PDA

View Full Version : Piranha - 3D

Neil
19-Aug-2010, 08:44 AM
This one image makes me realise why I don't want to see this film...

Just like I hate it when zombies (someone who has died ONE minute ago) develops funny pupils and the ability to screech like a raptor, why would a fish's eyes glow red?

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009/piranhaattack.jpg

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah that shot is kinda wanky isn't it?

But the incredibly CGI-looking fish are the real turn off for me. I'd watch it on Sky Movies, but sod off am I paying to see it in the cinema.

Danny
19-Aug-2010, 10:44 AM
who cares? its a trashy summer remake about killer fish starring christopher loydd and ving rhames. i'd watch it just to see what the hell the psuedo science explanation is for this one :lol:

bassman
19-Aug-2010, 11:48 AM
who cares? its a trashy summer remake about killer fish starring christopher loydd and ving rhames. i'd watch it just to see what the hell the psuedo science explanation is for this one :lol:

According to the trailer...Prehistoric fish that lived beneath the surface which were released after an earthquake caused an opening.:lol:

Seriously guys....this movie isn't meant to be taken seriously. If you're looking for a serious horror film, this isn't for you.

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2010, 12:08 PM
I was never expecting this to be a serious horror movie, but equally the CGI fish still look rubbish. I'd rather watch it somewhere down the line on DVD or Sky Movies to be honest, what with cinema ticket prices being the way they are at the moment.

BillyRay
19-Aug-2010, 01:53 PM
Yah, it looks like a lot of fun, and the exact sort of movie that should be in 3-D, but I'll still wait for DVD...

JDFP
19-Aug-2010, 02:14 PM
It's in my Netflix queue (cause face it, if I'm not going to dish out $10 bucks for an Academy Award winning masterpiece I'm sure not doing it for this). I think it looks like a funny comedy and I get a kick out of comedy's (such as "Scream") like this that provide both a few good laughs and the inclusion of some horror like elements makes it even more fun.

Of course it's not meant to be taken seriously. This is on the same level as most Adam Sandler fare.

The fact this film includes scantily clad attractive women running around doesn't hurt either... :D

j.p.

DubiousComforts
19-Aug-2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009/piranhaattack.jpg
It's difficult to tell which looks more CG: the fish or the human being.

When you're six inches away from being picked apart by a school of deadly fish, your expression would probably look a lot less like you've just caught wind of a potent ass blast and a lot more like this:

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/bush-shock-1.jpg

At least the fish seem to be taking their role as thespians seriously.

slickwilly13
19-Aug-2010, 04:16 PM
Come on, the movie is not even out, yet. Give it a chance. I am watching it tomorrow during the 1st early to avoid the later crowds. This is supposed to be a fun movie that is intended to be bullshit. It is also possible that this movie could very well be the goriest made in a very, very long time. Did anyone even watch the 9 minute clip I talked about in the other thread under Horror? This is a gruesome dark comedy. Think Dead Alive aka Braindead. I will give my 2 cents after viewing it tomorrow.

AcesandEights
19-Aug-2010, 04:18 PM
I will give my 2 cents after viewing it tomorrow.

I look forward to it, Slick. If it's done right, I agree the film could probably be quite fun(ny), but I'm highly skeptical.

slickwilly13
19-Aug-2010, 04:43 PM
There is a midnight release later tonight and a 12:30 pm showing tomorrow afternoon. I am attending one of these.

darth los
19-Aug-2010, 05:17 PM
I'd rather watch it somewhere down the line on DVD

Dude, don't you mean blu-ray? ;)

:cool:

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2010, 06:25 PM
Dude, don't you mean blu-ray? ;)

:cool:

:lol:

Well ... if the BR was packed with exclusive extra content then yeah.

Otherwise, good old DVD. :kiss:

Tricky
19-Aug-2010, 06:31 PM
Do kelly brooks baps come out in it? if so I might be tempted with one viewing :lol:

AcesandEights
19-Aug-2010, 06:34 PM
:lol:

Well ... if the BR was packed with exclusive extra content then yeah.

Otherwise, good old DVD. :kiss:

Yeah, I still selectively buy BR, not just because of cost, but DVDs are still more flexible on the road for me. So--and I find this a lot with comedies--if there is a movie I think will get a lot of play on the road or away at vacations, I like to bring DVDs as it's still easier to find DVD players at rental properties etc. and they are also good to go on BR players.

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2010, 07:03 PM
Do kelly brooks baps come out in it? if so I might be tempted with one viewing :lol:
I think so.

They certainly popped out in Playboy recently. :p

And to think she used to be a (terrible) presenter on The Big Breakfast ... any of my fellow Brits remember that after Denise Van Outen left but Johnny Vaughn was still presenting?

slickwilly13
19-Aug-2010, 07:14 PM
Judging from the 9 minute clip I watched, there appears to be a mild underwater lesbian scene involving 2 hot chicks. I assume they get torn to shreads.

BillyRay
19-Aug-2010, 07:16 PM
Judging from the 9 minute clip I watched, there appears to be a mild underwater lesbian scene involving 2 hot chicks. I assume they get torn to shreads.

Uhhhh.....................Link, please?

slickwilly13
19-Aug-2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry, I cannot post the link on here. The clip was leaked from a private showing weeks ago on a "shit-cam" that was snuck into the theater. Links were being pulled from websites, so in the best interest of the forum I chose not to link it here. I am not even sure if the original link I view it from still works, but it is not hard to find. It is floating around, but I have to warn those who want to view it. There are a number of spoilers in the 9 minute clip. Oh yeah, Kelly Brooks does get nude in this movie and I think she is nude in the clip. But they are pulling the torrents left and right, so happy hunting.

bassman
19-Aug-2010, 07:40 PM
Judging by reports that have leaked from Comic Con and the set.....I don't think anyone has to worry about the gore factor. They act like this thing could rival Day....

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/boozp3dead.jpg

Tee hee

slickwilly13
19-Aug-2010, 07:52 PM
Judging by reports that have leaked from Comic Con and the set.....I don't think anyone has to worry about the gore factor. They act like this thing could rival Day....

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/boozp3dead.jpg

Tee hee

What I watched did not rival Day of the Dead, but topped it. One hot chick is cut in half and another one is accidently pulled in half.

rongravy
19-Aug-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow, I just saw that nine minute thing. Looks retarded but gory as fuck.
Guess I better get superbaked before I go...