PDA

View Full Version : Holy.... AMAZING car crash caught on police video

LouCipherr
26-Aug-2010, 01:46 PM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1418565565?bctid=593380573001

I'm speechless. :stunned:

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 01:49 PM
They've been showing this on the news for a few days now. You wanna know what's REALLY amazing about it? After the car disintegrated, as you can see in the video, the teenager driving it is STILL ALIVE.:eek:

I believe they said he was approaching 110mph when he hit the rail...

LouCipherr
26-Aug-2010, 01:55 PM
I can't fathom how ANYONE survived that crash.

Here's a follow-up article: http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/video:-i-675-crash-caught-on-tape

Text from the link:

Cruiser cam catches 100 mph crash
The crash shut down freeway for six hours
Updated: Tuesday, 24 Aug 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 23 Aug 2010, 3:26 PM EDT

SUGARCREEK TWP., Montgomery Co. (WDTN) - The cruiser cam video that captured a horrific single car crash on Interstate 675 in Beavercreek, Ohio Aug. 23 has gone viral on the internet.

Brennan S. Eden, 19, of Mason, Ohio, lost control of his car and slammed into the concrete pillar of a bridge south of Indian Ripple Road about 7:15 a.m.

The force of the crash broke the car into three pieces and Brennan was ejected.

Witnesses said moments before the crash, Brennan was passing other drivers at speeds of at least 100 mph. He crashed when he drove off the left side of the roadway while passing a Sugarcreek Twp. police car. The crash was caught on that officer's cruiser camera.

"He went down into the median, into the grass, hit the guardrail, went airborne and the car hit the center post of the bridge and literally exploded into three main pieces," said witness Mark Riley.

Police said Brennan was alert and conscious after the crash and was flown to Miami Valley Hospital by Careflight where he was last listed in critical condition.

"He is very lucky to still be alive at this point," said Ohio State Highway Patrol Lt. Marty Fellure. "You can see behind me the impact he took and where he got ejected and landed, he's a very fortunate man right now."

Fellure said they are still investigating the crash trying to determine Eden's speed and why he was passing cars on the berm.

The crash shut down the southbound lanes for nearly six hours.

HOLY SHIT! :stunned:

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 02:15 PM
Lucky doesn't even cut it. This kid must have a higher purpose in life. He should have never survived that. And he was conscious after?!? WTF?

LouCipherr
26-Aug-2010, 02:20 PM
http://enderzero.net/smilies/surprise.gif

I know! I don't get how he survived at all, much less being awake when paramedics got there..

The cop says you can see where he was ejected - I can't make it out in the video, but I've been trying.. all I see is a car launch into the air, turn sideways in mid-air, side-swipe some concrete bridge supports, then explode into what seems like many pieces. :stunned:

Cinerary
26-Aug-2010, 02:51 PM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1591/knightriderboostd.gif

:elol:

shootemindehead
26-Aug-2010, 03:29 PM
Just as well the drivers seat is on the left in American cars.

If that was over here, he would have been mush.

LouCipherr
26-Aug-2010, 03:58 PM
Cinerary - that was just wrong! :lol:

Is it also wrong that I lmao @ that gif? :D

AcesandEights
26-Aug-2010, 04:02 PM
Is it also wrong that I lmao @ that gif? :D

It may well be, but it's hard to resist :lol:

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 04:04 PM
That gif is awesome. :lol:

Cinerary
26-Aug-2010, 04:07 PM
Haha, had to do it.:D

DjfunkmasterG
26-Aug-2010, 05:19 PM
+100 on the gif... I wonder if his car was a firebord/trans am... I am not 10%% I thought it looked closer to a Nissan 240

ProfessorChaos
26-Aug-2010, 05:25 PM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1591/knightriderboostd.gif

holy fuck, funniest thing i've seen in quite a while!

on a side note, what sort of car was the kid driving? looks like a camaro or firebird to me.

when i first got my trans am i put the speed-o well into the triple digits a few times, then thought about how much a speeding ticket like that would cost (wreckless driving charges, loss of liscense, fines, etc) or even worse, how fucking terrible a crash at those speeds would be. for a quick glance at a similar crash victim with worse luck, do an image search for 'porsche girl'...pretty nasty stuff, so google at your own risk.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Aug-2010, 05:30 PM
holy fuck, funniest thing i've seen in quite a while!

on a side note, what sort of car was the kid driving? looks like a camaro or firebird to me.

when i first got my trans am i put the speed-o well into the triple digits a few times, then thought about how much a speeding ticket like that would cost (wreckless driving charges, loss of liscense, fines, etc) or even worse, how fucking terrible a crash at those speeds would be. for a quick glance at a similar crash victim with worse luck, do an image search for 'porsche girl'...pretty nasty stuff, so google at your own risk.

there is a follow up news report it was a FIREBIRD

LouCipherr
26-Aug-2010, 06:13 PM

Dj was right, it is indeed a firebird.

I've had my BMW into the triple-digits only once in my life, and I doubt I'll do it again. I got a call from my son's school, and I bolted the the school (yes, there is a reason I needed to get there that fast, it wasn't just because I 'wanted' to) - then, just like PC, I started thinking "holy shit, if I was ever in a wreck at this speed...." and that was the end of that. It only lasted about 2-3 minutes, and never again. :lol:

PC - I've seen the Porche Girl pictures - not a pleasant sight, but a warning to all, like this kid, where driving at 100+mph could land you (pun intended). :(

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 06:19 PM
for a quick glance at a similar crash victim with worse luck, do an image search for 'porsche girl'...pretty nasty stuff, so google at your own risk.

I can't even make out what it is. I see hair....and I think I see a jaw bone, but that's about it. Is her head split down the middle?

On a side note, when I did a search for that title it brought up a picture of a VW beetle with a vagina for a hood? :lol:

ProfessorChaos
26-Aug-2010, 06:54 PM
yeah, the girls head pretty much got split open when she slammed into a toll booth. for the non-squeamish, here's a link detailing the case.

http://www.bestgore.com/road-accidents/porsche-girl-nikki-catsouras-carcrash-photos/

AcesandEights
26-Aug-2010, 07:00 PM
Definitely not my cup of tea.

darth los
26-Aug-2010, 07:14 PM
That IS crazy.

What's crazier is that some people trip over a rock hit their head an die.

Go figure. :confused:

:cool:

Ghost Of War
26-Aug-2010, 07:22 PM
yeah, the girls head pretty much got split open when she slammed into a toll booth. for the non-squeamish, here's a link detailing the case.

http://www.bestgore.com/road-accidents/porsche-girl-nikki-catsouras-carcrash-photos/

She's hot...was hot.

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 07:31 PM
Following the growth of Porsche Girl phenomenon, The Catsouras started receiving emails camouflaged as something else, but containing pictures of Nikki Catsouras’ death. Her dad Christos is a real estate agent (that’s why he was driving a $150 000 worth of Porsche Carrera) so they were sending emails that were made to sound as if coming from a client interested in byuing a real estate property, but after opening, there was a picture of his little girl Nikki Catsouras dead.

WTF? Twisted fuckers...

darth los
26-Aug-2010, 07:35 PM
That's like the greatest site ever! :hyper:

ProfessorChaos
26-Aug-2010, 07:44 PM
i gotta admit, when i first was introduced to the site, i wasted an entire evening going through it. some horrific stuff there, for sure. the air show disaster that killed like 70 people comes to mind...crazy video.

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 07:51 PM
i gotta admit, when i first was introduced to the site, i wasted an entire evening going through it. some horrific stuff there, for sure. the air show disaster that killed like 70 people comes to mind...crazy video.

*sigh*

Now I gotta go back, man. Curiosity is getting the best of me.

Something is wrong with all of us.:lol:

LouCipherr
26-Aug-2010, 08:01 PM
On a side note, when I did a search for that title it brought up a picture of a VW beetle with a vagina for a hood? :lol:

:lol: I don't wanna see Porche Girl, i wanna see VaginaVW! :lol:

That IS crazy.

What's crazier is that some people trip over a rock hit their head an die.

Go figure.

I know - the dude driving this car obviously had a horseshoe up his ass or something.. Incredible he even lived for a few seconds after the crash, much less made it to the hospital alive..

BillyRay
26-Aug-2010, 08:05 PM
I checked out that main page....and lasted about 30 seconds before I had to click away. Not for me, man.

Excessive gore in a movie is one thing. It's make-believe. I know it's squibs and latex and Kayo syrup and cgi and puppets. Nobody actually got hurt. Everybody had a drink and a laugh when the Director yelled "cut".

But I can feel my nerve endings twitch when I look at these photos. Phantom empathic pain. I don't like pain. Pain, REAL pain, and suffering are not entertainment. Not to me.

I'm not judging, just slightly nauseous and more than a little uncomfortable.

http://fearlessblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/soapbox.jpg

Publius
27-Aug-2010, 09:34 AM
Cinerary, that's the funniest thing I've seen all week.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Aug-2010, 12:11 PM
Just checked out those Porsche girl pics, I don't know if those are the pics Billy Ray referred to, but I am with him I see no entertainment value in something that graphic and horrific.

I don't get easily freaked out by gore and violence but a part of me was ready to throw up after seeing those pics.

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 12:18 PM
Just checked out those Porsche girl pics, I don't know if those are the pics Billy Ray referred to, but I am with him I see no entertainment value in something that graphic and horrific.

I don't think anybody is getting entertainment out of them, it's just the curiosity of what happened. Just like when you're on the road and you come up on a wreck. You don't really want to look and see a dead body laying there, but you JUST. HAVE. TO.

Nobody is laughing at the girl or anything. It's a shame her life was cut short and it's horrible for her family. I have a little a girl myself and thought of losing her, like any parent, is enough to make me vomit.

It's just that some people can stomach looking at that stuff out of that strange curiosity to see something "out of the ordinary". Just to see what 110mph and a brick wall can do to a person. Hell....some people are paid to do it. Where's yojimbo when you need him? I believe he works at a funeral parlor....

I guess what I'm saying is that some people can stomach it and some can't. It doesn't mean we're getting any kind of sick enjoyment or entertainment out of it.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Aug-2010, 12:31 PM
I guess I should re-phrase... not meaning anyone here directly but to those people who get a kick out of sending the pictures of her crash ot her parents like some kind of sick joke.

A line just has to be drawn.

LouCipherr
27-Aug-2010, 12:39 PM
I guess I should re-phrase... not meaning anyone here directly but to those people who get a kick out of sending the pictures of her crash ot her parents like some kind of sick joke.

"Who said anything about dawling a line, man? I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead."

:lol:

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 12:46 PM

Oh yeah. In that case....definitely. The parents of that girl should have never, ever, EVER seen those photos. Hopefully Karma will catch up to the sick bastards that got a kick out of sending them to her parents...

DjfunkmasterG
27-Aug-2010, 01:11 PM
"Who said anything about dawling a line, man? I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead."

:lol::lol::lol:

I left that wide open for F&LILV quote

LouCipherr
27-Aug-2010, 01:19 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

I left that wide open for F&LILV quote

"Yes you did, Bret, YES YOU DID!" :lol:

Ghost Of War
27-Aug-2010, 01:40 PM
That site is gruesome. Why does curiosity always get the better of me?

darth los
27-Aug-2010, 02:49 PM
That site is gruesome. Why does curiosity always get the better of me?

Human Nature.

LouCipherr
27-Aug-2010, 03:17 PM

Am I the only one who hasn't clicked on that link?!

I can remember a site, which is long gone now, called "Dan's Gallery of the Grotesque" - which, I admit, I did skim through - although I lasted only about 5 minutes on that site before I said "nah, not for me, screw this.."

Like someone said before, movie violence is one thing, you know it's fake.. when I see the "real stuff"? I get queasy and have to turn the other way. :barf:

Ghost Of War
27-Aug-2010, 03:45 PM
It's funny, because I have a mate who hates horror films, he can't stand them, but he'll watch all this brutal shit like beheadings and suicides. I find it hard enough looking at the photos, never mind the videos. But I'll watch the most depraved horror films I can.

AcesandEights
27-Aug-2010, 03:55 PM

Nope. I don't riff on that stuff and wouldn't really gain from seeing it. I know an argument can be made that some people can learn from seeing it, but those sorts of sites seem to exist to provide entertainment and spectacle based off of other people's tragedy, misery, pain and loss. Can't countenance that sort of thing, not to that degree.

But that's just my personal opinion.

BillyRay
27-Aug-2010, 04:17 PM
But inasfar as learning from this sort of thing, there's plenty of medical textbooks with full color pictures and (most important) actual scientific context.

Certainly the Zombie (and more general Horror) genre has benefited from these sorts of examples being readily available. Didn't Savini use a morgue file (pun intended) when creating the makeup and effects for Day?

I just don't like the idea of human suffering as Entertainment. That's what that site smacked of, to me. Found it far to gleeful about the subject matter.

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 04:25 PM
Certainly the Zombie (and more general Horror) genre has benefited from these sorts of examples being readily available. Didn't Savini use a morgue file (pun intended) when creating the makeup and effects for Day?

I believe he's said that his time as a Photographer in Vietnam has always affected his work. Something along the lines of "If the special effects didn't give me the same feeling I got while seeing the real thing in Vietnam, they weren't working"

ProfessorChaos
27-Aug-2010, 04:26 PM
i saw some pretty brutal stuff in iraq, and have seen a few pretty bad car accidents where there was lots of blood and whatnot. i think my curiosity is what attracted me to that site initially. i will agree, however, that the tone of the site is pretty childish and disrespectful. some of the captions for some of the pictures make me wanna slap the shit out of the guy who runs the site. for instance, captioning a pic of a dead woman's body and going on about her tits or how hot she was. fucking un-classy, to say the least.

edit: and i can't find any follow-ups about the crash from the op. i saw that dj said it was a firebird, but why the fuck was he driving 100mph (especially right by a police cruiser) and was he on drugs, drunk, etc? the dude still alive?

AcesandEights
27-Aug-2010, 04:32 PM
edit: and i can't find any follow-ups about the crash from the op. i saw that dj said it was a firebird, but why the fuck was he driving 100mph (especially right by a police cruiser) and was he on drugs, drunk, etc? the dude still alive?

I think he was snorting lucky charms to have lived through that!

darth los
27-Aug-2010, 04:36 PM

I can remember a site, which is long gone now, called "Dan's Gallery of the Grotesque" - which, I admit, I did skim through - although I lasted only about 5 minutes on that site before I said "nah, not for me, screw this.."

Like someone said before, movie violence is one thing, you know it's fake.. when I see the "real stuff"? I get queasy and have to turn the other way. :barf:

The exact thing happened to me the other day.

I can watch blood and guts in a movie and simultaneously eat a greasy lo mein. But the other day I saw some gruesome roadkill of a cat and it's enitre insides were literally forced out of it's mouth. I turned away instantly in horror.

That reaction really suprised me.

So yeah, it's totally different in real life.