope, but blundering over it all was a shoddy plot, crap script, stupid new additions, that bloody kid that never spoke, people doing stupid things, way too many references to the original movies, and a third act which had already been done twice before (in T1 and T2) to far, far, far, far, far better effect.

Tricky
13-Aug-2010, 06:25 PM
Its a shame Salvation turned out to be a bit pap, cos I rate Sam Worthington & I like Bales films as well! Cant see the franchise getting any better until they make it on a smaller budget (like the first film) & go back to the original timeline without including transforminators & all the other crap...

JDFP
13-Aug-2010, 06:52 PM
I guess I'm one of the few folks here who thought T2/T3 were both great. I see them as two opposite sides of the same coin -- one with "hope" and the other side with "despair" -- I thought they both did a great job of portraying two different sides of a possibility (naturally "hope" is more popular though) of whether future events can or cannot be changed. (You can't beat some Claire Danes either, yum).

Eh, regardless... I thought T3 was fun and enjoyed it, certainly more so than "Salvation" which I just thought was bad (except for the scenes with one of my most favorite actors -- the amazing Michael Ironside).

j.p.

EDIT: 6 hours later and I get home to find out that there are some fucking horrible spelling errors in this post and what do I do? That's right, hit the edit button and come into this post to fix it. I was at work when I typed this, I'm guessing the system screwed up.

ProfessorChaos
13-Aug-2010, 10:10 PM
Terminator 3000? :rockbrow:

Also - PG-13 - laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Terminator 1 - classic.
Terminator 2 - classic.
Terminator 3 - eyeball rape, franchise rape.
Terminator 4 - "Super Terminator" elements totally at odds with T1 and T2 (T3 had the same Super Terminator nonsense going on), the script is generally pish, and various other things were stupid/annoying/utter nonsense ... it was "okay-I-suppose" on the first viewing, but on second viewing it's a decidedly worse experience and you really see how flawed the movie is.

There were cool things about T4's set-up and look and scope, but blundering over it all was a shoddy plot, crap script, stupid new additions, that bloody kid that never spoke, people doing stupid things, way too many references to the original movies, and a third act which had already been done twice before (in T1 and T2) to far, far, far, far, far better effect.

my thoughts perzactly, bro.

EDIT: and not very interested in this garbage-heap of a new film at all. jeez, i feel about as jaded as senor hellsing sometimes...

Legion2213
13-Aug-2010, 11:18 PM
I quite enjoyed Salvation. :)

Switch off brain, gather snacks, popcorn flick ahoy!

bassman
14-Aug-2010, 02:17 AM
Switch off brain, gather snacks, popcorn flick ahoy!

I agree. Salvation was good if you could kinda "switch off" and enjoy your popcorn. That's not always a bad thing, but when you consider that it's a sequel to Cameron's two brilliant films....it hurts Salvation's chances.

But i'm sure some people would say the same "popcorn" comment about Cameron's films. I guess you could consider them as such, but he was able to mix in a certain spark that elevated it above all that. Not sure exactly what, but he made it more of an emotional story where as the successors have failed in that aspect...

shootemindehead
14-Aug-2010, 10:33 AM
All rubbish after the first one.

I think I'm one of the few people that actually hate 'Terminator 2'. :D

blind2d
14-Aug-2010, 06:50 PM
Really? I rather liked T2. What don't you like about it?
Could it be the ending that just won't end? I think it's rather drawn out, but still fun... what else?

shootemindehead
14-Aug-2010, 07:10 PM
Well, nail one in the coffin is having Arnie come back as the "good guy".

Nail two is the sheer stupidity of the T-1000. A liquid machine? What nonsense.

Nail three is Edward Furlong.

Nail four is the generally awful dialogue.

...and the final nail in the coffin is that thumbs up in the end.

It does have some good set-pieces and I saw it twice in the cinema when it came out. But, it's impossible for me now just not to be incredibly annoyed by the whole thing now.

ProfessorChaos
14-Aug-2010, 09:07 PM
when i said that mz had pretty much summed up my thoughts, i forgot to mention that i sorta enjoyed t2 and the nostalgia factor most appealing aspect of it, as i saw it in theaters on vacation in florida.... i am more apt to agree with shooter's view that t1 was perfection, everything else since then has been a cheap imitation, starting with t2. while i don't hate it, it certainly isn't half as good as the first.

going back and watching t2 recently, it felt way too "sequel-ish" and forced. i actually recently decided to cut down on needless material things, including dvd's that were just gonna gather dust. t2 was one of the first ones to go. (land and diary are on the chopping block as we speak.)

MinionZombie
15-Aug-2010, 10:03 AM
Can't fathom the lack of love for T2 from some folk ... utterly baffled by that. :confused:

Well, whatever I guess...

Exatreides
15-Aug-2010, 03:36 PM
I thought T 3 was utter tosh, and T4 under on the level of not sucking.

I think I enjoyed the Sarah Connor Chronicles more then the last two movies.

acealive1
15-Aug-2010, 04:11 PM
project halted

http://www.moviehole.net/201025994-terminator-3000-we-barely-knew-you

Exatreides
15-Aug-2010, 08:44 PM
Can't say I'm terribly disapointed at that news.

As Pacificor tell Deadline (http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/terminator-rights-holder-sends-cease-and-desist-letter-to-kill-proposed-3d-animated-feature/), ''the company isn't looking for another project beyond what's envisioned as two or more live action feature films that continue the apocalyptic adventures hatched by James Cameronhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.moviehole.net/201025994-terminator-3000-we-barely-knew-you#).''

Thats what worries me.

krakenslayer
15-Aug-2010, 10:33 PM
Fuck this. Stop it, Hollywood. Stop failing to understand. Don't you get it? Have the last two film taught you anything? You can't rip the balls out of Terminator and succeed.

Black rain-slick asphalt bathed in noirish neon. Smoke, menacing figures in the shadows. Ambivalence, uncertainty, grime and street grit. Tragic heroism, hungry-eyed, dangerous, innocent. Obscenities and military jargon woven together in violent poetry. Crimson blood on sweat-soaked flesh, rotting flesh on blood-soaked steel. Caterpillar treads crushing bone, the relentless march of rusting, hulking death. Nihilism, fear, passion and hope. Man and machine locked together in primal, Darwinian combat.

These are the kind of images moviegoers see when they hear the word "Terminator". You can't package that up and slap it on a BigMac meal. It's too profound, too emotional, too primordial. You can't boil it down to a line of action figures and retain what makes it great. And you sure as hell can't water it down to a PG13 cartoon without tearing out everything that makes it actually connect with people on a level deeper than "ooh cool asplosian!"

EDIT: Glad to see it has been stopped already. Whew!

rongravy
16-Aug-2010, 01:45 AM
Regeneration kicked ass. I would be totally happy if they rebooted the series and did it with the same animation. If Regeneration would've played here I would've been all over it.

I thought Bale was making more Terminator movies. I see someone said this deal was over, but what about it? Did the last one fail too badly?
I kind of fell asleep alot myself.

MinionZombie
16-Aug-2010, 09:54 AM
Kraken's got it on the nose. Well said, Sir.

Also, yeah, I don't want anymore shit Terminator movies. T3 and T4 fail hard at being Terminator, and they fail hard in general movie respects too. From the "Super Terminators" nonsense, to the PG-13 toss-wankery, to the dull scripts, silly gags thrown in (T3 was chock full of these) and lots more beside that was just crap ... *sigh* ... please, no more shit Terminator movies!

If someone who actually understands the franchise, and who can give us the actual Terminator movie we want, came along and made a new movie - that totally ignored T3 and T4, and got rid of the silliness, crap gags, and "Super Terminator" garbage - then that'd be okay. Anything less is a no-no.

acealive1
16-Aug-2010, 10:17 PM
Fuck this. Stop it, Hollywood. Stop failing to understand. Don't you get it? Have the last two film taught you anything? You can't rip the balls out of Terminator and succeed.
!

terminator 2

box office

$516,816,151

dvd sales 112,000,000

terminator 3

box office $433,058,296

dvd sales 103,129,000

terminator salvation

box office $531,628,539

dvd sales $83,893,416

looks to me like salvation kicked the hell out of the 'favorite' of the series box office wise. and part 3 didnt do too bad.

bassman
16-Aug-2010, 11:17 PM
Ace....I'm fairly certain he's talking about the quality of those films rather than the amount of money they made. It could make billions, but that doesn't automatically make it a great film. Twilight or Avatar would be some current examples. Likewise, a great film can bomb at the box office....

ProfessorChaos
16-Aug-2010, 11:38 PM
also, i suspect you may be failing to account for inflated ticket prices in 1991 vs 2009....

acealive1
17-Aug-2010, 12:50 AM
Ace....I'm fairly certain he's talking about the quality of those films rather than the amount of money they made. It could make billions, but that doesn't automatically make it a great film. Twilight or Avatar would be some current examples. Likewise, a great film can bomb at the box office....

i know what he means. but as long as people keep paying to see the terminator, the franchise will continue making movies and games and.........etc etc

MinionZombie
17-Aug-2010, 09:59 AM
i know what he means. but as long as people keep paying to see the terminator, the franchise will continue making movies and games and.........etc etc
Because people are hoping for quality ... but they get let down - as you could extrapolate from the sliding DVD sales figures.

And if you think about it, even the box office is lower - with inflated prices by comparison.

And, naturally, box office doesn't equal quality anyway. Even if it turns out to be a bad movie, or the outlook isn't all that great, a Terminator fan will check it out regardless.

bassman
17-Aug-2010, 11:41 AM
And, naturally, box office doesn't equal quality anyway. Even if it turns out to be a bad movie, or the outlook isn't all that great, a Terminator fan will check it out regardless.

Yup....the quality of the last two films is debatable, but the trailers made them look quite good. Especially that NIN trailer for Salvation. Anyone that was a fan of Cameron's films was going to see it regardless. So in reality, the people behind the last two have no one to thank but Cameron. :p

It's amazing how trailers can make a bad film look good and a great film look crappy....

MinionZombie
17-Aug-2010, 11:57 AM
Aye, the NIN trailer for T4 was a great trailer ... shit movie, but an awesome trailer. I saw that trailer like 30 fucking times ... the movie was still gash, mind. If only T4 was more like that song rather than what was actually produced. It has the odd moment, and looks the part, but the script is rubbish, the added T-machines are tripe, and the PG-13 rating is retarded.

T3 was a movie I didn't even know about until it was out in the cinemas, I wasn't on the pulse on that one, and only saw it on DVD - gutted I spent £15 on that on release, it's not worth a penny. Such a ghastly franchise raper of a movie.

Neil
17-Aug-2010, 01:28 PM
Yup....the quality of the last two films is debatable, but the trailers made them look quite good. Especially that NIN trailer for Salvation. Anyone that was a fan of Cameron's films was going to see it regardless. So in reality, the people behind the last two have no one to thank but Cameron. :p

It's amazing how trailers can make a bad film look good and a great film look crappy....

I've still not watched it :)

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Oops! http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46158

acealive1
17-Aug-2010, 08:22 PM
Aye, the NIN trailer for T4 was a great trailer ... shit movie, but an awesome trailer..

if u knew how much they cut out of the film, ud know why it sucked.

bassman
17-Aug-2010, 08:26 PM
if u knew how much they cut out of the film, ud know why it sucked.

For those of us without the dvd, fill us in on what they had to take out. This is the first i've heard of it.

I would say it's biggest problem is McG.:p

acealive1
17-Aug-2010, 09:52 PM
For those of us without the dvd, fill us in on what they had to take out. This is the first i've heard of it.

I would say it's biggest problem is McG.:p

its not even on the dvd. a whole other story line completely filmed and about 50 actors were scrapped. lets just say there was more than one marcus.

bassman
18-Aug-2010, 12:55 AM
its not even on the dvd. a whole other story line completely filmed and about 50 actors were scrapped. lets just say there was more than one marcus.

Really? Fifty Actors? As it stands right now the movie is about two hours. How much more could have been cut out? This thing must have been four hours long.

How about filling us in with your inside information?

Exatreides
18-Aug-2010, 02:15 AM
I'd prefer a continuing of the Sarah Connor Chronicles more then a new show honestly, but that's probably not going to happen.

darth los
18-Aug-2010, 03:07 AM
Really? Fifty Actors? As it stands right now the movie is about two hours. How much more could have been cut out? This thing must have been four hours long.

Wikipedia.

Duh.

It worked with day right? :lol:

acealive1
18-Aug-2010, 10:04 AM

so yea, i dont have inside information. its just i have info alot of people dont know was filmed.

project angel was a whole nother storyline arc that was scrapped.....AFTER it was filmed. it dealt with infiltrators like marcus. it lasted a good extra 30 minutes. serena kogan had a much bigger part

MinionZombie
18-Aug-2010, 10:19 AM
so yea, i dont have inside information. its just i have info alot of people dont know was filmed.

project angel was a whole nother storyline arc that was scrapped.....AFTER it was filmed. it dealt with infiltrators like marcus. it lasted a good extra 30 minutes. serena kogan had a much bigger part

*sniffs*

I smell double-dip release.

I'd prefer a continuing of the Sarah Connor Chronicles more then a new show honestly, but that's probably not going to happen.

The first season was decent, and the second season started off well ... then got intolerably dull in the middle for a good 8 episodes or more ... then near the end (say the last 3 or 4 episodes) it picked up and the finale was kick ass.

The makers were morons for making the middle portion suck so hard, as no doubt that's why it got shit-canned. At the very least they gave us a quality finale episode ... but yeah, a third season (as long as the quality of the final episode was maintained throughout) would have been welcome.

T:TSCC wasn't Cameron level awesome sauce, but it was easily above the tosswank of T3 and T4.

bassman
18-Aug-2010, 11:48 AM
Wikipedia.

Duh.

It worked with day right? :lol:

:lol:

Ba-zing.

Imdb and Wikipedia say nothing about all these lost scenes from what I can tell....

acealive1
18-Aug-2010, 07:44 PM

Ba-zing.

Imdb and Wikipedia say nothing about all these lost scenes from what I can tell....

suit yourself,bro.

darth los
18-Aug-2010, 07:54 PM

Ba-zing.

Wikipedia is going to be like the word torlet around here soon.

Fucking legendary.

You will be able to say it and instantly members will know what it means. :lol: