View Full Version : Moving into a house near the mall and airstrip

Trancelikestate
15-Aug-2010, 07:00 AM
So, this is totally not on purpose i swear, but i just looked up my new address today, and it's a neighborhood or two away from the mall and the airstrip haha. Thought some of you guys would think this is funny. Anyone live near here?

http://a.imageshack.us/img651/5917/13487224.jpg

All you brits read it and weep. :p

Mr.G
15-Aug-2010, 12:58 PM
Nope...but I'll stalk you soon enough or maybe just pop over for dinner? ;)

slickwilly13
15-Aug-2010, 03:07 PM
A Dawn '78 joke?

bassman
15-Aug-2010, 03:13 PM
I seem to remember a certain member around here moving into the area for the sole purpose of being close to the mall. :lol:

Danny
15-Aug-2010, 03:41 PM
Wanting to live near an airport? huh.

acealive1
15-Aug-2010, 03:53 PM

i lived about 5 minutes from one about 3 years ago. it was honestly quiet which was scary

MikePizzoff
15-Aug-2010, 05:27 PM

I've lived a miniscule distance from Philadelphia International Airport for almost my entire life. The emphasis on "international" was to stress that there are approximately 1,400 flights arriving and departing from it, daily. Every house/apartment I've lived in has been directly in the flight path for landing planes.

You really don't notice. It takes some people who just move to the area a little to get used to it, but not much. The only time it'll disturb the peace is when a plane's coming in for a landing with 2-3 of it's engines blown. Believe me, this happens quite frequently and they just keep the scary shit from the public.

BACK ON TOPIC: Trance, perhaps you should meet up with any members whenever they take trips out to the mall. I still have yet to do so...

bassman
15-Aug-2010, 05:38 PM
BACK ON TOPIC: Trance, perhaps you should meet up with any members whenever they take trips out to the mall. I still have yet to do so...

Darth and I have been tossing around the idea of meeting at the mall sometime next year...

MikePizzoff
15-Aug-2010, 05:42 PM
I just may have to get involved in that.

bassman
15-Aug-2010, 05:43 PM
I just may have to get involved in that.

We'll probably end up making a thread as an open invitation for anyone to join us. Last I talked to Darth, we were thinking probably sometime in the spring/summer.

Trancelikestate
15-Aug-2010, 09:06 PM
Sweet! I'll meet up with you guys!

And notice it says neighborhood. You'd have to search awhile still to find my house. :p

Also that airstrip is tiny. It's all Cessna's.

BillyRay
16-Aug-2010, 02:14 PM
We'll probably end up making a thread as an open invitation for anyone to join us. Last I talked to Darth, we were thinking probably sometime in the spring/summer.

if the timin's right for me (no cons or shows), why the hell not?

booze it up and NOT talk politics...

darth los
16-Aug-2010, 02:30 PM

A thread is a good idea when it comes to gauging interest.

Any one who wants to embark on this pilgrimage either p.m. us or like Bass said, we'll discuss it in a thread.

We can kill two birds with one stone. We can go to the Mecca of Zombiedom, who knows, depending on how far perhaps the airstrip as well. Also, we can finaly meet some of the members here in person, so it's a win/win.

But yeah Bass, we just got our overhead cut practically in half! :hyper:

Now we don't have to spring for a hotel.

Has anyone told trance yet? :lol:

Totally kidding trance. But yeah, it would be epic to meet up and take the tour. We could make a weekend out of it.

:cool: