PDA

View Full Version : Resistance 3 live action teaser trailer

Danny
18-Aug-2010, 03:49 AM
lbkXTSs3bvU

No gameplay but im a sucker for more alternate alien invasion 50's americana.
Still, nice trailer.

MikePizzoff
18-Aug-2010, 08:14 AM
I wish I had a PS3... I also wish that were a trailer for a movie; that was badass.

Danny
18-Aug-2010, 08:37 AM
ya' ever get a ps3 they are totally worth getting. the first is set mostly in york and manchester during WWII in an alternate universe where most of europes been destroyed by this creatures called the chimera that are humans changed by a sentient virus that dropped on tunguska decades ago.
It was pretty odd to play a shooter and see red phone booths, white and yellow road bollards and just general english stuff it was neat.
Then in the second englands been lost and you are trying to defend america from the invasion. America has been out of the war and is more intact so its all mid 50's americana ranging from mountain logging towns with cadilacs and chevy's and shit to downtown chicago with these new things that wrap people in cocoons and turn them into 'greys', basically 4 eyed zombies. Theres a point where you walk through a town and there are cocoons everywhere, in chairs, at dinner tables around a slide at a park, even a few in dog kennels and after trekking through the town they all burst out at once and make a bee line for you. Its an odd image of 50's night of the living dead era americana being flooded with these creatures as they barell at you from every angle.

If anyone hasnt tried em yet there both a few quid now at stores like blockbuster and gamestation i paid £6 for both and there totally worth that.

Danny
17-Feb-2011, 03:26 PM
Bumping this with two new trailers i found today, one from last month.

KmxKXq_c478

iYw0_B6D7Uk

This ones meant to be 'less military focussed, more post apocalyptic survival horror', fuck year. Plus theyve gone back to health packs and a weapon wheel, not that jelly vision two weapons at any time halo bullshit.

Mitchified
18-Feb-2011, 02:52 PM
What I'm looking forward to is the promised re-integration of local split screen co-op. My wife and I like to play games together, but we don't have the cash lying around to get a second PS3, a second copy of all our games, and a second television. Resistance 2 didn't allow you to go through the standard campaign together, but after a LOT of complaints about that, the head of the development team stated that they had made a mistake and that they would go back to the popular feature from Resistance: Fall of Man.

It's a big reason why we're looking forward to Killzone 3 dropping on Tuesday.

Resistance 2 just felt like a step backward (with the exclusion of the improved graphics) from the first one. In fact, my only complaint about the first one was some of the dialogue. The British woman that acted as the narrator stated something to the effect of "and that was the last time I saw Nathan Hale"....about three or four times. Although it's strange, I felt like something was missing in Resistance 2 without her.