PDA

View Full Version : New Romero Interview

Gustopher
25-Aug-2010, 05:58 PM
George talks about Survival of the Dead, and his other zombie films:

http://www.straight.com/article-339898/vancouver/survival-dead-george-romeros-career-flesheaters

Trin
25-Aug-2010, 06:50 PM
“I really went for some Looney Tunes humour. Real Chuck Jones stuff. No way can you do that without CG,” Romero says. “You have to dispose of zombies in clever ways in order to compete these days.”

The man who thinks he's doing artsy original commentary stuff is worried about keeping up with the competition in making gag kills? Talk about missing the point!! :mad:

Did he see that zombie baby in Dawn '04 and get all jealous? Did he see how well it was received and pound his fist on the table and think, "I need something to top zombie baby. I need zombie flaregun. Or zombie defib. Or zombie fire extinguisher. Yeah, baby, that'll show em who's the best!"

“I guess I’ve always been more sympathetic toward the zombies than I have the humans. It’s a Karloff thing, it’s a King Kong thing. The monster’s just doing what comes natural, you know?”

I only wish he would stick to this idea. Big Daddy? Please. So not "monster just doing what comes naturally."

Debbieangel
09-Sep-2010, 08:24 PM
dang..GAR needs to stick with what he absouletly knows..for me NIGHT was surreal..he needs to stick with that total formula imho!!!
NIGHT stands alone the test of time,why mess with that?
He should COME BACK to PA and do a continuing NIGHT in same formula, same shamblers, oh and not sure of this one but maybe black and white?
Oh, also 'the kills'..same formula..what is more frightening than a bunch of zombies going after you?

Debbieangel
09-Sep-2010, 08:28 PM
I also think not just use totally young people in film..take it from different pov's like ok say like me, I am disabled....what happens to people that aren't able to get around that well? I mean show it! not just survival ..the struggle the REAL struggle. How about people held up in their homes in a community trying to survive? I dont mean "Survival" types either...I mean real people with real probs?