PDA

View Full Version : "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

Pages : 1 [2]

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2011, 09:50 AM
Ooh, I think I like the idea of these flashbacks - little moments from before the outbreak - I found that one to be quite chilling, even though you know things work out (well, sort of, lol) it's still a spine-tingling moment. :cool:

Plus it makes a change seeing them not all covered in sweat. :p

I agree, pre-credits is a good place to put these. Keeps them separated from the show proper.

ProfessorChaos
22-Oct-2011, 03:30 PM
damn, that was pretty decent. add my name to the the list of fans of TWD who appreciate the flashbacks once in a while.

and like bass said, those who feel TWD has too much "family drama" or whatever are only gonna see this as more of the same. to each his own.

kidgloves
22-Oct-2011, 04:52 PM
Sneak Peek - Bloodletting.
Another quality scene, this time with Dale and T-dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kno3Zbd2K-c

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2011, 05:51 PM
Damn, T-Dog's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder. :p

As for the "family drama" thing that some have moaned about ... I don't see it that way at all. Yes there's drama in there - great drama - but without any quality human characters interacting in a satisfyingly deep and emotional way, what have you got? Just a bunch of shots of zombies walking around. Zombie movies aren't supposed to be about the zombies, sure that's a significant part of it, but it's not the main focus - the main focus, in any good zombie product, has been the people - the real, live, human people at the centre of the story. Indeed, that's no different to the comics themselves - the main focus of which are the human characters.

kidgloves
22-Oct-2011, 07:49 PM
Damn, T-Dog's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder. :p

As for the "family drama" thing that some have moaned about ... I don't see it that way at all. Yes there's drama in there - great drama - but without any quality human characters interacting in a satisfyingly deep and emotional way, what have you got? Just a bunch of shots of zombies walking around. Zombie movies aren't supposed to be about the zombies, sure that's a significant part of it, but it's not the main focus - the main focus, in any good zombie product, has been the people - the real, live, human people at the centre of the story. Indeed, that's no different to the comics themselves - the main focus of which are the human characters.

You should see the IMDB forum for TWD. Good god. It is FULL of people complaining about the drama element, nitpicking absolutely everything and constantly complaining about no character development, filler scenes and poor writing. Everyone seems to think they're critics these days. Whatever happened to the days of letting yourself be transported to another world and being swept along for the ride.
I really like the setting of TWD. When its on the box over here its the exact opposite of the climate outside at this time of the year. It really does seem like another world to me and i like the universe they've created.

MinionZombie
23-Oct-2011, 10:45 AM
No character development? Filler scenes? Poor writing? :confused:

Are these IMDb forum freaks watching the same show as the rest of us?! :rockbrow::rolleyes::rockbrow:

kidgloves
24-Oct-2011, 10:05 AM
No character development? Filler scenes? Poor writing? :confused:

Are these IMDb forum freaks watching the same show as the rest of us?! :rockbrow::rolleyes::rockbrow:

Yep. Thats exactly what its like. I only go over there to steal info but when you read the threads its clear that the people posting are doing it mainly for trolling purposes with a few immature children who have no life experience to draw on and relate to. I occasionally will post something like "one persons filler is another persons character development" but its lost on most of them.
Anyway, another link stolen from IMDB.

NYCC Panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2e3hkKwkSE&feature=player_embedded#!

-- -------- Post added 24-Oct-2011 at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 23-Oct-2011 at 01:35 PM ----------

Sneak Peek "Save the Last One"

Looks like they're addressing the reanimation rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buUWlM6Js0Y

kidgloves
12-Nov-2011, 08:55 PM
Its been a long time coming

http://thewalkingdeadcomic.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/episode-2-05-chupacabra-7.jpg?w=1000&h=

MinionZombie
13-Nov-2011, 10:32 AM
Its been a long time coming

http://thewalkingdeadcomic.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/episode-2-05-chupacabra-7.jpg?w=1000&h=

Hubba hubba. :sneaky::o;)

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2011, 04:55 PM
I found this preview scene clip from 2x08 (I've not seen it posted anywhere else yet) - the content of the scene is essentially stuff we've already theorised at length about in the thread discussion for 2x07, and there's no spoilers in it, but if you want to avoid seeing any footage from 2x08 then, well, that's why I've put it within some tags - but the scene seems to take place very soon after the end of 2x07:

zOquA822k88&feature=g-vrec

kidgloves
14-Jan-2012, 03:14 PM
New poster for season 2.5

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/the-walking-dead-season-3-poster.jpg

bassman
16-Jan-2012, 10:19 AM
taQ8NnMqt3I

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2012, 12:16 PM
^^

Thanks for posting the clip, bass ... I wonder who these two new characters are...

kidgloves
16-Jan-2012, 04:08 PM
I knew Herschel was a drinker. Just knew it.

kidgloves
25-Jan-2012, 07:13 AM
New promo for the 2nd part of the season

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2885591321/

Neil
25-Jan-2012, 07:33 AM

Must try to resist... Must not watch...

Thorn
25-Jan-2012, 10:30 AM

Okay I watched it, I couldn't resist... and I liked it ;)

Also the video Bass posted got taken down :(

MinionZombie
25-Jan-2012, 10:38 AM

Well that looks action packed. :)

Go on ... you know you want to ... do it, watch it, go on ... :sneaky:

krisvds
25-Jan-2012, 11:43 AM
That zombie behind that fence? Does this mean we will be seeing a certain well loved location from the comics soon?

Oh, and I wonder who Carl pointing that gun at? Seems to me he's in a forest somewhere. Comic fan manipulation or no, I'm getting hyped here.
Looks like they wont be staying at that farm for yet another six episodes on end.
Hurray!

bassman
25-Jan-2012, 11:53 AM
That zombie behind that fence? Does this mean we will be seeing a certain well loved location from the comics soon?

I noticed that as well. There was also a grey colored bus behind him. Much like THOSE kinds of locations use for transportation. Also a police car in the shot with Rick and Shane fighting. :elol:

MinionZombie
25-Jan-2012, 05:58 PM
Reviewing the trailer in detail let's see...

1) Rick (and others) must come across some unlikeable human folk (which hasn't been a major issue thus far really, beyond Merle), so it'd be good to mix things up a little with some human threat. That's backed up by Rick shouting out a window from a covered position - you can't talk down a zombie after all.

2) Rick & Shane getting hands-on ... now, this could be shortly after the barn shoot-out in 2x07, or it could be later (however I'd wager more on the former - these trailers have a history of juxtaposing shots and using certain angles etc to make us zed heads think one way when it is in fact another).

3) The zombie at the fence - not only does it look freakin' awesome, but yes, the uniform it's wearing and the grey concrete structure in back (with the grey bus) suggests a certain important location ... but then again they could be tricking us and it is in fact at another location, so who knows.

4) Clearly somebody escapes into a bus as there's a zombie trying to get through the door of one. That could make for a kick arse sequence. :)

5) Does the farm get invaded at one point - could it be a herd (or a mini herd) on the farm land? Might this be connected to the shot of Otis' van tear-assing down a dirt road with people inside (one of whom looks like T-Dog) ... methinks we'll see them move on from the farm during these next six episodes. Perhaps around episode 2x10 (just thinking about possible pacing of the episodes, where they'd go from there, and where many of us presume they'll end up in 2x13).

Oh the fangasm! :)

AcesandEights
25-Jan-2012, 06:28 PM
Haven't seen the newest trailer yet, but I'm sure I'll see it soon enough. Some really interesting points you guys are bringing up, especially with regard to locales.

Can't believe it's almost that time again :D

Indeed!

kidgloves
25-Jan-2012, 06:42 PM
Heres a better quality video and clickable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvQe41Uodmo&list=UUUnB3vw9NTqChSwaLxBq_0Q&index=1&feature=plcp

bassman
25-Jan-2012, 06:51 PM
Not official, but this intro just gave me the giggles....

WtJ5cyzMbhc

MinionZombie
26-Jan-2012, 10:07 AM
Not official, but this intro just gave me the giggles....

WtJ5cyzMbhc

I'm not sure if we ever got that show over in the UK, but even though I've never seen it (but have heard of the title), that was brilliant. :D

kidgloves
26-Jan-2012, 08:07 PM
Couple of funny FX trailers for season 2. Just noticed it says TUESDAYS

d9OjUFxVD3E

NxuGrgyd0uI

rongravy
26-Jan-2012, 09:40 PM
Wow, some great vids being posted, especially those hilarious UK ones. And what a creative Growing Pains one.
Knee slappers galore!!!

MinionZombie
27-Jan-2012, 10:03 AM
Couple of funny FX trailers for season 2. Just noticed it says TUESDAYS

Hmm - interesting - so if that's true, we're getting in on a TUESDAY (rather than a Friday) - so I suppose they did it because UK fans (like us) were annoyed at having to wait five whole days behind our Americalander buddies to see the episode. So as it is here it's far closer to the original airing.

Plus - a new air time - it used to be 10pm on Fridays, now it's 9:15pm ... and what's more - FX isn't on ch110 at the moment, it's on ch124, so this suggests the channel is getting bumped up the list (probably at the end of this month/beginning of next) if this is indeed all true, but it must be as these ads are legit.

Mind you, the consistency of the performance of the zombie in the first advert - when compared to The Walking Dead - isn't up to snuff. :sneaky:

Neil
27-Jan-2012, 04:00 PM
^^ Tue? That's a lot better I guess!

MinionZombie
27-Jan-2012, 06:06 PM
^^ Tue? That's a lot better I guess!

Indeed, it is better for us Brits to see it nearer the time of the Americans - hopefully it doesn't impact on the ratings here in the UK too much, but at 9.15pm it shouldn't be too much of a bother for anyone worried about getting up for work the following morning. I just hope that it doesn't get at all cut at that time - but I have faith - plus the unusual time of 9.15pm does suggest a self-imposed 'buffer zone' as parents get their kids off to bed as the 9pm 'watershed' rocks around.

The good thing too for us UK HPOTD'ers is we can join the discussion much sooner, and not when the chit-chat has kind of petered out somewhat.

Thorn
27-Jan-2012, 09:38 PM
Reviewing the trailer in detail let's see...

1) Rick (and others) must come across some unlikeable human folk (which hasn't been a major issue thus far really, beyond Merle), so it'd be good to mix things up a little with some human threat. That's backed up by Rick shouting out a window from a covered position - you can't talk down a zombie after all.

2) Rick & Shane getting hands-on ... now, this could be shortly after the barn shoot-out in 2x07, or it could be later (however I'd wager more on the former - these trailers have a history of juxtaposing shots and using certain angles etc to make us zed heads think one way when it is in fact another).

3) The zombie at the fence - not only does it look freakin' awesome, but yes, the uniform it's wearing and the grey concrete structure in back (with the grey bus) suggests a certain important location ... but then again they could be tricking us and it is in fact at another location, so who knows.

4) Clearly somebody escapes into a bus as there's a zombie trying to get through the door of one. That could make for a kick arse sequence. :)

5) Does the farm get invaded at one point - could it be a herd (or a mini herd) on the farm land? Might this be connected to the shot of Otis' van tear-assing down a dirt road with people inside (one of whom looks like T-Dog) ... methinks we'll see them move on from the farm during these next six episodes. Perhaps around episode 2x10 (just thinking about possible pacing of the episodes, where they'd go from there, and where many of us presume they'll end up in 2x13).

Agreed on all counts, I am really excited to see where this season takes us I have strong suspicions based on the preview and on the pace of the show compared to the comics. The comics had a number of unsavory humans in it, some of the stuff actually shocked me, I was amazed Kirkman when there and was allowed to go there.

Curiouser and curiouser

kidgloves
30-Jan-2012, 12:44 PM
Pretty intense scene of the aftermath of episode 7 courtesy of FXUK

fxuk.com/shows/the-walking-dead/videos/1417104158001

bassman
30-Jan-2012, 12:47 PM
I was JUST on my way to post that link. You beat me to it.:lol:

Looks like this is probably the first three minutes of the next episode. I'll put it in spoilers for people that don't watch the clip, but it makes you wonder....
why Hershel's zombified wife "played dead" if she was only shot in the jaw....

Another small FXUK promo...
r-5NtCQ237Q

krisvds
30-Jan-2012, 03:12 PM
Good observation. Still

it wouldn't be the first time the 'rules' are bended in this series in order to maximise 'effect'. Remember the rotting corpses in those cars on the highway? Surely they werent all shot in the head? Why didn't they come back? Because they were behind the wheel? Or because it made for some 'nice' scenes? I suspect the latter. Still, who kows what they will come up with ...

MinionZombie
30-Jan-2012, 05:33 PM
Can't wait for the start of the second half of season two - but seeing the FXUK website it still says Friday's 10pm (from Feb 17th) - so what's with those supposed FXUK promos that said Tuesdays at 9:15pm (and on ch110 to boot - when FX is on ch124)? Strange... :rockbrow:

As for that bit people are talking about in tags:
It'll be a cheat for effect, a little jump, which is mostly okay really - you have to bend a little here and there to manipulate a scene ... but I had thought "hey, wait a minute" at the end of 2x07 when that zombie went down which was shot in the mouth - this zombie that attacks the girl (probably her former mother?) has that part of her face missing ... as to why it was 'playing possum', well I don't know, maybe zombies experience a version of shock too - plus it was underneath another zombie (so the technicalities are bent to delay it's reaction) ... it does give us a nice scythe (?) to the head though. :elol:

bassman
30-Jan-2012, 09:54 PM
gQiR8jspsb4

"sorry, brother" :D

MinionZombie
31-Jan-2012, 10:00 AM
gQiR8jspsb4

"sorry, brother" :D

Ooooooh, the fanboy tingles!

Let's see what we've got in that video...

1) Super Ninja Daryl on a motorbike passing through zombies - like a boss. :cool:

2) Shane - possibly at a garage in the nearest town? - fleeing zombies.

3) Pretty clear indication of a herd storming the farm!

4) Carl about to shoot a zombie (we've seen this short before, but without his target in it, so it wasn't quite as some thought it would be).

5) Rick and Shane tusslin' with each other - methinks their friendship is going to hit a rough-as-hell patch in the next six episodes! Location has a police car and a school bus - could this be some sort of abandoned rescue shelter?

6) Some folks stuck in a bus - but how and why?

7) "Sorry brother" - there's three ways to take it - either literally (I would have thought they're pulling a typically twisty-turny tease on us), or he's shooting one of the group, or he's shooting a particularly pathetic looking zombie.

kidgloves
31-Jan-2012, 05:55 PM
Omfg how pumped!!!!!!!

kidgloves
19-Feb-2012, 07:32 PM
Another one of these Toptv promos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gb3I4R58oZ0

Neil
19-Feb-2012, 07:42 PM
...and the fact there were a dozen folks in the isles filming didn't give the audience a hint some funny $hit was going down... :)

bassman
19-Feb-2012, 11:17 PM
...and the fact there were a dozen folks in the isles filming didn't give the audience a hint some funny $hit was going down... :)

Video taping the audience is sometimes used for test screening reactions, so maybe they were participating in one?

It was a nifty little advertisement. I definitely would've been cheering loudly for it.

MinionZombie
20-Feb-2012, 05:54 PM
Another one of these Toptv promos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gb3I4R58oZ0

Ah-ha! That explains those trailers from a while ago that made it seem like we Brits would get it on Tuesdays at 9:15pm instead of our usual (and still to this day current) 10pm on Fridays slot ... those adverts are for South Africa, not the UK! Now I get it.

Pretty nifty bit at the end there. :D

bassman
21-May-2012, 07:24 PM
The first video from Season Three:

7yqlyyihVxQ

Zombie Snack
22-May-2012, 04:22 AM
T-Dog had more dialogue in the promo than the 2 previous seasons combined.

MinionZombie
22-May-2012, 10:00 AM
The first video from Season Three:

:hyper:**FANGASM!!!!**:hyper:

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2012, 09:55 AM
Another fascinating video detailing some of the CGI work used on season two - specifically the finale.

qoniNU1bZnw

There's one shot towards the end which pans down over a hoard at a fence - it's convincing when you see it as part of the whole, but as soon as you pause it, you can see they've copied & pasted numerous zombies, so the same figure turns up four times in the shot ... however, because it's brief, and there's not only a lot of zombie movement, but camera movement too, it's a neat cheat that you wouldn't notice unless you paused that shot specifically.

Again though, some of the CGI on this show is masterful - and it's good to see that they don't make the mistake of the earlier days (and even today sometimes) where just because it's CGI, doesn't mean you have to show the whole thing. The lighting matches, and many CG creations are nicely hidden/blended in with shadows - e.g. the two zombies behind Andrea.

kidgloves
25-Jun-2012, 09:42 PM
^^

I read an interview with Gale Ann Hurd the other day and she said they would be using puppeted animatronic zombies this season. Can't wait to see what gags they come up with:D

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2012, 09:56 AM
I read an interview with Gale Ann Hurd the other day and she said they would be using puppeted animatronic zombies this season. Can't wait to see what gags they come up with:D

Really? Sweet! :):thumbsup::)

They used one in the barn in season two - a close up of a really mangled looking one that looked out through the gaps in the barn door IIRC. I really dig the animatronic stuff - it works great for close ups, and you can have a zombie far more decayed looking than you could ever manage with a real person under make-up (e.g. very emaciated). Looking forward to seeing what they do there too. :)

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2012, 12:02 PM
Zombie Studio Tour with Greg Nicotero:

Rgfz0H7dTvw

I had to find it elsewhere on YouTube because AMC have ruddy well gone and region-locked all their fucking videos, so I can't see any of them! :mad:

bassman
07-Jul-2012, 12:13 PM
At 2:39, is that the same one that bites Cholo in Land?....

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2012, 04:54 PM
At 2:39, is that the same one that bites Cholo in Land?....

Close to it, but I don't think so ... I can see why you'd wonder that, though.

kidgloves
09-Jul-2012, 12:08 PM
Scene with Michonne from The Talking Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQR2OMkbYpQ&list=UUUnB3vw9NTqChSwaLxBq_0Q&index=1&feature=plcp

bassman
09-Jul-2012, 12:10 PM
Michonne clip that aired during last night's Talking Dead:

NKByQ24QzJA

The whole preview weekend was basically this clip. Not much of a "preview", really. Oh well....the comic con trailer is this week.

Neil
09-Jul-2012, 01:39 PM
^^ Sorry not impressed by that! Tacky rushing air sounds dubbed on when she, or her sword move? Tacky! Tacky!

And how on earth does she swing her sword when there's shelves in the way? Hmm... And where did those other two zombies appear from?

kidgloves
09-Jul-2012, 01:55 PM
^^ Sorry not impressed by that! Tacky rushing air sounds dubbed on when she, or her sword move? Tacky! Tacky!

And how on earth does she swing her sword when there's shelves in the way? Hmm... And where did those other two zombies appear from?

Well, the video is a cam of the tv broadcast and the whole scene has no context. You can see the 2 other zombies at the beginning behind the lead one as it walks up the aisle.

Prison Set

a031s9eybQo

Neil
09-Jul-2012, 03:17 PM
Well, the video is a cam of the tv broadcast and the whole scene has no context. You can see the 2 other zombies at the beginning behind the lead one as it walks up the aisle.OK! I can see them now... Still doesn't explain the strange wind sounds! :)

ps: a031s9eybQo is the better/easier way to put these video in!

MinionZombie
09-Jul-2012, 06:05 PM
Damnit, the preview scene has been taken down before I can get to see it in those embedded videos! :(

Wait a mo - found it!

CnhUD1xM7kU

Neil
10-Jul-2012, 08:12 AM
^^ Gone again! :)

MinionZombie
10-Jul-2012, 09:41 AM
^^ Gone again! :)

Well, at least I saw it, and once again, Neil: King of the Nitpickers finds some infintessimal element to blow up into a mountain of a problem for himself... :lol::p:sneaky::lol: ... the sound effects on the sword weren't a problem for me at all. I'd wager you'd miss it if there was no sound at all for the sword. The sounds help give a bit of life to the object, which you'll never be able to hold yourself, plus it would make some noise when it hacks through the spinal column and flesh as she decapitates the walkers. Even a stick makes a "woosh" noise if you swing it about.

As for space in the store - it looks like she adapted her swing/strike style for the close quarters situation ... kind of like how The Bride had to learn how to ultimately punch through a coffin which she was buried alive in, you know?

Neil
10-Jul-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, at least I saw it, and once again, Neil: King of the Nitpickers finds some infintessimal element to blow up into a mountain of a problem for himself... :lol::p:sneaky::lol: ... ?

Someone walking along does not make a swoosh. Someone running along does not make a swoosh. So why introduce such bollox! What is this, Teenage Mutant Ninija Turtles or something? And you mentioning Kill Bill is not a good thing because I'm scare it's going to go all Kill Bill on us with silly uber ninja stuff! :)

OK, so she's a sword expert, is the audience so dim we need daft audio queues to help us keep up?

MinionZombie
10-Jul-2012, 04:51 PM
Someone walking along does not make a swoosh. Someone running along does not make a swoosh. So why introduce such bollox! What is this, Teenage Mutant Ninija Turtles or something? And you mentioning Kill Bill is not a good thing because I'm scare it's going to go all Kill Bill on us with silly uber ninja stuff! :)

OK, so she's a sword expert, is the audience so dim we need daft audio queues to help us keep up?

*sigh* ... I can't even be bothered to battle the sheer problem you have with such a minimal issue (that I, personally, had no issue with) ... it's just ... it's ... oh it's too much hassle ... :lol::p:lol:

I'm getting flashbacks to the time you berated Wanted - a film by the guy who recently gave us Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - for being "unrealistic". :eek::lol::eek:

bassman
10-Jul-2012, 05:33 PM
You should see some of the conversations i've been having on other forums. Some people are already saying that TWD has jumped the shark because of the little we've seen of Michonne. Which is what....about eighty seconds with no dialogue? If you try to tell them that Michonne is actually a fantastically written character with much more to do in the story other than be a zombie killing "ninja", they laugh and say that only works in the comics and only little kids read the comics. :rockbrow:

It's funny that people seem to have a problem with Michonne simply because she uses a sword. If I were to be concerned about any of the new characters(which i'm not - Kirkman will maintain the integrity of his property), I would be more worried about The Governor. Forget Michonne and her swords, The Governor could easily turn out to be the most goofy and over-the-top character in TV history.....

BTW - that's not directed at you, Neil. The swoosh thing is probably a legitimate concern. These people i'm talking about are just complaining about a character they know nothing about.

Neil
10-Jul-2012, 06:35 PM
*sigh* ... I'm getting flashbacks to the time you berated Wanted - a film by the guy who recently gave us Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - for being "unrealistic". :eek::lol::eek:

What's that got to do with impossible sounds when people are walking? So, a person is walking... and there's a sounds you would never hear in your life produced by a person? $hit even Usain Bolt can't make air do that!?

All I can state is that the moment I watched that scene, all my *that's daft that's daft* alarms pinged off at the unnecessary sound(s). This isn't a chop suey flick, it's suppose to be grimey and realistic... It's doesn't need dressing up. The audience aren't idiots who need silly audio queues like this... are we?

What's next, bouncing around like Hidden Tiger Crouching Zombie to sex it up even more? :)

Prepares for next argument - But there's dead bodies walking around and you're questioning impossible sounds?

-- -------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Michonne is actually a fantastically written character with much more to do in the story other than be a zombie killing "ninja".
Good to hear. And indeed a dozen seconds of footage is not enough to assess anything fairly...

And my issue with that sound is simply me stating my 'oh dear' warnings fired off when I heard that 'cartoonesque' uneccessary (help the dim audience and sex it up) sound effect :)

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2012, 10:43 AM
I watched the clip again last night, for the umpteenth time, and I still don't know what your beef is. There's a mild swoosh as she passes camera - right up by the lens, very quickly, so you'd naturally put a little sound there to telegraph the moment a little more, in case the viewer blinks and misses it, or glances away for a moment ... the only sound effect I can even begin to see as possibly being 'over the top' or whatever is when she flicks the blade to get the blood off. The "shing!" is perhaps a bit loud (although I couldn't care less, personally), but a stern whip of the blade isn't going to be silent either - and like I said before, as a viewer you're not able to hold the blade yourself, so the sound effect replaces the 'feeling' if you will.

All the noises when she's attacking the zombies (with close combat techniques, I'd wager) make total sense. A blade slicing through meat and bone is going to make a noise.

I'm still amazed by how you can get so worked up about such a teeny weeny thing though, Neil ... you're nuts! :sneaky::D

bassman
13-Jul-2012, 09:46 PM
Season Three Trailer: http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/season-3-comic-con-trailer-the-walking-dead

V9_lkap-uFA

kidgloves
13-Jul-2012, 10:06 PM
Its all there. Not sure about David Morrissey though but its only a trailer so we'll see.

Link for UK users if Bassmans doesn't work

ZTq6eSCM_JA

bassman
13-Jul-2012, 10:23 PM
Its all there. Not sure about David Morrissey though but its only a trailer so we'll see.

Of course it was very little to go on, but what little we heard....I actually loved his voice. He's also got a couple cold stares in there that seem appropriate.

Cykotic
13-Jul-2012, 11:39 PM
OMFG.... That was nice! and finally... Merle!!!!

Is it just me or did they underplay the arrival of Michonne?

And what the hell was the name of that song during the later part of the trailer!

bassman
13-Jul-2012, 11:51 PM
And what the hell was the name of that song during the later part of the trailer!

The one at the beginning is "The Parting Glass". Not sure about the second one yet.

EDIT: Found it. Kari Kimmel - Black

b6UXYFHmATw

Cykotic
14-Jul-2012, 01:05 AM
nice one... thanks dude!

-- -------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

it's amazing how every season, they've chosen amazing songs for the trailers... let's hope season 4 doesn't fail

krisvds
14-Jul-2012, 05:58 AM
Looks very good. The scenes with the gang encountering the undead in those dark prison hallways look very tense. Tension and suspense is something this series could use more and 'Woodbury' and the governor seem set to deliver on that front as well.

These trailers are really well put together and the makers are great at fooling comic book lovers but some drastic changes regarding the whole prison storyline are coming up it seems. Especially in the 'who ends up where at what time' department ... is it just me or doest this trailer set up the entire storyline (which lasted for years in comic books) for just this season. No complaints of a pedestrian pace from the zombie acton lovers for this season if they do.

Which could lead to this one worry; our old friend Merle (with his pimped out/ Ash from the Evil dead 2 - style stump) and Michone's samurai moments could, if not carefull, play very silly ... Let's hope they do downplay those moments. Michone is too great a character to just turn into an action puppet.

Can't wait!

paranoid101
14-Jul-2012, 11:25 AM
October can not come soon enough

kidgloves
14-Jul-2012, 04:18 PM
Comic Con Tv Show Panel

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXHPOduEQv0

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5LPyBrXBBY&list=UU7R-q74uuLgUZlQQ7pT4PzA&index=1&feature=plcp

Comic Panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAof6yMVKSg

sandrock74
14-Jul-2012, 04:25 PM
Did anyone else notice how Rick says that they "spilled blood" to take the prison? I wonder if anyone will get killed off during their securing it?

Cykotic
14-Jul-2012, 04:53 PM
Please be Carl, Please be Carl....

What!? The little shit was responsible for Dale becoming zombie kibble!

MinionZombie
14-Jul-2012, 05:24 PM
I've gone and done a full-on analysis of the trailer (replete with a whole bunch of screenshots for further perusal) and you'll find it here:

MZ's Screenshot-Laden In-Depth Analysis of the Season 3 trailer! (http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/walking-dead-season-3-comic-con-2012.html)

Please be Carl, Please be Carl....

What!? The little shit was responsible for Dale becoming zombie kibble!

haha, no chance of that boyo ... if someone was to be killed off, I'd wager for either Beth (Heschel's daughter) or Carol ... unless Rick is talking more metaphorically, or generally (as in, shed blood in encounters beforehand on their way ... e.g. escaping the farm).

krisvds
14-Jul-2012, 05:30 PM
I've gone and done a full-on analysis of the trailer (replete with a whole bunch of screenshots for further perusal) and you'll find it here:

MZ's Screenshot-Laden In-Depth Analysis of the Season 3 trailer! (http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/walking-dead-season-3-comic-con-2012.html)

Wow. Nice job. Thumbs up.gif

bassman
14-Jul-2012, 08:51 PM
Great write up, MZ.

A couple things...

You can watch interviews with Kirkman to hear the correct way to pronounce Michonne. :p The "silencers" are indeed home-made from flashlights. It was confirmed on Talking Dead.

Andy
14-Jul-2012, 08:54 PM
Ok so nobody else is going to say it?

*sigh*

when the hell did Herschels hair get so long!?

bassman
14-Jul-2012, 09:22 PM

*sigh*

In the trailer there are several signs that point to there being a significant passing of time between the two seasons. Lori's belly is clearly showing, Carl's hair is longer, and Hershel's is long. Rick's hair may be longer as well, but it's kinda hard to tell because it's curly.

Yet T-Dog somehow has a perfectly shaven head?....

Cykotic
15-Jul-2012, 01:42 AM

Alopecia or perhaps, one of the last things you take for the end of the world are razors...

just sayin

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2012, 10:54 AM
Wow. Nice job. Thumbs up.gif

Ta muchly. :cool:

Great write up, MZ.

A couple things...

You can watch interviews with Kirkman to hear the correct way to pronounce Michonne. :p The "silencers" are indeed home-made from flashlights. It was confirmed on Talking Dead.

Unfortunately we never get Talking Dead over here in the UK, and I couldn't find it anywhere online to watch it. :(

Glad I figured out it was a torch just from the image, though, kinda chuffed about that. :p

*sigh*

Even though the shots are very quick, there's two distinct moments where you see Lori's decidedly rotund belly, and everyone's hair is longer ... well, most people's ... T-Dog's doing rather well on the personal up-keep, mind you, hehe. I'm not sure how long will have passed, but you get the impression it's been a good 2 or 3 months. It'll be interesting to see over what time scale all those shots in the trailer take place, and in what order.

Andy
15-Jul-2012, 11:55 AM
So they've been on the street, sleeping in a ruin for 2-3 months before they find the prison which is about 30 foot away from them?

Rick must have slapped himself in the face when he finally spotted it!

Tricky
15-Jul-2012, 02:28 PM

Maybe he made off with the clippers Shane used to shave his melon in S2? :p

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2012, 04:17 PM
So they've been on the street, sleeping in a ruin for 2-3 months before they find the prison which is about 30 foot away from them?

Rick must have slapped himself in the face when he finally spotted it!

The distance from their camp, to the prison, on the other side of a lake/river/reservoir, has gotta be two miles at least, and they're surrounded by hills and trees (so they can't see all that far), plus they have no petrol for their vehicles. Also, IIRC, they vehicles were pointed in the direction leading away from the prison.

Maybe he made off with the clippers Shane used to shave his melon in S2? :p

The jammy-fingered bugger. :p

bassman
07-Aug-2012, 01:37 PM
I can't remember if it had been mentioned before, but in a recent interview Gale Hurd confirms that the season three trailer is comprised of clips from ONLY the first three episodes of this season. It's going to be an action packed season, boys and girls...

MinionZombie
07-Aug-2012, 03:57 PM
I can't remember if it had been mentioned before, but in a recent interview Gale Hurd confirms that the season three trailer is comprised of clips from ONLY the first three episodes of this season. It's going to be an action packed season, boys and girls...

Blimey - they must be moving at a hell of a pace in the episodes now (I never bought the "slow show" complaint levelled at the front-seven episodes particularly of season two by certain quarters of the internet), and there must be a shedload of stuff going down this season if that stuff is just three episodes! :stunned::)

Any word on the length of the opening episode of the season?

krisvds
07-Aug-2012, 04:05 PM
Blimey - they must be moving at a hell of a pace in the episodes now (I never bought the "slow show" complaint levelled at the front-seven episodes particularly of season two by certain quarters of the internet), and there must be a shedload of stuff going down this season if that stuff is just three episodes! :stunned::)

I'm willing to bet people will start complaining that TWd moves too damn fast in the future ... ;)

Seriously; I do hope they don't rush through the prison/governor storyline. the 'storm' is earned mostly by the 'silence' before it. Quiet, drawn out, set-up moments are a TWD staple.
I wouldn't have minded seasons 2 slow build up IF the writing and characterisation had been a bit better. To me, the real star of the show is Nicotero and his amazing team. This show has the best undead in history. Plus they are shamblers to boot!

bassman
09-Aug-2012, 05:37 PM

Kirkman and Mazarra have said that Season Three will keep the pace of the last episodes of Season Two. I haven't seen any word on the length of the first episode, but it's being directed by Ernest Dickerson, so that's good news, imo. Next to Darabont, Dickerson has directed some of the best episodes of the series.

Seriously; I do hope they don't rush through the prison/governor storyline. the 'storm' is earned mostly by the 'silence' before it. Quiet, drawn out, set-up moments are a TWD staple.

Kirkman and Mazarra have said that they plan to explore the prison/Governor storyline for both Season Three AND Season Four, so I imagine it won't feel that rushed. We've got sixteen episodes this time around, maybe even more for the next season.

-- -------- Post added 09-Aug-2012 at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-Aug-2012 at 12:09 PM ----------

One of the deleted scenes from the beginning of Season Two:

UCf-9KRzwtw

Also, here's part of a special feature called "The Ink is Alive", where Kirkman compares the comic to the show: http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/watch-the-ink-come-alive-with-robert-kirkman-in-new-walking-dead-season-2-featurette

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2012, 05:52 PM
Kirkman and Mazarra have said that Season Three will keep the pace of the last episodes of Season Two. I haven't seen any word on the length of the first episode, but it's being directed by Ernest Dickerson, so that's good news, imo. Next to Darabont, Dickerson has directed some of the best episodes of the series.

Kirkman and Mazarra have said that they plan to explore the prison/Governor storyline for both Season Three AND Season Four, so I imagine it won't feel that rushed. We've got sixteen episodes this time around, maybe even more for the next season.

-- -------- Post added 09-Aug-2012 at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-Aug-2012 at 12:09 PM ----------

One of the deleted scenes from the beginning of Season Two:

UCf-9KRzwtw

Good news regarding the pace of season three. :)

Spiffing deleted scene too - some nice gore moments. Hopefully the disc release will have everything that was deleted from the original episodes 1 and 2.

Still pissed off that the UK release doesn't have commentaries - no good reason that I can see why they were left out. Grrr...

Better than the season one treatment we got in the UK, mind. A handful of online featurettes we've already seen a dozen times, and cut episodes. :mad:

rongravy
09-Aug-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm willing to bet people will start complaining that TWd moves too damn fast in the future ... ;)
It'll probably be Dave Navarro, and he'll also mention the fact that there are too many damn zombies as well...
Then he'll forget a few characters' names and such.
Then he'll immediately fall back in love with hisself and get back to posing for the camera with his luscious eyebrows.

Neil
09-Aug-2012, 08:36 PM
One of the deleted scenes from the beginning of Season Two
Felt sort of contrived and just a bit messy for some reason... Can see why is was deleted!?

bassman
09-Aug-2012, 10:59 PM
Felt sort of contrived and just a bit messy for some reason... Can see why is was deleted!?

It's only a small portion of what is reported to be nearly an entire episode of lost footage. There's supposed to be much more on the Season Two DVD release.

Hopefully Mazzara's commentary on all these deleted scenes will shed some light on the subject, but I doubt it. He'll probably remain professional and avoid the topic of Darabont's firing and the lost scenes in the process...

bassman
24-Aug-2012, 06:50 PM
EW interview with Andrew Lincoln(silly instead of informative):

K7su76NMQdE

EW interview with Danai Gurira(Michonne): http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/24/the-walking-dead-danai-gurira-michonne-pets/

MinionZombie
25-Aug-2012, 12:07 PM
EW interview with Andrew Lincoln(silly instead of informative):

K7su76NMQdE

EW interview with Danai Gurira(Michonne): http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/24/the-walking-dead-danai-gurira-michonne-pets/

Being that I'm familiar with the prison/woodbury arc in the comics (and indeed its pacing), I'm really looking forward to seeing how they tweak it for the show and how it all plays out.

bassman
25-Aug-2012, 12:20 PM
Being that I'm familiar with the prison/woodbury arc in the comics (and indeed its pacing), I'm really looking forward to seeing how they tweak it for the show and how it all plays out.

I'm really interested in the idea of there being several groups trying to take over the prison instead of only Woodbury. That's a great idea and sounds like it's going to be a nice change for the TV series.

MinionZombie
25-Aug-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm really interested in the idea of there being several groups trying to take over the prison instead of only Woodbury. That's a great idea and sounds like it's going to be a nice change for the TV series.

Mmm, me too! Makes a lot of sense, if a couple of groups can survive out there, why not several disparate groups? That way also, it encourages wider ranging fights with different groups. Our gang and Woodbury will both be taking people on as both of their locations will be wanted, and then ultimately Woodbury will want the Prison. There's so many possibilities as to how it might all play out, and it'll be really interesting to see how the different characters all interact - e.g. Andrea feeling a bit prone to falling in with the Woodbury lot having been 'left' at the barn (if I was there I'd shout out to Andrea - "because we saw a bloody walker grab you and you both went down as we were being ruddy surrounded, what did you expect?!" :p)

The pacing of all these events will be fascinating stuff to behold, how they drag out the conflict over this season - and potentially throughout season four too.

bassman
31-Aug-2012, 07:00 PM
Not an official video, but someone managed to get a good look at the prison set. Nothing spoilerish in here unless you count seeing the set as a spoiler. They really did amazing work turning Raliegh studios into a prison.

Qmb80u9ksNA

The first TV spot for Season Three. Pointless, but it is the first...

x18z-9xrpfI

-- -------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

The much talked about deleted scene from the season two premiere(also another small deleted scene at the end):

MFOQZ6Sr_dI

As has been discussed elsewhere on the net, the VERY beginning of the season premiere is missing for whatever reason. It would have started like the season two trailer with Shane running, screaming, shooting, then he jumps into the RV where this footage picks up.

MinionZombie
31-Aug-2012, 07:34 PM
Hmmm ... wonder why they didn't include that bit with Shane shooting and running? :confused: That looked cool-as-heck in the trailer.

I see that guy has uploaded the other deleted scenes ... *ahem* ... excuse me while I save them before they get shunted. :D

Cykotic
31-Aug-2012, 11:14 PM
EHQfMgyNtiA

not sure if this is official, but it's kinda cool

MinionZombie
01-Sep-2012, 10:11 AM
EHQfMgyNtiA

not sure if this is official, but it's kinda cool

Pretty cool, but I'd assume that's fan-made. I'm pretty sure all the footage is from the Comic-Con trailer.

sandrock74
02-Sep-2012, 04:10 PM
The way the music stumbled in a couple of spots would show its not official. I always liked the song, tho.

MinionZombie
03-Sep-2012, 04:37 PM
Another teaser, this time not-quite-so-piss-weak-on-footage like the last two.

AVtkuAsR_IA&hd=1

http://dailydead.com/new-teaser-video-for-the-walking-dead-season-3-2/

MinionZombie
10-Sep-2012, 05:35 PM
Prison tour with Robert Kirkman. This video was uploaded by someone else, so we non-Americans can see it, seeing as AMC still insist on region-locking their YouTube videos like numpties!

7GwJey2PtNw

AcesandEights
10-Sep-2012, 05:55 PM
The way the music stumbled in a couple of spots would show its not official. I always liked the song, tho.

Good call!

AMC still insist on region-locking their YouTube videos like numpties!

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012/03/10/5/192/1922398/Draper_640X360Thumb.preview/i/Mad-Men-Season-4-Recap-Video.jpg

MinionZombie
11-Sep-2012, 09:59 AM
http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2012/03/10/5/192/1922398/Draper_640X360Thumb.preview/i/Mad-Men-Season-4-Recap-Video.jpg

Damn you Don Draper, you charming bastard - you could sell veal to a vegan. :D

bassman
14-Sep-2012, 12:52 PM
A tiny bit of new footage in this one I believe. Basically more of the same, though...

mSJiYseNNfM

At :21 you can see that it's Andrea that Merle is talking to when he says the "How 'bout a kiss for your old pal Merle?" line in the Comic Con trailer.

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2012, 10:00 AM
The cast talk about the up-coming season.

Hka0_oJSJmg

rongravy
18-Sep-2012, 10:04 PM
All I know is that I'm wearing my boner pants on October 14th...

MinionZombie
19-Sep-2012, 10:11 AM
All I know is that I'm wearing my boner pants on October 14th...

:lol::lol::lol:

I expect the majority of HPOTD will be wearing their unrestrictive trouser options come the big day. :D

bassman
19-Sep-2012, 12:14 PM
Pants? Who needs pants? I'm going full nude just to avoid any trouble at all....

MinionZombie
19-Sep-2012, 03:59 PM
Pants? Who needs pants? I'm going full nude just to avoid any trouble at all....

Gross, but LOL-inducing. :D

At least put a sheet down first, I'm sure the good lady wife will appreciate that. :lol:

rongravy
19-Sep-2012, 08:53 PM
If there's a season premiere party going down at your house...
I'M STAYING AWAY FROM THE DIP!!!

MinionZombie
25-Sep-2012, 10:08 AM
O8vnOKqHnTA

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2012, 11:42 AM
Pretty much stuff you've seen already in this TV spot, but there's a couple of fresh shots briefly glimpsed in here.

pSoy9QlIeGA&hd=1

bassman
04-Oct-2012, 12:52 PM
Sweet little TV spot:

9IOia9H-8u8

Only ten days now, folks!

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2012, 04:51 PM
Sweet little TV spot:

9IOia9H-8u8

Only ten days now, folks!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

/SPOOOOOOOOODGE.

:D

bassman
08-Oct-2012, 05:30 PM
Clip from episode 301 "Seed"

RkJtUHb3dPw

Less than a week now...

MinionZombie
08-Oct-2012, 06:08 PM

RkJtUHb3dPw

Less than a week now...

I've got soggy boxers after that. :hyper:

Everyone recovered from that mental image? Okay, I'll continue ... I dig the fact that they're tracking the various groups of walkers and considering how their movements might affect said collections of stenches (albeit with Daryl still riding - like a boss - on his brother's motorcycle :D ... but I can let that go just fine :)). Also - Carl taking point - we should be seeing a more grown up boy this time around. I think the events of season two - particularly how his actions got Dale killed - have impacted upon him and snapped him awake to what's real.

Oh, and T-Dog had lines. :sneaky::lol::sneaky:

kidgloves
14-Oct-2012, 10:42 AM
NYCC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNUZUx1R8Jw

Neil
14-Oct-2012, 01:59 PM

Less than a week now...

Nope! Not gonna watch! Can't make me!

Morto Vivente
13-Apr-2013, 06:43 PM
Effects reel for season 3.

dlRUmRGGsXM

ProfessorChaos
13-Apr-2013, 07:38 PM
^

that's damn impressive.....now if only the writing was half that good....

MinionZombie
06-May-2013, 04:51 PM
Season 4 "Zombie School" video.

bdt7XyS7bCM

Morto Vivente
06-May-2013, 06:37 PM
I can't view this from my location, using this link or another site. Is it some AMC copyright malarkey? "The uploader has not made this video available in your country", balls to that.

MinionZombie
07-May-2013, 09:36 AM
I can't view this from my location, using this link or another site. Is it some AMC copyright malarkey? "The uploader has not made this video available in your country", balls to that.

Yeah, AMC routinely region block their videos, but you can download region unlocking 'add-ons' for your browser that will unlock such videos (which is how I was able to view it). I would have provided a region all link, but couldn't find one.

Morto Vivente
07-May-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info MZ, it worked a treat. :)