PDA

View Full Version : I now have Tom Savini's autograph!

MikePizzoff
17-Aug-2010, 08:55 PM
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=384&stc=1&d=1282078258

While I didn't get it myself, I know it's authentic because my buddy got it himself about a year ago. He sold it to me, along with 19 other movies, for $25!!!

For those curious, the other DVDs are:

-Evil Dead 3-disc ultimate edition
-Cannibal Holocaust 2-disc collector's edition
-Creepshow
-Night '90 (I only have it on VHS)
-I Spit On Your Grave
-Sin City
-Pi
-Scarface 2-disc anniversary edition
-WEEDS season one
-Fanboys
-Hard Candy
-Open Water
-The Office season one
-Drag Me To Hell
-Anchorman
-Role Models
-Bully
-Hatchet
-Battlefield Baseball

All of that for only $25. I'm super pumped right now. :hyper:

Legion2213
17-Aug-2010, 09:01 PM
That's pretty sweet. Nice haul! :cool:

slickwilly13
17-Aug-2010, 10:07 PM
Bullshit, he signed it himself, because he needed $25 to buy a tab. :p Hacket is a must see. Did you get the unrated version?

Mr.G
17-Aug-2010, 10:21 PM
Nice grab BUT the original DVD & cover art are MUCH better than the autographed updated dvd you have. (IMO)

acealive1
17-Aug-2010, 11:08 PM
bastard friend of mine had his auto on a vhs of dawn and i told him i'd trade him for my copy of it. he didnt even know who tom savini was but wouldnt trade me. asshat

MikePizzoff
17-Aug-2010, 11:17 PM
Bullshit, he signed it himself, because he needed $25 to buy a tab. :p Hacket is a must see. Did you get the unrated version?

Yeah it's the unrated version.

Nice grab BUT the original DVD & cover art are MUCH better than the autographed updated dvd you have. (IMO)

Not for me. This is my first autograph from anyone who worked on Dawn. I'm ecstatic.

bastard friend of mine had his auto on a vhs of dawn and i told him i'd trade him for my copy of it. he didnt even know who tom savini was but wouldnt trade me. asshat

Sounds like a shitty friend!

slickwilly13
17-Aug-2010, 11:53 PM
Have you watched it, yet?

bassman
18-Aug-2010, 12:47 AM
Not for me. This is my first autograph from anyone who worked on Dawn. I'm ecstatic.

I bet you are. I have several autographs, but none from the Romero Trilogy crew. I would be thrilled....

MikePizzoff
18-Aug-2010, 02:32 AM
Have you watched it, yet?

Not yet. I'm saving it for the next movie night we do in the movie theater in our basement.

darth los
18-Aug-2010, 03:06 AM
Nice score mike! :thumbsup:

:cool:

slickwilly13
18-Aug-2010, 03:52 AM
Not yet. I'm saving it for the next movie night we do in the movie theater in our basement.

Definately, a beer-night movie. You will like it, if you are into the unstoppable, ultra-violent, mongoloid slasher theme. It is a dark comedy, too, with cameos.

MikePizzoff
18-Aug-2010, 08:10 AM
Awesome, sounds like I should pair it up with Severance.

Purge
18-Aug-2010, 02:44 PM
I have a rare Dawn Of The Dead fold-out posterbook signed by him.

Mr.G
18-Aug-2010, 04:11 PM
Definately, a beer-night movie. You will like it, if you are into the unstoppable, ultra-violent, mongoloid slasher theme. It is a dark comedy, too, with cameos.

I wanted to like Hatchet, but it underwhelmed me. I liked the atmosphere but other than that, not much. Different strokes for different folks I guess.